Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So then why did he also turn down the Seahawks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Takes a lot of talent to build a basketball team that can't escape the 2nd round to save their lives

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

I'm tapped into English culture because of my job and by and large everyone hates Wrexham and thinks they're cringe

What's ur job, licking English guys' balls?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yes blarzgh, I'm paid by a British employer to put balls in my mouth

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Also to shitpost

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What's the pay? I'd say no way in hell, but in this economy...

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Cartoon Man posted:

So then why did he also turn down the Seahawks?

He’s still a young hyped (white) OC, he’ll have plenty of other opportunities, maybe he didn’t like these, and liked what Detroit was doing. Cynical answer perhaps—he likes Dan Campbell and those players and staff and wants to bring the lions a ring

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

MrMojok posted:

Also to shitpost

Putting in for that sweet time and a half

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Pontius Pilate posted:

He’s still a young hyped (white) OC, he’ll have plenty of other opportunities, maybe he didn’t like these, and liked what Detroit was doing. Cynical answer perhaps—he likes Dan Campbell and those players and staff and wants to bring the lions a ring

Ben was on the Patricia era lions as well. He knows loser energy when he sees it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1755623649477091373?s=20

Putting together a dream team

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
He will show them all our secrets (that he had to take his nephews high school playbook to try to get something out of shook hurts)

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Takes a lot of talent to build a basketball team that can't escape the 2nd round to save their lives

Commanders night at 76 Place in the near future will be the funniest night in Philadelphia history.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Looks like Zimmer is gonna be the Cowboys DC and hell, I like it

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah, he was my first choice out of all the names that were being thrown around. I started getting worried when Rex Ryan popped into the discussion and seemed very much like a Jerry hire.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I've done a complete 180 - I'm all in on Zim

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Cowboys could have done much much worse.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Ayudo posted:

Cowboys could have done much much worse.

Dallas offseason motto 2006-Present

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Here, I'l pour cold water on it. I don't think it matters that Zimmer is defensive coordinator - he'll either be gone in a year or made the head coach. Does it matter if Zimmer is a really good coach if there isn't enough time to build up his defense? Frankly, I don't believe his crusty style, a style that won't work with some of these guys that blossomed under Dan Quinn, will work with a front office that meddles the way the Joneses do. All this because they can't just fire Mike McCarthy!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chip Kelly’s wild ride will not be returning to the NFL.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39492371/ohio-state-hire-ucla-coach-chip-kelly-new-oc

https://i.imgur.com/n8zEcWw.gifv

:flaccid:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tom Sellout posted:

Here, I'l pour cold water on it. I don't think it matters that Zimmer is defensive coordinator - he'll either be gone in a year or made the head coach. Does it matter if Zimmer is a really good coach if there isn't enough time to build up his defense? Frankly, I don't believe his crusty style, a style that won't work with some of these guys that blossomed under Dan Quinn, will work with a front office that meddles the way the Joneses do. All this because they can't just fire Mike McCarthy!

I think the bigger issue is just the roster. Even in a different scheme, I've my doubts they can fix the run defense.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but what’s the 49ers excuse this year now that they *had* their QB.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah ngl there was some measure of enjoyment in watching SF eat poo poo after all that whining in the wake of last year's nfccg

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Toaster Beef posted:

yeah ngl there was some measure of enjoyment in watching SF eat poo poo after all that whining in the wake of last year's nfccg

Yeah but nobody wins here because the Chiefs also whine about "no respect" and "nobody believed in us" despite being a constant fixture in the Superbowl

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
All those injuries and ridiculous fumbles, missed point after attempt, and insane punt San Francisco is officially cursed

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don’t really think San Fran did anything really wrong, maybe should’ve run more in the third. Two good close teams, they just came up a bit short.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Eagles / 49ers blood feud is over now that we've both lost to the Chiefs in heartbreaking fashion by 3 points after being up by 10.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
they're a bunch of whiny bitches. hard to take them seriously

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Lmao coping is hard, but it was a little heartbreaking to see niners fans resort to making GBS threads on the Cowboys after the loss to try to find any sort of footing.

Team was put in a coffin and buried a month ago, it's okay they cant hurt anyone now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Pissing on the grave of your enemies is cool and good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but there's always gonna be time for that. Next season's grave is being dug as we speak.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feel bad for Trent Williams

He should have won one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Romo called the game early. Opposing QBs can’t handle second half Mahomes in big games. They freak out

Hurts did ok last year tho. Eagles defense lost that game in the second half

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Romo called the game early. Opposing QBs can’t handle second half Mahomes in big games. They freak out

Hurts did ok last year tho. Eagles defense lost that game in the second half

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1756901876254327271?t=zf9mWruN-Q1j_HJ0c2g-UQ&s=19

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I thought it was extremely kind to let the Eagles coaching staff call their offense for the second half of the Super Bowl after they were so mean to them.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
"we cannot possibly stop the other qb from scoring" is a solved problem, and the answer is to run the goddamn ball

not every team has the personnel to make that work, obviously, but the niners very much do

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish

fartknocker posted:

Pissing on the grave of your enemies is cool and good

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
To be clear, the 49rs never 'abandoned the run'

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1757059060514406515?t=cOjdzwaH2nNK5VDhYwnD3w&s=19

In fact, on possessions, if they started with the first down run they were way less ess likely to get a first down

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've been having a pleasant morning listening to San Fran sports radio

edit: they're still talking poo poo about the Eagles, rent free

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 12, 2024

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

shyduck posted:

I've been having a pleasant morning listening to San Fran sports radio

edit: they're still talking poo poo about the Eagles, rent free

I will always root for the Niners over the Cowboys, but what a whiny fanbase they've become over the last few years. They would never survive NFCE heckling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

To be clear, the 49rs never 'abandoned the run'

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1757059060514406515?t=cOjdzwaH2nNK5VDhYwnD3w&s=19

In fact, on possessions, if they started with the first down run they were way less ess likely to get a first down

I mean for a stats guy 38 passes to 22 runs should be a simple number identifier