Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Painted my first vehicle --

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
tactical tau

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Cross posting from the painting thread, because I'm real chuffed with how it turned out

Bohemian Nights posted:

Finished the grotmas gitz! I'm often overly critical of myself, but I'm super happy with how this guy turned out- though I could definitely have spent more time on the rider, especially his coat- but whatever! It felt done.

This guy is by far the most advanced thing I've painted, just an incredible amount of colour and detail on this model- but incredibly fun to paint, it'll be weird to transition back to painting Raven Guard in various shades of grey and black after this

I hope someone can tell what the bottom right box is supposed to be painted as- and the other ones are totally randomly picked colours and not at all some attempt at incisive scandinavian political commentary.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

tautical

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

rantmo posted:

I suppose I could stick a book or two on it from the Paladin kit, I'll take a look when it's all built to see if there's a spot that works. I'd love, like, the flat ornaments that the Baal Predator had, or even that the Proteus has but are HH specific. Hell, I'd take some transfers at this point but even with that, the only one I can find is on Etsy and ships from the Netherlands (I'm in the US) and I just don't know that it's worth all that hassle.

I think you could actually modify some of those Paladin back ornaments into the flat ones you're looking for. Obviously not all of them, but certainly some.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/11/sunday-preview-space-marines-return-from-battling-leviathan/

For those who have been weeping bitter tears that the Space Marines haven't gotten any love as of late, then fear not. This is your time.

Next week's pre-orders have not only all of the Marine units from Leviathan in stand alone releases, the new Scouts from Kill Team are also now available on their own.

As is the Striking Scorpions.

I just started building up my Marines into a playable army and I noticed two things:

- There are so many units and most of them are incredibly mediocre
- Because there are so many mediocre units many lists don't share models so you end up buying a lot of crap if you want to change up your style

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/11/sunday-preview-space-marines-return-from-battling-leviathan/

For those who have been weeping bitter tears that the Space Marines haven't gotten any love as of late, then fear not. This is your time.

Next week's pre-orders have not only all of the Marine units from Leviathan in stand alone releases, the new Scouts from Kill Team are also now available on their own.

As is the Striking Scorpions.

And the multipart Terminator captain.

And Scouts are being sold in tens by the look of it, literally the two halves of the Kill Team box now sold separately.

Still no word on a Judiciar release. Or Codex Dark Angels, actually. Guess it's staying "early access" yet.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm glad the scouts are being sold as a ten frankly, loads of people in the discord I'm in were expecting them to be sold as a unit of five.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

BizarroAzrael posted:

And the multipart Terminator captain.

And Scouts are being sold in tens by the look of it, literally the two halves of the Kill Team box now sold separately.

Still no word on a Judiciar release. Or Codex Dark Angels, actually. Guess it's staying "early access" yet.

The Judiciar is part of the Honored of the Chapter kit, which was the Indomitus equivalent of this Heroes of Chapter kit. I don't think we've heard anything about plans to do a stand-alone version of it.

Scouts being sold in tens makes sense because it's branded as a Kill Team box, not a Warhammer 40k box.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm gonna laugh if the Scouts come with 1 missile launcher per box

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Only way for there to be a stand alone Judicar is if they redesign it to make a whole new sprue for it. Which I doubt is going to happen because it's just Yet Another Space Marine Character(TM) model.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Eej posted:

I'm gonna laugh if the Scouts come with 1 missile launcher per box

The ten scouts that came in Kill Team: Salvation are two sets of five on identical five-scout sprues, so it's two per box.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
I think the Repulsor tanks look rad as poo poo and I think I'm going to buy one for my new Deathwing. The one with the giant plasma cannon?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Repulsor Executioners are very good right now and even on the upswing because all their random shitter guns do very well into Ctan. The laser is generally more useful but in Ironstorm the big plasma can also do work.

Stephenls posted:

The ten scouts that came in Kill Team: Salvation are two sets of five on identical five-scout sprues, so it's two per box.

Whew

Eej fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 11, 2024

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

these kits work on both land raider hulls fyi

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

OctaMurk posted:

Painted my first vehicle --

Cadian color tau. Looks great

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

"Are you seeing this poo poo right here?"

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Slow and steady progress on another PBC.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Played my first ever game of Warhammer and won!

2 (IG, custodes) v 2 (CSM, Drukhari)

The custodes bravely gave their lives nearly to a man to shield the Death Korp from direct enemy attacks. Three Kiregsmen gave their lives. RIP.

Also hooollly poo poo that leman Russ tank commander is scary. It fully tanked 1.5 squads of CSM + their warlord in both shooting and melee and managed to disengage and survive.

Really want to go re-highlight all my minis now, kinda thinking having the primary color be such a dark blue was a bit of a mistake.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

That's hilarious that it was the super elite soldiers tanking for canning fodder

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Tanks tank.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

I never killed much of consequence with my Plagueburst Crawlers, but drat if they don't absorb insane amounts of shooting. And people I play seem terrified of them and keep focusing on them instead of, say, my rhinos and plagueboys that actually do stuff, so I guess their Taunt game is on point.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/02/12/slip-through-the-battlefield-and-pounce-on-your-prey-with-the-new-kroot-trail-shaper/

More kroot! This time a Trail Shaper.

And some rules to go with that:

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

mmm, human bacon

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
So I found these absolutely sick looking Traitor Guard sentinels, I'm wondering if there's anything I can proxy them as in my CSM list to go with a squad of traitor guard:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/chaos/renegades-of-pain/chaos-renegades-of-pain-suffering-warden-v1/

Says made for a 100mm base, but don't the new sentinels go on an 80mm base? Helbrutes are on 60mm bases so maybe a proxy Venomcrawler? Wish CSM got a brood brothers style rule for guard units!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Play a guard army and say they're traitors.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

As I plot out my first army, how bad will it be to take non-Deathwing in a Inner Circle detachment ? I gather I can have non-elite units "count" as Deathwing for the detachment rule and strats by having them led by named characters - like Azrael with Hellblasters, but there's stuff I'd like to field like Inceptors who absolutely can't have this so will only be able to use Oath. I know it's early days but is that going to be a big handicap?

Would have been nice if generic characters besides Terminators could have the Deathwing tag, or at least Captains and Chaplains. Maybe it would be too good to just add a lieutenant to every unit to make them Deathwing, but I doubt it really.

E:

Lostconfused posted:

Play a guard army and say they're traitors.

I've been thinking of doing an army I can play as both Blood Angel or CSM, fallen Blood Angels big on the vampire aesthetic.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 12, 2024

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Counterpoint: guard are boring as hell never play guard my sister of slaanesh

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You don't know it yet, but we're all in the Guard. Everyone here is Terran PDF.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

not me, I'm part of casualty figures due to orbital bombardment

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I'm going to blame games-workshop switching to 3D sculpting for every model having the same leather straps and scraps of chainmail hanging everywhere.

Or alternatively the same the pouches all over the place.

Paddyo
Aug 3, 2007
Hey, does anyone have a good source for 3rd party Alpha Legion bits? Specifically, I'm looking for a Alpha Legion-ish helmet to stick on Abbadon or a Daemon Prince. Cheers!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Paddyo posted:

Hey, does anyone have a good source for 3rd party Alpha Legion bits? Specifically, I'm looking for a Alpha Legion-ish helmet to stick on Abbadon or a Daemon Prince. Cheers!

I've seen these guys round:

https://www.dakkadakka.store/scylla-legion-project

Maybe something suitable there!

stoopidmunkey
May 21, 2005

yep
Just got back into the hobby at the tail end of 9th after a 12 year hiatus. Played CSM back then but am a full LoV convert now. I just hosed yup though and signed up for a 1000pt tourney in a couple weeks and I’ve yet to play a game of 10th. Hoping battle reports on YouTube will help. Rock and stone, bitches!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

stoopidmunkey posted:

Just got back into the hobby at the tail end of 9th after a 12 year hiatus. Played CSM back then but am a full LoV convert now. I just hosed yup though and signed up for a 1000pt tourney in a couple weeks and I’ve yet to play a game of 10th. Hoping battle reports on YouTube will help. Rock and stone, bitches!

Hell yeah, wish I had time to blindly jump into a tournament with reckless abandon

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

BizarroAzrael posted:

As I plot out my first army, how bad will it be to take non-Deathwing in a Inner Circle detachment ? I gather I can have non-elite units "count" as Deathwing for the detachment rule and strats by having them led by named characters - like Azrael with Hellblasters, but there's stuff I'd like to field like Inceptors who absolutely can't have this so will only be able to use Oath. I know it's early days but is that going to be a big handicap?

Would have been nice if generic characters besides Terminators could have the Deathwing tag, or at least Captains and Chaplains. Maybe it would be too good to just add a lieutenant to every unit to make them Deathwing, but I doubt it really.

E:

I've been thinking of doing an army I can play as both Blood Angel or CSM, fallen Blood Angels big on the vampire aesthetic.

Inner Circle Task Force is technically not a legal detachment anyway until the codex releases proper and when that happens there will be a MFM with updated points for Dark Angels units. That being said, even the most hull spammy Ironstorm list still needs regular dudes to take up space and perform mission objectives.

Look at your options for those kinds of units (annoying to do cause SM have so many options) and you'll see that you can't max out on your detachment rule without taking a hit somewhere.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Eej posted:

Inner Circle Task Force is technically not a legal detachment anyway until the codex releases proper and when that happens there will be a MFM with updated points for Dark Angels units. That being said, even the most hull spammy Ironstorm list still needs regular dudes to take up space and perform mission objectives.

Look at your options for those kinds of units (annoying to do cause SM have so many options) and you'll see that you can't max out on your detachment rule without taking a hit somewhere.

Yeah, I actually thought the proper release and points update would have happened by now? It seems like there isn't even a date yet? Did think it was weird that updated the points for Deathwing Command ahead of their removal.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The Deathwing Assault box just shipped out last week so it'll be a bit before the proper codex release. You can't even get the Inner Circle Companions yet nevermind Belial and Deathwing Knights on their own. It's just a preview box for Enthusiasts and the Q1 2024 Dataslate had to take into account the current playing environment (pre codex DA).

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
A little bit of an annoying situation in my escalation league -- we are supposed to submit our list at the beginning of the phase, which is to be our list vs all opponents in that phase. Therefore you need to make a take all comers list, right? I message my list to the organizer and print out my list, stats for my opponent and rjn through a summary od what the units are/can do before the game.

Twice now, an opponent -- having seen my whole army and heard what everything can do, has said "oh i forgot to make a list" and then on the spot made their list thinking about what I have. I dont think forget on purpose but even so I think its just not cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

OctaMurk posted:

A little bit of an annoying situation in my escalation league -- we are supposed to submit our list at the beginning of the phase, which is to be our list vs all opponents in that phase. Therefore you need to make a take all comers list, right? I message my list to the organizer and print out my list, stats for my opponent and rjn through a summary od what the units are/can do before the game.

Twice now, an opponent -- having seen my whole army and heard what everything can do, has said "oh i forgot to make a list" and then on the spot made their list thinking about what I have. I dont think forget on purpose but even so I think its just not cool

That is some genuine bullshit, OP.