Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

What's the next brand stupid politicians will try to attach themselves for visibility?

Will it be Ronald McDonald after Disney, Twitter, NFL, and T.Swift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

What's the next brand stupid politicians will try to attach themselves for visibility?

Volkswagen, Hugo Boss, Bayer, Siemens, IG Farben

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I love where the RFK Jr tweet cuts off. Like, I’m sure there’s more there, but gently caress me if I’m going to go seek it out. Now in my head canon, it just ends with an exasperated “God…” like he wants everyone to get off his back.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol RFK is such a shitshow, u love to see it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

If RFK's ad actually got any boomers to vote for him it just means less votes for Trump anyways.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Grey Cat posted:

If RFK's ad actually got any boomers to vote for him it just means less votes for Trump anyways.

RFK’s campaign is a joke but I’m ultimately glad for it because it’ll just be a spoiler for Trump and, more importantly, it gives us loads of laughs.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Gross.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Trying to think of what I hate more, that junior thought it was funny, or that it got 126000 likes

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

RFK jr ad

https://twitter.com/RobertKennedyJr/status/1756852942379045085?s=20

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I don't watch TV much, what was his ad?

It emphasized the only thing he has going for him, which is that his name is Kennedy.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Holdup, you're telling me the affluenzaed cokefiend chinless progeny of our beloved bronzed avatar of evil American bigotry, is himself a piece of poo poo? :wotwot:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

So nice of Taylor to get her boyfriend a ticket to watch the superbowl and get smooches on tv right afterward. She's such a catch!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lmao.

Would be better if they'd put a trap beat under the Kennedy song

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Thats magnificently lovely and janky, the fact that went up on his twitter shows that he had every chance to stop it.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

TulliusCicero posted:

DON'T CUT ME OFF! PLEASE

Where's that Dril tweet where he's like "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'll remove it."

you beat me to it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Michelle Obama is significantly better looking than Kimberly Gargoyle.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
lol

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

I love you all. God...

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

The thing around Swift and the NFL is really funny because a lot of the guys who were posting those "New Thing" memes a few months back like Benny Johnson and Jack Posobic immediately started repeating the "Taylor Swift is a psyop!" lines that seem to have started with Jesse Watters. These are the same people who were loudly declaring that they don't watch sports or talk about pop culture because those are distractions from the important things in the world, yet seem to know the contents of every new movie and the political opinions of sports stars and TV actors.

I know that they say that contradiction comes about because Hollywood has an agenda and so they need to pay attention when there's a gay kiss in a movie, but it's so hilariously stupid that they repeatedly swing from "I'm a serious person who only cares about REAL issues" when nothing is upsetting them in the media that day and then Elon Musk tweets out something about Star Wars and suddenly Ben Shapiro knows everything about the franchise and rants about how Disney made it Woke for a solid week.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FlashFearless posted:

Is he wearing a bulletproof vest(s)?

Blubber is bulletproof if it’s thick enough, so: yes.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Jelly posted:

All that blubber is probably bullet resistant

gently caress

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TheBizzness posted:

Michelle Obama is significantly better looking than Kimberly Gargoyle.

and unlike Jr., someone loves Michelle

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

Blubber is bulletproof if it’s thick enough, so: yes.

Unlike our historical dramas, gladiators were not ripped and shredded, but rather had a healthy fat layer, which helped them survive slashing attacks and light stabbings.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Get a load of this boner-rear end guy! :lol:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This ad paid for by RFK Jr for President

"I'm RFK Jr and I don't approve this message! :byodood:"

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

The response to that ad at the Super Bowl watch I was at was confusion, followed by someone going "Wait, that's the crazy Kennedy".

So lol at sinking that much money into an ad with no narrative message to try to set a tone beyond "KENNEDY", when his rep is literally "the crazy Kennedy".

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

I don't understand what he's apologizing for?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Sorry, boomers, the Kansas City Swifts won. You’re all commiesexual now.
It’s the law.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
SuperPacs that support candidates aren't allowed to speak with candidates? What?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If you thought that Jesus add from the superbowl was funded by a hate group - You'd be right!

https://boingboing.net/2024/02/12/super-bowl-jesus-ad-funded-by-groups-fostering-hateful-christian-nationalism.html

quote:

Despite the "love your neighbor" message of the ads, the people and organizations funding the ads, according to Americans United for Separation of Church and State, have a record of fostering "hateful Christian Nationalism." The Super Bowl Jesus ad was part of a larger campaign that, up until this year, had been funded by the Servant Foundation, also known as the Signatry, which spent 20 million dollars on the 2023 Super Bowl ad. According to research conducted by Americans United for Separation of Church and State, as of last year, the Servant Foundation had planned to spend a billion dollars over the course of three years on the "He Gets Us" public relations campaign. Americans United explains:

They've hired a PR firm to address, in the firm's words, the problem of "How did the world's greatest love story in Jesus become known as a hate group?"

Of course, they're the cause of their own problem – not only has the Servant Foundation funded hate groups, but the PR firm, Haven, has represented these organizations. Key Shadow Network members Focus on the Family and Alliance Defending Freedom are in their portfolio. ADF is a noted anti-LGBTQ hate group that has argued repeatedly in courts that religion, and specifically Christianity, is a license to discriminate; they have one such case pending before the Supreme Court right now.

Rolling Stone also explains that the Servant Foundation:
has been a major funder of the Alliance Defending Freedom. ADF is a conservative Christian litigation shop that has led fights to ban abortion and allow businesses to discriminate against LGBTQ customers. This spring, ADF lawyers will be at the Supreme Court pushing to limit access to the abortion pill and to allow states to bar hospitals from performing emergency abortion care.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Neodymium posted:

The response to that ad at the Super Bowl watch I was at was confusion, followed by someone going "Wait, that's the crazy Kennedy".

So lol at sinking that much money into an ad with no narrative message to try to set a tone beyond "KENNEDY", when his rep is literally "the crazy Kennedy".

IMO I thought it was pretty effective, in that, the ONLY thing this guy has to offer is his name and historical connection. The ad was all that, in a well presented way. Bonus effect of confusing old people to vote for him who possibly didn't even know about him beforehand.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I don't understand what he's apologizing for?

Absolutely no one in the Kennedy family supports him, and they hate every time he references his uncle as if they're comparable in any way. He's definitely got some nasty texts/phone calls about it.

There's a curb episode where Larry tells Cheryl Hines that she's married to a looney tunes jackass or something like that I wish I could find it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Philthy posted:

SuperPacs that support candidates aren't allowed to speak with candidates? What?

Best electoral system in the world, baby

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

boner-rear end guy

This is my new name for dickbutt, now.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Catastrophe posted:

This is my new name for dickbutt, now.

Is dickbutt's wiener really erect? Or just flopping upward? :thunk:

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Neodymium posted:

Haha, my 70 something aunt said the exact same thing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Well bread and circuses, my friend.

I don’t understand why bread and circuses is considered so terrible, bread is delicious and circuses own I like to see all the crazy cirque de soleil type stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Politics and sport being tied to each other by chuds is the dumbest thing. Just go and enjoy some sport for a few hours and stop over thinking poo poo if your team loses. It's ok to be sad. It's not some conspiracy your team lost.