Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

ruddiger posted:

Heck yeah still hyped for these monkey shenanigans

Monkey king yelling made me chuckle. Still gonna watch it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

Also, they have a live action Moana in the works and I imagine that they are going to spend a little more energy on that

Yeah I'm oddly hyped for that. Just because Moana is their best modern animated film so I'll watch a remake.

I didn't know Moana 2 had even risen from the grave til yesterday

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Moana 2 feels like Aladdin 2: The Return of Jafar

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 12, 2024

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah idk what y'all are on about, I'm here for apocalypse monkey times. Looks pretty sick. Twisters also looks surprisingly good. I think I'm just responding positively to two blockbusters that look like they have zero interest in being a Marvel movie.

On the other hand, Deadpool was never my thing but watching that trailer it certainly seemed like something that got a billion studio notes. Wicked didn't do it for me, but I also never saw the musical so it seems like they're just catering to that crowd for this teaser.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not watching a apes movie directed by whoever wes ball is

The first rise of the planet of the apes was a fluke, and the other two were amazing because of Matt reeves.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Maze Runner dude. Also the guy making Zelda.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Rise of the Monkey Mans

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Lol kiimo y'all gave them a trailer with zero monkey imagery and just the title drop. I mean, I'm sure it's got people talking.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Return to Monke IV

Deadpool would have to work hard to suck. First two were hilarious and Jackedman has a good sense of humor about the whole deal, I don't expect Reynolds to disappoint me.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

Lol kiimo y'all gave them a trailer with zero monkey imagery and just the title drop. I mean, I'm sure it's got people talking.

The domestic team created in two days when an opportunity arose to place it in the Super Bowl

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

kiimo posted:

The domestic team created in two days when an opportunity arose to place it in the Super Bowl

Oh, I'm not knocking it! Bet someone signed off on that idea not expecting to actually have to pay for it (assuming you only pay if it airs, i don't know how it works)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Wonderful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJa1oSgs8Gw

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is very funny that even the trailer for the very famous musical is hiding that it is a musical.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

davidspackage posted:

Return to Monke IV

Deadpool would have to work hard to suck. First two were hilarious and Jackedman has a good sense of humor about the whole deal, I don't expect Reynolds to disappoint me.

He sold me on the movie with the pegging joke. Reynolds can't miss - his charm is impossible to escape from. He turns mediocre movies into good fun (recently for me it was the Hitmans Bodyguard or whatever - the sequel sucked tho).

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

It is very funny that even the trailer for the very famous musical is hiding that it is a musical.

Wicked the musical was a huge success! Why are they bothering to do an IP film if they are scared of one of its main characteristics???

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

distortion park posted:

Wicked the musical was a huge success! Why are they bothering to do an IP film if they are scared of one of its main characteristics???

Number could go up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Wicked trailer starts and ends with singing, I'm not sure they're hiding it. That, and why else would you have Ariana Grande in a lead role.

Although I do think it's odd they weren't more forceful about it because this isn't just any movie musical. Wicked specifically has a couple pretty famous songs I thought they would have leaned on for the ad.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah I mean Mean Girls... I can kinda see "ohh I don't think people are expecting a musical" but I mean Wicked is a very very famous musical. Odd that it wasn't highlighted a little more, but who knows maybe songs etc are mixed right just yet and you don't want to let out a bad impression of that.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Man I think I literally enjoyed all the trailers ha. Planet of the Apes still looks good. Twisters - wild how it looks exactly like the first (I mean I know the plot will be similar, but visually it definitely looks similar which is great). Wicked I'm sure will be enjoyable and Deadpool was always enjoyable to me (as a non comic book or comic book movie person).

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The fact that she's wearing jeans and a tank top is kinda distracting. Like, bridges and boats are rusted away but modern clothes has been passed down through the generations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Vintersorg posted:

He sold me on the movie with the pegging joke. Reynolds can't miss - his charm is impossible to escape from. He turns mediocre movies into good fun (recently for me it was the Hitmans Bodyguard or whatever - the sequel sucked tho).

The Hitman's Bodyguard is a movie that my wife and I started watching, quit 45 minutes in because it was so dreadfully boring, and then tried to watch it a year or two later completely forgetting that we once tried to watch it. We didn't make it through the second time either.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Ryan Reynolds is pretty good at missing. The only good movie he was in before Deadpool was Buried and the only good movie he has been since that is Deadpool 2.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Been posting about Twisters in other threads. I just thought I imagined the line about destroying a tornado, but nope, the movie is going to be about trying to blow up a tornado and I'm all for it, despite what NOAA says:

quote:

No one has tried to disrupt the tornado because the methods to do so could likely cause even more damage than the tornado. Detonating a nuclear bomb, for example, to disrupt a tornado would be even more deadly and destructive than the tornado itself.

That there is a hit. That's got BLOCKBUSTER written all over it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Been posting about Twisters in other threads. I just thought I imagined the line about destroying a tornado, but nope, the movie is going to be about trying to blow up a tornado and I'm all for it, despite what NOAA says:

I cannot describe how much my eyebrows shot up when I got to the words, "nuclear bomb". Like, they must get that question so often to have to release a statement like that.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Nuking a tornado is taking a page out of Trump's book.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Crows Turn Off posted:

Nuking a tornado is taking a page out of Trump's book.

Yeah, in hindsight, that's probably who they were getting the questions from. On a daily basis.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok, so now I definitely want Helen Hunt back but she's gone off the deep end and only wears crackpot merch like t-shirts that go:

quote:

2 Things I Wanna N U K E

'Nados
Pussies who won't nuke 'nados

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I want to watch the tornado wrangler trying to set off a themonuclear bomb while getting sucked off by a F5 tornado

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
“Nuke the tornados?”

“Eh, gotta nuke something.”

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

"That's the the one. That's the tornado that killed my mother."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I want to watch the tornado wrangler trying to set off a themonuclear bomb while getting sucked off by a F5 tornado

Getting sucked off by an F5 must be so refreshing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao CBS played the DM4 :30 TV spot on accident. Universal didn't pay for the Super Bowl and they ran it in place of a streamer's trailer on accident.

That streamer is NOT HAPPY.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

John wick of twisters

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

kiimo posted:

lmao CBS played the DM4 :30 TV spot on accident. Universal didn't pay for the Super Bowl and they ran it in place of a streamer's trailer on accident.

To be fair he will get more visibility this way and will get to make a bunch of "I got SCREWED by CBS" content.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Alhazred posted:

Ryan Reynolds is pretty good at missing. The only good movie he was in before Deadpool was Buried and the only good movie he has been since that is Deadpool 2.

I went through his IMDB page trying to see if I could disprove this, but... godamn that dude has been in a metric fuckton of lovely productions. It's honestly pretty impressive.

Although Detective Pikachu was pretty decent. Albeit a kid's movie that he only did voicework on.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

The Dave posted:

To be fair he will get more visibility this way and will get to make a bunch of "I got SCREWED by CBS" content.

By streamer he means Netflix or Amazon or something, not like a twitch streamer

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Waiting and Just Friends, while a product of their time, we're pretty entertaining.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought The Voices was considered a decent use of Reynolds.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Colonel Whitey posted:

By streamer he means Netflix or Amazon or something, not like a twitch streamer

Christ, thank God

I know I'll probably live to see a streamer have their own Superbowl ad, but it is not this day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

I'm assuming you can't say, but on the off chance you can, are you able to say what movie's trailer didn't get aired?

Alhazred posted:

The Proposal is a solid rom com that did well, and it plays perfectly to Reynold's strengths. But I agree, he misses way more than he hits. I love the Deadpool movies, but I think he must be one of the nicest guys in Hollywood for how many chances he's gotten. People in the industry must just love him. Green Lantern and RIPD could easily have killed anyone else's career. And he's squandered his Deadpool success with bullshit like Free Guy and Red Notice.

That being said, Deadpool is a character that is super easy to gently caress up (see random idiots on twitter or reddit, or that video game from 11 years ago that was way too try hard, and wouldn't stop talking about chimichangas, though it had moments), and Reynolds manages to thread that needle with him, so I'm happy for his success with the him.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 12, 2024