Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Since posting here I don't feel like I need entheogens anymore. And I mean this very literally as during my crisis I experienced things far more crazy than any trip I ever had. I also realized I simply don't have the time nor the opportunities anymore to trip, so (after asking friends if they were interested) I simply threw away all the psychedelics I had stored in my desk. Two dozens of tabs of LSD analogs, 1g of miprocin and metocin, and a bunch of salvia concentrate bags.

I also quit tobacco and weed entirely.

Maybe one day I'll get new opportunities to trip but right now I just want to be there for my kids and wife, and entheogens are not a part of that picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Since posting here I don't feel like I need entheogens anymore. And I mean this very literally as during my crisis I experienced things far more crazy than any trip I ever had. I also realized I simply don't have the time nor the opportunities anymore to trip, so (after asking friends if they were interested) I simply threw away all the psychedelics I had stored in my desk. Two dozens of tabs of LSD analogs, 1g of miprocin and metocin, and a bunch of salvia concentrate bags.

Maybe one day I'll get new opportunities to trip but right now I just want to be there for my kids and wife, and entheogens are not a part of that picture.

Dang I woulda taken at least some of that off your hands lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i think looking for meaning in super bowl ads is pretty lol. for a lot of people aliens are just the new werewolves are just the new vampires are just the new etc etc

of course advertising will reflect that. i feel like aliens popularity is very cyclical.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sometimes you get older! You are in a more responsible place, now, if this felt good then I'm glad you did it for yourself.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

That's some impressive work! And probably all those substances (yeah, entheogen is my favorite word for them too!) would agree if you did trip with them right now, and they'd end up just repeating something like "be there for your kids and wife". Right on, being there for each other is what it's all about.

I don't have a steady partner or kids, so I have the time, money, and space to be a lot freer with my explorations. I can always explore extra with my sight and tarot readings on behalf of those who can't or don't want to. Doing that has actually been a great way I've started reconnecting with my community in recent months.

Orbs has issued a correction as of 16:42 on Feb 12, 2024

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

My weekend trip making me physical ill, while somehow weaving the entire experience into a powerful life lesson about being honest with myself and confronting my feelings of spiritual emptiness / damaging habits, has put me in a similar mindset.

Not that I am planning to quit anything cold turkey at this point, but coming out of the state I had a fundamental feeling of being rebuked from "above" to stop pushing with psychedelics to try to recreate that initial contact with God.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Just on the first video so far (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1QCFtod6i8) but the DoDness of the charts is already so high that the presenter himself made a joke about it when this one came up, lol.

Orbs has issued a correction as of 17:58 on Feb 12, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nell's talk was probably a lot more impactful before the amendment got absolutely gutted... now it just seems like a lot of wishful thinking compared to some shared secret knowledge.

Kevin Knuth's talk on the other hand was absolutely fascinating by comparison, though I don't know dick about physics enough to say whether he's entirely talking out his rear end or not. Assuming all the academics he was presenting to though, it seems like it'd be a pretty bold move to go up and present easily falsified garbage though.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

your image host seems kinda hosed

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Hooplah posted:

your image host seems kinda hosed
I think the edit should work? Thank you for pointing that out.

I'm really loving Peter Skafish's talk about anthropomorphism and ontology too. In the second half he mentions specifically looking into animism as a possible perspective shift that might be helpful for investigating NHI phenomena.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gLz5QYjJZA

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Nell's talk was probably a lot more impactful before the amendment got absolutely gutted... now it just seems like a lot of wishful thinking compared to some shared secret knowledge.

Kevin Knuth's talk on the other hand was absolutely fascinating by comparison, though I don't know dick about physics enough to say whether he's entirely talking out his rear end or not. Assuming all the academics he was presenting to though, it seems like it'd be a pretty bold move to go up and present easily falsified garbage though.

Luckily UFO conferences are generally full of very reasonable people!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

mediaphage posted:

the good psychonauts just post here

I haven't tripped in a while and I think I need/want to pretty soon. Will report back from The Place

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Actually does this really need to become the drug thread? I know there isn't a ton of talk about, but I don't know how much poetry from the other side we need.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wanna learn more techniques for stealing radio towers

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I enjoyed the poem about the guy blowing out of both ends

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

antidote posted:

Actually does this really need to become the drug thread? I know there isn't a ton of talk about, but I don't know how much poetry from the other side we need.

I don't think there's a lot of "become" about it, it's been a topic for as long as I can remember.

People regularly post their dreams, they post their tarot readings, they talk about their own experiences (drug or otherwise), and occasionally we talk about UFOs, even though there's very little new to say about that whole scene anymore

Obviously it'd be better if this didn't just become erowid: the thread, but I don't think we're in any imminent danger of that.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Inspector Hound posted:

I haven't tripped in a while and I think I need/want to pretty soon. Will report back from The Place

keep meaning to visit the new shrooms store downtown

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I enjoyed the poem about the guy blowing out of both ends

if blowing out both ends makes me a poet then call me Bill Shakespeare

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I would love nothing more than to not talk about the superbowl cause I hate sports. But apparently there were a lot of alien commercials, but since I don't watch commercials for fun (or at all) I don't plan on seeing them.

I saw on r/UFOs or some poo poo about this being a part of disclosure which if true is pathetic. If this is the attempt by those in the know to try to ease the populace into NHI existence then doing it via advertisements is both dystopic and insulting to the general intelligence of the populace.

The Demilich has issued a correction as of 00:35 on Feb 13, 2024

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's mummy pictures time*

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1aof6v8

*It's always mummy time

love these guys

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

I wanna learn more techniques for stealing radio towers

hell, if they only weigh 1200 pounds you could probably take one with a helicopter but it would be pretty dangerous. they'd have to hover above it while the guywires were cut and the base was disconnected, which probably means you'd need a guy to climb it and hook the cable to the top of the tower from the helicopter. then you'd have a helicopter hauling maybe one of the most unwieldy loads possible. but that is one way they're constructed so it could probably work. maybe you could do a few trips to be safer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I should take some shrooms soon

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Speaking of those advertisements. I have so much anger today about what happened in Rafah last night, clearly specifically timed so that news reports about the bombings and murders would be concealed from Americans beneath breathless headlines about the Superbowl and celebrities. I usually work this anger into some kind of action or sense of purpose but today it is nearly paralytic and the sense of it just churning away uselessly inside of me is just making me angrier.

Perhaps I cannot connect to my Deity partner today to turn this anger into usable energy because They are already putting Their full attention on protecting and comforting the people who are having atrocities committed upon them. If that is the case that is great, that is ideal. But I am still desperate to try to do more in whatever ways I can so I am now asking those in here who practice any sort of mystic practice at all to turn their attention to Palestine today. Pray that other countries' civilians keep seeing what is happening to the people there and keep caring. Pray that everything they are suffering will become the bedrock for change and the development of a future that they deserve. Ask that they know they are not alone, that they will never be alone again. Demand justice.

When you visit the ontologic places, bring pieces back with you. The leaves, the stones, the stars. Build magic here. We are desperate for assistance. The Gods beg for purpose. Give it to Them.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Zoobtro posted:

love these guys

that alien dump truck

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The Demilich posted:

I would love nothing more than to not talk about the superbowl cause I hate sports. But apparently there were a lot of alien commercials, but since I don't watch commercials for fun (or at all) I don't plan on seeing them.

I saw on r/UFOs or some poo poo about this being a part of disclosure which of true is pathetic. If this is the attempt by those in the know to try to ease the populace into NHI existence then doing it via advertisements is both dystopic and insulting to the general intelligence of the populace.

It's 100% on the ball for both the leadership and the general population. Most people in the burger countries really do perceive the world through brands and franchises and poo poo, it makes perfect sense.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Demilich posted:

I saw on r/UFOs or some poo poo about this being a part of disclosure which of true is pathetic. If this is the attempt by those in the know to try to ease the populace into NHI existence then doing it via advertisements is both dystopic and insulting to the general intelligence of the populace.

I don't think it's a disclosure attempt, I think it just speaks to that the population is more interested in the topic than before.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a lizard man

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hatebag posted:

hell, if they only weigh 1200 pounds you could probably take one with a helicopter but it would be pretty dangerous. they'd have to hover above it while the guywires were cut and the base was disconnected, which probably means you'd need a guy to climb it and hook the cable to the top of the tower from the helicopter. then you'd have a helicopter hauling maybe one of the most unwieldy loads possible. but that is one way they're constructed so it could probably work. maybe you could do a few trips to be safer

yeah I was just thinking one guy with a concrete saw could cut the guy wires, then hack at the base until it all comes down. After sectioning the tower it all gets loaded into the pickup truck and driven down to the local scrapper

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

yeah I was just thinking one guy with a concrete saw could cut the guy wires, then hack at the base until it all comes down. After sectioning the tower it all gets loaded into the pickup truck and driven down to the local scrapper

trouble with that is that transmission towers are usually at a high elevation to improve signal quality, and frequently in wooded areas. so if you knock down a whole tower you could potentially get it extremely stuck in a bunch of trees and probably damage/bend it in the process

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Speaking of those advertisements. I have so much anger today about what happened in Rafah last night, clearly specifically timed so that news reports about the bombings and murders would be concealed from Americans beneath breathless headlines about the Superbowl and celebrities. I usually work this anger into some kind of action or sense of purpose but today it is nearly paralytic and the sense of it just churning away uselessly inside of me is just making me angrier.

Perhaps I cannot connect to my Deity partner today to turn this anger into usable energy because They are already putting Their full attention on protecting and comforting the people who are having atrocities committed upon them. If that is the case that is great, that is ideal. But I am still desperate to try to do more in whatever ways I can so I am now asking those in here who practice any sort of mystic practice at all to turn their attention to Palestine today. Pray that other countries' civilians keep seeing what is happening to the people there and keep caring. Pray that everything they are suffering will become the bedrock for change and the development of a future that they deserve. Ask that they know they are not alone, that they will never be alone again. Demand justice.

When you visit the ontologic places, bring pieces back with you. The leaves, the stones, the stars. Build magic here. We are desperate for assistance. The Gods beg for purpose. Give it to Them.
I'm glad you brought this up because my deities (some of whom are stars or similar) actually had a lot to say about this when I did a reading on Sunday. I hadn't done a divination rite since the Death tarot card one in this thread. This time I incorporated even more steps into the ritual, including more handwashing and not eating meat beforehand, and there was a commensurate increase in power as I breathed the incense and rolled the dice. The first card I rolled to draw was actually Death again. But as I sat with that, I categorically rejected going down the same old paths as last time. I demanded a reroll from the cosmos, and my higher powers granted me one. This time I got 18- The Moon, which often signifies confusion, being lost in the night. But I took the reroll situation to mean I should read this draw differently than normal, maybe reversed. And some of the reversed meanings of The Moon I found stuck out to me.

"In the dark of night, you are taking a path you are unsure of, for there could be danger lurking in its depths. The moon's light can bring you clarity and understanding, and you should allow your intuition to guide you through the darkness."

"The forces that are bringing you confusion are starting to dissipate. You have started managing your fears and anxiety. Whatever negative energies you have been facing are slowly fading away. It presents a liberating experience as you discover the positive side of things."

My Zen book roll was a 6, leading me to page 186, an author's note about the experience of enlightenment in the Zen tradition:

The Little Zen Companion by David Schiller posted:

Awakening—or satori, or kensho—is the fundamental aim of Zen. It is seeing into your nature, realizing your own Buddhahood, freeing yourself from the cycle of birth and death. It is "to die completely and then come back to life." According to the koan text Denkoroku, "Even if you sit until your seat breaks through... even if you are a person of lofty deeds and pure behavior, if you haven't reached satori you can't get out of the prison of the world."

Zen writing is filled with examples of unexpected things that trigger enlightenment—Buddha seeing the morning star, Bankei coughing up a blood clot, Hsiang-yen hearing a pebble strike a bamboo tree. But one of the best descriptions of the actual experience comes from the Master Sokei-an Sasaki:

"One day I wiped out all notions from my mind. I gave up all desire. I discarded all the words with which I thought and stayed in quietude. I felt a little queer—as if I were being carried into something, or as if I were touching some power unknown to me... and Ztt! I entered. I lost the boundary of my physical body. I had my skin, of course, but I felt I was standing in the center of the cosmos. I spoke, but my words had lost their meaning. I saw people coming toward me, but all were the same man. All were myself! I had never known this world. I had believed that I was created, but now I must change my opinion: I was never created; I was the cosmos; no individual Mr. Sasaki existed."

To die completely and then come back to life. A new phase of the moon. Liberation. There is a version of a vow of the bodhisattvas that I've seen translated like this:

quote:

The unrescued I will rescue
The unliberated I will liberate
The uncomforted I will comfort
Those who have not yet reached paranirvana, I will cause to attain paranirvana
Liberation is coming I feel, for us and for them. I hope this gift from the realms beyond helps.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Thank you, Sibling.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hatebag posted:

trouble with that is that transmission towers are usually at a high elevation to improve signal quality, and frequently in wooded areas. so if you knock down a whole tower you could potentially get it extremely stuck in a bunch of trees and probably damage/bend it in the process

if you're scrapping that would work in your advantage when the scrapper asks nosey questions. Tower fell down, they're gonna build a new one, let me scrap out the old one.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

coconono posted:

if you're scrapping that would work in your advantage when the scrapper asks nosey questions. Tower fell down, they're gonna build a new one, let me scrap out the old one.

The guy said in an interview that they cut the guy wires and let it fall. Presumably there's some damage to the surrounding foliage that backs that up.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
more like poo poo outta luck foundation

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a lizard man

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

I should take some shrooms soon

more and more people are saying this

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

i suppose so. plus it's more plausible they just had a couple saws and a truck compared to a big crane or a helicopter

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

mediaphage posted:

i think looking for meaning in super bowl ads is pretty lol. for a lot of people aliens are just the new werewolves are just the new vampires are just the new etc etc

of course advertising will reflect that. i feel like aliens popularity is very cyclical.

If we get twilight with aliens I am very much here for it

antidote posted:

It's cyclical, once something interesting happens it'll go back to birds. I can't relate to any of the trip reports personally so I kind of skim.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

psychedelics are cool, i am pro-psychedelic.

but also the pursuit of altered states that don't require drugs to achieve has been more fruitful, more rewarding, and like "i saw a weird thing and briefly grasped some truth, on drugs, " is of limited value and probably sends a lot of excited people off half cocked into mentally destabilizing territory.

I have never felt better than simply meditating, sober, and seeking the unity one may find in that space. I've done a lot of drugs, most of them very euphoric. They're a window at the end of a hallway with no doors. It's a pretty view, you might realize some stuff, but it's still a dead loving end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hatebag posted:

i suppose so. plus it's more plausible they just had a couple saws and a truck compared to a big crane or a helicopter

if you don’t hear from me again, the plan was a failure.