Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Yinlock posted:

This is just me spitballing but I think the mirror shows "possibilities" rather than a real multiverse(hence the more refractions the more unlikely the possibilities get). I think it's less about destroying a multiverse as a whole and more destroying "possibilities" she doesn't want which would give their group absolute power in a convoluted weird way. It fits the general Limbus villain theming of people being willing to sacrifice anything in the name of some distant ideal where it will all have been Worth It.
I can't believe you think Garnet taking on the role of Roland is unlikely. Look at his face. This boy could go on a blood soaked grief rampage if he wanted to, it's not his fault he was 20 and not 35.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

the level 40 ut4 pequod heath off my support list (after using up his first stagger bar) would take like maybe 20% max hp loss from a given assist phase, given the placement of pequod trio i think he's a pretty good choice since using any additional resources (and/or losing access to heath for the next phase) isn't that big a deal

kongler is nice and all but losing out on dieci I think may genuinely be a big enough downside to make pequod heath better even without the bonus of him being able to deal damage on off turns

eh dieci hong lu isn't exactly in demand for that block of rr3, with 1 action he needs discard IDs tagging along to keep his insight from completely tanking on bad turns and Rodion aside that group doesn't add much to the pequod pals

but yeah peq heath is a fine choice, he just needs some setup first because he's built for slugfests rather than straight burst damage

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

This is just me spitballing but I think the mirror shows "possibilities" rather than a real multiverse(hence the more refractions the more unlikely the possibilities get). I think it's less about destroying a multiverse as a whole and more destroying "possibilities" she doesn't want which would give their group absolute power in a convoluted weird way. It fits the general Limbus villain theming of people being willing to sacrifice anything in the name of some distant ideal where it will all have been Worth It.
The actual thing though is that the window and the mirror are different but related things, and I think the window does show possibilities more than absolutes, and the mirror focuses in more. The fact that different timelines are something Iori uses to pull information from and travels between makes me think the multiverse is in fact a thing going on here, and of the two technologies, I think the mirror is more likely to actually solidly be interacting with them rather than showing them as a diffuse web of possibility and potential like window-based technologies seen in Leviathan seemed to, such that Yi Sang could be having a back and forth conversation with Sang Yi, and Sang Yi probably was not just a 'reflection' of Yi Sang because Sang Yi could leave and stop contacting Yi Sang. Probably.

There's also the catch that Aseah was absolutely altering and tinkering with the window in ways Young-ji didn't at the time of the conferences. He makes a comment when everything is going to hell in Leviathan that he's managing to make something more interesting than Yi Sang did without Yi Sang's help, which really implies a fun toxic dynamic going on there that I'm sure Yi Sang had no idea was happening. It basically read to me like Aseah was jealous of how much attention and praise Yi Sang got for the mirror, so even though he had been kidnapped by the Ring and forced to work on a demented refraction art project, he was also 100% taking advantage of it to tinker with and try to refine the window to make his own take on it.

There's... a lot of stuff going on and I think we've only sort of scratched the surface with it with Canto IV, but the spot I'm at is that the multiverse definitely exists because Iori is gaming it, but until we learn more it's hard to say if Mephistopheles is pulling on abstract potential and possibilities or connecting with concrete alternate realities. If it's the second, it might explain why Demian was so much like 'this is gross and weird and you've gotta stop', because his whole jumpscare made me question if using Mephistopheles was somehow damaging timelines IDs were pulled from, like there was some feedback leaking back to those Rodyas and Sinclairs and Yi Sangs.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Unrelated but it's fun to go back to the prologue and see Lion, Wolf, and Panther talking about the fact that what Iori is planning doesn't technically violate a taboo because nobody has thought to ban it before. Given the in-universe speculation that body and mind revival of the dead is taboo given that people have both reanimated bodies and revived minds, so surely someone could do both but they haven't that any of the Sinners knows, it makes me wonder if that's why Iori's plans have had to be so elaborate. Like, if she just had to figure out the technology to, idk, clone her son an adult body and insert his mind in there, I think she could have done it by now. Not like it'd be easy, but nothing she's been doing is easy, and if it's information stealing you want, her skillset seems fairly suited for it.

So she can't bring him back like that, but she can... what? Try to alter reality on a fundamental level so that he never died, maybe?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

t3isukone posted:

Well, I was stuck on Ardor Blossom Moth, so I decided to switch up my team, and now I'm stuck on Skin Prophet. This is proooobably because I'm working with a level 30-ish team and one Level 40 Regret Faust who is extremely reliable.

So yeah, I'll go grind. That miiight be the better tactic for now.

do you have ebony stem outis or fluid sac faust? both of them can guaranteed oneshot all candles

Yinlock posted:

eh dieci hong lu isn't exactly in demand for that block of rr3, with 1 action he needs discard IDs tagging along to keep his insight from completely tanking on bad turns and Rodion aside that group doesn't add much to the pequod pals

but yeah peq heath is a fine choice, he just needs some setup first because he's built for slugfests rather than straight burst damage

It's not that hard to keep dieci hongler at permanent 3 insight, he can't discard defense skills so just queue up an evade on the bottom. it does mean essentially never getting to use his s3, but it also means he gets to keep doing nutso damage every single turn.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah, the big thing to me is that if the multiverse isn't real then the decently-foreshadowed Faust Network Theory wouldn't be real, either.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
In RR3 I took 17 turns on Pequod town. Still under par and have about 29 turns to kill the last two bosses

How many turns did it take everyone to beat Gas harpoon and the last boss?

Also what teams? Deci Hong Lu is good, but gets murdered in the last stage due to his resistances. Do people use him and just dodge on the last phase?

DropTheAnvil fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 12, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Junpei posted:

Yeah, the big thing to me is that if the multiverse isn't real then the decently-foreshadowed Faust Network Theory wouldn't be real, either.
I feel like trying to define what is and isn't real in this situation might also be a fool's errand. Welcome to the world of wonders. Dumps a bucket of water on your head.

DropTheAnvil posted:

In RR3 I took 17 turns on Pequod town. Still under par and have about 29 turns to kill the last two bosses

How many turns did it take everyone to beat Gas harpoon and the last boss?
Took me 13 for each of them and while I did prepare and play them carefully I wasn't trying to speedrun, either. I think you'll be fine.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 12, 2024

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

The actual thing though is that the window and the mirror are different but related things, and I think the window does show possibilities more than absolutes, and the mirror focuses in more. The fact that different timelines are something Iori uses to pull information from and travels between makes me think the multiverse is in fact a thing going on here, and of the two technologies, I think the mirror is more likely to actually solidly be interacting with them rather than showing them as a diffuse web of possibility and potential like window-based technologies seen in Leviathan seemed to, such that Yi Sang could be having a back and forth conversation with Sang Yi, and Sang Yi probably was not just a 'reflection' of Yi Sang because Sang Yi could leave and stop contacting Yi Sang. Probably.

There's also the catch that Aseah was absolutely altering and tinkering with the window in ways Young-ji didn't at the time of the conferences. He makes a comment when everything is going to hell in Leviathan that he's managing to make something more interesting than Yi Sang did without Yi Sang's help, which really implies a fun toxic dynamic going on there that I'm sure Yi Sang had no idea was happening. It basically read to me like Aseah was jealous of how much attention and praise Yi Sang got for the mirror, so even though he had been kidnapped by the Ring and forced to work on a demented refraction art project, he was also 100% taking advantage of it to tinker with and try to refine the window to make his own take on it.

There's... a lot of stuff going on and I think we've only sort of scratched the surface with it with Canto IV, but the spot I'm at is that the multiverse definitely exists because Iori is gaming it, but until we learn more it's hard to say if Mephistopheles is pulling on abstract potential and possibilities or connecting with concrete alternate realities. If it's the second, it might explain why Demian was so much like 'this is gross and weird and you've gotta stop', because his whole jumpscare made me question if using Mephistopheles was somehow damaging timelines IDs were pulled from, like there was some feedback leaking back to those Rodyas and Sinclairs and Yi Sangs.

I think the mirror can(but doesn't have to) "reflect" those possibilities back onto you hence it's name and IDs and such, I think it's still firmly in possibility mode. Yi Sang was able to have a conversation via his but it was also in development still so

But yeah we don't have enough info.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 12, 2024

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

I think the mirror can(but doesn't have to) "reflect" those possibilities back onto you hence it's name and IDs and such, I think it's still firmly in possibility mode. Yi Sang was able to have a conversation via his but it was also in development still so

But yeah we don't have enough info.
To be fair Yi Sang is also the inventor of the mirror technology and if anyone is going to be able to make it do things it can't normally do, it's going to be him, especially in an extremely well funded N Corp lab. Add in the potential of Sang Yi in another timeline also trying to see if he can have a conversation via the mirror, and, well.

My basic assumptions from the names window and mirror and the functions of each we've seen so far in Leviathan and Limbus Company is that the window can probably stack multiple possibilities on someone easier than the mirror can. That might be completely off, though. After all, light can travel relatively unhindered through multiple panes of glass, but a beam of light can also be reflected off multiple mirrors before it reaches a destination. It's really just that we've only seen someone deliberately overloading people with multiple versions of themselves using the window, whereas Dante is able to keep the IDs more discrete for the Sinners. Sure, it's noted that there's some personality overflow, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as overwhelming as what was going on in Leviathan. But that's probably because Faust was actually trying to make a usable device that wasn't going to kill everyone connected to it.

EDIT: I do think that even if the IDs end up coming from concrete separate timelines, what the mirror is ultimately doing is just reflecting that ID onto the Sinner. Whatever Faust is doing probably involves linking up expertise and brainpower across timelines, but as for everyone else... I don't think they'd be ending up getting memories back from the Limbus Company timeline, I think Mephistopheles is probably just taking a snapshot of them that can be projected onto the Sinner in question. This is all vibes based though.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 12, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I don't think every single ID replaces an existing person one-to-one, though some obviously do like the Pequod trio, or Tree Sang being Dongbaek, or Mariachi Sinclair being Aida.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

do you have ebony stem outis or fluid sac faust? both of them can guaranteed oneshot all candles

It's not that hard to keep dieci hongler at permanent 3 insight, he can't discard defense skills so just queue up an evade on the bottom. it does mean essentially never getting to use his s3, but it also means he gets to keep doing nutso damage every single turn.

another discard id gives you more consistency for getting to 2-3 insight in the first place though. slash isn't really in demand in the pequod fights either though his optimal damage is probably crazy enough to push through that somewhat.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1756958822508462514

Don.

I'll note that while it's got support for Middle Don, it really feels like something designed for a proper Poise/Bleed ID. Is this hinting that we're getting Bamboo Hatted Don?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I feel like any world where BHK exists is a world where Ryoshu gets it, solely so that I can finally have 7 of each sinner to avoid any crossover in my MD teams for optimal starlight gains. :colbert:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Don.

I'll note that while it's got support for Middle Don, it really feels like something designed for a proper Poise/Bleed ID. Is this hinting that we're getting Bamboo Hatted Don?

That sure is an EGO that exists I guess

Gonna depend entirely on how substantial that Bleed Count is, otherwise it's just bad

e: also to answer your question I dunno there's nothing PM loves more than giving EGOs to sinners who can't properly utilize them. See Ryoshu's 2 burn EGOs. And Ishmael before Liu came out. Yi Sang and Hong Lu couldn't use charge either.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 12, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I always thought Meursault was in line for a proper Poise ID for once. Even if he isn't the headliner of the event I want him to get a Blade Lineage ID.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Yinlock posted:

That sure is an EGO that exists I guess

Gonna depend entirely on how substantial that Bleed Count is, otherwise it's just bad
Three Tremor bursts in one hit isn't something to sneeze at, though. If Don ever gets a Poise/Tremor ID this'll be very good. Hell, even just a regular Poise ID would let her fit very effectively into a Tremor team.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Three Tremor bursts in one hit isn't something to sneeze at, though. If Don ever gets a Poise/Tremor ID this'll be very good. Hell, even just a regular Poise ID would let her fit very effectively into a Tremor team.

[Tails hit] and [On crit] though so realistically you're getting 1, maybe 2 bursts tops. The conditional ones not lowering Count is nice but again, no consistency at all so they're just a bonus rather than something you can count on.

e: also there's no bonus damage effect or anything so you're not really getting much out of those either. Everything can be forgiven if that Bleed Count is substantial but if that isn't the case this seems fairly bad. I guess it's not like Don is swimming in TETH options though

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 12, 2024

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
Lobcorp Q: Is all mission progress paused during sephirah meltdowns? If they are, then that's kind of a pain but I guess I dont want to induce breach on purpose during Hod's meltdown. For Malkuth it got easier once I started taking notes but I'm not sure how you're supposed to beat Hod's.

hostess with the Moltres fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 12, 2024

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Depends on the mission. Anything that tracks 'during the day' like breaches or murdering ordeals or the like don't seem to work, but things like Chesed's timers or Hokma's "Just have x units with y stat" missions seem to work just fine.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, I feel like I'm doing something wrong with Spiral of Contempt. I let someone be Grasped T1 so I can burst them T2 (while trying to eat as little damage as I can) so the checks pop up and I can make Spiral weak to Pierce and Pride, since I'm trying to run a Poise team with HarpooHeath, Ahabmael, Cinqclair, CinqOutis and StarSang ft. Ryoshu cause Pride skill but after doing that it just... becomes a slugfest for several turns. Bleed doesn't really work cause you need 10 potency for the sin fragilities and it gets removed on every clash, Poise doesn't charge fast enough, Charge is bad... If I want to go low turn I'm going to have to level my Burn/Rupture affinities, am I?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

tbh I just ignored the gimmick of that fight and killed him the slow way. What you're supposed to do is let a sinner get contempted, then grabbed, then that triggers skill checks to permanently lower a damage and sin resistance but that's effort and he can still just wipe you the gently caress out.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

PlasticAutomaton posted:

tbh I just ignored the gimmick of that fight and killed him the slow way. What you're supposed to do is let a sinner get contempted, then grabbed, then that triggers skill checks to permanently lower a damage and sin resistance but that's effort and he can still just wipe you the gently caress out.

I mean, I tried that. And the battle was still taking forever cause you want to stack status to lower his resistances, but both Bleed and Poise seem impossible to properly stack to the potencies needed to trigger the effect. Maybe I'm just terrible at teambuilding.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

I feel like any world where BHK exists is a world where Ryoshu gets it, solely so that I can finally have 7 of each sinner to avoid any crossover in my MD teams for optimal starlight gains. :colbert:

Ryoshu is currently the only sinner with only 2 00 as opposed to 3 of them, on top of being the only sinner with only 6 IDs.

I'll genuinely be surprised if we don't see 00 ryoshu before end of season, and there's really only one place she'd fit.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I mean, I tried that. And the battle was still taking forever cause you want to stack status to lower his resistances, but both Bleed and Poise seem impossible to properly stack to the potencies needed to trigger the effect. Maybe I'm just terrible at teambuilding.

I basically just punched it a whole lot, personally, though I did at least try and build for sinking

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Poise relies on normal damage still so it's not gonna work

anyway I Dark Flamed it to death

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 13, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DuoRogue posted:

Ryoshu is currently the only sinner with only 2 00 as opposed to 3 of them, on top of being the only sinner with only 6 IDs.

I'll genuinely be surprised if we don't see 00 ryoshu before end of season, and there's really only one place she'd fit.

I basically just punched it a whole lot, personally, though I did at least try and build for sinking

What sinking did you use? Cause usually I go with 5 to give 10Lu another skill slot but that doesn't work here and I don't think I'm bringing Mariachi or Sunshower or G Corp to this.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I just beat Spiral earlier today, using MB Outis, Liu Hong Lu, Ishmael's two burn EGO, N Sinclair, and three other IDs with wrath S3s but no burn. I didn't have any other Liu IDs at 40, but I still ended up stacking burn past 50.

I ended up getting 98 turns total and clutching it out because I went in with low resources, not even bothering to get grasped because it seemed like too big a risk. But I got 98 turns total so it's fine.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I beat spiral, with 102 turns. Didn't see a chance to retry fight and have to do the whole RR thing again.

I like limbus, but the RR isn't my style. Reminds me too much of Warhammer, where you spend all your time building a list , and the fight is decided before you even roll dice.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DropTheAnvil posted:

I beat spiral, with 102 turns. Didn't see a chance to retry fight and have to do the whole RR thing again.

I like limbus, but the RR isn't my style. Reminds me too much of Warhammer, where you spend all your time building a list , and the fight is decided before you even roll dice.

To retry a fight on the railway (while you're still in it), just click on a previous node of the clock. The hand will jump back there and you can take the fight on again.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

What sinking did you use? Cause usually I go with 5 to give 10Lu another skill slot but that doesn't work here and I don't think I'm bringing Mariachi or Sunshower or G Corp to this.

spicebush, molar ish, dieci rodion and hongler, last two slots being cinqlair and twinhook gregor

hostess with the Moltres
May 15, 2013
I've got Little Red Riding Mercenary and Mountain of Smiling Bodies so I'm thinking that I might not be able to do Gebura's first mission before I reset so I can do Hod's without worrying about so many strong abnos while my agents are debuffed to hell. At the very least I got a lot of nice equipment to make the march back up to day 21 easy. Are there any recommended weak abnos for doing missions and the like?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DuoRogue posted:

spicebush, molar ish, dieci rodion and hongler, last two slots being cinqlair and twinhook gregor

there's also 2 non-vanishing abno parts so you can have the sinking enjoyers stack it on one part and the rest handle the other one if you want to play it safe

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I've got Little Red Riding Mercenary and Mountain of Smiling Bodies so I'm thinking that I might not be able to do Gebura's first mission before I reset so I can do Hod's without worrying about so many strong abnos while my agents are debuffed to hell. At the very least I got a lot of nice equipment to make the march back up to day 21 easy. Are there any recommended weak abnos for doing missions and the like?

it's the opposite of weak but forming apocalypse bird lets you finish gebura's final mission and get some obscenely op gear at the same time. you do have to beat the bird though which is easier said than done

scarecrow is pretty good if you need something to beat up a lot, it breaches at the drop of a hat, is very easily handled with lategame gear and gives you a shitload of insight

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DropTheAnvil posted:

rr fights are more ruina style where they need to be handled in a specific way or the bosses do horrible things to you, team building plays a part in it but it's definitely not all decided pre-game at all

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

man i am not making any progress. i'm trying to do the "get Contempt on a sinner, let them be Grasped, break the grasp and then Nuke next turn" but either I fail the rolls to hit the arms or my sinner wins the Grasp clash or I fail to break the hand add and agh. it's feeling real annoying, i just want a sub 10 turns on this. but apparently I have to grind out all my rupture units if i want to ignore RNG

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

man i am not making any progress. i'm trying to do the "get Contempt on a sinner, let them be Grasped, break the grasp and then Nuke next turn" but either I fail the rolls to hit the arms or my sinner wins the Grasp clash or I fail to break the hand add and agh. it's feeling real annoying, i just want a sub 10 turns on this. but apparently I have to grind out all my rupture units if i want to ignore RNG
Why are you clashing with the Grasp with an attack instead of a block or counter?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GilliamYaeger posted:

Why are you clashing with the Grasp with an attack instead of a block or counter?

...well, I can't use Rodion as bait cause I wanna Rime Shank that turn and everyone else is Evade. I guess I'm just dumb and I should use EGO the turn before to tank my SP.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

...well, I can't use Rodion as bait cause I wanna Rime Shank that turn and everyone else is Evade. I guess I'm just dumb and I should use EGO the turn before to tank my SP.
Could also just not clash at all, I guess.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

Could also just not clash at all, I guess.

its not like grasp does a lot of damage. It was targeting my spicebush so i just let it happen and it worked out

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The idea is that if SoC grasps someone with the Contempt debuff but you free them, it gives it 3 Fragile but it's probably too much effort when I could just just... leveling up Rupture IDs and shred it. We have a lotta time to finish the RR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posadas
Jan 28, 2021
I beat it with sinking, using Deici Rodion, Spicebush, Reindeer, Rabbit, Rhino, and LCR Faust. Only started out with 3 envy due to too many unnecessary bodysacks in the previous fight, so I went with an envy-heavy team to refuel for corroded Rime Shanks. I focused the sinking stack on the hands, only clashing the hands with positive sinking skills, and evading anything I could. I used Ya Sunyata Tad Rupam as an envy-less SP heal. I managed to avoid being grasped
It took a few turns and a few restarts, but the hands managed to stagger, and a few turns after that, there was enough of a stack to end the fight with Spicebush S3.

Honestly I kinda ignored the mechanics and didn't pay attention to what gaze did.