Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Its the same poo poo obama did. They get to pretend they care and are doing everything they can so libs get to pat themself on the back and say they're trying their best but are constrained by realpolitik or whatever.

yeah if obama was really concerned about getting jfk’d as his reason for being a lovely neoliberal then the only responsible thing would have been to bring it on himself while being open about what was going to happen the whole time. instead he played it like a spineless self-serving worm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Its the same poo poo obama did. They get to pretend they care and are doing everything they can so libs get to pat themself on the back and say they're trying their best but are constrained by realpolitik or whatever.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Yeah that Biden leak is like the "White House stuffer is very dishearten that DEM is not doing enough for Palestinians" leak. It's extremely cowardly weak poo poo.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Flournival Dixon posted:

Material political action in the west is entirely forgotten by most of the population, it's been replaced by tweeting in support of something or nebulous ideas of voting against things that everyone on the ballot supports. The idea of organizing a general strike never gains traction because nobody in the west really believes that they have power at all, or that anything could be gained by trying. We all have so much comfort and treats and wealth to lose, and nobody believes that anything is to be gained from resisting. It's not hard to understand why they think that way after the squandered failures of Occupy and George Floyd, they watched a bunch of disorganized anarchist children utterly waste two significant movements and accomplish nothing other than a massive increase in police budgets nationwide.

No matter how disgusted and sad and angry all the people on twitter are, they're still just a bunch of unorganized and uneducated westerners. There's a reason they killed all the black revolutionary marxists in the 60s. Ansarallah is doing more than every other country in the world to prevent the genocide, as the leaders of a tiny country that's been bombed and starved for decades.

Yeah, that pretty perfectly summarizes my thoughts as well.

Funny how it's Black History Month and we haven't learned poo poo from any of those leaders, sixty years on.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MilitaryEye/status/1757032781912105083

Indonesia gonna do a reverse Jakarta Method

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Flournival Dixon posted:

Material political action in the west is entirely forgotten by most of the population, it's been replaced by tweeting in support of something or nebulous ideas of voting against things that everyone on the ballot supports. The idea of organizing a general strike never gains traction because nobody in the west really believes that they have power at all, or that anything could be gained by trying. We all have so much comfort and treats and wealth to lose, and nobody believes that anything is to be gained from resisting. It's not hard to understand why they think that way after the squandered failures of Occupy and George Floyd, they watched a bunch of disorganized anarchist children utterly waste two significant movements and accomplish nothing other than a massive increase in police budgets nationwide.

No matter how disgusted and sad and angry all the people on twitter are, they're still just a bunch of unorganized and uneducated westerners. There's a reason they killed all the black revolutionary marxists in the 60s. Ansarallah is doing more than every other country in the world to prevent the genocide, as the leaders of a tiny country that's been bombed and starved for decades.

What if we all change our profile pictures though? Have you thought about the awareness that would create?

PhilippAchtel posted:

Yeah, that pretty perfectly summarizes my thoughts as well.

Funny how it's Black History Month and we haven't learned poo poo from any of those leaders, sixty years on.

Those were the people the history textbooks say politely asked for some changes right?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

waking up to another day of these nazi shitheads committing the most brutal atrocities against helpless innocent people, creating immense human misery and suffering on top of immense human misery and suffering. And the west backing it all the way to its gruesome conclusion

Trending
#SuperBowlMassacre
15.7K posts

Politics · Trending
#GazaHolocaust
79.3K posts

Politics · Trending
Evil
505K posts

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Mola Yam posted:

i don't think israel would just lie like that
Speaking of

https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1757032141454446758

Comrade Koba posted:

gonna assume this was fake/staged (the hostage rescue, not the mass murdering) until confirmed by reliable authorities (Hamas/PIJ).

“we fabricated this poo poo weeks ago, we just needed to wait until next time we got loving destroyed in gaza so we could use it as distraction”
i mean, they did the same with dropping the unrwa bullshit on top of the icj findings so yeah it's certainly "plausible"

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hadji murad posted:

has anybody compiled a list of western politicians using the word “concerned” as they then go on to approve of any Israeli actions whatsoever?

just now I see the Europeans are concerned, after Blinken, after the Canadian FM. the list of concern goes on and loving on.
Adam Johnson has been tracking the Biden administration doing it
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/status/1755425175242220026

Meow Tse-tung posted:

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 15:28 on Feb 12, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Hamas just announced they managed to off 10 IDF nazis in an ambush

====

Urgent | Al-Qassam Brigades: We eliminated 10 occupation soldiers from point zero in the Abasan Al-Kabira area, east of Khan Yunis.

https://x.com/ajabreaking/status/1757045586048528874?s=46

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 16:02 on Feb 12, 2024

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mola Yam posted:

i don't think israel would just lie like that

they love lying. it's one of their favorite things to do.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024

mcmagic posted:

considering how lackluster and obviously fascist and ingroup-targeted their lies usually are I'd think it ranks pretty far below their favorite activities of like killing children and doing genocide in general

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The constant lying is a power thing. Look at the bullshit we can say, we both know it's bullshit, and there is nothing you can do about it. Like cops in the US.

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
yeah i guess i'm misapprehending fascism from my own perspective again and they just get off on it

I just feel like if I was in charge of lying I'd do a good job of it! Persuasion can be an actual practice and not just a show of power! loving fascists ruin everything, even abstract concepts and practices

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Al-Saqr posted:

Palestinians in Northern Gaza defy israel by staging a mass friday prayer

For the first time since the war on #غزة Friday prayers are held in northern #غزة ...
These heroes who remained steadfast in their land and refused to move...
These men, women and children who are starving now have no refuge except God. They raised their palms to Him and the sounds of their stomachs could be heard from the intensity of hunger. These prayers will not be rejected in vain, and God bears witness that they are the patient Mujahideen stationed under siege.

https://x.com/adham922/status/1755928231226605817?s=20

https://x.com/rdooan/status/1755920817362268431?s=20

https://x.com/adham922/status/1755936788806300152?s=20

blessed

Al-Saqr posted:

first group of jordanian doctors manage to enter gaza to treat the wounded

A delegation of #الأردن volunteer doctors from various specialties arrived in Gaza today and immediately began treating cases at the European Hospital...
Dr. Walid Masoud
Dr. Ammar Al-Subaihi
Dahmad Abu Mahfouz
Dr. Hisham Al-Shaabani
Dr. Saleh Abu Al-Haj
Dr. Tariq Al-Tamimi
Dr. Wasfi Jaara
Dr. Imad Al-Tamimi

Bless your effort

https://x.com/adham922/status/1755708372215599608?s=20

blessed

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mcmagic posted:

The constant lying is a power thing. Look at the bullshit we can say, we both know it's bullshit, and there is nothing you can do about it. Like cops in the US.

well it's propaganda so it isn't for convincing people of something - it's for reinforcing beliefs already held. so it doesn't need to even appear true to someone skeptical of or opposed to israel. plus israel is a moribund neoliberal state so everyone in charge of the government is just some dipshit who loves taking bribes so they're just not good at anything and they also don't care.
the market has chosen hollow lies that convince no one

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

mcmagic posted:

That's antisemitism!! Please consider in the future to be more careful with how you phrase this

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

"Report: Biden is frustrated with Netanyahu, and called him 'rear end in a top hat' in private talks"

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1756997382057734151?t=-R0FQ3PtrnvTNNYQya4APQ&s=19

I'm starting to feel like the Biden administration is intentionally "leaking" these instances of Joe talking poo poo about/to Bibi behind closed doors in a desperate attempt to rehabilitate his image.

"What an rear end in a top hat" said the flaccid old rectum

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Zodium posted:

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

be aware that the intent of all these lies is not to convince you but to make you feel insane

yes it feels unsettling and horrifying to be lied to about the massacre of children through so many channels at once

but you must understand how the media works, it is an organ of the capitalist state and it's function is to disseminate messages under the control of the bourgeois

the propagandist sees media messaging as not a tool for semantic understanding of the world but as a delivery system of information weapons which have various effects on target populations

demoralizing and paralyzing dissent is one of these effects

you must understand their words not as honest discourse but as part of an apparatus of creation and delivery of influence and control

this is not just a media apparatus, it is a military, economic, technological, mathematical apparatus

don't look at what they say, look at the material and social forces driving their actions forward

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Sancho Banana posted:

I'm starting to feel like the Biden administration is intentionally "leaking" these instances of Joe talking poo poo about/to Bibi behind closed doors in a desperate attempt to rehabilitate his image.

they are leaking it as billions of dollars in military funding for israel are passed in the senate :amerikkka:

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Pf. Hikikomoriarty posted:

be aware that the intent of all these lies is not to convince you but to make you feel insane

yes it feels unsettling and horrifying to be lied to about the massacre of children through so many channels at once

but you must understand how the media works, it is an organ of the capitalist state and it's function is to disseminate messages under the control of the bourgeois

the propagandist sees media messaging as not a tool for semantic understanding of the world but as a delivery system of information weapons which have various effects on target populations

demoralizing and paralyzing dissent is one of these effects

you must understand their words not as honest discourse but as part of an apparatus of creation and delivery of influence and control

this is not just a media apparatus, it is a military, economic, technological, mathematical apparatus

don't look at what they say, look at the material and social forces driving their actions forward

:hai:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

CNN chyron rn: SOURCE: MEGACHURCH SHOOTER"S AR-15 HAD "FREE PALESTINE" WRITTEN ON IT

Flournival Dixon
Jan 29, 2024
That's an aspect of modern ideological enforcement that I always lose discipline in remembering because I am a weird scientifically minded Communist nerd without a state apparatus to disseminate my own propaganda.

I suppose I'm stuck writing from the position of speaking to obvious historical material facts and forgetting that my ostensible enemies are doing the opposite lol

Very good post

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

guidoanselmi posted:

CNN chyron rn: SOURCE: MEGACHURCH SHOOTER"S AR-15 HAD "FREE PALESTINE" WRITTEN ON IT

she was allegedly 'spraying some kind of substance on the ground' according to the police, and the news reports are all extremely vague about which side started shooting first and also say it is 'unclear' who shot the kid she had brought with her

how much do you want to bet she was doing graffiti and got shot over it

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"The Dutch government announces: We will appeal the court's decision not to export F35 parts to Israel"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1757038482726207745?t=3RwggrRnhEws3409M3N__g&s=19

Come the gently caress on

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Fast Luck posted:

Adam Johnson has been tracking the Biden administration doing it
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonCHI/status/1755425175242220026

your average westerner who sees themselves as a leftist is usually able to spot the propaganda which is based on lies - but they are so overwhelmed with the liberal worldview (journalism speaks truth to power, etc) that they can’t quite put together that they also publish factual, sympathetic stories which are also propaganda. the goal is to make it seem like it’s a “difficult” issue with no clear right or wrong but there are people inside fighting the good fight. this lets Americans absolve themselves once whatever latest atrocity they are committing wraps up or public opinion shifts too much and they can see the articles about the investigation and move on

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Genocide over 100 civilians per day is a little bit too high, please keep it below 80. Blinken outlook signature.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1756074190988275904

Head of CIA Bill Burns is visiting Cairo tomorrow

This news is from Feb. 9th but it's very likely Burns is gonna try to strong-arm Egypt into forcibly evacuating (aka ethnic cleansing) the 1 million+ refugees in Rafah. Burns is usually the guy they send when they need some actual heavy-duty diplomacy done, since Blinken is an incompetent freak.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i still cant see egypt abandoning that red line seems like the end of the regime if that happens, maybe 50-50 since they are worthless losers

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Shayan86/status/1757047902814318887

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

VoicesCanBe posted:

This news is from Feb. 9th but it's very likely Burns is gonna try to strong-arm Egypt into forcibly evacuating (aka ethnic cleansing) the 1 million+ refugees in Rafah. Burns is usually the guy they send when they need some actual heavy-duty diplomacy done, since Blinken is an incompetent freak.

"Won't someone rid us of these meddlesome Palestinian refugees?"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Sancho Banana posted:

"The Dutch government announces: We will appeal the court's decision not to export F35 parts to Israel"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1757038482726207745?t=3RwggrRnhEws3409M3N__g&s=19

Come the gently caress on

Do they even have a government?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Burns seems smart enough to know that forcing Egypt to take refugees and enable ethnic cleansing will lead to domestic unrest in Egypt. I wonder what extra support the US is going to give Sisi to reinforce his rule.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

VoicesCanBe posted:

The Egyptian government cant accept it -- not because theyre good guys or w.e. but this would cause Egypt problems that no carrots and sticks could ever compensate. Maybe not tomorrow, but it would inevitably result in either a civil war in Egypt, or the Palestinians launching attacks from the Sinai which causes a renewed Israel-Egypt war.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

OctaMurk posted:

The Egyptian government cant accept it -- not because theyre good guys or w.e. but this would cause Egypt problems that no carrots and sticks could ever compensate. Maybe not tomorrow, but it would inevitably result in either a civil war in Egypt, or the Palestinians launching attacks from the Sinai which causes a renewed Israel-Egypt war.

thats not even including even more economic problems egypts economy is a complete disaster atm

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
what else does the us even have to offer its vassals at this point? ammunition and artillery shells theyve already depleted in support to israel and ukraine? rusting boats and weather-vulnerable planes? commercial guarantees over completely unsecurable freight lines? us dollars as cheap toilet paper?

i feel like if the us was able to make meaningful guarantees and bribes to egypt they would have already committed those to isreal by now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

thats not even including even more economic problems egypts economy is a complete disaster atm

Is there a good source to read that explains what is going on with Egypts economy and how they got there?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

stumblebum posted:

what else does the us even have to offer its vassals at this point? ammunition and artillery shells theyve already depleted in support to israel and ukraine? rusting boats and weather-vulnerable planes? commercial guarantees over completely unsecurable freight lines? us dollars as cheap toilet paper?

i feel like if the us was able to make meaningful guarantees and bribes to egypt they would have already committed those to isreal by now

They could forgive or write off Egypts utterly massive debts

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It feels like there is no avenue at this point that doesn't lead to all out war between Israel and its neighbors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Is there a good source to read that explains what is going on with Egypts economy and how they got there?

i dont have a specific source to point to that describes it entirely but the basic gist is that following the 2011-2012 revolution existing economic issues got worse, they have massive debt they continue borrowing from the imf, they have subsidies on major goods but rising inflation has eclipsed those as well.

its a combo of massive inflation (especially food) debt, massive population, decline in food production, and now the suez canal issues shipping issues etc and of course the general corruption, incompetence and mis-management that comes from a military dictatorship