Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Carthag Tuek posted:

i remember in the 90s there was a rumor that aphex twin lived in a decommissioned bank vault

that wasnt a rumor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

no windows to lick :smith:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ruffian Price posted:

Any hole is a window if you believe

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Ruffian Price posted:

aphex twin used to carry a 3x5 pane of glass everywhere, but modern phone screens made that obsolete

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

jeebus bob posted:

Same
We always have a hard time convincing banks our budget isn't just wishful thinking but that we can in fact subsist on 2/3 of what their models suggest as a bare minimum

It is the opposite in America, the bank was willing to give us an absolutely insane amount of money to buy. We spent ~60% of it, and it still feels like a lot.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
https://enhanced.org/

"And the crowd goes wild as the Monstrosity of Monsanto enters the arena! What a marvel of modern innovation!"

I'm not even particularly against it but the banner is funny

quote:

Backed by the world’s top venture capitalists, the Enhanced Games is the Olympics of the future. When 44% of athletes already use performance enhancements, it is time to safely celebrate science.
Sports can be safer without drug testing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fanfic insert posted:

"And the crowd goes wild as the Monstrosity of Monsanto enters the arena! What a marvel of modern innovation!"

Just make The Running Man real. Shot put or pole vaulting won't become more exciting no matter how roided up everyone is.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

fanfic insert posted:

people were joking about this 20 years ago but singularity brained VCs actually think it's a good idea

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

fanfic insert posted:

safely

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
it's pretty wild how absolutely no one gives a poo poo about PEDs anymore

Bonds belongs in the HOF

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Laterite posted:

Bonds belongs in the HOF

all we care about is seeing those dingers and pretending that it is all down to prayers, clean living, and hard work

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Laterite posted:

Bonds belongs in the HOF

That's right

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Laterite posted:

Bonds belongs in the HOF

peds are loving cool. they allow the body to heal quickly and give you muscles and let you rip backboards off or hit a ball 612 feet

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

fanfic insert posted:

I honestly want pro athletes to be so full of roids that their piss glows and their muscles shred their skin open on live television.

people should look at athletes as weirdo freaks that nobody aspires to emulate because it's weird as gently caress and bad for you.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I honestly want pro athletes to be so full of roids that their piss glows and their muscles shred their skin open on live television.

people should look at athletes as weirdo freaks that nobody aspires to emulate because it's weird as gently caress and bad for you.

Pro wrestling is already like this and it rules, just watch that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The only sports should be kyykkä and old lady's carry.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
the only sport should be dudes seeing who can carry the most grocery bags indoors from the car at one time (the only real measure of a man)

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Laterite posted:

Bonds belongs in the HOF

Yep. Let Barry and Pete Rose into the Hall, cowards.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

ENHANCED INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
pete rose is banned from the hall for betting on baseball. Now please bet on baseball

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

poemdexter posted:

the only sport should be dudes seeing who can carry the most grocery bags indoors from the car at one time (the only real measure of a man)

Pro move is using your own larger tougher bags instead of the lovely grocery store ones and that lets you safely carry more and if you're real hot poo poo you can even make a single trip with liquids included

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Kitfox88 posted:

Pro move is using your own larger tougher bags instead of the lovely grocery store ones and that lets you safely carry more and if you're real hot poo poo you can even make a single trip with liquids included

Just did this yesterday. Had four large Aldi bags in my hands plus a gallon of milk in each and a 12 pack of Summit Diet under my right arm.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

poemdexter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6H03z0b7g

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

cumpantry posted:

ENHANCED INCLUSIVE LANGUAGE

Assuming this is in the sense of "enhanced interrogation" where you aggressively misgender a cis person until they transition

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

tokin opposition posted:

Assuming this is in the sense of "enhanced interrogation" where you aggressively misgender a cis person until they transition

i successfully did this to a person

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Peanut President posted:

pete rose is banned from the hall for betting on baseball. Now please bet on baseball

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Peanut President posted:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Trans antifa spotted. Keep up the good work

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Laterite posted:

Bonds belongs in the HOF

:hai:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mycomancy posted:

Just did this yesterday. Had four large Aldi bags in my hands plus a gallon of milk in each and a 12 pack of Summit Diet under my right arm.

was going to mock you for drinking two whole gallons of milk but, well, the results speak for themselves

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

mycomancy posted:

nice

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

the olympics should go on two separate paths, one where it returns to its modern origins of non-sponsored amateurs

the other where barely recognizable bipedal enhanced humanoids attempt to assault the heavens

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I would love nothing more than to hear ryan lochte compete in the poetry competition

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The IOC suck but the enhanced games is backed by Peter Thiel and tech wankers. I'm sticking with normal Olympics because in theory it could be made better.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I would simply not eat either flavour of poo poo sandwich

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

fanfic insert posted:

Lol, 44%

Suuuuuure

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

This is just as dumb as the usual "just let them take all the PEDs" redditors who have never seen a sports venue from the inside. "Allowing" PEDs as a sports governing entity just moves the barrier of what's allowed and what's not a bit, because there is tons of stuff that is straight up not legal. And you need doctors to do stuff that they're not legally allowed to do. Which means you either need to control for people doing illegal stuff (and you are back to the exact same problems as anyone else with regards to drug testing etc.) or you're running into trouble with the law at some point. Or you're just 100% irrelevant so nobody cares what you do, like bodybuilding or something. It's not like the big governing bodies are against PEDs because of their integrity.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Peggotty posted:

This is just as dumb as the usual "just let them take all the PEDs" redditors who have never seen a sports venue from the inside. "Allowing" PEDs as a sports governing entity just moves the barrier of what's allowed and what's not a bit, because there is tons of stuff that is straight up not legal. And you need doctors to do stuff that they're not legally allowed to do. Which means you either need to control for people doing illegal stuff (and you are back to the exact same problems as anyone else with regards to drug testing etc.) or you're running into trouble with the law at some point. Or you're just 100% irrelevant so nobody cares what you do, like bodybuilding or something. It's not like the big governing bodies are against PEDs because of their integrity.

Buddy it's Peter Thiel doing it, he is absolutely envisioning a lawless Sports Zone where you can do all the illegal things for his entertainment as god-emperor.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like I guarantee he'd be advocating for poor people gladiatorial fights to the death instead if he thought he could get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Peggotty posted:

sounds like you're anti science buddy

let em snort a line of meth before the 100m dash i say, because i am pro science