Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I imagine he's avoiding Neuvillette either a.) to say incognito because Neuv might immediately recognize who he is and it could get complicated or b.) some kind of complication involving the deal he made with the Tsaritsa. It doesnt actually make much sense for him to leave the most powerful individual in Teyvat alone and clueless as to the bigger picture but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I would like to clarify she's not sociopathic, she's autistic

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Kale posted:

Definitely the most obvious LGBT ship in Fontaine. So far every region has had at least one that's just super on the nose whenever they're on screen:

Sumeru: Dehya/Candace, Alhaitham/Kaveh

You can't convince me these aren't just canon pairings and no fan-canon about it.

You missed Cyno/Tighnari, who in addition to all the actual in-game stuff have the support (and presumably acting choices) of at least the English VAs.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ok, so how do I get the Hu Tao ghost kite?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Tighnari's new VA, or the bad one?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Tighnari's new VA, or the bad one?

New VA. Also Cyno's.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain France posted:

New VA. Also Cyno's.

"Zach Gordon Tighnari's VA Says: Cyno/Tighnari OTP"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So now I have a Yaoyao. What do?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Push e for minor healing and randomized single target dendro application. Press Q to run around like an idiot and throw radishes not very effectively. Be careful of pyro, because you can hurt yourself with burning.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Last time I threw radishes around ineffectually I got banned from Whole Foods.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

dps yaoyao is best and funnest yaoyao

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Yaoyao is at her best during co-op weekly bosses when her burst really takes off.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Chiori's overworld passive is pretty nice. 10% bonus movement if someone in the party is wearing an alternate costume!

Or a wind-glider other than the default, they gave us mercy

It is still the absolute biggest bummer that Geo doesn't really interact much with any other element and nearly every Geo character wants one or two more Geo characters in their party. One step forward, two steps back with Geo characters. Navia encourages you to use other elements for her gunbrella, but if you want to use Chiori as a support then she wants a third Geo character in her party to make constructs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Apparently her burst was nerfed heavily in recent beta.

Normally I dont mention beta changes but the burst nerf makes GT better than Husk so wanted to mention it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 12, 2024

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

It is still the absolute biggest bummer that Geo doesn't really interact much with any other element and nearly every Geo character wants one or two more Geo characters in their party. One step forward, two steps back with Geo characters. Navia encourages you to use other elements for her gunbrella, but if you want to use Chiori as a support then she wants a third Geo character in her party to make constructs.
The real killer is... how do you even fill that team out? Your third Geo can't be a healer, so you can't use Furina. Zhongli/Yelan? Albedo/Bennett C6 seems awful. Really, the only practical way to use her with Navia is with her C1. She's probably still better than Ningguang in a double-Geo team, but just giving up on her second puppet feels pretty loving bad.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

*eyes glowing with meta power* Crystallize reaction objects should explode like blooms on contact with Geo damage

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No Wave posted:

Apparently her burst was nerfed heavily in recent beta.

Normally I dont mention beta changes but the burst nerf makes GT better than Husk so wanted to mention it.

I was hoping it was only -30% from each modified but yeah no it's -30% overall damage and all you gain is -10 energy cost. On paper this isn't terrible, however her burst animation is decently long, and as has been a kind of consistent problem with a lot of units who have an average power burst, the animation isn't worth your burst, which is very unfortunate.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tampa Bae posted:

Chiori's overworld passive is pretty nice. 10% bonus movement if someone in the party is wearing an alternate costume!

Or a wind-glider other than the default, they gave us mercy

lol I love that detail. That's up there with Ei not being to cook anything.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

*eyes glowing with meta power* Crystallize reaction objects should explode like blooms on contact with Geo damage

:hmmyes: Geo explosions should do shrapnel/AoE damage

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Put her in a Nilou team and sometimes run around dropping land mines everywhere

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Would be neat if they would stop forcing mono geo teams and just let Chiori's affect trigger off non-geo structures like Yae's turrets or even Baron Bunny. Come on, Geo is already so dull as-is, why do they insist on making them only good with 3 Geo characters

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They should've made her "force" monogeo harder by actually having more interesting or meaningful things tied to constructs. Really struggling to feel good about her with how this design turned out, when I had hoped Itto teams would get more of a shakeup after two years of waiting.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I think I'm spoiling myself doing sidequests with Nahida and hyperbloom. 1 giant robot followed by 3 giant robots followed by some flying robot monstrosity? Sure, why not, I'll just paint them with sparkly green lights then splash water and lightning around and everything dies in seconds. I did have to retreat and bring in Yelan for the flying one though as it flew up to the cavern ceiling and got stuck.

I need to get back to the Inazuma main quest tonight though because I just read it has some real time gates that make you wait a day between quest steps without being able to turn the clock ahead.

How does coop work? Like if I go to farm VV artifacts and hit match, does it look for someone else who hit match on that domain? Or is there somewhere to sign up generically to get pulled in to whatever someone asks for help with?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Hyperbloom is indeed "braindead everything dies" fun. I almost want it nerfed because either nothing else compares, or we start to get overtuned / hyperspecialized enemies and new characters just to be able to compete.

bagrada posted:

How does coop work? Like if I go to farm VV artifacts and hit match, does it look for someone else who hit match on that domain? Or is there somewhere to sign up generically to get pulled in to whatever someone asks for help with?
Every time I've subjected myself to co-op, it's pulled in people around or at the same domain so it seems they've got matching in place.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Shinji2015 posted:

:hmmyes: Geo explosions should do shrapnel/AoE damage
The monkey's paw curles: crystallize shards deal physical damage on detonation, and also damage the active character just like bloom.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

I've been feeding the game single pulls to get Faruzan's sixth constellation. It gave me Xianyun's first instead 3 fates in. Darting around the map as bird mom is very cool, but I'd still really like to complete Hatsune Miku.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

bagrada posted:

Not sure about the generic co-op that you can do through the friend's list, but for domains and weekly bosses it will match you with other people who have also hit the match button for that same domain and level. Sometimes you can wait for 5 minutes or more to get any matches at all if it's an unpopular domain/weird time of day, tho VW should always have plenty of people queuing. The host can change what level of the domain the party runs, if they want to be a troll. Also the guest players don't have to enter the domain, occasionally you'll see people using co-op domain queuing to raid worlds for mats (though I've only seen this in the 2 weeks or so around a new five star release). If you are the host and someone keeps ignoring the Accept prompt, you can kick them out.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I managed to snag C3 Faruzan in the course of pulling for Nahida. I'll have the mega busted anemo DPS support one day.

On which note I did actually win my 50/50 and get the Nuclear Radish though. :unsmigghh:

My Cyno team gonna poo poo out even more damage and now maybe I'll finally get a Nilou Bloom team rolling once I get Nahida up to speed.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I just play Nilou instead of hyperbloom because then it's aoe and everything dying includes your own team. :unsmigghh: Nilou herself has a completely hollow skull and never had a thought enter it. She owns so much.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nilou has done literally nothing wrong

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Is Nilou the only character who performs at max power with 1/1/1 skills.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is Nilou the only character who performs at max power with 1/1/1 skills.
Sucrose, basically.

Kale
May 14, 2010

As a Floor 11 is the final floor ranked guy the 3rd Tank Maiden popping out at the very end was kind of a nasty surprise, but luckily still had enough DPS left to get the 3 star on 11-2. Overall still one of the easier abyss's as I actually tried 12-1 and got my first 3 star on floor 12. The defense mission on 11-1 was also a complete joke this time, but has been for the last 4 rotations or so. It had a really lovely one a little before that though when it was still those desert machina that turn invisible.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

all in all I felt it was a pretty easy abyss, mostly just the the worm bosses were annoying as usual

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Rabbit Hill posted:

Can we talk about Zhongli and Neuvillette in today's Lantern Rite quest? I'm dying for them to meet, so I was on the edge of my seat during the entire conversation today.

I've seen some comments on twitter, etc. saying Zhongli avoided Neuvillette because he's afraid of him -- no way, man. Zhongli just doesn't want their first meeting to be a random encounter on the side of the road when they're both on vacation and off their game (and Zhongli's got Hu Tao with him, so he's still hiding his identity). Zhongli was no doubt scoping Neuvillette out from a distance and trying to learn as much as he could about him.

And boy was his conversation with Furina and co. illuminating of Neuvillette's character -- he learned that N's extremely dedicated to his job and well-respected, he's a very proper gentleman to the point of being stiff, but he's also not arrogant and doesn't mind doing menial tasks like carrying the ladies' shopping bags home for them. And despite his high position and stiff manners, the ladies clearly respect him but aren't intimidated or uncomfortable with him. And AND not only does he share Z's love of history, but he too places great importance in keeping his promises (keeping his contracts).

(Zhongli, probably: How intriguing....once we get past that whole "usurper" thing, we could totally be BFFs!)

So now Zhongli has a very good idea of what to expect from him when they meet and is no doubt already formulating a plan of attack to charm the pants off persuade him into being allies. Leading eventually to Zhongli and Neuvillette working together to destroy Celestia...it's going to be so gooooood :neckbeard:

100% this is the right conclusion hell yeah

Kale posted:

Definitely the most obvious LGBT ship in Fontaine. So far every region has had at least one that's just super on the nose whenever they're on screen:
)
Sumeru: Dehya/Candace,

You can't convince me these aren't just canon pairings and no fan-canon about it.

This is Dunyarzad erasure and I won't stand for it.

Eimi posted:

Dehya/Candace is 100% fanon. It's Dunyazard/Dehya. :colbert:

Sorry just saw this but THANK YOU YES

Note Block fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 12, 2024

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The volume of dialogue that you’ll need to click through as every playable character at the end of 7 chapters makes an appearance as we all work together to build a cannon to fire the traveller at Celestia will be true horror.

Unrelated,

Attempted to make DPS Nilou by just sticking Furina’s artifact set on her and pairing her with Furina (using some second rate artifacts) and Xianyun for powering Furina’s burst. Silly, but worked. I think Furina was still outdamaging Nilou despite no artifact set bonus and Nilou using the Wolf Fang that Furina normally uses.

Actually, I’m suspicious that quite a lot of the time Furina, who is supposed to be off-field sub DPS/support, is in fact doing those roles whilst also rivalling if not out damaging the DPS. She’s cracked.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Furina is just stupid op. Highest off field damage in game when you factor in the buff she gives herself. And also gives that buff to everyone else too.

Heres furina kokomi and yelan all dealing the same damage while furina gives a 70% buff to everyone: https://gcsim.app/db/RFMTCcGRtb7b.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:

Real Cool Catfish posted:

The volume of dialogue that you’ll need to click through as every playable character at the end of 7 chapters makes an appearance as we all work together to build a cannon to fire the traveller at Celestia will be true horror.

Unrelated,

Attempted to make DPS Nilou by just sticking Furina’s artifact set on her and pairing her with Furina (using some second rate artifacts) and Xianyun for powering Furina’s burst. Silly, but worked. I think Furina was still outdamaging Nilou despite no artifact set bonus and Nilou using the Wolf Fang that Furina normally uses.

Actually, I’m suspicious that quite a lot of the time Furina, who is supposed to be off-field sub DPS/support, is in fact doing those roles whilst also rivalling if not out damaging the DPS. She’s cracked.

This is probably because you put an anemo character on a nilou team.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

It’s wild that it’s not even that they couldn’t figure out how to make geo fun, but that they made Navia and them backstepped to mono geo again. Are they trolling us? Mono geo is the least fun comp imo because Gorou is there and team comps are incredibly stale.

Why can’t they put some minimal effort into geo being an element people can look forward to playing that has some creative team comp possibilities when they know how much people enjoyed Navia?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

rio posted:

It’s wild that it’s not even that they couldn’t figure out how to make geo fun, but that they made Navia and them backstepped to mono geo again. Are they trolling us? Mono geo is the least fun comp imo because Gorou is there and team comps are incredibly stale.

Why can’t they put some minimal effort into geo being an element people can look forward to playing that has some creative team comp possibilities when they know how much people enjoyed Navia?

I mean you don't like monogeo, so stop dwelling on it. Saying it's stale is valid, but that should be even more reason for them to release new characters for the archetype. People enjoy it just like other enjoy Navia.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

no one likes mono geo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

no one likes mono geo