Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Chillmatic posted:

Least misogynistic anime-avatar dipshit.

As if it wasn't bestowed upon me by someone being mad at me for dumb reasons. Kinda like how you seem upset for a dumb reason.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

really queer Christmas posted:

Wrong Taylor I'm talking about

oh I thought you meant Taylor swift, who really needs to pay more attention to false starts and is hated by the officials

:twisted:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

fknlo posted:

All the talk throughout the season in the GDT's about the Chiefs regretting trading Hill still cracks me up.

Turns out flashing the deuces is the number of super bowls the Chiefs would win without him

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kawalimus posted:

I don't want any bird nest soup from that swift!! :D

now this is the content I crave

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

fknlo posted:

All the talk throughout the season in the GDT's about the Chiefs regretting trading Hill still cracks me up.

I enjoy it when sincerely awful people also do bad in sports so this is great content for me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheRealJosh05/status/1756894940049580314

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/AbstractLife/status/1756911746923565168?s=20

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
So in the playoffs OT is considered like a brand new game. And at the end of the first OT they would switch sides like the end of a quarter.

But what if the 2nd OT ended? Would we get another halftime?? I don't think it's ever happened that it's gone past two overtimes.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Another halftime. Usher would've came back out

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

So in the playoffs OT is considered like a brand new game. And at the end of the first OT they would switch sides like the end of a quarter.

But what if the 2nd OT ended? Would we get another halftime?? I don't think it's ever happened that it's gone past two overtimes.

if it was as tied after 2OT quarters, Taylor would have grabbed a ref’s mic and led the crowd in an impromptu rendition of Seven Nation Army

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

shyduck posted:

Luda and Lil Jon could hold down the fort

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

shyduck posted:

And it would've owned

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pimpcasso posted:

Luda and Lil Jon could hold down the fort

Lil Jon leads the crowd in singing Get Low.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
lmao, tiktok is showing me videos of 49er fans smashing TV's

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Radia posted:

oh I thought you meant Taylor swift, who really needs to pay more attention to false starts and is hated by the officials

:twisted:

N...no.... NO...!!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fknlo posted:

49ers fans need to just Shake it Off :dadjoke:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I do find it funny that this morning, ESPN has articles talking about how the Chiefs dynasty is just starting, while the 49ers title window has probably closed.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

if travis kelce does not retire to spend his time making sure his billionaire girlfriend is happy he is a moron for the ages

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Harlock posted:

Grateful Brock Purdy isn't good enough to see Aiyuk open here to win the game

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1757050362828030440?s=19

Mahomes missed the exact same route but more open to Rice on the last pass attempt of regulation, to be fair.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

WoodrowSkillson posted:

if travis kelce does not retire to spend his time making sure his billionaire girlfriend is happy he is a moron for the ages

Tom Brady didn't retire for his supermodel almost billionaire wife and platoon of children so...

Sports people are just wired different

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Black Sunshine posted:

Tom Brady didn't retire for his supermodel almost billionaire wife and platoon of children so...

Sports people are just wired different

yes and he is a dumb idiot for doing so

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

swift has to be busier than kelce even if he doesn't retire

more importantly will swift resign kelce or will she see what's available in the offseason

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Unless you desperately need a pedo island or something similar in your life, you can probably just keep pursuing the thing you've built your entire life around and worst case make do with your tens of millions instead of billions

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Parallax posted:

swift has to be busier than kelce even if he doesn't retire

more importantly will swift resign kelce or will she see what's available in the offseason

I'm waiting for the split to perfectly line up with age catching Kelce for good, just so we can get some great think pieces blaming his decline on the heartbreak

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TheBizzness posted:

Mahomes missed the exact same route but more open to Rice on the last pass attempt of regulation, to be fair.

Even with the TO there's reasonable risk throwing the ball short of the end zone over the middle.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Just heard a clip of Shanahan saying they took possession because their strategy was predicated on having the 3rd possession

Simply breathtaking

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

fknlo posted:

nfc fans are a different breed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shyduck posted:

Just heard a clip of Shanahan saying they took possession because their strategy was predicated on having the 3rd possession

Simply breathtaking

Meanwhile Chiefs have confirmed they were gonna go for 2. Whooooooof.

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

shyduck posted:

Simply breathtaking

it's a legit consideration though, it's basically a delayed version of winning the coin toss by the old sudden death OT rules. Probably doesn't outweigh giving Mahomes the ball with the extra information but I don't think it's an immediate no-brainer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cp91886 posted:

it's a legit consideration though, it's basically a delayed version of winning the coin toss by the old sudden death OT rules. Probably doesn't outweigh giving Mahomes the ball with the extra information but I don't think it's an immediate no-brainer.

Thing is if the 49ers scored a TD, the Chiefs planned to go for 2. There wasn't gonna be a third possession either way.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The 49'ers almost had em on the ropes too but they got that 4 & 1 with ease.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MJeff posted:

Thing is if the 49ers scored a TD, the Chiefs planned to go for 2. There wasn't gonna be a third possession either way.

Forcing the other team to go for 2 by starting is a potential advantage in of itself.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Pixel Chiefs!

https://twitter.com/NFLonPrime/status/1757057197438050435

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

MJeff posted:

The third possession happens when KC gets held to 3, and the Niners get the ball back to win with a FG.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bummer we couldn't get some NHL-like 7 OT game or something. That would have owned.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJeff posted:

Shanahan would have probably taken a coin flip on a single play deciding the outcome vs giving the Chiefs the ball first, then needing a TD to tie it, then the Chiefs only needing a FG to win.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just give us CFB-style OTs, where it starts at the opponent’s 25 yard line, defense is somewhat optional, and we keep seeing scores.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The trophies should have little confetti angels around them

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Canned Sunshine posted:

Just give us CFB-style OTs, where it starts at the opponent’s 25 yard line, defense is somewhat optional, and we keep seeing scores.

Agreed but the 45 since NFL kickers are way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Mecole Hardman has 3 Super Bowl rings, and sorta contributed to each one. Wild league.