Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

shyduck posted:

Just heard a clip of Shanahan saying they took possession because their strategy was predicated on having the 3rd possession

Simply breathtaking

is this why the niners kicked a fg in OT, in order to slowplay the Chiefs into also going for a FG

If the other teams get the ball second and needs a TD, anyone with a brain knows they will go for 2 and make a 3rd possession moot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
they should make a 16-bit pixel version of nfl games for completely broken brains like me

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Radia posted:

they should make a 16-bit pixel version of nfl games for completely broken brains like me

It's called Legend Bowl.

If you wanna go down to 8-bit there's Retro Bowl.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

is this why the niners kicked a fg in OT, in order to slowplay the Chiefs into also going for a FG

If the other teams get the ball second and needs a TD, anyone with a brain knows they will go for 2 and make a 3rd possession moot

I don’t think it’s at all a given that every team in the league goes for two in that situation. Plenty of conservative coaches (like Shanahan) would take the PAT and keep playing.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nodoze posted:

Stop making weird jokes about Taylor Swift god damnit

Swift Boats for Truth you can't hide forever

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cash Monet posted:

There's bad luck and than there's a punt grazing the leg of an engaged blocker in your opponent's redzone.

this is just the rebalancing of karma from that Aiyuk TD off a Lions' helmet

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

romo saying the low snap was uncharacteristic for creed is how i knew he doesn't pay attention/care anymore because that's been like the one consistent weakness of his game.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think it’s at all a given that every team in the league goes for two in that situation. Plenty of conservative coaches (like Shanahan) would take the PAT and keep playing.

Converting a 2 seems a lot easier than successfully playing defense and driving down the field again

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Converting a 2 seems a lot easier than successfully playing defense and driving down the field again

What's the expectation % defending a field goal sudden death situation.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I saw someone post “The 9ers can still win if Mike Pence does the right thing” and I’m fuckin dying

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Okay, but a lot of coaches already don’t go for 2 when it’s the optimal strategy, or don’t go for it on 4th when it’s the optimal strategy and I guarantee plenty of coaches will also not go for 2 and risk losing it all on a single play vs continuing the game.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Just give us CFB-style OTs, where it starts at the opponent’s 25 yard line, defense is somewhat optional, and we keep seeing scores.
I regret to inform you Brock Purdy was playing QB in the game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
More and more coaches aren’t doing that anymore so I don’t think that’s a thing you can assume anymore

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

More and more coaches aren’t doing that anymore so I don’t think that’s a thing you can assume anymore

Coaches go for it on 4th more than they used to but still much less than they would if they were making decisions entirely based on the expected outcomes. And it varies pretty significantly with some coaches being much more aggressive than others.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2467217/amp

Maybe this will change as older coaches are replaced with younger ones but right now there are still a number who would likely take the PAT and trust their defense to get a stop.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
-it keeps getting reiterated that last year and this year were supposed to be rebuilding years, so like they'll be better next year because of experience? mahomes chiefs will be the first nfl team to win three straight super bowls

-the result reminds me most of the 2022 golden state title

-despite all this, I'll still like andy reid for the rest of my life

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's called Legend Bowl.

If you wanna go down to 8-bit there's Retro Bowl.

Wait is this real

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Radia posted:

Wait is this real

It's not licensed or anything obviously but yeah, Legend Bowl is cool

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

retro bowl is also a great lil mobile game.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah retro bowl is great until you get too good at it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

There's a Retro Bowl college game too. After 102 seasons in RB on extreme, I started trying the college game. It's pretty neat.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AnimeSerbia/status/1756833849001099716?t=lgnv-pX6Jd5bv7GJu9mNjg&s=19

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

CNN is calling the Dunkin Donuts ad with J-Lo and Ben Affleck one of the best ads of the night and I cannot come up with the vocabulary to express how wrong they are.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

:aaa: I completely forgot about the Nickelodeon broadcast. :doh:

The only question that remains is if Taylor likely went :a2m: for Travis to celebrate his win.

This is a hell of a way to start and finish a long post. Yikes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Dutchy posted:

It's not licensed or anything obviously but yeah, Legend Bowl is cool

IIRC there's mods for Legend Bowl that give you the real teams and current rosters, but I enjoy the bootleg teams and weird names too much

Edit: gently caress, there's a College Bowl dropping this year too

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 12, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Nice cock

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crossposting from the Trumplol thread

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

New conspiracy

Satan not Soros

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ok doing the 'superb owl' thing for bohemian grove is really fuckin funny i wish i thought of that.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

also from the Trumplol thread

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wilderthanmild posted:

Yeah retro bowl is great until you get too good at it.

throw the WR post and the HB angle route over and over until you have won 12 consecutive retro bowl titles, then delete it and reinstall clash of clans

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I. M. Gei posted:

CNN is calling the Dunkin Donuts ad with J-Lo and Ben Affleck one of the best ads of the night and I cannot come up with the vocabulary to express how wrong they are.

Matt Damon was the only good part of that ad

Michael CeraVe was the best one imo

socketwrencher
Apr 10, 2012

Be still and know.
How much contingency planning goes into a game plan? I'd guess the Niners expected a heavy box, but do you have contingencies for your O-line getting pushed around like that? Purdy also said that KC played more man than expected.

Is it surprising that there weren't more rollouts, screens etc? Seems odd that Kittle only got 3 targets; maybe if he had screamed at Shanahan he could have gotten the ball more lol.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Pron on VHS posted:

throw the WR post and the HB angle route over and over until you have won 12 consecutive retro bowl titles, then delete it and reinstall clash of clans

uh excuse me

it’s all about establishing the run

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I keep thinking about the alternate world where Kelce still yells at Andy Reid (and he was right), but doesn't catch all those second half passes and KC loses.

The hot takery alone could fuel major metropolitan areas for months.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Freaquency posted:

Matt Damon was the only good part of that ad

Michael CeraVe was the best one imo

CeraVe, Etsy, and UberEats were pretty solid.

The RFK one probably made me laugh the hardest, though I have to think that was not the intent.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

socketwrencher posted:

Is it surprising that there weren't more rollouts, screens etc? Seems odd that Kittle only got 3 targets; maybe if he had screamed at Shanahan he could have gotten the ball more lol.

Shutting down Kittle and a hobbled in multiple ways Deebo was super important from the Chiefs perspective. The 49ers screen game did have some success but you can only pull that out of the bag so often before the defense realizes what you're doing (well if the D is any good, and the Chiefs D was pretty good this year).

So your offense turns into solely CMC, Aiyuk, and oddly missed MVP opportunity Jauan Jennings. That makes things a lot easier to deal with for the defense. The 49ers have so many weapons and with two of them pretty much taken out of the game that puts Purdy under a lot more pressure while he was enduring a lot of pressure. Bless fullbacks but Juszczyk can only scare you so much.

I can't speak to what they could have done to overcome this, maybe rolling the pocket more often would have helped. Or maybe it just gets Purdy lit up if you do it at the wrong time, the Chiefs do a lot of corner blitzes normally although I don't think they did a ton last night. I don't know, it was just a rough night for that offense.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

The CeraVe ad was probably the best one of the night

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

patrick stewert throwing hey arnold into the side of a mountain set to creed made me laugh.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

post hole digger posted:

patrick stewert throwing hey arnold into the side of a mountain set to creed made me laugh.

I missed this one

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

I missed this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKzk1h7qrj8

ok it was definitely an abridged version of this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Baal game. I kinda like that, actually. Sounds cool.

Also lol that these people watched the game more intently than any actual Satanists and know who everyone in Taylor's club seats are.