Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if the amount of talent rumored to jump to the new promotion jumps that's crazy optimistic and feels like Rossy convinced himself he was the sole reason for Stardom's growth and not Bushiroad

I don't think he get backers unless I dunno...Cygames wants to get into wrestling like it seems to want to get into everything else in Japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I may have misheard Sumo Hall but Fumi was talking about big ambitious events and arenas in the first year.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rossy thinking this is gonna be like NOAH when in reality its much more likely to be Arison

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Rossy repeating the mistake of every late 90s and early 00s short lived spin off Joshi promotion (several of which he ran).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Rossy thinking this is gonna be like NOAH when in reality its much more likely to be Arison

Even NOAH struggled in that first year!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Even if the amount of talent rumored to jump to the new promotion jumps that's crazy optimistic and feels like Rossy convinced himself he was the sole reason for Stardom's growth and not Bushiroad

I don't think he get backers unless I dunno...Cygames wants to get into wrestling like it seems to want to get into everything else in Japan

Going off his comments I'm not even sure he'd WANT backers, unless they were 100% hands off, and why would anyone be willing to do that?

It's definitely hard not to come away from this whole thing thinking that Ogawa has just been huffing his own farts a bit too heavily. The whole thing is just going to damage Stardom while creating another group that will end up the size of Marvelous/Ice Ribbon/a dozen other groups. Further diluting the relatively limited number of women's wrestlers.

But hey, congrats to TJPW who probably have a good shot at moving into #1 position without doing anything

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bushiroad just needs to produce an Ave Mujica stable in Stardom to get my loyalty during this split. It's a gimmick built for wrestling!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

interesting to hear Fumi say that not only is TJPW fake but STARDOM—which used to be real—is fake now as well. I hope real wrestling returns soon

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cavauro posted:

interesting to hear Fumi say that not only is TJPW fake but STARDOM—which used to be real—is fake now as well. I hope real wrestling returns soon

Wrestling is real, people are fake

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

But hey, congrats to TJPW who probably have a good shot at moving into #1 position without doing anything

How can they move into a position they were already in :smugbert:

I am, of course, basing my reasoning on "the promotion I watch and like" which is just good business sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm just listening to WOL now and him spitting fire is fantastic, especially on the press who went to the Royal Rumble press conference and didn't ask any questions on the sexual assault revelations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm rewatching the UFC 1 SGH and man I love how apeshit the guys go when he starts doing the stomps. "PRIDE NEVER DIE!!!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i think tony reinstated the rankings just to gently caress with bryan

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I love the rankings if only because it specifically annoys the kinds of nerds who get hung up on rankings.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I generally like the rankings, but now I have to listen Bryan whining about minor details every week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i think tony reinstated the rankings just to gently caress with bryan

Non-zero chance

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
It's Bryan's funniest bit, barely beating his devoted defenses of current NXT. He's a broken man

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
If I didn't want to hear Alveraz get bogged down in minor details of poo poo that doesn't matter I would simply not listen to Wrestling Observer or it's affiliated podcasts.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

apophenium posted:

It's Bryan's funniest bit, barely beating his devoted defenses of current NXT. He's a broken man

What's he like so much about NXT?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shard posted:

being paid by them

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

he likes WWE so much he reviews every show three times a week

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

projecthalaxy posted:

being paid by them

this is all the work of channing "stacks" lorenzo

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Shard posted:

i dont think bryan watches any real tv or movie fiction and nxt is the closest analogue to that

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Idk why he likes NXT but it's always funny when he talks about trying to get people to watch it and they can't make it through a whole episode.

I also really liked when Dave was saying he looks forward to Raw cause he does his workout during it lol

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

redlettermedia

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

redlettermedia

lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shard posted:

in the same way that if you have a bunch of cats your favourite one will inevitably be the one with 3 legs and half an ear missing that sometimes stares into space for an hour for no reason

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Presumably all three Deadlock guys actually showed up!

quote:

It’s 2007 and the Battle of the Billionaires is on at WrestleMania 23. It will be Bobby Lashley vs Umaga. Before we get there, Lashley must defend his ECW Championship against Hardcore Holly in a Steel Cage Match. There’s a catch though, if Bobby Lashley does not win in 5 minutes or less Holly is the new champion. After the match we get one of the most iconic moments of all time as Bobby Lashley dives through the cage wall on to Umaga. Plus, it’s the 5th Annual DEADIES Awards, as selected by you! We take a look back at 2023 and beyond!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Presumably all three Deadlock guys actually showed up!

They did! All of them are on it!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I knew Daniels did stunts but didn't know he did this.

https://twitter.com/DoubleThreatPod/status/1757098149032927306

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he does look pretty convincingly like a younger version of Dennis Hopper's character in that movie so i can see it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I forgot to do something fun with my name when I subbed to the Patreon so it was just my real name.

I can't believe James pronounced it correctly :aaa:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s had a lot of practice Mr Johnson

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

CD go on Podcast: the Ride

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Highlight of this Deadlock for me was James losing his patience with shock jocks in the dirtsheets; "We hear about Bubba the Love Sponge and Mancow every drat week and I bet not a second of this poo poo exists as a recording now"

And then the very next item Johnny has lined up is "Donald Trump talked about his upcoming Battle of the Billionaires match with Don Imus this week..."

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
You know when people look at old Meltzer and they see how he's sometimes very wrong for comedy purposes because in hindsight, it failed.

That's the era Bryan is in right now. Nobody but him likes NXT, the rankings system doesn't matter, actually, but they put it in just to gently caress with the guy (and most likely to pad AEW) and Vinny is reviewing TNA and RAW like the old days and having a genuinely good time.

All that's missing is the drops and the return of Someone in Back and it's the old days.

even though they quit out of retro TNA those cowards!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

It was my dream when I was a little kid to be in one of those stunt shows at the theme parks. Chris Daniels owns.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

JethroMcB posted:

Highlight of this Deadlock for me was James losing his patience with shock jocks in the dirtsheets; "We hear about Bubba the Love Sponge and Mancow every drat week and I bet not a second of this poo poo exists as a recording now"

For Mancow, that is basically true. Guys the Podcast with Bryan Quinby has goofed on him pretty heavily but it is rarely Mancow's old radio show from his "peak" back in the day because it seems no one really cared to save it (aside from a few clips released on CD). It's too bad because Mancow is an all-time bullshitter and probably said some really crazy things back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beepo posted:

For Mancow, that is basically true. Guys the Podcast with Bryan Quinby has goofed on him pretty heavily but it is rarely Mancow's old radio show from his "peak" back in the day because it seems no one really cared to save it (aside from a few clips released on CD). It's too bad because Mancow is an all-time bullshitter and probably said some really crazy things back then.

Thanks to wrestling fans some of the little we do have of classic Mancow is him with Hogan and Jimmy Hart.