Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

Google says the cheapest Super Bowl ticket is $4k and the average (Non-GA) ticket to a T-Swizzle show is $1700.

I dunno, I've never spent more than $40 to go to a concert or a game, anything show over 100 bucks is for the 1%ers

oh weird the article I found said

quote:

How much are Super Bowl tickets in 2024?
The price of tickets has quite a range. But as things stand, the average cost per ticket sold is $8,400, according to StubHub. The range, as shown on StubHub, is anywhere from around $6,875 to as high as $22,907.

Per data from StubHub, California buyers have taken up 38 percent of all tickets sold as of Feb. 10. From Feb. 8-10, nearly 30 percent of all tickets sold on StubHub have gone off the market in that 72-hour window.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/super-bowl-tickets-2024-cheapest-expensive/ab7842bc251e9943372c726b

that's what I was basing it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for telling my uncle to stop "gifting" my daughter extravagant trips

UPDATE: AITA for telling my uncle to stop "gifting" my daughter extravagant trips
I remember this one really pissing me off. The very idea that she was shaming her uncle for not being able to afford these trips, when the actual problem is that he made a weird game out of lying to children and the whole family coddled him about it for years. What a loving weirdo!

How do I (26M) get my girlfriend (25f) to admit that she is pregnant??

quote:

tldr: My girlfriend is pregnant but refuses to acknowledge it and keeps denying it.

New account because I've had my main reddit for years and don't want it to be tainted by this godawful situation. I don't know what to do and nobody in my life has been able to help me. I'm lost. I can't write out everything that I've done to try and resolve this because of the character limit but I'll try and answer stuff in the replies.

I've been with my girlfriend 'Hannah' for 6 years and she is absolutely everything to me. There's nothing I don't love about her, she's just amazing. She's helped me through the hardest times in my life so far and I know I can say I've done the same for her. I also need to stress that she is a very intelligent, down to earth woman with no history of mental illness (to my knowledge) so it isn't possible that she just doesn't know she's pregnant and I have no clue why she's denying it. At this point I'm convinced that something is very very wrong with her but I don't know where to turn now.

I had suspicions in August/September last year when she was throwing up a lot. I'm a nurse so I work long hours and usually at night so when I'm at home she's asleep or at work but sometimes I would get home and go to bed as she was getting up for work and she would be sick 2-3 times before she left. I was concerned obviously and my first thought was either pregnancy or an eating disorder but she told me it was her eating the wrong things because of stress and triggering her IBS/GERD. I have IBS too and this is a common thing for me so I believed her. She was also fatigued and laying around the house during the day when I was home but she works a hard job too and I understood so it didn't faze me.

I got worried when her body started to change. At first I thought it was just weight gain which I didn't bring up because I honestly don't care, she's beautiful, I couldn't give a poo poo what her body looks like. I noticed when she was naked or wearing tighter clothing that her belly was starting to poke out more. I didn't say anything because I don't want to even imply that I thought negatively of her weight (and as an eating disorder sufferer I know that telling someone you're concerned can only push them deeper into it). After a few weeks I made up something about her nausea and asked again if she might be pregnant and she said she absolutely wasn't because of her birth control implant. She refused to take a test to reassure either of us and didn't talk to me for a couple of days so like an idiot I just let it go.

The bit that really concerned me was a month or so ago I think. We were cuddling really tight in bed (we always do this when we're actually in bed at the same time because we miss eachother) and Hannah was asleep but I wasn't yet and felt her stomach move against me. After it happened a couple of times I leaned away from her and couldn't see anything so I rested my hand on it and felt the baby moving around in her belly. I almost started crying and just woke her up and word vomited something like "Hannah, I know you're pregnant, you look pregnant and I just felt something move inside you, please go to the doctor tomorrow or at least take a test so I'm not going crazy". Idk how to explain it but she just. Looked at me? Then she said "It's nice to know that you think I'm fat" and told me I was just tired and to stop bringing it up or she'd have to rethink our relationship. I was loving baffled and she didn't talk to me for 2 days again and then it was like the conversation never happened.

I feel like I'm in the loving twilight zone. Hannah is so visibly pregnant, you can literally see her belly moving if you're looking for it but she keeps saying she isn't. I can't just leave her because something is so wrong with her right now that she clearly needs my support even if she won't acknowledge it. I don't know what to do to get her to talk to me, I can't force her to see a doctor or take a test and there's nobody I can call other than having her committed and I don't know what will happen to her if that happens. I just want her to tell me so we can do this together because I want to be a dad more than anything. Either she's pregnant and hiding it for some weird reason or I've lost the plot. I feel like I'm going insane and I love her so much and just want her to be OK again.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Kurieg posted:

AITA for moving out instead of sharing my living space which is causing a problem for my mom and her boyfriend?

My favorite part is "he tried to say she could do whatever she wanted in her house." Yep! She sure can! It doesn't seem to be working out for her too well, though, does it?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Zorak of Michigan posted:

My favorite part is "he tried to say she could do whatever she wanted in her house." Yep! She sure can! It doesn't seem to be working out for her too well, though, does it?

lol that reminds me of when I jokingly asked a friend who was a navigator on C-130s if they could do a barrel roll and he just said "of course, any plane can do anything, once"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember this one really pissing me off. The very idea that she was shaming her uncle for not being able to afford these trips, when the actual problem is that he made a weird game out of lying to children and the whole family coddled him about it for years. What a loving weirdo!

Some people take “It’s the thought that counts” to the extreme, like telling other people not to get the gift the person really wants because they’re going to get it for them. Of course, they won’t actually get it for them, but boy did it feel nice to tell everyone else that they would.

mystes
May 31, 2006

My favorite detail is describing wanting the thing that was already promised as a supposed gift (that nobody even asked to be promised) as "entitled"

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Halloween Jack posted:

Tell her your fetish is water sports, buy a pregnancy test and hide it under your shirt. Easy!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PancakeTransmission posted:

Tell her your fetish is water sports, buy a pregnancy test and hide it under your shirt. Easy!

I was going to give a flippant answer too ("wait 9 months") but this is actually pretty sad. She's probably taken the test already and is either so deep in denial she's delusional, setting the world's dumbest babytrap, or is afraid her super-religious family will freak out and destroy her life for this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Wow that's a weird one

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Halloween Jack posted:

I have so many questions/concerns :psyduck:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

PancakeTransmission posted:

(Shows her the test)
“It’s nice to know that you think I have Covid”

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bobstar posted:

(Shows her the test)
“It’s nice to know that you think I have Covid”

A novel coronavirus symptom indeed

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Patient zero of the new GRAVID-19 pandemic

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

mystes posted:

Wow that's a weird one

Is it though? Has no one else see the many, many stories of women not realizing/denying they are pregnant up until the very moment they give birth?

There was literally a TV show on this that ran for FOUR SEASONS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Didn%27t_Know_I_Was_Pregnant

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

"It's just piss a fetus," he insists

mystes
May 31, 2006

youknowthatoneguy posted:

Is it though? Has no one else see the many, many stories of women not realizing/denying they are pregnant up until the very moment they give birth?

yeah i had no idea, but googling it, apparently it's pretty common

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial_of_pregnancy

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

58 episodes??? :psyduck:

Yeah I know it's not uncommon, but why make 58 episodes of this?`Who would watch FOUR SEASONS of this?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I mean after the first episode the surprise has kinda been ruined, yeah?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Abject Horror posted:

Some women might believe fetal movements are their organs coming loose inside their body.

:stonk:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

mystes posted:

She didn't actually even cheat on him though. She slept with someone else when they had broken up before they got back together and her piece of poo poo husband gaslit her into thinking that was cheating on him

the holy poopacy posted:

The best part of that lede is buried even further when she reveals that the "cheating" happened while they were on a break in which her then-ex, now-husband, hopefully-soon-to-be-ex-again was plowing loads of strange, but he managed to convince her that this was cheating for her but not for him.

For a given value of "best."

oh absolutely to both

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

How did they make it last 4 seasons? Was she pregnant with quadruplets?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
different women each episode

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What in tarnation, I would have thought it was a giant fart stuck in my guts before I would even think that.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

the holy poopacy posted:

How did they make it last 4 seasons? Was she pregnant with quadruplets?

Great deep cut. Does anyone have that one handy?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

What in tarnation, I would have thought it was a giant fart stuck in my guts before I would even think that.

Anxiety is a weird thing and just kinda makes you invent bullshit. I've definitely had gas that I thought was heart issues.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I feel like it takes a really severe mental illness to ignore a pregnancy like that. Im saying this from a stupid body that has anxiety and a touch of the 'tism among other, more bodily annoying things.

I really hope all those women got help and hopefully got help rasing/dealing with the random babies that popped out. Like pregnancy is such an absolutely horror that I can not imagine it suddenly being sprung on me and me not diving off the nearest cliff.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Shanghaied posted:

58 episodes??? :psyduck:

Yeah I know it's not uncommon, but why make 58 episodes of this?`Who would watch FOUR SEASONS of this?
On the TV creator side, I assume it's dirt cheap to initially film, has absolutely zero long-term costs since you don't owe actor residuals, and is easy to re-show. Basically that the bar for "success" is so absurdly low that they kept adding extra seasons.

No idea who'd watch four seasons of it though.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

candidates for future seasons obvs

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Mama Doctor Jones on YouTube did some reaction videos to some of the episodes.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Sex Farm posted:

Great deep cut. Does anyone have that one handy?

AITA for asking wife to abort 1 twin

quote:

ok so i am a 45 yrs old male, she is 37 females. i came home from job. wife came home from a appointment with the doc. says twins. this was news to me. we had not considered the possibilly of twins. my wife was a bit nervous i can tell but excited by the surprise anyways. i start to feel like a raccoon in a room filled with rocking chairs, not sure if abortion is an option where i am. so i start doing research, we live in Alabama and my wife is a bit over 6 weeks pregnant. in Alabama abortion is legal until about 21 weeks. ok good, so, we have plenty of time to think. im a intellectual minded kind of person, talking things over helps me personally, even if she made up her mind on keeping the twins. its ok. i just want to talk about our options.

me: ok i want you to abort one of the twins as i am concerned about our fiscal wellbeing of having twins, how long you are going to be pregnant, the safety of the twins once born, our time spent into taking care of both twins, lots of potential fighting between twins, unwanted attention from strangers, double time spent if both twins get sick, never alone time with one child. it would seem logical to abort 1 of the twins. it is either that or we need to prepare for the outcome of twins. (these are all my points, backed up with strong arguments when i spoke to her).

her: agrees with financial point says we can talk about that, but rest of my reasons are stupid. says i am an idiot. (???)

me: i explain points again. if 1 twin sick, the other will 100% as they spend all their time together. first time parents, having 2 right away increases chances 1 gets hurt, twin proofing the house, and i go on with more back up arguments. it is all genuine concerns. we have a bit more back and forth, she is trying to shove my concerns, but all i want is a civil discussion, not to be verbally shoved and called stupid.

her: she starts crying. says im the biggest idiot on the planet. she says she knew something wasnt right. stuff like that. she starts shoving things in her purse and gets out of the house. goes to her mothers. all every dramatic and i am flabbergasted.

we had a very long discussion before pregnancy, but now that she is pregnant with unexpected twins i am not allowed to put anything in the tip jar? i reckon shell be back when she is hopefully is willin to talk. i am fretting over options going. we have lived our hole lifes in Alabama so we dont have any residence outside of here so if we need to leave the state for an abortion past 21 weeks, may not be allowed... i am fine with no abortion (honestly i prefer it, dont want her going through struggle of abortion) but this discussion must happen. i am all about open dialogue and sharing smart ideas. even if she has her mind set on having twins. am i the ahole in the context that i should not speak about abortion to a women who is pregnant? i want to chat while we still have our options on the stump...not fair for her to call me stupid for fretting over surprise twins.

Edit: making edit so people know, always mention twin. I think I ruined life that way. I still don't see how I am ahole as everyone says... Always mention twin.

quote:

how does it make sense for 1 baby needing 9 months but multiple babies only require a few months? sorry but there is a obvious flaw in ur logic. cite some studies if you are going to make claims like this.

​ridiculous.

quote:

it is up to the person making the claim to cite their sources.

​all i am saying is that if 1 baby takes 9 months to form, 2 babies do not also take 9 months to form. that goes against logic in my opinion.

​but again, i have personally never given birth and am not a doctor so i do not know the logistics to all of this, so i will admit i am speaking off the cuff, but logically can you see how it does not make sense?

​and how is this common knowledge? i have NEVER heard anyone say that twins take 9 months. where are you hearing this? i know that 9 months for 1 baby, so logically 2 babies is more than 9.

quote:

no no. i am absolutely okay with no intimacy while she is pregnant. but my expectation when i agreed was that she was having only 1 baby. now it is 2? does that not merit another discussion? when circumstances stand, so do plans. plans are only good if the circumstances fit.

it is true, i am not a doctor so my pregnancy information is lacking. please educate me if i have say anything incorrect i am open to any new information. but i am not lacking in communication skills. anyone who speaks to me understands me to the fullest extent. are you saying you are not understanding what i am saying? if it helps you i can try speaking pretentiously with capital letters but would that really make a difference with your level of understanding of my text?

here are the terms i agreed to: we discuss having baby. say it is something we both want. we discuss fiscal circumstances. it is clear that we can provide a good life for the baby. we go through school options, pre school, elementary and high school. i wanted home school so i my knowledge to the baby directly but wife had a smart idea and said we can do both home school and send to school. do practice math and history quizzes when the child gets home, etc. we also discussed things like piano lessons, we have a friend who's son can play the piano and i think it would be a good idea to have the kid try it out to see if they like it. if not, that is okay. i dont see much interest in piano so i would not blame my kid for not liking it. but wouldnt hurt for them to try right? we also talked about medical issues as the doctor mentioned it within the first week of our pregnancy that he would like very frequent visits to make sure the baby is healthy, says he is concerned a disability may be passed genetically. we did a lot of research into our family history, my side of the family says there is no history of mental illness that we are aware us, her side says the same. but obviously whether or not you have the heredity genes for it it could still happen, so we ensured that we the school we are sending our child too has the resources to help if it becomes a reality. we have also took the liberty of buying a few diapers (having it ready in our home just in case) and setting up a little room. i am doing some work in there so not ready yet but it should be ready when the baby or babies come.

as you can see we discussed a lot of things, ranging from education all to the way to medical issues. we were ready for ANYTHING except the only word that has never come up was "twin". i never consented to twins, neither did she. this was forced upon us. this warrants a discussion. so are you saying that she comes home and says she has twins but we never speak about it ever again?

i just want to give my kid, or kids everything they deserve. the best life possible. maybe we might struggle at the start with money but where u start up does not matter. you dont choose where you start life. but you choose where you end up.

quote:

that was what i had in mind before, but i have proven wrong. someone provided me with a scholarly article in another thread proving that i had the wrong idea. i was wrong on this specific issue.

i am assuming that this is part of my wife's reason for reacting very poorly towards me.

to explain my logic was that i thought it was similar to math and i did not take into account other factors.
1 +1 = 2
1 + 2 = 2
that does not make sense right? well that is how i viewed this situation. 1 baby was 9 months so i had the idea that every baby was another 9 months. but obviously as i have learned, other factors are at play.

we all live and experience our world in different ways. i had never heard the word twin in over 30 years, so how was i supposed to know? my life was focused on other things, not random factoids about a word i had not heard of in 30 years. so yeah, i messed up a lot with my way of thinking, but i now know and thats a step in the right direction for me. everyone learns something new everyday that another person has known since day 1. theres probably things i know that seem like common sense but no one in this thread would know. its all about pespective, hope you understand. sorry. cant blame a guy for asking questions in this era of fake news and propaganda everywhere. i could have accepted that twins are born 9 months the very first post i saw, but instead i kept asking questions and now i know a lot more about how it all works. healthy specialism is ok. we live, we learn, we love. we know nothing that we have not learned through experiences.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hughlander posted:

AITA for asking wife to abort 1 twin

I taste metal for some reason and I don't know why.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I know it's not the weird thing about that post but what is "I feel like a raccoon in a room full of rocking chairs" supposed to mean??

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Deformed Church posted:

I know it's not the weird thing about that post but what is "I feel like a raccoon in a room full of rocking chairs" supposed to mean??

I think it's about not wanting to get your tail crushed under one, and the use of that particular turn of phrase explains a lot.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

There is no evidence in the post OP is not a raccoon

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Deformed Church posted:

It means "I'm super nervous and I have to be careful what I say or do like I'm walking on eggshells" (I've usually heard it as "a long-tailed car in a room full of rocking chairs)

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

CitizenKain posted:

I taste metal for some reason and I don't know why.

:psyboom:

Like where do you even start?

quote:

im a intellectual minded kind of person

quote:

​all i am saying is that if 1 baby takes 9 months to form, 2 babies do not also take 9 months to form. that goes against logic in my opinion.

quote:

i wanted home school

Sounds like a real loving intellectual here!

Also "twin proofing the house," what does that even mean??? :psyduck: Like "ah but you see, with twins, one could stand on the shoulders of the other, so everything has to be really tall to be out of reach"???

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Shanghaied posted:

:psyboom:

Like where do you even start?

Sounds like a real loving intellectual here!

Also "twin proofing the house," what does that even mean??? :psyduck: Like "ah, but you see with twins, one could stand on the shoulders of the other, so everything has to be really tall to be out of reach"???

put all trench coats, fedora hats and false moustaches in locked cabinets to prevent a Vincent Adultman situation.

mystes
May 31, 2006

As we all know, you can produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant, and this is just a corollary of that

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
After my twins were born they often tricked me into thinking they were an older child when one would get on the other's shoulders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ken M. is funny because they keep it brief, this one just goes on and on