Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

smoobles posted:

this statement will surely quell any rumors or fears that Joe Biden is moments away from keeling over

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1757130644084449311

lol that the VP is a bigger agent of chaos than any chud podcaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I feel like I had a better idea of what Al Gore was up to when he was Vice President and I was 7.

I have no idea what Harris does. You just don't even see or hear from her, about anything.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

goddamn! lol

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What would you have the vice president say? "If the president dies I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm so not up for this."

Yeah I view a quote like that as basically saying "everything is running normally, including the backup systems in case X goes wrong".

Also, that single sentence in a single tweet doesn't give any context. If Harris called a presser to brag "Hey if Old Man Brandon kicks it I'M READY BABY PUT ME IN COACH" that's one thing, but if it's a single sentence in a longer statement amounting to reassuring people that things are normal then whatever. No biggie.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact they still let her speak despite being absolutely awful at it is hilarious

There was talk of yeeting her off the ticket a year ago, and nothing changed, so I can only assume some portion of the Dem base said they’d be mad if they did it in polls or something. :shrug:

But yeah, she’s so bad at this.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

No context tweet: Quotes three words from Harris

Goons: Holy poo poo she's so bad at speaking!!!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

It’s not like she’s a great orator and this is the one time she did something cringe. She’s consistently bad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Beastie posted:

I feel like I had a better idea of what Al Gore was up to when he was Vice President and I was 7.

I have no idea what Harris does. You just don't even see or hear from her, about anything.

Yeah, at least Gore ran the Internet.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

It’s not like she’s a great orator and this is the one time she did something cringe. She’s consistently bad.

Ok but not in the context of that tweet at all

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

kazil posted:

This guarantees a new Trump lol in 16 hours though

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1757171215221805060

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Full disclosure, I did not read these

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just watched the Usher halftime show on AppleTV (freaking cool, especially the roller skating segment) and kept lolling at the mental image of chuds latching on to any possible visual element that they could say was SATANIC (like the flaming round stage) to deflect from the obvious thing they want to say which is "why are all these black people in my halftime show"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:lmao: THE DISCLAIMER CLAUSE IS LIKE A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT, IRONCLAD!!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The source article from WSJ is paywalled, here’s a summary from Business Insider:

quote:

Vice President Kamala Harris in a recent interview said she was "ready to serve" as president amid voter concerns about President Joe Biden' age — which where only amplified after a special counsel's report last week raised questions about his mental acuity.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal just two days before Special Counsel Robert Hur released his report on Biden's handling of classified documents, Harris was asked if questions about the 81-year-old Biden's ability to serve for another term meant that she had to demonstrate to the electorate that she'd be ready to sit in the Oval Office.

"I am ready to serve. There's no question about that," Harris told The Journal.

The vice president then told the newspaper that people who've observed her job performance are "fully aware of my capacity to lead."

Might be a case of unfortunate timing, but… ugh.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Now Trunt claims the judge isn’t allowed to read any news stories about him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

The source article from WSJ is paywalled, here’s a summary from Business Insider:

Might be a case of unfortunate timing, but… ugh.
Looks more like message coordination to me

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man, if they somehow manage to fuckin' muddy the waters such that the electorate is flipping poo poo about Biden and MISHANDLED DOCUMENTS all summer while simultaneously managing to memory-hole the Trump documents because the case just disappears, fffff

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It looks like that lady did deliberate do devil horns and hold up a non-standard crucifix but I think we can all understand why.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Satanic hand gestures

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

There’s a dem super pac out there now compiling sizzle reels of trump just looking haggard and incoherently slurring his speech in all his rallies, ready to just bombard the airwaves with them when he locks up the nomination…right?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TremorX posted:

Behold, the great Donaldo!

:five:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Raku posted:

"Joe is fine."

So, lie

Sure yeah

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
If a black man becoming president made the Right lose their poo poo to this degree, just imagine what Kamala being sworn in will make them do.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yawn and then win the election?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

kazil posted:

lol he's catching some heat for his NATO comments

If the US sent the same percent of our GDP as military aid to Ukraine as some of the other NATO nations, this war would already be over.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kevyn posted:

Satanic hand gestures

Isn't that guy a loving Neo Nazi?

I think the younger guy beside him is, too.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Kevyn posted:

Satanic hand gestures

:lmao:

There’s always a tweet/recording/photograph…

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Me. I am dubbing it the Satantic Super Bowl. In fact, I am dubbing all sporting events the Satanic Whatever. Satanic Stanley Cup Playoffs. Satanic March Madness. Satanic Puppy Bowl.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
That picture really shows off how tiny his hands are too

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The drag fixation by the right was so funny because of the Trump/Rudy drag video. Like, of course he was a part of something that they villify so deeply and of course they could give a poo poo about that.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-ousted-kevin-mccarthy-complain-201806249.html

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Oh no, anyway. If the GOP goes bankrupt, even better.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Based on precedent he can just ignore this on the basis that the House isn't allowed to subpoena anything and only allowed to impeach him. Then it becomes the Senate's responsibility to subpoena evidence but they don't have to if they all decide they aren't gonna impeach him anyway, so no use in a trial.

Congressional investigators HATE this one weird trick.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Has turmbo actually Truthed out anything about the Super Bowl? When the Chiefs won in 2020 we got that hilarious tweet where he congratulated Kansas. Had he made a token statement like a normal president would do, or has one of his handlers filled him in on all the stupid culture war bullshit surrounding the game so he’s avoiding the topic like a coward?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kazil posted:

Your right this is actually good for Biden

Also look at this silly clip from trumps speech lol orange man bad

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It looks like that lady did deliberate do devil horns and hold up a non-standard crucifix but I think we can all understand why.

it's an unnatural cross, mark

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

The loving uncertainty about, well, everything to do with this upcoming election is driving me absolutely mad. I don't even particularly want Biden to win I just want Trump to loving lose and lose and lose and LOSE EVEN loving HARDER. I want to see him ruined. Destroyed. I want to see him die in absolute loving misery and keeps not loving happening.

It seems like all we get is just constant worry about the Democrats and goddamnit why can't anything straightforward and decisive ever loving happen? I'm getting legitimately really pissed off at how everything just seems to keep NOT happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Captain Fargle posted:

The loving uncertainty about, well, everything to do with this upcoming election is driving me absolutely mad. I don't even particularly want Biden to win I just want Trump to loving lose and lose and lose and LOSE EVEN loving HARDER. I want to see him ruined. Destroyed. I want to see him die in absolute loving misery and keeps not loving happening.

It seems like all we get is just constant worry about the Democrats and goddamnit why can't anything straightforward and decisive ever loving happen? I'm getting legitimately really pissed off at how everything just seems to keep NOT happening.
It rarely does. The media just likes Republicans better (lower taxes)