Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Persona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Let this be a lesson to the other giamatti fans

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

went to a 20th anniversary screening of The Room hosted by Greg Sestero and it was neat, he's pretty funny and candid about the movie but still holds respect for it and what it's become. had some good funny stories/behind the scenes stuff, too. wish he did more live commentary over the movie instead of letting extremely GBS guys have the floor to shout at the screen for most of the runtime but w/e. also seeing a snippet of the remake with Bob Odenkirk playing Tommy Wiseau's role felt like a whackass alternate universe. really oughta read Disaster Artist one of these days

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

went to a 20th anniversary screening of The Room hosted by Greg Sestero and it was neat, he's pretty funny and candid about the movie but still holds respect for it and what it's become. had some good funny stories/behind the scenes stuff, too. wish he did more live commentary over the movie instead of letting extremely GBS guys have the floor to shout at the screen for most of the runtime but w/e. also seeing a snippet of the remake with Bob Odenkirk playing Tommy Wiseau's role felt like a whackass alternate universe. really oughta read Disaster Artist one of these days

warned you bro

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre - possibly the worst title for a Hollywood movie I’ve ever seen. always down to watch Jason Statham cook for two hours, Josh hartnett was legitimately pretty funny, and I appreciated the glamorous locations and lack of cgi. Fun way to spend a couple hours

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

yes. its literally just the rocky horror picture show for GBS guys

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

buffalo all day posted:

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre - possibly the worst title for a Hollywood movie I’ve ever seen. always down to watch Jason Statham cook for two hours, Josh hartnett was legitimately pretty funny, and I appreciated the glamorous locations and lack of cgi. Fun way to spend a couple hours

I really liked Hugh Grant in this one, between this and the Dungeons and Dragons movie I’m enjoying his turn to slimy smarmy jerk roles.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

king poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

warned you bro

tmfc posted:

i know i know but i didn't think it'd be that egregious. whelp lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

symbolic posted:

king poo poo

It was dope. Excited to play the game now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

tmfc posted:

lol grim

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

good poo poo

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
paddington 2. perfect movie. 10/10

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

life aquatic. cried. beautiful movie

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

symbolic posted:

when they made a movie about the making-of tommy wisseau forbid them from portraying him as a creepy incompetant rear end in a top hat weirdo, so they just did a boilerplate seth rogen movie lol

----------------

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night. A deeply charming movie. It's all *extremely* Wes Anderson, but I dig his style, so it definitely hit for me. Mad respect for director who can develop and deploy such a coherent and consistent aesthetic language in his films. Also, love him or hate him, he's a master of shot composition and framing. Just a never ending sequence of gorgeous, almost painting-like scenes. And, of course, riddled with delightful performances by a bunch of excellent actors and a truly outstanding performance by Ralph Fiennes. Very enjoyable. A solid 4.5 / 5.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Poor Things.

I had high expectations and left very underwhelmed. The movie dragged on and i never felt invested in the characters. I did think it was pretty funny, and the costumes were delightful.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pawn

----------------

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kaguya-sama: Love is War s2. insanely good, have no idea how s3 could evidently be even better but i'm here for it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think 2 is better

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Poor Things.

I had high expectations and left very underwhelmed. The movie dragged on and i never felt invested in the characters. I did think it was pretty funny, and the costumes were delightful.

Just out of a showing and I thought it did drag a while but I really liked Bella, Max and Godwin and it was very hilarious, the theater loved it. I really liked the set designs and backgrounds as well, lovely movie, probs Lanthimos' second best.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’d be willing to watch it again but I still think Sacred Deer and The Favourite would rank higher

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Predator

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

exquisite movie

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Perfect movie.

Paid $20 to watch the loving Beekeper and I’d do it again. It owns. It owns!!!!!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Signs (2002) haven’t seen it in a long rear end time and the performances are really strange, but Tak Fujimoto was dp so it looks great and there are a couple really good scenes. Never realized Michael showalter had a cameo lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

Perfect movie.

Paid $20 to watch the loving Beekeper and I’d do it again. It owns. It owns!!!!!

was telling my friends to watch this last night

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

North by Northwest

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

Watched The Killer last night and rather enjoyed it. Not my favorite Fincher, but I thought it was rock solid. At first I thought the internal monologue narration would wear on me, but it really helped sell the core premise and added a nice layer to the storytelling. A couple of really good action sequences and lots of great hitman procedural material. I'm not fully sold on the performances, though. Fassbender keeps getting typecast as sociopaths and it works, but he has more range that I don't think he got to fully express here. Tilda Swinton is always a delight to see on screen, but feels criminally underutilized here. Anyhow, I think it's definitely worth a look, especially if you dig Fincher or Fassbender.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

saw The Thing in a local theatre. absolutely rules

----------------

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

John Wicks 1, 2, and 3. Can't believe I waited this long to watch these.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

John Wicks 1, 2, and 3. Can't believe I waited this long to watch these.

oh dude, 4 is so sick, only one that comes close to 1

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Fungah! posted:

oh dude, 4 is so sick, only one that comes close to 1

Yup, go see 4 right away. So drat good

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

4 isn't on streaming so I put a hold on the library copy immediately. Looking forward to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Libraries ftw :cheersdoge: