Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he also has worms in his rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Phil Spencer is going to bend the knee and allow all xbox employees to be enslaved by Sony or executed by miyamoto and youre all laughing?

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Lmao Apperantly this is getting announced in a Nintendo direct on the same day. The podcast is a post discussion meant to follow that up.

Also:

https://x.com/neogamespark/status/1757130359999733905?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

90sgamer posted:

Lmao Apperantly this is getting announced in a Nintendo direct on the same day. The podcast is a post discussion meant to follow that up.
What is getting announced in a Nintendo Direct? Quantum Break?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

QB ftw

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Wow, Quantum Break Guy in smash.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Goddamn the internet hype/rage machine is exhausting

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

Crows Turn Off posted:

What is getting announced in a Nintendo Direct? Quantum Break?

Xbox going third party.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hatty posted:

Phil Spencer is going to bend the knee and allow all xbox employees to be enslaved by Sony or executed by miyamoto and youre all laughing?

:(

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
Microsoft already laid off all the employees

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Miyamoto will allow Phil to finally port BOTW to X-Box, then immediately indenture all Microsoft employees for emulation.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

90sgamer posted:

Microsoft already laid off all the employees

Better than that time Bobby Kotick laid all of the employees

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts 2 for Nintendo Switch 2

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

raccoon.bmp posted:

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts 2 for Nintendo Switch 2

hell yeah

make a viva pinata game for switch 2 as well, maybe it'll actually sell there

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ruffian Price posted:

"Game Pass for Workgroups" never gets old

:lol:

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

hell yeah

make a viva pinata game for switch 2 as well, maybe it'll actually sell there

I'd pay good money for a good Fuzion Frenzy game. The Switch is an opportunity here

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

90sgamer posted:

Also:

https://x.com/neogamespark/status/1757130359999733905?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

The Crapgamer is Fighting…

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My craptank is fight

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hifi Rush will be featured in the Nintendo Direct.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

John F Bennett posted:

Hifi Rush will be featured in the Nintendo Direct.

I’m glad more people get to play this game.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Less exclusives are good actually. The console wars is a dumb loving idea in general, and the weird brand loyalty to Sony/MS/Nintendo is pretty embarrassing honestly.

Just make games, that's like it. I don't get how nerds overcomplicate this poo poo. It's like when they get into arguments about goddamn brands of video cards. Just play the games.

Also timegated exclusives have been a thing forever, and I doubt anyone is gonna be like "poo poo, I was gonna buy an Xbox for Starfield 2, but then I took a year and now it's on the Sonys and I guess I can't buy an Xbox any more." Everything that was gonna buy it would have by that point. Hell the fact people paid to play it a couple days early tells you they're in the right direction.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I hope the next Gears and Halo games are on PS5

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Some people are susceptible to marketing strategies that instil a fanatical zeal on behalf of the brand. It's the same way sports work, but for stupid nerds.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

External Organs posted:

Never knew Xbox had a podcast

I put it on as background noise and it's not too bad if you want to hear people talk about new stuff on the platform in under an hour.

It only gets 10k views except when Phils on it's more like 200k views.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

syntaxfunction posted:

Less exclusives are good actually. The console wars is a dumb loving idea in general, and the weird brand loyalty to Sony/MS/Nintendo is pretty embarrassing honestly.

Just make games, that's like it. I don't get how nerds overcomplicate this poo poo. It's like when they get into arguments about goddamn brands of video cards. Just play the games.

Also timegated exclusives have been a thing forever, and I doubt anyone is gonna be like "poo poo, I was gonna buy an Xbox for Starfield 2, but then I took a year and now it's on the Sonys and I guess I can't buy an Xbox any more." Everything that was gonna buy it would have by that point. Hell the fact people paid to play it a couple days early tells you they're in the right direction.

Pretty sure everyone who can will buy GTA VI on console and then again a year later when it comes out for pc

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Oh yeah, that too. The amount of people who repurchase games just to play them elsewhere seems really goddamn high. But point is they are gonna be missing sales because they essentially re-release a game a year later lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

webmeister posted:

Pretty sure everyone who can will buy GTA VI on console and then again a year later when it comes out for pc

Yep, i'm expecting GTA VI will be a 30fps cap on console, so will double dip on PC version. I wont like it, but im not waiting a year.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I said come in! posted:

Yep, i'm expecting GTA VI will be a 30fps cap on console, so will double dip on PC version. I wont like it, but im not waiting a year.

They play us like a drat fiddle!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Gamepass app on Switch when?

I would no joke love that but it would never happen.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Phil should’ve gone on the Jeff Gerstmann Show imho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
He should go on Joe Rogan that's where the potential Xbox fanbase resides.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Metro Exodus is on sale for just $6AUD/$4USD. It absolutely kicks rear end and i highly recommend it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Great game and it still looks amazing.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Digital Foundry reported it having literally the best lighting in a console game and honestly i agree with em

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The dlc is rear end so just get the base game

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Metro Exodus is on sale for just $6AUD/$4USD. It absolutely kicks rear end and i highly recommend it.
Agreed. By far the best in the series as well.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Digital Foundry reported it having literally the best lighting in a console game and honestly i agree with em

A good chunk of my playtime with this game has been messing around with the lighting, it feels like a full generation ahead. I don’t know how they pulled off ray traced GI at 60fps on this generation while nobody else can seemingly even sniff it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AndrewP posted:

I don’t know how they pulled off ray traced GI at 60fps on this generation while nobody else can seemingly even sniff it

hard-working devs

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

hard-working devs

That makes the other devs... lazy? :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Pumped as hell for GTA VI at 60fps on the next console gen. Or maybe the Xbox/PS Pro mid-gen consoles this year will somehow pull it off idk but either ways the game's gonna get rereleased at least twice.