Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

would it not be a whole lot easier to just hijack the towers? or at least eavesdrop on them?

edit oooh its some kind of scrapping thing. carry on!

Sleekly has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Feb 12, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

aluminum is a pretty hot commodity if you line up the right buyers

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a lizard man

Close encounters was disclosure.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

mediaphage posted:

keep meaning to visit the new shrooms store downtown

I'm afraid to even call the guy in our local paper. There's no way he isn't a cop, but ...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13074513/Military-whistleblowers-break-silence-UFO-missile-test.html

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

quote:

Major Florenze Mansmann

sorry, article is fake

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lmao this is the guy who repeatedly insulted bill nye during a larry king live broadcast. bill tried to spread some doubt about the guy's story and was immediately put in his place.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

this video sounds cool

quote:

The US military is in possession of a video of a UFO apparently disabling a nuclear warhead during a routine test, according to multiple former officials.

They claim the video in question captured a saucer-shaped craft circling the unarmed, dummy warhead shortly after it detached from the Atlas missile booster, then shooting four beams of light at the warhead, disabling it.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

i wonder if there's enough ufos to shut down all the nukes, hiding behind the moon or whatever. there's something like 12k warheads but they're largely on MIRV setups so there are 8+ warheads on a single missile, so maybe 2 or 4 thousand total icbms as a guess. that would require a pretty robust ufo fleet.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Barry Foster posted:

Dang I woulda taken at least some of that off your hands lol

Lol half the thread gets permabanned because instead of becoming an Aztec death cult it becomes a front for a drug smuggling cartel

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

But I am still desperate to try to do more in whatever ways I can so I am now asking those in here who practice any sort of mystic practice at all to turn their attention to Palestine today. Pray that other countries' civilians keep seeing what is happening to the people there and keep caring. Pray that everything they are suffering will become the bedrock for change and the development of a future that they deserve. Ask that they know they are not alone, that they will never be alone again. Demand justice.

My meditation skills are still rookie-level at best, but I promise you I did try. I tried my very best.

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Hatebag posted:

i wonder if there's enough ufos to shut down all the nukes, hiding behind the moon or whatever. there's something like 12k warheads but they're largely on MIRV setups so there are 8+ warheads on a single missile, so maybe 2 or 4 thousand total icbms as a guess. that would require a pretty robust ufo fleet.

If a ufo could travel faster than light would there need to be more than one?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hatebag posted:

it would but theres other ways to disable fission. a nuclear reaction is a very fragile thing. maybe theres a sort of panic button that does something not really noticble but which will mean any attempt will fail. a few more or less electrons in the air. slightly different charges and mixes of chemicals in the air. kind of like an artficial cloud or storm that wont allow unnatural nuclear reactions.

holy poo poo if that isnt an example of wishful thinking lol

poo poo is grim. keep your heads up and wings clean bird thread!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Hatebag posted:

this video sounds cool

Watch til the end

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hatebag posted:

What if they've already all been disabled

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

mr_jolly posted:

If a ufo could travel faster than light would there need to be more than one?

well I don't know how the anti-warhead lasers work, but if it took long enough to disable the 1964 warhead that they got a detailed video of the ufo, i think they'd need more than 1 ufo to get em all. icbms are only in space for a brief part of their journey. but who knows, maybe the aliens have improved their peace lasers since then

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Lol half the thread gets permabanned because instead of becoming an Aztec death cult it becomes a front for a drug smuggling cartel

you know the CIA doesn't have an operational alien craft cuz they would have used it for drug smuggling in the 80s instead of their lovely old C-130s

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Watch til the end

holy poo poo is that actually the video in question? that rules!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Hatebag posted:

holy poo poo is that actually the video in question? that rules!

I have no idea but I remember having seen that exact same video many years ago when browsing conspiracy forums

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now

Hatebag posted:

well I don't know how the anti-warhead lasers work, but if it took long enough to disable the 1964 warhead that they got a detailed video of the ufo, i think they'd need more than 1 ufo to get em all. icbms are only in space for a brief part of their journey. but who knows, maybe the aliens have improved their peace lasers since then

I've no idea either but it was just something i thought of when reading your post! Assuming ftl travel means you can get from point a to b instantaneously but your laser takes 3 seconds to disable a missile, how many missiles could be destroyed if there was a MAD exchange. I suppose if ufos are also able to traverse time then it'd only need one ufo but I'm pretty tired now to think about it all.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Zoobtro posted:

love these guys

Lol what a Mish Mash of random bone crap with metal and solid round things

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bilirubin posted:

Lol what a Mish Mash of random bone crap with metal and solid round things

Yeah, I'm not sure what "there's actual bones in there" is supposed to prove other than that someone has hosed up taxidermy skills.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Speaking of those advertisements. I have so much anger today about what happened in Rafah last night, clearly specifically timed so that news reports about the bombings and murders would be concealed from Americans beneath breathless headlines about the Superbowl and celebrities. I usually work this anger into some kind of action or sense of purpose but today it is nearly paralytic and the sense of it just churning away uselessly inside of me is just making me angrier.

Perhaps I cannot connect to my Deity partner today to turn this anger into usable energy because They are already putting Their full attention on protecting and comforting the people who are having atrocities committed upon them. If that is the case that is great, that is ideal. But I am still desperate to try to do more in whatever ways I can so I am now asking those in here who practice any sort of mystic practice at all to turn their attention to Palestine today. Pray that other countries' civilians keep seeing what is happening to the people there and keep caring. Pray that everything they are suffering will become the bedrock for change and the development of a future that they deserve. Ask that they know they are not alone, that they will never be alone again. Demand justice.

When you visit the ontologic places, bring pieces back with you. The leaves, the stones, the stars. Build magic here. We are desperate for assistance. The Gods beg for purpose. Give it to Them.

Yeah this genocide of ours (I’m American) is very depressing- I got a steel amulet of Abu Obaida from Jordan- and have been keeping it in my pocket when I say my prayers. There’s not much locally I can do, there isn’t even a mosque to bring food or something to show support within a few hours of me. Anyway, the final drawing in my current series is drawn as a kind of spell to wish Hamas luck in their struggle for self-determination against the same general fuckers who have their boot on my neck.

I began with a tarot draw- 10 of swords, ace of wands, six of wands, and finally justice. In the center is a glass pyramid with the seed of a new world being incubated in the wastes of the old. It’s not done yet but I wanted to reply to you

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

How! posted:

Yeah this genocide of ours (I’m American) is very depressing- I got a steel amulet of Abu Obaida from Jordan- and have been keeping it in my pocket when I say my prayers. There’s not much locally I can do, there isn’t even a mosque to bring food or something to show support within a few hours of me. Anyway, the final drawing in my current series is drawn as a kind of spell to wish Hamas luck in their struggle for self-determination against the same general fuckers who have their boot on my neck.

I began with a tarot draw- 10 of swords, ace of wands, six of wands, and finally justice. In the center is a glass pyramid with the seed of a new world being incubated in the wastes of the old. It’s not done yet but I wanted to reply to you

That's dope. Thank you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the nuke connection is explicitly how we can know for sure all this stuff is being sequestered by military extremists

"they disabled our warheads, clearly this is a warning that they can and will kill us with no hesitation" and not just... hey stop blowing each other up you stupid loving apes, you can use this technology to fuel your world

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

the nuke connection is explicitly how we can know for sure all this stuff is being sequestered by military extremists

"they disabled our warheads, clearly this is a warning that they can and will kill us with no hesitation" and not just... hey stop blowing each other up you stupid loving apes, you can use this technology to fuel your world

well both of those are assumptions. they coulda been trying to have sex with the nuke, we just don't know

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't think it's a disclosure attempt, I think it just speaks to that the population is more interested in the topic than before.

Agreed

Klingon w Bowl Cut posted:

I'm glad you brought this up because my deities (some of whom are stars or similar) actually had a lot to say about this when I did a reading on Sunday. I hadn't done a divination rite since the Death tarot card one in this thread. This time I incorporated even more steps into the ritual, including more handwashing and not eating meat beforehand, and there was a commensurate increase in power as I breathed the incense and rolled the dice. The first card I rolled to draw was actually Death again. But as I sat with that, I categorically rejected going down the same old paths as last time. I demanded a reroll from the cosmos, and my higher powers granted me one. This time I got 18- The Moon, which often signifies confusion, being lost in the night. But I took the reroll situation to mean I should read this draw differently than normal, maybe reversed. And some of the reversed meanings of The Moon I found stuck out to me.

"In the dark of night, you are taking a path you are unsure of, for there could be danger lurking in its depths. The moon's light can bring you clarity and understanding, and you should allow your intuition to guide you through the darkness."

"The forces that are bringing you confusion are starting to dissipate. You have started managing your fears and anxiety. Whatever negative energies you have been facing are slowly fading away. It presents a liberating experience as you discover the positive side of things."

My Zen book roll was a 6, leading me to page 186, an author's note about the experience of enlightenment in the Zen tradition:

To die completely and then come back to life. A new phase of the moon. Liberation. There is a version of a vow of the bodhisattvas that I've seen translated like this:

Liberation is coming I feel, for us and for them. I hope this gift from the realms beyond helps.

A Solid post

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Speaking of those advertisements. I have so much anger today about what happened in Rafah last night, clearly specifically timed so that news reports about the bombings and murders would be concealed from Americans beneath breathless headlines about the Superbowl and celebrities. I usually work this anger into some kind of action or sense of purpose but today it is nearly paralytic and the sense of it just churning away uselessly inside of me is just making me angrier.

Perhaps I cannot connect to my Deity partner today to turn this anger into usable energy because They are already putting Their full attention on protecting and comforting the people who are having atrocities committed upon them. If that is the case that is great, that is ideal. But I am still desperate to try to do more in whatever ways I can so I am now asking those in here who practice any sort of mystic practice at all to turn their attention to Palestine today. Pray that other countries' civilians keep seeing what is happening to the people there and keep caring. Pray that everything they are suffering will become the bedrock for change and the development of a future that they deserve. Ask that they know they are not alone, that they will never be alone again. Demand justice.

When you visit the ontologic places, bring pieces back with you. The leaves, the stones, the stars. Build magic here. We are desperate for assistance. The Gods beg for purpose. Give it to Them.

Same. I'm distressed to the nines, and having a pretty hard time thinking of anything else.

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

thank you bird and klingon for articulating what i have been feeling as a weird dull haze lately. seen lots of gross religious opinions in too many places. trying to do productive work has been a mess i keep screwing up simple tasks, having trouble getting some food plants started for summer. have been trying to do wild yeast bread starters and have been failing since december, i'll get bubbles for two or three refreshes and then it just stops growing. i read you have to keep stirring it every day even when it looks like it failed and i think that is finally working. went outside and saw the first leaves of jute plants starting and it gave me some small feeling of hope trying to send out positive vibes from them.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Hatebag posted:

well both of those are assumptions. they coulda been trying to have sex with the nuke, we just don't know

da nuk fuk

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Hatebag posted:

this video sounds cool

Pretty sure that's been posted here, or at least a recreation if it. The one where it's a missile in flight and a saucer bounces around it and zaps it with a beam.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

most of nuclear arsenal was scrapped for parts anyway.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
That nuke had a dummy warhead for testing purposes, right? maybe the ufo was like "woah hold up... wait what the poo poo is this?"

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah this was the recreation, there's another video posted here recently that I can't find that looked real.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1756389342031872000/pu/vid/avc1/1280x720/EfUkGoRS9sZmzES3.mp4?tag=15

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

This is the closest I can find at the moment. It was this video without the stupid scanline effects on it. This only shows the first zap, iirc it keeps going and zaps it 4 or 5 times.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1641963496697937920/pu/vid/944x720/3Zvk7S3cUEFffoII.mp4?tag=12

Here's more of it, with some EDM beats added because why not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT3VtnEv55c

I know I have this somewhere in my 600GB of videos.

Pooky has issued a correction as of 02:48 on Feb 13, 2024

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Pooky posted:

This is the closest I can find at the moment. It was this video without the stupid scanline effects on it. This only shows the first zap, iirc it keeps going and zaps it 4 or 5 times.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1641963496697937920/pu/vid/944x720/3Zvk7S3cUEFffoII.mp4?tag=12

thank you for your service, pooky

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Pooky posted:

I get down on UFOs as just another grift and then I see this or reread the bhagavid ghita

anyway. I’m not happy with how my latest art turned out- but I needed to finish it for personal reasons. I’m sure it will coalesce into something good later.

We are all on this world for a moment- will we save a life or destroy one? I think that’s the only test. The center cannot hold etc etc

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:)

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

How! posted:

anyway. I’m not happy with how my latest art turned out- but I needed to finish it for personal reasons. I’m sure it will coalesce into something good later.

could have fooled me

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Pooky posted:

could have fooled me

you all seriously make me cry <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Pooky posted:

could have fooled me

well, we're all our own worst critic as they say. we see a cool piece of art but we're not privy to how successfully the artist matched their inner and outer worlds

their stuff is always so good and tightly executed, i love all of them tho.