Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://sharkrobot.com/collections/vivziepop
valentines day drop. some ok stuff. might get a mug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://sharkrobot.com/collections/vivziepop
valentines day drop. some ok stuff. might get a mug

Omg Mammon's spindly rear end little legs and clown shoes. He's just become even more hilarious as a design.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Omg Mammon's spindly rear end little legs and clown shoes. He's just become even more hilarious as a design.

They're not spindly, just stripy.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

They're not spindly, just stripy.

*squints* Oh I see it now. The white stripes made it a little confusing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

pik_d posted:

Oh cool, not too far. Is there any fear that Helluva Boss will be shunted to Prime at some point?

It's a four season planned show and we're in season two already. They have a plan for it. If not a gist of the story beats until it finishes.

From what's been said they want to keep it as it's own little thing. If you move it to Prime a bunch of things would need to be checked and done and it's a lot of time and effort.

Keeping it as it's own little thing also helps ensure they can do whatever they want and not worry about potential Amazon influence or issues that might arise.

I don't expect any cross over until after it's done, once it is I could see some of them showing up here or there in guest spots in Hazbin but that's it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Last Call posted:

It's a four season planned show and we're in season two already. They have a plan for it. If not a gist of the story beats until it finishes.

From what's been said they want to keep it as it's own little thing. If you move it to Prime a bunch of things would need to be checked and done and it's a lot of time and effort.

Keeping it as it's own little thing also helps ensure they can do whatever they want and not worry about potential Amazon influence or issues that might arise.

I don't expect any cross over until after it's done, once it is I could see some of them showing up here or there in guest spots in Hazbin but that's it.

this. for a petty example. Amazon means while you will probably be able to sell hazbin stuff in big stores, you will have way way less freedom to pick artists and etc for the work. like notice how almost all the horny stuff on the shark robot store is just helluva boss now, outside 1 or 2 reprints of older designs. hell no non horny stuff either outside like 2 recolored shirts. all the amazon hazbin stuff looks like garbage.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so like. I'm trying to figure out how Heaven is sorted for a fanfic, and from what I can tell canonically it's like this:

- Elders of Heaven
- Seraphim
- Exorcists
- Virtues somewhere???
- Winners/mortal souls, who can become Exorcists
- Heavenborn, like the Cherubs

I've decided on stuff I'm gonna add, as the delay between seasons means I have to basically go my own way on a lot of stuff:

- God, the creator of the universe and heavenborn angels, who is mostly absent doing his own thing and nobody knows what the gently caress his current deal is. No one realizes this, but he's the one deciding where everyone goes after they die, which is why the reasons appear arbitrary. Changes appearance based on who he is speaking to.
- Elders of Heaven, the ones who oversee the cosmos in God's absence and assign/create lower ranking angels and decide on actions affecting the cosmos, such as what to create or not or whether angels are exiled. Includes the Arcangels. Lucifer was one of the Arcangels before his fall. I want to include Michael as Lucifer's opposite number, who is a grim, "for the greater good" type, who leads the Elders. They are roughly analogous to the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Seraphim, with Sera as the protector of Heaven, and Emily, who oversees the day to day running of heaven and the happiness of its residents. Very rarely can a mortal soul ascend to the rank of Seraphim, With one example being Sir Pentious.
- Ophanim, the lawmakers of Heaven, aka the folks we saw in the heavenly court
- Exorcists. Exorcists are Winners who are chosen by Adam to join their ranks, all female. In doing so, they forsake their mortal life and memories, and receive new names from Adam. This is how Vaggie can be Salvadoran AND an Exorcist.
- Virtues, Winner angels who work for Emily in keeping heaven happy. One did the do with Adam.
- Winners, who can become Ophanim, Exorcists or Virtues.
- Heavenborn cherubs and Guardian Angels, who operate on Earth or in Heaven for various tasks

While I'm at it, here's what I'm doing with the remaining Seven Deadly Sins. I've decided to make them up whole cloth, since again, animation takes a while, beyond basing them off what hints we've gotten in canon:

* - Satan - Creator of and resembles imps. A muscular body builder who has had to work hard to control his anger issues. Runs a popular chain of gyms, as hinted by the "Satan's Gym" app on Blitzo's phone. Thematically the circus strongman.
* - Belphegor - Creator of and resembles Baphomets. A skilled doctor despite being an extremely huge lazy stoner. Basically in charge of Hell's medical infrastructure, which is why it's so loving slow and inefficient. Very "drunken master" when confronted in a fight, thus making her the contortionist.
* - Leviathan - Creator of the fish/shark demons like Chaz, I call them Dagans. Resembles a cross between an eel and a hammerhead shark, dresses in a dark pinstriped suit with a wide hat and cane. Actually very short, shorter than Lucifer, and wears very tall platform shoes. Thematically the circus promoter.

What do you guys think? Anything you'd like to submit, or suggest?

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Feb 13, 2024

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nodosaur posted:

so like. I'm trying to figure out how Heaven is sorted for a fanfic, and from what I can tell canonically it's like this:

- Elders of Heaven
- Seraphim
- Exorcists
- Virtues somewhere???
- Winners/mortal souls, who can become Exorcists
- Heavenborn, like the Cherubs

I've decided on stuff I'm gonna add, as the delay between seasons means I have to basically go my own way on a lot of stuff:

- God, the creator of the universe and heavenborn angels, who is mostly absent doing his own thing and nobody knows what the gently caress his current deal is. No one realizes this, but he's the one deciding where everyone goes after they die, which is why the reasons appear arbitrary. Changes appearance based on who he is speaking to.
- Elders of Heaven, the ones who oversee the cosmos in God's absence and assign/create lower ranking angels and decide on actions affecting the cosmos, such as what to create or not or whether angels are exiled. Includes the Arcangels. Lucifer was one of the Arcangels before his fall. I want to include Michael as Lucifer's opposite number, who is a grim, "for the greater good" type, who leads the Elders. They are roughly analogous to the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Seraphim, with Sera as the protector of Heaven, and Emily, who oversees the day to day running of heaven and the happiness of its residents. Very rarely can a mortal soul ascend to the rank of Seraphim, With one example being Sir Pentious.
- Ophanim, the lawmakers of Heaven, aka the folks we saw in the heavenly court
- Exorcists. Exorcists are Winners who are chosen by Adam to join their ranks, all female. In doing so, they forsake their mortal life and memories, and receive new names from Adam. This is how Vaggie can be Salvadoran AND an Exorcist.
- Virtues, Winner angels who work for Emily in keeping heaven happy. One did the do with Adam.
- Winners, who can become Ophanim, Exorcists or Virtues.
- Heavenborn cherubs and Guardian Angels, who operate on Earth or in Heaven for various tasks

While I'm at it, here's what I'm doing with the remaining Seven Deadly Sins. I've decided to make them up whole cloth, since again, animation takes a while, beyond basing them off what hints we've gotten in canon:

* - Satan - Creator of and resembles imps. A muscular body builder who has had to work hard to control his anger issues. Runs a popular chain of gyms, as hinted by the "Satan's Gym" app on Blitzo's phone. Thematically the circus strongman.
* - Belphegor - Creator of and resembles Baphomets. A skilled doctor despite being an extremely huge lazy stoner. Basically in charge of Hell's medical infrastructure, which is why it's so loving slow and inefficient. Very "drunken master" when confronted in a fight, thus making her the contortionist.
* - Leviathan - Creator of the fish/shark demons like Chad, I call them Dagans. Resembles a cross between an eel and a hammerhead shark, dresses in a dark pinstriped suit with a wide hat and cane. Actually very short, shorter than Lucifer, and wears very tall platform shoes. Thematically the circus promoter.

What do you guys think? Anything you'd like to submit, or suggest?

Seems fine to me. Frankly I'm down for people doing whatever they like in the time between reveals of hierarchy and sin designs.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Flopsy posted:

Seems fine to me. Frankly I'm down for people doing whatever they like in the time between reveals of hierarchy and sin designs.

Cool, thanks.

Also I forgot to mention that Satan is pissed he always gets Lucifer’s mail.

Edit - I’m trying to think of a race that inhabits the Greed ring, but I also like the idea that Mammon is so creatively sterile he can’t come up with anything on his own.

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 13, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Last Call posted:

At the very least I think Lucifer’s got a good chance of showing up in HB eventually (same goes for the Sins in Hazbin though we’ll likely meet the last 3 in Boss first)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lucifer is at least mentioned in HB already. He’s the owner of the amusement park Loo Loo Land is infringing on

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nodosaur posted:

Cool, thanks.

Also I forgot to mention that Satan is pissed he always gets Lucifer’s mail.

Edit - I’m trying to think of a race that inhabits the Greed ring, but I also like the idea that Mammon is so creatively sterile he can’t come up with anything on his own.

The shark people seem to be Greed's native species. Heh, loan sharks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The shark people seem to be Greed's native species. Heh, loan sharks.

I assumed the sharks belonged to Leviathan/Envy but that makes sense too

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m having them be from the Envy ring. Water and sharks and all. Some of them are drawn to the Greed ring, like the Knolastnames being from Wrath originally.

Envy ring is like a resort that looks nice at first until you find out everything is weirdly damp and not up to code

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Being the sin of Envy I’d also imagine Leviathan having a big inferiority complex and bullshitting a lot to make herself look better (which would go well with her being the promoter of Lucifer’s circus)

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Officially Leviathan is meant to be very "traditional" in her appearance (so big sea serpent monster) but I wouldn't let that stop your fanfic. It certainly sounds like a good idea regardless to portray Envy the way you're thinking.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 13, 2024

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

...Leviathan is a girl? Has that been mentioned in the show?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Nodosaur posted:

...Leviathan is a girl? Has that been mentioned in the show?

It has come up in creator chat about the sins on twitter I think, it's the same reason we know Satan looks like a big traditional demon with muscles (so an imp but large). For what it's worth Leviathan being female comes up in actual abrahamic faith writings, the Book of Enoch 60:7-8/60:7-9.

She's the only Sin in actual Abrahamic faith to really be female in fact, the others are all male (and had to be genderswapped in HB). My guess is that it's meant to have balanced out, 4 males (Lucifer, Asmodeus, Mammon, Satan) and 3 females (Leviathan, Beelzebub, Belphegor). With Lilith technically sharing the same position as Lucifer in the hierarchy.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, see above

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh drat.

So imagine basically everything I described above but a girl I guess.

I can't have her fan casting be Katt Williams now ig.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
There's a lot of potential plots, story beats and characters mentioned in the last few years via interviews and other stuff Viv took part in.

Like Charlies ex. In case anyone is wondering, she's bi. In her younger days she dated a guy for a number of years, that's why Lucifer was surprised she was dating a woman. Speaking of Lucifer, did you know he and Lilith were talked about as often switching? In case you were wondering how they were.

Likewise we actually know of a character who is suppose to check into the hotel, probably next season. The character has been designed, named and a friendship even already thought up for with another in the hotel.

Now if everything comes to pass can be a different matter. A lot of these things have potentially existed for years now. Things change. Kinda like how Vaggie was originally Angel Dust girlfriend.

The original version of Charlie is so different than what she is now that version has been said to be her own character.

Each of the characters have been tweaked and changed over time.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah, I know about Baxter and Seviathan. They, Seviathan's sister Helsa, and a hyena demon named Crymini from the planning material become new guests for the hotel in my fic (Helsa is being forced to be there by their dad, who is threatening to cut her off, and Seviathan wants to win Charlie back). I'm still figuring out what I'm gonna have Crymini's deal be but I have very specific ideas for Baxter.

An "original character" (in air quotes because it's a historical figure) is the agent of the Elders of Heaven, Jeanne d'arc, who I chose specifically because she was said to hear from Michael and Gabriel in her lifetime. She joins Emily and Pentious as ambassadors to Hell (Pentious is there because Sera and the Elders want him out of heaven asap), and while she believes in redemption, she has ridiculously rigid standards for it. She'll have dove characteristics because that was one of her symbols, and her rigid standards will lead to Charlie re-evaluating what she wants to do. She eventually comes around (begrudgingly) and becomes one of Adam's allies in heaven.

Adam mcfucking hated her because she saw him as the rampant sinner she was and turned down his attempt to get her into the exorcists. She also received two wings, and that drove Adam loving crazy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Making my way through HB, getting about to where I need a thread to read peeking through fingers.

Truth Seekers is :tviv:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nodosaur posted:

Lucifer is at least mentioned in HB already. He’s the owner of the amusement park Loo Loo Land is infringing on

Loo Loo Land?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the amusement park they go to in an earliest episode

it's a rip off of Lucifer's own park, Lulu Land

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Sorry, I was doing a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laWmOHsOJnU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nodosaur posted:

the amusement park they go to in an earliest episode

it's a rip off of Lucifer's own park, Lulu Land

Lucifer having his own theme park makes so much more sense now he's actually been introduced.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
This is a civillized thread.

We do not do bits here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgP8Vlx9kas

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lucifer having his own theme park makes so much more sense now he's actually been introduced.

yeah, I have it that he's had to hand off running it due to his depression/apathy towards sinners, though

still figuring out who though cuz Mammon has been ripping him off. Maybe some nobody Lucifer kicks out now that he cares again so I can do a "You've done an excellent job with this place! Now you're fired" gag.

...dare I make it actually be Disney himself?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

If you're going full fanfic with it, do it, that sounds hilarious.

For some reason I'm picturing Leviathan being a passive aggressive Karen.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lucifer comes back and Walt has turned Lulu Land into a dystopian kingdom like Disney planned for Epcot

quote:

For some reason I'm picturing Leviathan being a passive aggressive Karen.

Oh definitely. She has a rivalry with Lucifer and is always giving him back handed comments.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Given that the majority of the Sins are actually OK-to-nice people, I can imagine Leviathan being an embodiment of healthy(ish) competition. Maybe she's just big sea serpent Goku?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Naaaaaah. I already described what they're like above.

They're not evil, they're just incredibly insecure. Mammon is the only Sin I plan to make an out an out jackass.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
We've seen they can take different forms so they probably go with whatever they prefer most or is beneficial to move around in most.

Not that they all do so, see big lizard overlord lady.

Some might have restrictions on them.

Even common sinners appear to be able to change to a more demonic or normal version. Ie: Katie Killjoy

Makes you question how many can do that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I was more generally spitballing speculation on what they'll end up being like in the show. Leviathan will surely be a major contrast to Velvette, at least, just as Asmodeus contrasts Valentino.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’d actually be surprised if Bel doesn’t wind up being a stoner of some kind in canon, it just makes sense

Also I forget, have we ever seen a sinner in either show that still looks human or do they all look like monsters of some kind (Cherri might be the closest one I can think of but even she’s still a cyclops)?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

I’d actually be surprised if Bel doesn’t wind up being a stoner of some kind in canon, it just makes sense

Also have we ever seen a sinner in the show that still looks human or do they all look like monsters of some kind (Cherri might be the closest one I can think of but even she’s still a cyclops).

I think the cannibals are about as close as it gets, and they have their own... quirks.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

I think the cannibals are about as close as it gets, and they have their own... quirks.

Oh yeah, them too

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm having the Cannibals be the natural inhabitants of the Pride ring to explain why they look all alike.

The reason why exorcists tried to kill them in stuff like Vaggie's flashback is because they'd "mix them up" with sinners and Lucifer was deep in his apathy phase

So that's an unwritten law of the show I'm changing re: Rosie; you don't have to be a sinner to be an Overlord.

I'm actually having Zestial turn out to be something ridiculously old pretending to be a sinner in this too. Have to go my own way on stuff, yanno?

EDIT - am I talking too much about this? I don't want to annoy people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Nah you're fine we're not gonna get more official stuff for a while and we can discuss official stuff anyway.

As for who is running Lulu Land, I'd say if you wanna go for a deep cut use "Legion".

I'm also pretty sure Zestiel isn't a mortal sinner, some of the stuff around him is suspicious enough that I'm guessing he's a Fallen Angel, and not one of the Winners like Adam (and presumably Vaggie) but an actual heavenborn being like Lucifer etc.

Word of God will hide things that are meant to be surprise reveals. Vaggie's mortal life was detailed, the fact she was a Mortal Soul Sent to Heaven and became an exorcist was not. So Zestiel being something different (and whatever is going on with Alastor's Voodoo) are very obvious mysteries to me that at least in the first case have an easy angle for an answer.

Especially if the Goetia are fallen Angels too (Sera and Emily have a birdlike appearance that they change to more human one) then Zestiel's appearance is very suspicious with how similar it is to Lucifer in basic structure. Plus wings are pretty rare on sinners I feel. To the point where anyone with wings is suspicious to me (Husker included).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 13, 2024