Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

No joke, the Charlie Brown From Outta Town style angle is one of my favourite dumb wrestling things, and it's been too long since we had one.

it needs to come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i want tony menaced by a strange masked wrestler

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i want tony menaced by a strange masked wrestler

His name is Evil Uno.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Elias got over big on NXT as Vagabundo the night before he got called up

*el Vagabundo

https://youtu.be/XqGQ6C3tT1M?si=OozX87INGe1F3bQ9

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

No joke, the Charlie Brown From Outta Town style angle is one of my favourite dumb wrestling things, and it's been too long since we had one.

I doubt you can do it as loser leaves town given modern fans but feels like something you could do after a heavy injury angle and it'd work

Ofc now watch Jay White do some New Japan dates as Captain New Japan now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The thing is, those angles are always predicated on the fans being in on it. Like, the whole point is that it's blatant and obvious but the heel can't prove it's the face.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Hefty Leftist posted:

you know what you need to do Tony

buy Club La Vela

I will say nothing but good things if Tony brings back Club La Vela and pool spots.

Also, if they get the AEW DYNAMITE GRILL at the MGM GRAND

featuring Orange Chicken Cassidy, Flanhausen, Jericho APPreciation Society (sampler pack), and Hangman Adam Page Flat Iron Steak (because they ran out of puns)

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

AEW Dynamite at the Mall of America and Cody walks back in like Lex Luger

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Brian Danielson should win the AEW world title before he switches to being a part time special attraction.

He doesn't need the title at all but Tony is crazy for not taking the opportunity to add maybe the best wrestler who ever lived to his title lineage.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

For how often the world champ wrestles no reason Danielson can't be world champ when he's semi retired

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

He's just gonna beat Eddie for da belts

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Darby calling out the California Cabal on TV. He'll be found dead soon.......... 😔

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Darby calling out the California Cabal on TV. He'll be found dead soon.......... 😔

He's already half dead tho

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Half dead - Full dead = Negative half dead

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Most Power Alex posted:

Half dead - Full dead = Negative half dead

Wait. That should be Half dead + Full Dead = One and half dead. My death math is terrible :(

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One and a half dead - that's like in frighteners where if you die as a ghost you go to heaven or hell

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Dynamite Main Eventer Matt Taven

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
My homie Lil' One and a Half Dead

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hirez posted:

Dynamite Main Eventer Matt Taven

That head first dive into the table.

And i don't even know what happened to Orange.

That match loving escalated quickly after the break.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Shard posted:

One and a half dead - that's like in frighteners where if you die as a ghost you go to heaven or hell

Dead dead dead dead deadly dead dead dead oooh deeeeeeeaaaaad

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

MJeff posted:

if he goes missing in the death zone on mt everest, you know what really happened.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I really enjoy AEW, but I loving hate Orange Cassidy - and Eddie Kingstons shticks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

goons identify with them because they're massive losers so you will get killed for that opinion but that's what this is for

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Pillowpants posted:

I really enjoy AEW, but I loving hate Orange Cassidy - and Eddie Kingstons shticks.

What about their schticks do you hate I'm very curious

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

eddie has been doing the crybaby underdog passive-aggressive thing for too long

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

that's dumb

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

goons identify with them because they're massive losers so you will get killed for that opinion but that's what this is for

They’re both champions right now. Not very good losers Imo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

agreed, eddie should change his schtick!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

eddie has been doing the crybaby underdog passive-aggressive thing for too long

he should be a no nonsense rear end kicker

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Beaten Dogs don't stop being beaten dogs because they suddenly find themselves on top.
Eddie will never stop seeing himself as an underdog or 'king of the bums' because he spent so long being that that being champion barely feels real to him.
He still sees himself as the guy who sucks and has depression. At least on some level.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eddie still whining about respect and basically just doing a re-run of his previous story with Bryan AFTER he beat him and validated himself by winning the triple crown is mildly cringe. Pretty clearly just trying to spin out this feud for one extra PPV cycle and while I'm not gonna complain about another Bryan vs. Kingston match, they should've gotten more creative with it than just repeating the same beats.

Cassidy has mostly just been spinning his wheels since he dropped the belt to Moxley because Moxley had to go and shoot drop the title. It'd be nice if he dropped the International Title to Strong and then moved up the card.

ChrisBTY posted:

Beaten Dogs don't stop being beaten dogs because they suddenly find themselves on top.
Eddie will never stop seeing himself as an underdog or 'king of the bums' because he spent so long being that that being champion barely feels real to him.
He still sees himself as the guy who sucks and has depression. At least on some level.

Cool, but this a fictional story and I would like to see character development.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It's real for Eddie

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think some of us need to develop a little character before asking it of others

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I had to double check but two guys getting tied in a feud and having a third match is really normal and good sports based wrestling.

Leave that poo poo in Japan, gross. This is an American promotion

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I hate Eddie's dumb looking chops and OC just does nothing for me. Mox and Eddie have really made me have go way heat the more I see them. Mox is cringe as gently caress and is only cool if you're 7 and Eddie looks like he should be cleaning a bathroom but somehow i'm supposed to believe Cesaro can't mop the floor with him.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

i disagree with everything you just typed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Cornette thread and the Hell thread are approaching a singularity.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

how am i supposed to believe in a guy if he's not like a boogeyman or something

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mox got kick pads now which don’t look great all the time but look way better than when he was just “man in a pair of dickies with some hot topic iron on patches”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

The Cornette thread and the Hell thread are approaching a singularity.

Nah