Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I once read someone describe content creators as priests trying to interpret the will of a capricious god and I think about that a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

1stGear posted:

I once read someone describe content creators as priests trying to interpret the will of a capricious god and I think about that a lot.

Algorithm Akbar

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Decrepus posted:

Unalive//youtube all human\\animals

Acknowledge//submit

Interlinked.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

1stGear posted:

The best one is that on TikTok almost every single video has #fyp #foryou #foryoupage because a rumor was created that the algorithm favored those tags, and now it's reinforced because all the most viral videos have those tags on them, because all the big content creators are doing it.

It's a bit like worrying about eating food if you don't pray first - best to not risk it!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

theflyingorc posted:

The best one is that on TikTok almost every single video has #fyp #foryou #foryoupage because a rumor was created that the algorithm favored those tags, and now it's reinforced because all the most viral videos have those tags on them, because all the big content creators are doing it.

It's a bit like worrying about eating food if you don't pray first - best to not risk it!

This reminds me of when I was trying to sell my Magic: The Gathering cards on eBay in the 00s. A friend of mine had one of those weird businesses where you cosign things over, like she sells it and would give you most of the profit? She showed me the ad and it was loving obnoxious. I told her, take down that "L@@K" thing. I don't want L@@K on my ad. It's stupid and obnoxious. She's like, you absolutely will not sell anything if it doesn't have L@@K on it. You might as well write nothing if it doesn't have L@@K.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

credburn posted:

So glad after all this time the AI still can't read "unalive"

It's too complex a word

e: I've pointed this out before, but a YouTube documentary about Nazis where they're not allowed to say Nazis is absolutely absurd and indicative that the algorithm thing is stupid and broken.

What if you call them Narzis? It's about narcissists, leave me alone AIgorithm!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lobok posted:

Algorithm Akbar

Insh'algorithmah

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

1stGear posted:

It is known that the Omnissiah enlivens//nourishes//promotes our enterprises//content creation//mission with His Motive Force through Machine Spirits. Performing sacred rites to appease Machine Spirits is crucial//prerequisite to success.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

That's why every piece of content now says "unalived" instead of "killed" or "died", they think the word kill destroys you in the algorithm.

If you’re destroyed in the algorithm you’re destroyed irl

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

1stGear posted:

What are priests, otherwise?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lobok posted:

Algorithm Akbar

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

dialhforhero posted:

What are priests, otherwise?
Mods.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

that's not fair, there's not nearly been enough pedo mods for this comparison

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
It sucks that humanity spent millennia not saying certain words out loud in case the Fey Folk came and stole the baby; and as soon we emerged from the smothering shroud of superstition we immediately set about making it REAL

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

`Nemesis posted:

that's not fair, there's not nearly been enough pedo mods for this comparison

And unlike the church we actually excommunicate our bad mods

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Milo and POTUS posted:

And unlike the church we actually excommunicate our bad mods

:hmmyes:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Then we must dethrone and kill God Google and Facebook.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
(audio)

https://i.imgur.com/5572Ht8.mp4

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Jesus Christ I hope that guys ok

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

sick of Applebees posted:

He's a bit horse.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

I don't.

gently caress all those people.

Shoving a bar into a horse's mouth, yanking it around, kicking it and beating it to make it do stupid loving walks, all those people deserve to be trampled.

edit: though I did do a quick google to see whether or not drisage is very cruel to horses and I did read that "owners who love and respect their horses will never use brutal methods to train them." I guess I can't verify whether the person in the video was a lover and respecter of horses but probably not.

e2: really, any time an animal does an impressive thing, it's usually because if it doesn't it'll get beat.

credburn has a new favorite as of 07:26 on Feb 13, 2024

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
Jesus Christ I hope credburn's ok

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I can't speak to current methods, but I know they used to teach horses that high-stepping technique by shaving down their hooves too far so it was uncomfortable for the horse and encouraged it to be constantly picking up its feet. That, and making tiny cuts in it's ankles and rubbing diesel/peppers/irritants into the cuts to get the feet stepping higher, so....

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

credburn posted:

I don't.

gently caress all those people.

Shoving a bar into a horse's mouth, yanking it around, kicking it and beating it to make it do stupid loving walks, all those people deserve to be trampled.

edit: though I did do a quick google to see whether or not drisage is very cruel to horses and I did read that "owners who love and respect their horses will never use brutal methods to train them." I guess I can't verify whether the person in the video was a lover and respecter of horses but probably not.

I think OP was referring to the poor guitar player who was playing his gig and got stomped by a horse he probably didn't even know and had nothing to do with mentally/physically scarring it. I hope he's ok too. He (the guitar player, not the horse or rider) got up and ran away, so chances are good.

Sir Nose has a new favorite as of 07:28 on Feb 13, 2024

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Poor freckles, thought of amps and died

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
See everybody in 5 pages

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
If I knew that's what they do to make horses do that silly walk AND knew the guitar player was the person who did that poo poo to the horse, then I wouldn't care so much, but I have my doubts as to his involvement there

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can't believe he kicked that boy

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Garrand posted:

:golfclap:

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Also

Garrand posted:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Nutsak posted:

He's a bit horse.

I saw this and this invaded my brain so I made it and now you all have to see it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Garrand posted:

lol

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Listen, the bond between horse and rider is a profound union of souls, built upon mutual respect and admiration. The spikes in the mouth help too.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

JosephSkunk posted:

I don't think he was to begin with

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

JosephSkunk posted:

Credburn owners shove a bar into a credburns mouth, yanking it around, kicking it and beating it to make it do posts, all those people deserve to be trampled.

Also yeah probably not okay. :(

edit: though I did do a quick google to see whether or not Credburn posting is very cruel to Credburns and I did read that "owners who love and respect their credburns will never use brutal methods to train them.

e2: really, any time a Credburn does an impressive post, it's usually because if it doesn't it'll get beat.

dr_rat has a new favorite as of 11:06 on Feb 13, 2024

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

This is very very clearly referring to the guitar player. Yknow, the guy that got decked by a horse. As opposed to the horse rider that nothing happened to. Wth credburn.

You could say your cred(ability) is...burn(t)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Helios Grime posted:

I don't think he was to begin with

Yeah that ship has sailed

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Tree Bucket posted:

Listen, the bond between horse and rider is a profound union of souls, built upon mutual respect and admiration. The spikes in the mouth help too.

Both points are wrong. We hate each other and we actually give them fun little fidget spinners to play with in their mouths.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

credburn posted:

edit: though I did do a quick google to see whether or not drisage is very cruel to horses and I did read that "owners who love and respect their horses will never use brutal methods to train them."

Yeah but what about owners who really want to win their horse dancing contests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah but what about owners who really want to win their horse dancing contests?

Enter a Mr. Ed style horse and just tell it you'll split the winnings 50/50?