Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

There's stories out right now saying it's gonna be a buddy cop style meeting ala Lethal Weapon.

What is this movie gonna be.

Incredibly loving dumb and stupid and a mess.

I’ll still be there day 1 tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

There's stories out right now saying it's gonna be a buddy cop style meeting ala Lethal Weapon.

What is this movie gonna be.

God I hope so because that sounds insanely stupid in the best way possible

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Monsterverse has basically turned into King Kong movies with special guest appearance by Godzilla.

This is still acceptable.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Now if they could just figure out what to do with all the human guest characters...

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Muscle Tracer posted:

Now if they could just figure out what to do with all the human guest characters...

If they're going to take inspiration from Lethal Weapon, maybe Joe Pesci is available?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just so you know I am not loving around:

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/godzilla-x-kong-new-empire-buddy-cop-dynamic-lethal-weapon-exclusive/
Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire’s ‘Buddy-Cop’ Dynamic Is Inspired By Lethal Weapon – Exclusive Image

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Does it open with Godzilla stuck to the toilet because it has a bomb on it

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

site posted:

Does it open with Godzilla stuck to the toilet because it has a bomb on it

:f5:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Godzilla and Kong teaming up to investigate some poo poo goin down in hollow earth to gently caress up kaiju criminals sounds dope af

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

INT.
HOLLOW EARTH - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Godzilla: Everybody thinks I'm suicidal, in which case I'm hosed and nobody wants to rampage with me.

Or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case… I'm hosed and nobody wants to rampage with me. Basically, I'm hosed.

Kong rolls eyes and audibly groans

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

If they're going to go full goof they should bring back the speech bubbles from vs. Gigan

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Legendary Goji was giving off this vibe back in G’14 and he’s still at it a decade later…

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Godzilla is soaking in an enormous hot spring lake with a bristly beard, which he shaves after his first scene.

quote:

As well as working together, both Godzilla and Kong are facing their own evolutions this time – with big stakes for Kong (“There’s a personal journey that Kong’s going through,” Wingard teases) and a literal pink glow-up for Godzilla. “This is his version of a training routine,” he says of the big lizard’s transformation. “I’m really big into Shaw Brothers martial arts. Those films are always about, ‘Here’s a big threat, and you have to do all these things to pump yourself up so that you can take on that threat.’” Get ready for a monster-load of bang for your buck. “You’re gonna see lots of different versions of Godzilla in this movie.” Sound the kaiju alarm.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Godzilla is soaking in an enormous hot spring lake with a bristly beard, which he shaves after his first scene.

It's unfortunate that this is launching so close to Minus One because it makes Wingard's take sound loving awful.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I like Wingard a lot as a director but that sounds like he's sugar-coating a "to sell toys" decision.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That’s also a really weird reductive way to describe Shaw Bros stuff.

Wingard sounds like an absolute tool in every interview tbh.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am going to try remaining positive so it doesn't kill the vibe. But man... I might need to get high.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I got bad vibes the moment I saw Kong’s robot glove

I mean of course I’m hoping for the best—I loved the big dumb fun of GvK—but this is looking like it might be on the wrong side of the Transformers equation

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like Wingard a lot as a director but that sounds like he's sugar-coating a "to sell toys" decision.

More Godzilla toys is a good thing

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Quality not quantity.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nope

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We already got a good Godzilla movie I'm ok with now having a reallly stupid Godzilla movie.

The wonderful thing about Godzilla is that it can effortlessly do both.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CelticPredator posted:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

dochermes
Feb 5, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

I give it four years before the MONSTER JUSTICE LEAGUE. Godzilla, Kong, Rodan, Mothra and Barugon meet in the Hall of Justice (or outside in the parking lot) to face the challenge of Mecha-Rabbit.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

CelticPredator posted:

My dinosaur family hungers for new additions

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I ran out of room on my shelf for godzilla stuff but I need to make room for a -1 figure and if there's a cool pink zilla figure I'll probably get one of those too even if the movie sucks.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

hosed up there hasn't been a good model kit line yet

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

dochermes posted:

I give it four years before the MONSTER JUSTICE LEAGUE. Godzilla, Kong, Rodan, Mothra and Barugon meet in the Hall of Justice (or outside in the parking lot) to face the challenge of Mecha-Rabbit.

This is hypothetically what KotM was going to be, just they forgot to actually have Godzilla fight any of the other monsters.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

hosed up there hasn't been a good model kit line yet

For real. Although idk if Godzilla would look good as a model kit. Too many seam lines.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

For real. Although idk if Godzilla would look good as a model kit. Too many seam lines.

They could hide the seams in the texture of the skin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

dochermes posted:

Godzilla, Kong, Rodan, Mothra and Barugon meet in the Hall of Justice (or outside in the parking lot) to face the challenge of Mecha-Rabbit.

Godzilla vs Five Nights At Freddies?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

Oh poo poo, there’s already one Mechagodzilla built on the bones of a dead Godzilla, why not five mecha________s built on the bones of dead monsters?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arc Hammer posted:

Honestly would barely even be a stretch, we've already gotten at least one animatronic that reaches into the lower end of what could be called a Kaiju, and the way Monsterverse MechaGodzilla works in relation to King Ghidorah's remains* isn't all that far off from how the concept of Remnant in FNAF works either

*or for that matter Kiryu or the Godzilla Skeleton from Singular Point

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, there’s already one Mechagodzilla built on the bones of a dead Godzilla, why not five mecha________s built on the bones of dead monsters?

For whatever reason I'm now thinking of Space Jam except Godzilla gets teleported to space to battle Mecha MonStars and he needs a team of his own Kaiju and Michael Jordan to defeat then in a kaiju battle royale

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’ve been trying to think of a way to make a joke about them getting Air Bud onto their kaiju basketball team but landed on the idea of the bad guys making a Mecha Air Bud from the bones of the original.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s also a really weird reductive way to describe Shaw Bros stuff.

Yea but now I want a kaiju Heroic Bloodshed movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mr E posted:

if there's a cool pink zilla figure I'll probably get one of those too even if the movie sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfv1u2PBeU

If it actually makes the WOM WOMWOM WOM WOM WOM noises as it gradually lights up I'm gonna have to buy one of these