Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sakurazuka posted:

FeMC was good and they should put her back in something

She did appear in Persona Q2, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are your final moments still with Aigis or can it be any of your romantic partners, or just SEES members? I forget how FES and P3P handled it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In P3P that was NG+ only, so it doesn't really matter for a fresh run anyway

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are your final moments still with Aigis or can it be any of your romantic partners, or just SEES members? I forget how FES and P3P handled it.

IIRC you run into your LI during the final scene along with Aigis already there.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

they should go back and patch out the female mc from portable, just put this nightmare to an end

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

FES was just aigis, P3P was SEES but only on NG+ for some reason

i haven't 100% confirmed this but I've seen a clip from the ending of reload and it was an anime cutscene so, well, it's probably just aigis

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got Aigis

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Feeling that Yugoslavia tonight.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Been a minute since I played it but isn't a big aspect of Yukari's slow rolling meltdown in The Answer that she's hugely resentful of Aigis getting to be the only one who was with the MC when they died?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sydin posted:

Been a minute since I played it but isn't a big aspect of Yukari's slow rolling meltdown in The Answer that she's hugely resentful of Aigis getting to be the only one who was with the MC when they died?

Yeah and it's cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Strega is for sure getting more to do given that I about to fight a boss alongside Takaya

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I like that you can ask him why he's always shirtless and he just gets mad at you. Don't remember if you could do that in FES.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that scene wasn’t present in reload

it’s looking like I just might be able to max all social links with about 3 days to spare. all I have left is Aigis

had to skip nearly all of koromaru’s hangouts but I was able to pick up the others

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Shinjiro and Ken’s linked episodes were really good.

Koromaru though, unfortunately, isn’t much. Like he’s still best boy but his episodes are more or less just his SL from the FeMC side, with slightly less substance.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Shinjiro and Ken’s linked episodes were really good.

Koromaru though, unfortunately, isn’t much. Like he’s still best boy but his episodes are more or less just his SL from the FeMC side, with slightly less substance.

this might be because he is a dog

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

ImpAtom posted:

Just replace Joker with FemJoker

Man, those cool school uniforms were wasted on that game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Honestly I really prefer the tired system. It's really dislike the SP management early game of the newer personas. So generic RPGish.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
do you think that Reload's new battle mechanics like non-skill-list passives and Theurgy, and probably more in Metaphor, are being used to seed ground/test things out for shake-ups in Persona 6/SMT 6/etc?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Probably not

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Neeksy posted:

Man, those cool school uniforms were wasted on that game.

they werent. they were there to bait ppl like u

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

what megaten had the worst school uniforms

i elect the really bad ones from smt if

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If uniforms were great, giant bows and blazers. P1 has the worst just boring grey

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I like the really tiny bowties on the P5 ones. Like I can just imagine they hired a tailor to engineer the smallest bows that could possibly be made and still be recognized as such.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Gaius Marius posted:

If uniforms were great, giant bows and blazers. P1 has the worst just boring grey

the if uniforms may have accessories, but they have those awful stripes at the pants/skirts

p1s are p boring too but at least they're inoffensive

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

that scene wasn’t present in reload

it’s looking like I just might be able to max all social links with about 3 days to spare. all I have left is Aigis

had to skip nearly all of koromaru’s hangouts but I was able to pick up the others

I play reload and I asked him why is he shirtless

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Booky posted:

what megaten had the worst school uniforms

i elect the really bad ones from smt if

If's uniforms fukken rule. Those trousers are funky as heck and I love 'em.

Persona 1's uniforms are probably my least favorite, but they're not bad so much as just really plain save for the cute ermine logo.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sekenr posted:

I play reload and I asked him why is he shirtless

I misspoke, that scene was added for reload. it wasn’t in the original

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Can I date a boy?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haha

No

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Junpei posted:

do you think that Reload's new battle mechanics like non-skill-list passives and Theurgy, and probably more in Metaphor, are being used to seed ground/test things out for shake-ups in Persona 6/SMT 6/etc?

they already had nonskill list passives in P4/5 with the party social links giving benefits in combat. i dunno if it adds a whole lot of variety, the theurgy stuff is interesting but also just a 'i would be mostly useless in this combat otherwise' feel to me, or 'i dont want to figure out what element works on this golden hand'

related i have like 6 theurgies on the MC and so far the most useful was the pyrojack/jack frost almighty/high knockdown one b/c you can get it pretty early, and another that uses siegfried/uhh guy that is growing out of a rock that is a group massive slash damage since it, apparently, benefits from having slash amp on your active persona. it does like 3k for me

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think the Theurgies are all useful, though some more than others:

Yukari: probably the 'weakest' theurgy in that it doesn't add a lot, you just use it if she has a spare turn.
Junpei: nice for big damage turns especially after a shift, physical theurgies being able to crit make them a bit better than magic ones in my opinion.
Akihiko: it's a group damage theurgy so has use on group encounters.
Mitsuru: another big damage option especially after Concentrate since it's stronger than Bufudyne. It's plain but Mitsuru works better with 'just DPS' than most characters. Until she learns Concentrate though it's kind of just there similar to Yukari/Ken.
Aigis: group damage theurgy. Orgia Mode can be a mixed bag but the defense buffs are nice at least. Physical theurgy so it can crit.
Koromaru: 1st one is kind of just there, similar to Yukari/Ken. Second one is the real interesting one and can be used for really big burst turns.
Ken: similar to Yukari, but Ken can charge his much faster if you keep him below 50% SP and then he can just chunk this for free damage.
Shinjiro: plain damage but really good considering Bloody Charge.

And then there's Fuuka who's up there with MC as super strong.

I'd probably tier them as:

Versatility at its finest: MC
Still really good: Fuuka
Great: Shinjiro, Koromaru
Good: Junpei, Akihiko, Aigis
Slightly below average: Mitsuru
It's There: Yukari, Ken

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

harabah block :staredog:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The actual moment to moment gameplay is not particularly good and Metis sucks but I really like the way the rest of the cast works even if it breaks peoples brains wondering why Yukari is lashing out and being mean lol.

She was goated for that

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think the Theurgies are all useful, though some more than others:

Yukari: probably the 'weakest' theurgy in that it doesn't add a lot, you just use it if she has a spare turn.
Junpei: nice for big damage turns especially after a shift, physical theurgies being able to crit make them a bit better than magic ones in my opinion.
Akihiko: it's a group damage theurgy so has use on group encounters.
Mitsuru: another big damage option especially after Concentrate since it's stronger than Bufudyne. It's plain but Mitsuru works better with 'just DPS' than most characters. Until she learns Concentrate though it's kind of just there similar to Yukari/Ken.
Aigis: group damage theurgy. Orgia Mode can be a mixed bag but the defense buffs are nice at least. Physical theurgy so it can crit.
Koromaru: 1st one is kind of just there, similar to Yukari/Ken. Second one is the real interesting one and can be used for really big burst turns.
Ken: similar to Yukari, but Ken can charge his much faster if you keep him below 50% SP and then he can just chunk this for free damage.
Shinjiro: plain damage but really good considering Bloody Charge.

And then there's Fuuka who's up there with MC as super strong.

I'd probably tier them as:

Versatility at its finest: MC
Still really good: Fuuka
Great: Shinjiro, Koromaru
Good: Junpei, Akihiko, Aigis
Slightly below average: Mitsuru
It's There: Yukari, Ken

yukari gets like half a bar from using media once, though. for me i'm able to use hers like 3-4 times as often as anyone else's

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

yukari gets like half a bar from using media once, though. for me i'm able to use hers like 3-4 times as often as anyone else's

that will change as soon as you play some edutainment games

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
My issue with the passives is that they decided to keep Physical split into 3 damage types, each with a dedicated Boost/Amp skill.
Also, there's new passives that auto-apply elemental resistance for 3 turns at the start of a battle - which, again, Wall skills exist. At least auto-Tarukaja lets you mess up trash mobs, but the utility of this seems really limited.

in other words, just before I could actually get into P3 reload, SMT 3 HD went on sale and oops

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Emperor is my first max link this time around. dude gave me plenty of notes every time without extra hangouts. curious what everyone else maxed first

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it was emperor for me too

maxed all links on 1/29, no guide. I forgot that mitsuru’s available on pre-exam weeks, which was enough to let me inch over the line with the dating site passes

still way too restrictive in my opinion, especially with how often the game playfully takes away days or weeks of school time all the way to the end of the calendar. even if you were on NG+ I’m not sure how much more time you could free up, unless you skipped unique hangouts as well

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jon Irenicus posted:

Emperor is my first max link this time around. dude gave me plenty of notes every time without extra hangouts. curious what everyone else maxed first

Tanaka due to spreading everyone out so far. Emperor will likely be finished soon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hermit was my first max mostly because they're only available on Sundays so I always prioritized them, followed closely by Devil and Tower because they occupy much less competitive night time slots.