Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I want a masterpiece rocklord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I loved those rock guys, I'm really glad they're doing them. I liked Stonedar best though.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Just found out the Ikea detolf has been discontinued, which is a bummer for me because I already have three, and if my collection of nerd poo poo expands I won't be able to getting matching displays.
It was somebody in this thread that recommended them to begin with. This seems to be the replacement. It has built in lighting though, which is nice.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh that looks much nicer than the detolf.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

deoju posted:

Just found out the Ikea detolf has been discontinued, which is a bummer for me because I already have three, and if my collection of nerd poo poo expands I won't be able to getting matching displays.
It was somebody in this thread that recommended them to begin with. This seems to be the replacement. It has built in lighting though, which is nice.

Yeah this was covered in the past and we shared your dismay. I just picked one up last week but didnt assemble it yet. The lighted version just has a puck light that goes at the top and you can buy that separately. The drawback of that lighting is that the top shelf of stuff usually blocks the bottom shelves from getting light. The upside is that the edges can hide strip lighting better than the detolf did. I'm starting with one cabinet to see how I like it before getting more or finding another option.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Glad I got all eight of mine over a period of a few years, and all before they shot the price way up. Don't think I paid more than $79 for any of them.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
On the subject of shelving, was there a consensus on which shelf thing will hold the haslab ghost? I remember hearing about one they used in a video, but it didn't seem to me like it would fit the whole ship on top.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nanigans posted:

Glad I got all eight of mine over a period of a few years, and all before they shot the price way up. Don't think I paid more than $79 for any of them.
yeah same, I got 6 and I think that is plenty enough. I think they were 65 or so when I got them, too. Well worth it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Kingtheninja posted:

On the subject of shelving, was there a consensus on which shelf thing will hold the haslab ghost? I remember hearing about one they used in a video, but it didn't seem to me like it would fit the whole ship on top.
I measured my Fabrikor.

The good news is that it would fit the ghost's advertised 28"x34.5"x13" size. The bad news is that it would be tight and the frame would obscure display and you'd have to figure a way to mount it vertically.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Endless Mike posted:

If anyone has any 1/12 scale chairs they need filled, BBTS has Mezco Darkseid on sale https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/73130?o=10

Anyone have pics of this Darkseid next to the Mafex Hush Superman?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Finally, miniature KFC food items.

https://vxtwitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1757075899290190334?t=g6hV4XuQo4pyejsEVz23hg&s=19

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Jada have put out images of a few new Street Fighter figures including DHALSIM!

This guy is real high on my personal wish list, and looks great. Love the swappable limbs.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Anyone have pics of this Darkseid next to the Mafex Hush Superman?

Got them off my shelf to take the pic:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Good news! I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of Shadows, and I am no longer a TMNT fan. Turns out those Turtles can be really annoying. I will not be purchasing any more sets of Turtles..

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Good news! I watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of Shadows, and I am no longer a TMNT fan. Turns out those Turtles can be really annoying. I will not be purchasing any more sets of Turtles..

Paging Vintersong...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Out of the Shadows sucks so much so I can see that. :cheeky:

But it can be worse:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Lencho posted:

Got them off my shelf to take the pic:

Holy poo poo that Darkseid is massive.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Holy poo poo that Darkseid is massive.

I think it's more that that Superman is tiny. It's the only thing I don't like about that Superman, he's very small for a 6" figure. He just doesn't quite have the presence I want a Superman to have.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think I’ve asked before, but is there currently a good Superman in the style of Frank Quitely or anyone else who draws him in more of a barrel-chested golden age kind of way? Not really interested in the super ripped rage-face Jim Lee kind of figures Supes usually gets.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Gripweed posted:

You had a good run. See you in a few months when Jason Aaron takes over the TMNT comic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Come back for the MM series!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I think I’ve asked before, but is there currently a good Superman in the style of Frank Quitely or anyone else who draws him in more of a barrel-chested golden age kind of way? Not really interested in the super ripped rage-face Jim Lee kind of figures Supes usually gets.

There were All-Star Superman figures of at least Superman and Super Lois. I remember them looking nice but having that super limited articulation of those old DC collectors toys.

edit:

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Feb 13, 2024

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The un-licensed Kindom Come Supes by BMS has a very well defined brawny body, but you could make it work with a different headsculpt. In contrast, the upcoming Gong KC Superman is waaaay too ripped for that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Captain Invictus posted:

I want a masterpiece rocklord

If not made out of 80% rock we riot.

Got my Gi Joe Classified Eel today, and it looks great. It really has one of the best designs in all of GI Joe. Got no doub tthe retro version of them will be even better and probably include a gun as well.

Also got my Proton wand! As a Ghostbusters fan it's a blast to have one to actually hold. It's so neat. The switches and everything. I only need to get some batteries for it. I want to hear those sounds baby.

Speaking of Joes, did someone say leaks?

For those who liked themselves some Slaughtes Marauders now renamed Mad Marauders for reasons there you go.

The two pack is Low Light and Spirit.

We did know we were getting something from that subline as one had been listed as MM. If you want to compare the original color scheme/designs here you go:

Not very good in my opinion. I do like Low LIghts and Spirits new MM color scheme as it's not all over the place and makes some sense at least. Slaughter on the other hand is, yeah.

Confession time, I never liked Slaughter in GI Joes very much. He always came off as out of place to me, but I blame that on being a WWF fan way back in the day as well.

Also we got a few new listings:
GIJ CS BB - Daria DLX - G0848
GIJ CS BB - Salvadore - G0849
GIJ CS Retro AN - Pinky
GIJ CS Retro AN - Brain
GIJ CS Retro AN - Elmyra
GIJ CS Legacy RR - Tommy - G0964

Could Daraia DLX there be for Nemesis Enforcer since he's such a big guy? And if it is, does the other BB mean another Cobra La figure? Pythona mayber?

The real curious one is the last with Legacy listed. We never seen that before. What could be a Legacy? More figures of old 60/s and 70's Joe toys?

Rumors are heating up that we will get two new vehicle announcements at the end of the month on the 29th.
One is the Thunder Machine. And the other? The Snow Cat! Neither are considered Haslabs.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I've been making my own shelving to complete the little areas of my action figure corner of the basement. I have five detolfs but don't think I will want more. Keep seeing them on FB marketplace for $50 so check there if you want one.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've been thinking my Marvel Legends collection could use a Deadpool, and looking at some options out there, and coincidentally, today BBTS put up new preorders for a couple of Deadpools. They look to be reissues of older figures though.

The Deadpools from the Juggernaut and Sasquatch waves are not too hard to get at reasonable prices, and I think I like them better than the reissued ones on offer.

Anyone have opinions about the best ML Deadpool? Or have one you want to sell, even?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The best ML one is the movie one.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The movie one can't be had at any kind of reasonable price, unfortunately. I presume there will be another release of that to go with the upcoming third movie, and I'll probably get one at that point. I'm really trying to stick to collecting comics-based Marvel figures though, for the most part, so that's more what I'm looking at.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Deadpool/Bob SDCC is my favorite regular Marvel Legends Deadpool; modern articulation and lots of accessories and hands makes for a great figure. The retro card one is the best ML Deadpool to keep in packaging and hang on a wall. The best wacky costume ML is Pirate Deadpool, which is not a great toy but lots of fun in spite of that; runner up in this category is the pink heart boxers Deadpool, especially if you get him a soft goods robe.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They’ll probably announce some new Deadpool ML’s before the movie comes out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The movie one can't be had at any kind of reasonable price, unfortunately. I presume there will be another release of that to go with the upcoming third movie, and I'll probably get one at that point. I'm really trying to stick to collecting comics-based Marvel figures though, for the most part, so that's more what I'm looking at.

There will probably be one before the new movie but I do fear you got into this game way too late lol.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've been thinking my Marvel Legends collection could use a Deadpool, and looking at some options out there, and coincidentally, today BBTS put up new preorders for a couple of Deadpools. They look to be reissues of older figures though.

The Deadpools from the Juggernaut and Sasquatch waves are not too hard to get at reasonable prices, and I think I like them better than the reissued ones on offer.

Anyone have opinions about the best ML Deadpool? Or have one you want to sell, even?

I've had a spare from the Sasquatch wave just sitting around forever. If you'd be satisfied with that version, PM me your address and I'm happy to just send him your way.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

funtax posted:

I've had a spare from the Sasquatch wave just sitting around forever. If you'd be satisfied with that version, PM me your address and I'm happy to just send him your way.

That's great news, I'd be delighted with that version! I'll PM you.

Edit:

CelticPredator posted:

There will probably be one before the new movie but I do fear you got into this game way too late lol.

I got into Marvel Legends too late in general, and I've had to pay out the rear end for certain essential characters. Deadpool is one that is obviously going to keep coming back around though, he's one of the most popular Marvel characters at this point. If I want the movie version I can just wait for the next one.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 14, 2024

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Breathing a sigh of relief for joes I'm not into, phew. Vehicles, on the other hand...

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Kinda surprised they are going with the larger Joe vehicles but it gives me hope for a Conquest. :pray:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I want the SR81 that split in half, but let's be real I'd look twice at most.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I caved and bought the Motu Cartoon figures. The heroes are nice, if kinda bland. The villains though, they look fantastic. Really looking forward to TrapJaw when it releases. I’m glad it’s not a full wave deal, just two cartoon figs per wave is nice. The others in the assortment are reissues, and I don’t have any I’m missing.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve seen speculation that the Thunder Machine would be $150-$200 because of its size and complexity relative to the Vamp in the original line.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Breathing a sigh of relief for joes I'm not into, phew. Vehicles, on the other hand...

Here's another one, the next GI Joe Classified Haslab should be popping at some point fairly soon in the next few months. The current favorite that's being mentioned?

The Cobra Rattler. No one has said it's happening buuuuuuuuuuuuut, every time a vehicle haslab has been speculated previously the popular talk was the HISS tank and Dragonfly respectively. Those came to pass.

Again, not saying it's happening. But it's the talk of the town currently. Myself, I was pretty drat positive it would be some type of boat. We had ground in HISS, and air in Dragonfly so leaves the sea needing to be filled with many many sea men.

I couldn't resist.

Quite a few suggestions like the Whale is likely to be way too big, and even the Cobra Moray would be pretty drat big. Like bigger than the HISS by far. Know what would make a good vehicle?

The Water Moccasin. You know, Copperheads boat. Like all the original Cobra vehicles it was created under sized because Hasbro didn't have a lot of faith in Cobra stuff selling. The Moccasin was criminally under sized. A proper sized version would be a pretty drat cool sea vehicle and you could even throw in a few cool figures without having it FLAGG size. Maybe a Cobra Commander( armor version?), two or three Cobra water trooprs of some sort.

In other news, we should see the Cobra Ferret with the woman driver soon going up. You know we'll be getting a Tiger Force of it within three months after. And if the Clutch and Vamp picture with the Cobra in the back is correctly guessed it's the driver of the Cobra Stinger which is basically black redo of the Vamp with the four missiles on it.

Vehicles, we're getting them big time. The price point commonly being associated with the Thunder Machine and Snow Cat is $200.00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sanschel posted:

I’ve seen speculation that the Thunder Machine would be $150-$200 because of its size and complexity relative to the Vamp in the original line.

If they throw in Thrasher I might bite.