Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Gervasius posted:

What happened to him? I kinda tuned out when he became boring, did he do something terrible?
I don't think anything significant 'happened' to him. My experience with him is basically the same as yours; he ran out of actual food from movies and tv shows that anybody knows and started spinning off into general (not great) cooking videos and new shows for his channel (he was one of the dozens of people who tried, unsuccessfully, to find something in front of camera for Sohla El-Waylly to do) and I eventually unsubscribed from his channel.

I don't keep up on Food YouTube gossip so I don't actually know if he's been canceled for anything. While I was still watching he bought a very expensive place in New York and got "married" by Joel McHale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you

Well hello there

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Panfilo posted:

This is the guy that got the president of Harvard to resign

Ah, yes, last names, the thing that always stays the same from birth to death.

Really want to ask this guy if my fate changed after getting married.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Are you saying it didn't?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it also feels racism-adjacent, like how to him Jewish names like Edelstein, Goldman or Silbermond clearly show those people work better with money or gems

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
If nothing else, research has been done about this very topic. This page even has notable examples of it.

Not saying that this dick bag has a point or anything, but I'm pretty sure he's read about it before and tried to make it a fun party trick

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

My last name is an archaic foreign word for a type of bird so I’m really looking forward to getting animorph powers sooner or later

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Big deal. My name translates to priceless rock, but I've not become a gemstone.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

This reminds me of the Mitchell and Webb sketch where David Mitchell reveals himself to be the "Myth Child"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-c-yiTE7zM

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
My surname is an archaic word for street sign. Pretty inaccurate as they have a purpose that I lack.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

NorgLyle posted:

I don't think anything significant 'happened' to him. My experience with him is basically the same as yours; he ran out of actual food from movies and tv shows that anybody knows and started spinning off into general (not great) cooking videos and new shows for his channel (he was one of the dozens of people who tried, unsuccessfully, to find something in front of camera for Sohla El-Waylly to do) and I eventually unsubscribed from his channel.

I don't keep up on Food YouTube gossip so I don't actually know if he's been canceled for anything. While I was still watching he bought a very expensive place in New York and got "married" by Joel McHale.

what's the issue with her? i only see her on bon apetit's stuff and she seems okay?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

[person whose last name is English] I guess I'm cursed with colonialism and bad teeth

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My last name is similar to a liqueur of a nationality I am zero percent of.

My middle name does roughly translate to “gift from God”, and I have numerous pentagrams and St. Peter’s Crosses tattooed onto me. Maybe they should have specified which God.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

teen witch posted:

My last name is similar to a liqueur of a nationality I am zero percent of.

My middle name does roughly translate to “gift from God”, and I have numerous pentagrams and St. Peter’s Crosses tattooed onto me. Maybe they should have specified which God.

what's up malört?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what's up malört?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Antigravitas posted:

Are you saying it didn't?

Well my birth name was a job description of some dude living in the forest. My married name just means "son of X". I was not born in a forest hut, I'm no son and my dad isn't called X.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DRINK ME posted:

My surname is an archaic word for street sign. Pretty inaccurate as they have a purpose that I lack.

Not sure why but this makes me think

I AM CAPTAIN JEAN-LUC PLACARD

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what's up malört?
There’s a beautiful irony with that, kompis

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what's the issue with her? i only see her on bon apetit's stuff and she seems okay?
There's no issue with her. She's a really good chef who isn't exactly suited to being a YouTube Personality; she doesn't have the kind of outgoing, catchphrase laden, wild-n-wacky character that makes for 'content' so attempts to, like, give her a magic spinning wheel that has ingredients on it to see what craaaaazy dish she has to make have not succeeded.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

NorgLyle posted:

There's no issue with her. She's a really good chef who isn't exactly suited to being a YouTube Personality; she doesn't have the kind of outgoing, catchphrase laden, wild-n-wacky character that makes for 'content' so attempts to, like, give her a magic spinning wheel that has ingredients on it to see what craaaaazy dish she has to make have not succeeded.

huh, i quite like her as a contributor to bon apetit, but i also think most youtubers are an invasive species.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

NorgLyle posted:

He was on Last Meals with Josh from Mythical Kitchen and described, in great detail, having a rather manic breakdown so he slowed down his channel a bunch and started having more videos be the other people on his channel like Alvin.

(I say that not to elicit a "Oh you suck for unsubscribing" reaction, for the record, but just to explain why the nature and pace of his channel changed dramatically.)

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
My full name spells out a diagnosis that I used to have, but has since been scrapped from the DSM, so suck it, Ackman.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

My full name spells out a diagnosis that I used to have, but has since been scrapped from the DSM, so suck it, Ackman.

Hello Mr. rear end Perger-Syndrome.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

mine is moon moon willow village

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Jim Malacca, of a long line of Malaccas

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://x.com/themaxburns/status/1757130001009238315

Stupid snowflakes. Don't they know they've won a free cruise?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

wash bucket posted:

Is he saying this is a bad idea or what

I keep mine on silent and DND all the time and it has done wonders for my mental health. I don't want to hear a fuckin peep out of this thing

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
My full name means "Thank God for the beef" which I guess kind of worked out since I'm an actual cannibal, though I'm better known for other work.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
That's nothing, I remember boomers used to leave their phones at home while they went to work and out and about. Just totally unreachable for most of the day!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rat Patrol posted:

That's nothing, I remember boomers used to leave their phones at home while they went to work and out and about. Just totally unreachable for most of the day!

that must be why they're so mentally healthy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

wash bucket posted:

I get so many spam calls I often miss when my parents call me because I keep it on mute.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah im gen x and dnd & silent

if my mom can learn to text so can you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

is gen z killing the spam call industry?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Android lets you block unknown/private numbers without having to go in DnD and that resolves like 99% of robocall issues ime

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

My name translates to “highlander”

…but “hillbilly” works too.

”man of the mountain” tbf

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
the next year AT BEST is going to be so incredibly irritating

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Man of the mountain could also mean "troll", FWIW.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I get so many spam calls I often miss when my parents call me because I keep it on mute.

You can usually set your phone to allow certain numbers to be audible while silencing the rest.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The idea of calling someone on the telephone when it's not absolutely necessary is insane. Don't do it. Just text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fishstick posted:

Android lets you block unknown/private numbers without having to go in DnD and that resolves like 99% of robocall issues ime

Yeah I have zero reason to use DND mode. Do iphones not have a spam call detector/blocker?