Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My vote goes to Weathered as the best song on the album, it sounds like a My Own Prison B-side.

One Last Breath and My Sacrifice are kind of just Higher retreads but less successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Luckily, Creed went inactive in 2002 before breaking up in 2004 so there will be no more albums to review. Phew! What an ordeal this has been. *checks Wikipedia* oh god they got back together for another album in 2009.

lmao

Thank you for all of this. Not gonna lie, the riff in My Sacrifice isn't bad and I do appreciate all of the "HELLO MY FRIEND WE MEET AGAIN" memes so that's something positive, right? Anyway I appreciate you following through with this. Gonna go back and listen to the album tracks you say are half-decent.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
creed sucks rear end, then and now

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Soul Glo posted:

creed sucks rear end, then and now

APP's Creed effortposts have been the highlight of the winter though

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

had some 2021 postseason highlights on in the background while I was cleaning up and I'm still annoyed that bellinger somehow hit this loving pitch up at his shoulders for a 3 run homer in game 3. what the gently caress man

anyway enjoy this awful picture of it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Tatsuta Age posted:

had some 2021 postseason highlights on in the background while I was cleaning up and I'm still annoyed that bellinger somehow hit this loving pitch up at his shoulders for a 3 run homer in game 3. what the gently caress man

anyway enjoy this awful picture of it

Yet another example of why Cody Bellinger (who is cool, good, and my friend) should follow his destiny and return to the Chicago Cubs.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I took a lil break from Creedposting but spring training is fast approaching so here's

I appreciate these posts letting me be nostalgic about Creed without having to actually listen to Creed

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I remember that finding out that creed was a Christian band was an eye opening experience for me

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

mcmagic posted:

I remember that finding out that creed was a Christian band was an eye opening experience for me

they werent really, scott stapps fundie stepdad just abused him

Eric the Mauve posted:

APP's Creed effortposts have been the highlight of the winter though

not hating on posters, just annoyed by their (certainly irony-fueled) resurgence

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I appreciated that commercial they were in and that other people find it amusing to listen to Creed without making me listen to them.

It's unfortunate that anything resembling mainstream rock mostly music died in the early aughts, so they'll forever be one of the last rock bands to exist.

We're in a real "Children of Men" situation here.
I guess that means Eddie Vedder is playing Clive Owen's character?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

tadashi posted:

It's unfortunate that anything resembling mainstream rock mostly music died in the early aughts, so they'll forever be one of the last rock bands to exist.

I have thought about this a lot with the mid-2000s emo/screamo genre. I spent high school hating it, not realizing it was basically the last time for at least the next 20 years that guitar rock would ever be anything approaching mainstream. I should have appreciated it more even though I thought it sucked

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is starting to show very early signs of possible resurrection. Though not entirely in ways old hats would like, but it's also not for them so who cares.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

AndrewP posted:

I have thought about this a lot with the mid-2000s emo/screamo genre. I spent high school hating it, not realizing it was basically the last time for at least the next 20 years that guitar rock would ever be anything approaching mainstream. I should have appreciated it more even though I thought it sucked

Don't worry -- screamo does, in fact, suck.

A while ago I was thinking about this year's Super Bowl being in Vegas. I remember thinking, "Hey, The Killers are from Vegas, I wonder if they'll do the halftime show?" I shared this thought with some of my friends and they all laughed at me and said rock and roll is dead. I think they were right. My wife watched the Grammys this year, and (in between turns of Civ 6) I was trying to follow along with who was nominated, who was winning, and who was presenting. Not a single rock band as far as I could tell. Also get off my lawn etc etc

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

incidentally I saw the Killers at F1 in Austin and they are ridiculously good live.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I thought music fans love it when their favorite genre isn't the hottest style of the time because it means there's only "real" music getting made in that genre and you can go to smaller better shows

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That's just what metalheads have been telling themselves for 30 years.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

I would rather go back to talking about the morality of the Astros than read this absolute slander.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I enjoyed the underground cheesesteak eating contest that Dmitri Young inspired

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

AndrewP posted:

women have been making basically the only good guitar rock for the last like decade so get on board

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Giants signed Jorge Soler to a 3 year deal

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Bregor posted:

My wife showed me some reel that was on her feed comparing young skinny Bartolo Colon with beefy lad Bartolo Colon and I think the evidence is clear

Beefy Joc Pederson is also clearly the correct version of Joc.

It did not work out so well for Andruw Jones.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

there's tons of new music being made with guitars and without guitars. if you need more then join RYM, pick a genre and drown in it.

Bregor posted:

how deep are we going here man, are you talking Hot Topic Mallcore or are you dismissing Jeromes Dream and Off Minor? I will disagree with you :cheersdoge:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bregor posted:

:hmmyes:

Trying to disguise jesus music as metal

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Intruder posted:

Big facts

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

there's tons of new music being made with guitars and without guitars. if you need more then join RYM, pick a genre and drown in it.

how deep are we going here man, are you talking Hot Topic Mallcore or are you dismissing Jeromes Dream and Off Minor? I will disagree with you :cheersdoge:

I have two young kids, a wife, a job, and a few disappointing sports teams to keep up with. Who has time for new music?

I wonder if anyone else has a more underwhelming slate of teams to root for at the moment?
My list is currently:
Cubs
UK (CFB, MCBB)
Kings (NBA)
Titans (NFL)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

"Bullets" is the best riff Mark Tremonti ever wrote and it's solely because it's just that one note for like two minutes, but it sounds heavy as gently caress. The entire rest of that album is fully unsalvageable. And I say this as someone who was way, way into numetal.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tadashi posted:

I have two young kids, a wife, a job, and a few disappointing sports teams to keep up with. Who has time for new music?

I wonder if anyone else has a more underwhelming slate of teams to root for at the moment?
My list is currently:
Cubs
UK (CFB, MCBB)
Kings (NBA)
Titans (NFL)

How the hell did you get this motley crew of teams?

At least the Kings are good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alright I want everyone's Pitchers and Catchers report on the end of my desk by today

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Wait I legitimately don't understand this criticism.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

bawfuls posted:

I thought music fans love it when their favorite genre isn't the hottest style of the time because it means there's only "real" music getting made in that genre and you can go to smaller better shows

:nallears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Wait I legitimately don't understand this criticism.

Bad music that gets a pass because it's spreading The Word

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Bad music that gets a pass because it's spreading The Word

Screamo isn't religious music though...

EDIT: Wait poo poo this is about Underoath isn't it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

tadashi posted:

My list is currently:
Cubs
UK (CFB, MCBB)
Kings (NBA)
Titans (NFL)

There but for the grace of Braves go I

Braves MLB
Auburn CFB
Hawks NBA
Falcons NFL
Sabres NHL

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1757410006247342288?t=VjfO6v3EoAZhWPfo2DgDBw

lol fanatics

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
wait wait wait Fanatics are making the on-field uniforms now?!

The players are gonna stage a wildcat strike over these things.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

wait wait wait Fanatics are making the on-field uniforms now?!

The players are gonna stage a wildcat strike over these things.

https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1757411028013297941

First I'm learning of it, but yes according to this reporter

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah they hosed up the Dodgers jersey too, there will definitely be more stories about this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brilliant strategy. Make the on-field jersey the same as the cheap bullshit, then sell the cheap bullshit at a huge markup calling it authentic

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

EDIT: Wait poo poo this is about Underoath isn't it.

at least Underoath was one of the better produced screamo bands. I remember Hawthorn Heights, who actually broke the MTV threshold at their peak, sounded like it was recorded in a basement. now THAT was a poo poo band

also lol @ players having to wear Fanatics trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1757411028013297941

First I'm learning of it, but yes according to this reporter

Wait wait wait does this mean they'll have the Nike swoosh on them? Or is Nike licensing the team logos?

Holy poo poo what an amazing garbage mess.