Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

central dogma posted:

Thanks for the tips on the crosshair everyone. So it's a bit floaty by design and I need to square off my aim first. With that in mind, I hope to better spread freedom as a democratically elected representative of Super Earth :patriot:

You can always switch to ADS if you need to kill that rocket marauder RIGHT FREEDOM NOW. ADS is also better for shooting over chest-high walls. I killed a teammate when my autocannon round clipped the top of a concrete barrier in front of me and exploded next to his head.

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i just aim using the circle and that mostly seems to work for me

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Reflected an AC round off the front of a Charger and it detonated behind me, killing me.

https://i.imgur.com/O1wm8So.mp4

Seeing some real sickos in Suicide Mission difficulty. One dude split from the team and ran around soloing nests while scooping up tons of samples. I'm gonna try to practice with the Railgun so I can open my backpack slot up for a laser drone, ammo, or a self force field. I'm assuming if you get good at overcharging the railgun without blowing yourself up that it will be capable of dealing with most targets.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i just aim using the circle and that mostly seems to work for me

It's the best option in most cases but I find it tends to catch on chest-high ledges in front of me. ADS solves this.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Everyone probably knows this but spore towers and illegal broadcasts are super simple if you can see them and have a recoilless rifle.

Just shoot them and you win!

Also it goes farther than you think. I've popped spore spewers from what feels like half a map away.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Chargers are just way too numerous for what they are. You don't put 3 of the same puzzle miniboss in every fight. The necessity to fit massive amounts of anti-armor into every single build, always, to the point where anything that doesn't punch through the heaviest armor in the game feels like a waste of a slot, was a big annoyance in HD1, and it seems like HD2 is the same way.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

do hellpod optimizations affect

a) just me
b) all of us if I'm hosting
c) everyone in my party regardless of host?

some are worded "helldivers get X" and others "all helldivers get X"

EDIT: I'm specifically asking about the warbond unlockable upgrades to the hellpods

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 13, 2024

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fate Accomplice posted:

do hellpod optimizations affect

a) just me
b) all of us if I'm hosting
c) everyone in my party regardless of host?

some are worded "helldivers get X" and others "all helldivers get X"

I was a bit confused about this too. I understand you can upgrade yours regardless of whose ship you're on but it wasn't really clear to me if my "-1s to eagle strikes" upgrade goes for everyone or just me because it's my upgrade on my ship.

Edit: Oops sorry. I haven't unlocked boosters yet!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 13, 2024

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

explosivo posted:

I was a bit confused about this too. I understand you can upgrade yours regardless of whose ship you're on but it wasn't really clear to me if my "-1s to eagle strikes" upgrade goes for everyone or just me because it's my upgrade on my ship.

I figured without evidence the ship upgrades were host specific, but my question was specifically about the warbond-unlockable hellpod upgrades

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Fate Accomplice posted:

I figured without evidence the ship upgrades were host specific, but my question was specifically about the warbond-unlockable hellpod upgrades

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question too. The boosters affect the entire team, and only 1 person can choose a specific booster (as in, two people can't bring the full ammo booster, but everyone gets it).

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Just had a frustrating experience doing a solo mission to destroy an ATC tower. I got lucky and found an artillery gun with 2 mini nukes next to my drop zone. I loaded them up, nuked the tower, but the game made me go in and activate the terminal anyway. All that was left was a smoldering stump with a hard drive slot next to it.

Diephoon posted:

Reflected an AC round off the front of a Charger and it detonated behind me, killing me.

https://i.imgur.com/O1wm8So.mp4

Great shot, Helldiver!

Typical Pubbie fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 13, 2024

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

blahz posted:

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question too. The boosters affect the entire team, and only 1 person can choose a specific booster (as in, two people can't bring the full ammo booster, but everyone gets it).

that's exactly what I wanted to know, appreciate it!

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Yup as answered already, boosters cannot be equipped more than once for a squad's loadout, but everyone on the squad will get the effects of every equipped booster. So it's optimal to unlock more unique boosters as quickly as possible so you can benefit from as many of their effects as you can.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

central dogma posted:

Thanks for the tips on the crosshair everyone. So it's a bit floaty by design and I need to square off my aim first. With that in mind, I hope to better spread freedom as a democratically elected representative of Super Earth :patriot:

I love the aiming lag because you get to crouch down with a LMG, swing to position and mow across the field as your aim catches up.
Feels so loving good.

Edit:
Are boosters consumable? I haven't unlocked any because they are expensive and feel like they'd be temporary.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 13, 2024

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Here is a super sample guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRVCyIffzog

I haven't got any yet, but you are looking for a specific rock formation with silver veins that you should be able to spot from a good distance.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

Edit:
Are boosters consumable? I haven't unlocked any because they are expensive and feel like they'd be temporary.

They are not consumable. Only restriction is they don't stack with other helldivers.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

When on a multiplayer mission hosted by someone else, does the game use your ship’s upgrades for your own stats, or does it use the host’s upgrades for everyone’s stats?

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Edit:

Nope, they are permanent and you can use them for every mission, as long as someone else doesn't have it equipped already.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

blastron posted:

When on a multiplayer mission hosted by someone else, does the game use your ship’s upgrades for your own stats, or does it use the host’s upgrades for everyone’s stats?

I'm pretty sure the ship upgrades are your passive upgrades and only apply to you, even when you're on someone else's ship.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Baggot posted:

I'm pretty sure the ship upgrades are your passive upgrades and only apply to you, even when you're on someone else's ship.

Yep, you're all hanging out on the host's ship to salute and twirl capes at each other, but all of your ships are in hanging out in formation together so everyone gets their own passive upgrades.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Speaking of ship upgrades

The eagle cockpit upgrade says it reduces cooldown by 50%. Is that for the call-in time, or the refresh of the actual strike, or the re-arm?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Moose King posted:

Yep, you're all hanging out on the host's ship to salute and twirl capes at each other, but all of your ships are in hanging out in formation together so everyone gets their own passive upgrades.

The "picking one of 10,000 Helldivers out of cryo" load in screen implies every ship has a ton of divers on it but functionally it's funny how every single diver seems to get their own ship. When one goes in and immediately gets mulched by friendly fire does the captain just throw his hat down and turn around to go home?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

toasterwarrior posted:

Also, just learned that the standard machinegun calldown is good: it punches through medium armor, which is basically the entire grown up bug category below chargers. Cuts down basic warriors, the hive guards that go into blocking stance, and even brood commanders. I've loved the Stalwart MG as a "primary" weapon but it does struggle against warrior waves so I guess it's time to retire it and be better about pacing my use of the MG. Only 2 reserve mags and a long, stationary reload stings like a MFer.

Anyone know how the medium armor punch fares against bots?

I'm assuming the bots with heavy armor include the Star Wars walkers, the tanks, and the ultra bulky bipedal machines that look like Space Marine Dreadnoughts

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Fishstick posted:

The eagle cockpit upgrade says it reduces cooldown by 50%. Is that for the call-in time, or the refresh of the actual strike, or the re-arm?

Refresh of the strike. The next upgrade reduces re-arm time.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

CuddleCryptid posted:

The "picking one of 10,000 Helldivers out of cryo" load in screen implies every ship has a ton of divers on it but functionally it's funny how every single diver seems to get their own ship. When one goes in and immediately gets mulched by friendly fire does the captain just throw his hat down and turn around to go home?
As we can see via having to do unlocks with requisition and samples, and the backstory about needing to farm E-710, Super-Earth has a lot more resource shortages than it does personnel shortages. My personal theory is that once you get enlisted into the Helldivers, you and a couple hundred/thousand people are assigned to one ship and are all considered by logistics to be the same person (kind of like a corporation) until everyone's tour is up and whoever's left returns to civilian life or every Helldiver on the ship is dead. This is also why only one person's out of cryo at a time, since it would cause a lot of problems if there were two of "you" running around.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 13, 2024

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Anyone heard of or found a workaround to CTD on launch? I was able to play until yesterday's patch and now I can't launch the game at all.

I've tried all three solutions that I know of which are:

• Run in win8 compat
  • Run as admin
  • Delete the arrowhead folder in appdata

None of these work. The last at least lets me get to selecting my subtitle language a la first launch before crashing but beyond that nope. Allegedly this is because of their anticheat software and it's affecting 1 in 150 players which is an insane number of affected people.

https://arrowhead.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12573380356508-Known-issues

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Have you tried verifying your game files? I could see the patch getting pulled doing something odd. I suspect deleting the app folder would be enough, but maybe there's something outside of that that verify touches.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yep, that also did not work as they came back 100% fine.

I think all I can do is pray for a patch but after 12 hours of this I NEED MORE.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Maybe this is obvious but have you tried reinstalling

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, something to uninstall/reinstall GameGuard? Also I know it's an obnoxious suggestion, but have you tried rebooting?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

megane posted:

Chargers are just way too numerous for what they are. You don't put 3 of the same puzzle miniboss in every fight. The necessity to fit massive amounts of anti-armor into every single build, always, to the point where anything that doesn't punch through the heaviest armor in the game feels like a waste of a slot, was a big annoyance in HD1, and it seems like HD2 is the same way.

Seriously guys, bring a flamethrower, Chargers have no defense against fire.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

every solution I've seen listed to chargers has not worked in practice and every match against bugs on helldive turns into a clown fiesta with benny hill playing while we dodge 3 chargers at a time

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Back Hack posted:

how quickly does it produce a kill? or does fire stagger them somehow?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

victrix posted:

every solution I've seen listed to chargers has not worked in practice and every match against bugs on helldive turns into a clown fiesta with benny hill playing while we dodge 3 chargers at a time

Recoilless rifle the leg, auto-shotgun the same leg. They go down pretty easy on Hard like that at least, haven't unlocked up to Helldive

Also ultralight armor can kite chargers, which helps

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

johnny park posted:

Maybe this is obvious but have you tried reinstalling

I've been under the impression that's essentially what validating does.

Internet Explorer posted:

Yeah, something to uninstall/reinstall GameGuard? Also I know it's an obnoxious suggestion, but have you tried rebooting?

Not the anticheat (I'll look into that I suppose) but I have rebooted to no avail.

I hope they drop a patch today. One of my friends I play with is having the exact same issue.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Back Hack posted:

Or the single use RPG. It's got a super short cooldown (~1minute) and calls in two per droppod. One shot to the front leg will crack the armor and then the team can focus them down super quick. RPGs are just a great squad addition overall tbh, it's not as "Kill EVERYTHING" as an LMG or Flamethrower but perfect for when that one particular thing has to go away.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Am I missing something or is the jetpack basically useless? Being able to jump 10 feet is not remotely worth the strat/backpack slot.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I've been under the impression that's essentially what validating does.

Validating only downloads files that it detects issues with, which might not get swept up in your case.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

The best combo for chargers is a 1/2 recoilless rifle autocannon. One shot with the recoilless to the leg then two shots with the autocannon, really quick kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Fishstick posted:

The second. The re-arm is improved by the next upgrade down.