Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Criticizing your generation and the ones that came before is fair game, but you don’t really get to complain about the generation you helped raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is. Willis has admitted she and Wade did develop a relationship, but it happened long after he was appointed special prosecutor and had no bearing on the case.

Defendants are arguing that Willis only is pursuing this prosecution for personal pecuniary gain. The only thing they have to support this argument is that Wade’s firm paid for trips for Willis that were related to the investigation. It’s a huge nothingburger.

Even if the judge disqualified the prosecutors, the case isn’t dead. He’s not dismissing the case it will just be handled by someone else.

The judge disqualifying the prosecutors is a bigger deal than I think you are implying here due to how Georgia law works. They wouldn't hand it to the next person at her office they would pick an entirely outside of Fulton County to another DA and depending on who that would get reassigned to they could absolutely tank the case.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1757454595696029849?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Man the lobbyist grease from the MIC really must be something else.

It'd be nice if they just straight-up acknowledged that the brunt of military spending is economic stimulus and government employment dog medicine wrapped in jingoism-flavored cheese.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 13, 2024

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Lpzie posted:

The funny thing is Donald Trump could fix America, like all of it, economy, border, crime, respect, housing, education, etc., if we just gave him another shot. We've seen the alternative. America is currently a third world shithole country ever since late 2020. But it can be fixed. Vote Trump like your life depends on it because, my friends, it does!

Please explain either

1 - how :smugdon: would do that. Factually. Take as much time and space as you need, but lay out any sort of policy that would enable any of this

2- how Biden would not do that

:lol::lol::lol: :chaostrump: would have never passed the CHIPS act

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

wuffles posted:

Criticizing your generation and the ones that came before is fair game, but you don’t really get to complain about the generation you helped raise.

I specifically had no kids so I could complain about kids these days without compunction.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yet another irony we suffer under: The Republicans are always gung ho to get rid of Social Security and Medicare, and it's old people who most often vote Republicans and by far are the people who rely on those programs.

Nose, face, etc.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
as the time in between courtroom :lol:s increases, the more this thread gives up oxygen to the most minimum effort of trolls

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Lpzie posted:

The funny thing is Donald Trump could fix America, like all of it, economy, border, crime, respect, housing, education, etc., if we just gave him another shot. We've seen the alternative. America is currently a third world shithole country ever since late 2020. But it can be fixed. Vote Trump like your life depends on it because, my friends, it does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=915VXjd4Ta4

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

Please explain either

1 - how :smugdon: would do that. Factually. Take as much time and space as you need, but lay out any sort of policy that would enable any of this

2- how Biden would not do that

:lol::lol::lol: :chaostrump: would have never passed the CHIPS act

Are you seriously trying to have a good faith argument with an obvious troll gimmick? :dafuq:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Are you seriously trying to have a good faith argument with an obvious troll gimmick? :dafuq:

:shrug: Its a snow day here :shrug:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

redshirt posted:

Yet another irony we suffer under: The Republicans are always gung ho to get rid of Social Security and Medicare, and it's old people who most often vote Republicans and by far are the people who rely on those programs.

Nose, face, etc.

Old people both understand and approve of the plan to pull the ladder up behind themselves - the changes to SS and Medicare would be phased in to make sure it's only the currently young people who get shafted.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

redshirt posted:

Almost all the actual plans (which are very few, this is mostly bluster) have phase-ins or outright grandfathering, so this won't affect the boomers at all.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

redshirt posted:

Nose, face, etc.

They would make an exception for their voters. In every policy I have seen for this from Republicans, it exempts changes for everyone over the age of 65 already. They are shameless enough that they would absolutely blatantly pull the ladder up and spit in your face about it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why is the troll gimmick account even being suffered to continue to exist here? It's disruptive and loving stupid as poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

InsertPotPun posted:

millipedes grew up in a generation of meanness. where caring was "gay" and "u mad?" was the best comeback ever. apathy was the only way forward.
even here, sometimes, someone busts out with "lol u mad, bro?" in other forms, "not caring" was the only way to survive because once you cared people could attack you and be cheered on.

there was a LOT of hatred left over from the 80's. not being a big strong man that took care of your problems with grunting and bullets got you labeled a slur. i was doxxed in the early days of the internet and no one cared. people would call me to threaten my life and the moderator of the forum just banned me for complaining
gently caress, i bet half the people in this forum used to do that poo poo. this website was built on being mean to people and hooting and hollering when they got offended

even right now, when i'm just gently defending people, i'm expecting people here to mock and belittle "u scared of internet bro??? just close your eyes *cry laugh emoji*

nowadays it's ok to stand up to your racist grandpa, back in the day you'd just be hit until you bled and made fun of for bleeding.

yeah, id agree with that. i hung out with dumb lovely trolls and poo poo a ton in my late teens and early 20s. obviously it didnt end well but if i were dumber and had less good friends or uncaring parents. i could see myself down a much darker path. i dont think thats milenials as a whole but i do think its a big subset of guys in the 40 to 25 age group who grew up at an exact point online. where it was always morally justified to bully the weirdos even if they were harmless. i can still laugh at some of the stuff, but going back and reading stuff on encyclopedia dramtica, its just not funny, its mostly spiteful and petty and mean. i am 33 and i feel like i only found some sort of peace in the last year or so, mostly because i didged out of toxic political places and just stuck to discords with chill atmospheres and weird fandoms with chill discords. i have a job that sorta sucks but it pays well enough and i have hobbies and poo poo. i think our generation fries its brain with either doomerism or being assholes and i think it sucks.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

:byodame: I watched Curb Your Enthusiasm, and I was OFFENDED

This is what conservative politic has been reduced to

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

holy poo poo, lmao

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dwesa posted:

I still don't understand how that weirdo got blood transfusions from his son and still looked more and more like a blood-starved vampire. Wasn't the opposite supposed to happen?

Weird. Turns out constantly getting blood transfusions might not be good for your health?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hyundai is opening a gigantic EV plant in Savannah Georgia this year which is going to produce hundreds of thousands of EVs a year. It's bringing literally tens of thousands of jobs to Georgia's economy.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Why is the troll gimmick account even being suffered to continue to exist here? It's disruptive and loving stupid as poo poo.

because you need learn to post with other people

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Time_pants posted:

Weird. Turns out constantly getting blood transfusions might not be good for your health?

Yeah. You're supposed to drink it to gain immortal life. Duh!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

redshirt posted:

Nose, face, etc.

The DeSantis’s and Haley’s already figured that out: you see, the ones currently receiving those benefits will continue to receive them, because they paid for them. Meanwhile, younger people (meaning in their 40s), we won’t get them cuz we’re going to have longer lifespans*. But of course the funding for the current beneficiaries (boomers) will have to come from somewhere, so we’re going to be paying into it for the time being, we just won’t receive the benefits later in life.

*longer lifespans not guaranteed. U.S. life expectancy has gone down in recent years (due to pandemic). Also younger people are getting more cancers earlier in their lives than older generations traditionally did, probably because our food chain and environments are so thoroughly poisoned.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

I specifically had no kids so I could complain about kids these days without compunction.

“It takes a village…”

Or in more modern terms:

We live in a society

Bottom Text

5er
Jun 1, 2000

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Lol I'm not a fan of the Catholic church but one of their whole things is having good schools and colleges. I know a couple of atheists who went to a catholic college and they liked it. They had to take one or two theology classes they thought were interesting. Your theory doesn't really check out if you take the last few hundred years into account.

Christ this thread moves fast.

Good schools gated behind nepotistic enrollment and high tuitions.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

In all my years on this earth I have never once seen someone use the phrase "Bible belt" in a non-pejorative way. This person's brain is 90% worms by volume.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

goons just ignore the lovely, negative attention craving troll challenge (impossible)

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Disrupting the Trump thread in a comedy forum, got it.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TrashMammal posted:

ain’t nothing ever been stopping you from punching back aside from your own cowardice
yes. it's much more frightening to do things on your own. part of my family won't talk to me because i stood up. tthat's the entire point i was making.

"u scared, bro"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Free speech oo yea

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah love paying thousands of dollars into social security and then Republicans declaring you'll no longer receive it.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

goons just ignore the lovely, negative attention craving troll challenge (impossible)

They're not even being clever or anything. Goons just biting a hook with no worm on it over and over.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Being a trump supporter or conservative at all should be a bannable offense. gently caress free speech

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Being a trump supporter or conservative at all should be a bannable offense. gently caress free speech
What if I support Trump… from the left :evil:

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Both the obv troll and everyone responding to him are lame. Hotdogs was more interesting. That's how boring a shtick it is.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

5er posted:

Christ this thread moves fast.

Good schools gated behind nepotistic enrollment and high tuitions.

That, and also it's mostly driven by the jesuits. And they are so unrepresentative of the church at large that it's kind of a impressive they've managed to be allowed to operate as they have.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I can’t get over how dystopian sounding “Sponsored Truth” is.

We need our own platform, I suggest "Cucker" and its innovative new shitposting medium: "cucks"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1757454595696029849?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Man the lobbyist grease from the MIC really must be something else.

This is interesting, because there’s such a huge disconnect between these establishment fucks defending the bloated military budget… and the vast majority of right wing chud fucks who are all over social media loudly saying Ukraine is evil and should be given to glorious benevolent Putin so Russia can continue on to dismantle NATO.

It’s loving wild to see these America First dipshits just shamelessly simping and regurgitating propaganda for one of America’s greatest adversaries.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
People on SA are deathly afraid of putting terrible posters on ignore and just not engaging. It's the weirdest hangup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

redshirt posted:

Nose, face, etc.

Rich people complaining about welfare and social programs who also filed for bankruptcy and collected money from the CARES act during covid are what cracks me up