Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Crazy that if Bosa doesn’t crash inside sooo bad, he stops Mahomes and 49ers are Super Bowl champs right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nick Bosa sucks confirmed

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

facialimpediment posted:

I completely missed this poo poo in real-time:

https://twitter.com/SpaceCoyoteBDS/status/1757444583191933216?t=M96tNhcqeJtZDt5t4SeoRw&s=19

Reid, on a potential game-losing play, called a play where by design, Bosa was to be unblocked and caught in the wash of a whole bunch of faked actions that were never live. Football!

edit: oh jeez, everyone is pass blocking the whole way, wow. I thought it was a read option on Bosa that Mahomes just recognized instantly but nope.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 13, 2024

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t know how to argue in good faith with someone who is trying to say that losing some games against good teams is a fatal flaw in a football coach.

Yeah, although I still think that Steve Wilks is a good-but-not-great DC and isn’t able to readily adapt/adjust during the game, and Andy Reid took advantage of it perfectly.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t know how to argue in good faith with someone who is trying to say that losing some games against good teams is a fatal flaw in a football coach.

he loses them in the same ways. You are arguing that he's a perfect coach; it's really strange considering he keeps losing, for very obvious reasons. but you can keep ignoring that

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

sweet thursday posted:

How many F150s and big macs are those Chinese viewers buying

Looks like 200-250k F150 Raptors/yr and 50+ million big macs a year from some quick googling.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Nervous posted:

Looks like 200-250k F150 Raptors/yr and 50+ million big macs a year from some quick googling.

But besides that

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nick Bosa sucks confirmed

I've been saying for years that Bosa stole that Defensive Rookie of the Year award based on name recognition alone.

Maxx Crosby confirmed best Edge from that draft. Plus he's not a racist CHUD so that's just a bonus.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Maxx Crosby is very cool, this is fact yes.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Nervous posted:

Those truck numbers are good but they have to at least triple their burger intake

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Nervous posted:

those are rookie numbers

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

indigi posted:

You are arguing that he's a perfect coach

thats disingenuous. no one said that. people have said hes very good. and he is. very good coaches still lose football games against other very good coaches. even great players lose super bowls. sometimes, those are the breaks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

he loses them in the same ways. You are arguing that he's a perfect coach; it's really strange considering he keeps losing, for very obvious reasons. but you can keep ignoring that

You listed three games that they lost and the only common denominator is that they lost them. They had close games with the Vikings and Browns and got blown out by the Bengals. In some they were leading at the half in others trailing. In one they lost when the kicker missed a game winning field goal from inside his range. It’s literally just a list of games they lost.

Shanahan has his problems, just like every coach, but I think the idea that he can’t win the big one because he has failed in two superbowls against the Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid is just goofy. He’s made four CCGs in five years with Jimmy G and Mr. Irrelevant at QB!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only real problem I have with Shanahan is some minor situational stuff that can hit any coach and is mostly judging based on the result anyway aaaaaand spending all that capital on Trey Lance just to dump him.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/SpaceCoyoteBDS/status/1757444583191933216?t=M96tNhcqeJtZDt5t4SeoRw&s=19

Reid, on a potential game-losing play, called a play where by design, Bosa was to be unblocked and caught in the wash of a whole bunch of faked actions that were never live. Football!

Bosa's little "wtf guys" shrug is killing me here. My dude, that was literally all you!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

Reid did this to Bosa for the entirety of Super Bowl LIV. Unblocked and had to make a read every time, and it was always the wrong read .

I disagree that it was always wrong in the previous 49ers Chiefs SB, Bosa wrecked a whole lot of stuff and did everything he could in that game even if he just got one sack and one TFL.

In this one he didn't show up on the stat sheet meaningfully but really was disciplined at keeping contain while being dangerous which frustrated the offense. Just...not on that particular play which turns out to be a big one.

He mostly played pretty good in both games in my opinion, he just didn't win.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

post hole digger posted:

thats disingenuous. no one said that. people have said hes very good. and he is. very good coaches still lose football games against other very good coaches. even great players lose super bowls. sometimes, those are the breaks.

I've said he's very good also. I’m people

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

That's right

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Do the Super Bowl overtime rules address what happens if two quarters are completed before both teams have had a full possession?

Like this scenario:

-Team 1 gets the ball to begin overtime and puts together a 17 minute TD drive (theoretically possible assuming a leisurely 40 seconds per play for a 25 play drive).
-Clock runs out on Team 2 while they are still on a long, slow drive of their own. Does the game proceed to Q3 of overtime with Team 2 receiving the opening kick after "halftime"? Or does it considered a failed possession and end of game?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I dunno but if you give up a drive that long you deserve to lose.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

regardless of anything, Andy Reid rules and I am happy for his success.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

General Dog posted:

Do the Super Bowl overtime rules address what happens if two quarters are completed before both teams have had a full possession?

Like this scenario:

-Team 1 gets the ball to begin overtime and puts together a 17 minute TD drive (theoretically possible assuming a leisurely 40 seconds per play for a 25 play drive).
-Clock runs out on Team 2 while they are still on a long, slow drive of their own. Does the game proceed to Q3 of overtime with Team 2 receiving the opening kick after "halftime"? Or does it considered a failed possession and end of game?

i havent read through the actual rules, but based on everything i gathered from the explanations on tv, the clock is more or less meaningless and only exists for the purposes of a break and flipping the field. in the super bowl, it is forever the end of the 1st quarter at the conclusion of an OT "quarter". they just keep going until someone scores.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm actually genuinely curious if they get a "halftime", as in, a longer break between 2OT and 3OT.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MJeff posted:

I'm actually genuinely curious if they get a "halftime", as in, a longer break between 2OT and 3OT.

That's what Romo said when it came up during the game. I know for sure that's been the playoff rule for sudden death since always, though nobody has ever made it past 2OT.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Grittybeard posted:

In this one he didn't show up on the stat sheet meaningfully but really was disciplined at keeping contain while being dangerous which frustrated the offense. Just...not on that particular play which turns out to be a big one.

Yeah I even remember Romo diagramming Bosa going *almost* too far inside, then properly keeping his edge elsewhere in the game. I just really like poo poo like this because in a game with 22 people on the drat field, games can be won because some dork in a booth above the stadium detected that one player might have an exploitable tendency.

It's even possible that Bosa got a check that the back end didn't, or they got a check that he didn't, so he wasn't supposed to be the edge-setter.

On the college side, this kind of thing is what led to the crazy Michigan-Penn State game with 32 straight runs. PSU's edges would fire in and couldn't be blocked, so Michigan ran poo poo like that play to make the aggressiveness backfire.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Would Kelce have picked up Bosa if he went outside leaving the safety to stop Mahomes? Obviously not as good as what happened but open field tackling Mahomes is not an easy task.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

My man knows the importance of a good meal before going into battle.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

MJeff posted:

More importantly, would they have to kick it off again even if there wasn't a "halftime"?

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

123.4 million is about the same amount of times Romo said the equivalent of, "Those guys are tired"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://x.com/normcharlatan/status/1757407346924322904?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Bip Roberts posted:

Would Kelce have picked up Bosa if he went outside leaving the safety to stop Mahomes? Obviously not as good as what happened but open field tackling Mahomes is not an easy task.

The more I rewatch that play, the more I'm kinda fascinated by it. I keep looking at SF's #54 (Warner, Linebacker) as he'd be the edge-setter if it wasn't Bosa. And Warner hugs the line, then immediately grabs the slot receiver as he passes off Kelce to a corner. Bosa could've been expecting Warner to play as the Edge, but Warner didn't as he had that coverage duty on the slot when it became clear it was a pass play.

Kelce/Bosa hit the same area so quick I have no idea if Kelce made a read to let Bosa go, or his job was always to get out into the flat and abandon blocking. Sure looked like with Warner in coverage, it was Bosa or something.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nervous posted:

More importantly, would they have to kick it off again even if there wasn't a "halftime"?

According to the NFL website, there is not a halftime but they would kick off again at the start of OT3.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

General Dog posted:

According to the NFL website, there is not a halftime but they would kick off again at the start of OT3.

Is there a decent break inbetween at least or just a normal quarter’s worth?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They would have forced you to listen to Travis Kelce scream the entire lyrics of Viva Las Vegas

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

As long as he does the hip thrusts and gyrations then that’s cool.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Canned Sunshine posted:

Is there a decent break inbetween at least or just a normal quarter’s worth?

I assume it's the same as a TV timeout or as much time they get at the 2 minute warning?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nervous posted:

Yeah overtime is like a brand new game with sudden death eventually involved. So there's a two minute warning and all in the second OT and you either score or run out the clock and there's a kickoff for whoever didn't receive the ball in the first OT.

Timeouts reset, you get three each 'half' so there's that too. I don't know, it's interesting to think about but seems like it would be a really extremely agonizing game to watch if it ever actually happened. Like playoff hockey except no one gets any chances because the defenses would just be clamping everything down. Punter's time to shine though in this scenario.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah overtime is like a brand new game with sudden death eventually involved. So there's a two minute warning and all in the second OT and you either score or run out the clock and there's a kickoff for whoever didn't receive the ball in the first OT.

Timeouts reset, you get three each 'half' so there's that too. I don't know, it's interesting to think about but seems like it would be a really extremely agonizing game to watch if it ever actually happened. Like playoff hockey except no one gets any chances because the defenses would just be clamping everything down. Punter's time to shine though in this scenario.

Ooof can you imagine watching hours of OT where it's just 3 and outs for infinity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Ooof can you imagine watching hours of OT where it's just 3 and outs for infinity?

I’ve seen some multi-OT playoff hockey games where it never seems to leave the neutral zone for an hour.

By the third or fourth OT at 2 AM, you simultaneously love it and wish for the sweet release of death.