Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Procrastinator posted:

Anyway let Zack finally win the belt

I really want him to dethrone Naito and it seems very fitting for him to do so. I'd have him win NJC, beat Naito, and have a few defenses before losing to one of the up-and-comers.

Or preferably Ishii but I'm trying to be realistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I really want him to dethrone Naito and it seems very fitting for him to do so. I'd have him win NJC, beat Naito, and have a few defenses before losing to one of the up-and-comers.

Or preferably Ishii but I'm trying to be realistic.

He's won the cup a few times and failed at the end so he should succeed once, yeah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
ZSJ and Naito are maybe the most established rivalry in the promotion right now, so I'd say pull the trigger, Zack deserves it, and he could drop it at Dominion pretty comfortably.

Hell, put him defending 2 out of 3 falls against Danielson on the Ontario or Chicago shows and you could probably sell out either building.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Naito probably gets and needs a reign till Dominion so I'm not sure you want ZSJ winning the cup and losing again. I can see him winning at Dominion and holding it through G1 and than getting a match at Wembley and than losing it in the fall to a young guy

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

100% ZSJ should win the belt at Dominon, hold until the dome, lose it to Shooter or Tsuji (let one of them take the G1 this year, time to get the youth movement going)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mox is beating Naito at Windy City Riot.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like I'd love for Mox to win to drop it to shooter but Naito needs a decently long reign and NJPW needs him to have one too. And given his current health this probably is the only time to get one

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I really thought Okada was going to put over Uemura since Uemura's last young lion bout was a loss to the Rainmaker. Okada embodying the "gently caress them kids" mentality even on the way out. That's commitment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't tell if ZSJ would be unbelievably proud or throw the mother of all wobblies if he won the title only to lose it to Kosei Fujita.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maybe everyone else will be unable to make the show and Okada's last match will be a rematch of his redebut against The Hash

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

ZSJ and Naito are maybe the most established rivalry in the promotion right now, so I'd say pull the trigger, Zack deserves it, and he could drop it at Dominion pretty comfortably.

Hell, put him defending 2 out of 3 falls against Danielson on the Ontario or Chicago shows and you could probably sell out either building.

what ontario show?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Suplex Liberace posted:

what ontario show?

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/new-japan/njpw-strong-resurgence-announced-for-ontario-california

May 11th at the Toyota Arena

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

oh ontario California lame

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pretty much confident that everyone hoping Naito drops the belt before Dominion, if not at all this year, is going to be bummed out.

A bit like me on hearing that a guy did a Heil Hitler on a New Japan show. Sorry, I'm still stuck on this.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Pretty much confident that everyone hoping Naito drops the belt before Dominion, if not at all this year, is going to be bummed out.

A bit like me on hearing that a guy did a Heil Hitler on a New Japan show. Sorry, I'm still stuck on this.

I was trying to see if Bone Soldier Jr. was booked on any of the rest of the Fantasticamania tour but he's not. Taiji Ishimori is though. If Bone Soldier Jr. comes out and does it again that'd be wild

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

remembering bruce tharpe and his crew

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

desu (angry)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'd actually be the most Naito thing ever if they planned a long title reign for Naito only for him to get hurt and vacate it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The ZSJ/Danielson match on New Beginnings was very good, made me glad I took the time to watch the show that I just did not remember was on Saturday. Cage match was extremely backyard.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Remember when Henare was shown to be a really hardcore manosphere guy? To the point where he was openly praising the Japanese Imperial Army. Not holding out hopes for anything to happen about this.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Remember when Henare was shown to be a really hardcore manosphere guy? To the point where he was openly praising the Japanese Imperial Army. Not holding out hopes for anything to happen about this.

Wasn't there a really half arsed denial from Henare? Or rather from the manosphere guy who was definitely Henare

And yeah, I'm very good at separating art from artist, I still listen to Burzum from time to time (all pirated of course, even I draw the line at giving him money), and guys like Honma & Hajime O'Hara (thanks phone, I'm leaving that correction) & even Joji Otani still gets booked. That's Japanese wrestling

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

That's Japanese wrestling

I mean, we see Riddle booked for plenty of shows, not to mention guys like Scurll and ADR getting booked in Mexico a lot.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

They removed the match and he didn't do it the next night. That's about as good as anyone is getting here.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

They removed the match and he didn't do it the next night. That's about as good as anyone is getting here.

It's back up but it's been edited out (it goes straight from his ring entrance to Walker's "WOAH!")

I kinda think it was supposed to be a Kamen Rider reference though:

But it's for the best that they cut it out.

Greekonomics fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 13, 2024

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
THERE'S ANOTHER loving BONE SOLIDER?!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I'm not gonna lie Walker's stunned Whoa! to the Nazi salute was really cracking me up cause I probably would've said the same thing

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't watched NJPW since WK, who did a Nazi salute?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mr E posted:

I haven't watched NJPW since WK, who did a Nazi salute?

A mysterious masked wrestler called bone soldier jnr.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Greekonomics posted:

It's back up but it's been edited out (it goes straight from his ring entrance to Walker's "WOAH!".)

I kinda think it was supposed to be a Kamen Rider reference though:

But it's for the best that they cut it out.

I can see this being what Ishimori thought but it went wrong. Still yikes

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I think Bryan v ZSJ will take some beating as my match of the year. Seeing zsj play the Japanese babyface was pretty amazing and hopefully a sign of things to come.

But days later I'm still kinda obsessed by the cage match. Occasionally njpw pulls out a blinder from the booking perspective. Ospreay and Mox very cleverly played on my njpw fandom and got me team Finlay at kingdom but I said he had to actually do something with that. He certainly delivered

The storyline of the war dogs trying to break the UE and the UE holding together in the face of extreme violence and ospreay leaving was tops. The War dogs won the day but UE remain

He's not the flashiest bullet club leader but I'm into the war dogs and the story they have. Still think they can use this stable to turn Gabe into a huge face if they cam keep him from the west for a couple of years.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
He's right
https://twitter.com/FightOpinion/status/1756524229133259105

Keep the garbage in DDT and Big Japan/Freedoms please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, the wrasslin's on! I thought it wasn't till tomorrow!

Edit: Went, ACE! :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wrasslin's on again in 27 minutes!

Nobody's gonna watch again :smith:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Wrasslin's on again in 27 minutes!

Nobody's gonna watch again :smith:

I am!

Totally meant to catch up with the tournament matches before this started but i've been busy today

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I should be watching

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I will also be here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

...wrasslin... :unsmith:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

...wrasslin... :unsmith:

More people are saying this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love you, high pitched shouting names lady :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looking forward to seeing more SLK tonight