Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DLC Inc posted:

Yoshi’s loving Island

Did Stephen Hawking have a midget orgy there like on the other loving island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

DLC Inc posted:

Yoshi’s loving Island

that explains all the eggs

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DLC Inc posted:

Yoshi’s loving Island

Explains why there's so many of them there. :rimshot:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Balatro is out next week, for anyone who didn't play the demo on their loving nerdbox computers, it's a really good roguelike deckbuilder but based on Poker hands. It sounds funky but it's addictive as poo poo. I have 25 hours on the demo lol. It's so so good. Instant buy on switch for me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Balatro is out next week, for anyone who didn't play the demo on their loving nerdbox computers, it's a really good roguelike deckbuilder but based on Poker hands. It sounds funky but it's addictive as poo poo. I have 25 hours on the demo lol. It's so so good. Instant buy on switch for me.

Yep

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've seen hype elsewhere and I'm a sucker for roguelikes and cards. Once I get through my current games I'll grab it for sure.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

all three tr games are fantastic actually. and i only played them for the first time a year ago. no nostalgia, they're just great

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

wizard2 posted:

I do this with Pokemon Scarlet/Violet on my partners Switch and the DLC did not transfer over

Did you try starting the game on the other switch using the purchaser's account? I could've sworn I've had this work before but maybe I am confusing it with a PlayStation instead.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

:yeah:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

We don’t appear to have a GameCube thread anymore so I thought I’d show you what I did this afternoon.

Thought if anyone would appreciate it, it would be y’all.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

otter posted:

We don’t appear to have a GameCube thread anymore so I thought I’d show you what I did this afternoon.

I appreciate it. The purple is beautiful. Is that a Gameboy Player on the bottom?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Fun Times! posted:

I appreciate it. The purple is beautiful. Is that a Gameboy Player on the bottom?

Yeeeep.
I put a couple pictures and notes about it in my GameCube sales thread for those who are interested in it. I just wish the eject lever on the Gameboy player was clurple as well. I still need to mod the power light to change the color from the default orange.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mister Facetious posted:

Frasier: "What was it like in the old days when you actually had to get up to change the channel?"

Martin: "It was hell!"

That's why you tell the kids to do it for you.

The real Switch innovation is having the on screen indicators for the button relative to the others.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's why you tell the kids to do it for you.

The real Switch innovation is having the on screen indicators for the button relative to the others.
Too bad most devs use old-fashioned button labels instead of the Switch icons.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Speaking of GameCubes. I should have a North American GC and Wii back in the US alongside a bunch of games and accessories.

I’m finally moving to a bigger apartment here in Paris at the end of the year and will have the space to bring them over finally.

If I recall the GC is not region-free but the Wii is. Still their plugs will not work, but due to that little black box the charge will be fine? (I’m bad at explaining things…) so all I will need is a plug adapter which is relatively cheap. I presume.

The question is. Am I better off buying a European Wii (assuming it plays American games) to play these old games or do I make the effort to get this poo poo set up right. Also for the Wii is it necessary to set up the motion control or can you get the boot up menu to work w/out it?

All of this to replay FE Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Wind Waker, TP and the solo Smash stuff from Brawl and Melee. Maybe I can find a copy of Galaxy 2 while I’m at it.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Speaking of GameCubes. I should have a North American GC and Wii back in the US alongside a bunch of games and accessories.

I’m finally moving to a bigger apartment here in Paris at the end of the year and will have the space to bring them over finally.

If I recall the GC is not region-free but the Wii is. Still their plugs will not work, but due to that little black box the charge will be fine? (I’m bad at explaining things…) so all I will need is a plug adapter which is relatively cheap. I presume.

The question is. Am I better off buying a European Wii (assuming it plays American games) to play these old games or do I make the effort to get this poo poo set up right. Also for the Wii is it necessary to set up the motion control or can you get the boot up menu to work w/out it?

All of this to replay FE Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, Wind Waker, TP and the solo Smash stuff from Brawl and Melee. Maybe I can find a copy of Galaxy 2 while I’m at it.
Probably easiest to get a pal/european wi

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get a WiiU and hack it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Wii and WiiU are not region-free, just as an FYI.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they are once you hack them

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Wii and WiiU are not region-free, just as an FYI.

Ah I thought they were. Good to know then.

otter posted:

Probably easiest to get a pal/european wi

But that wouldn't work for my American games.

they are once you hack them

I wouldn't get a WiiU but maybe I'll try to hack what I do have. From what I gather though my consoles will work fine in France if I get plug adapters or just European plugs. The consoles come with energy converters so the difference in electricity is moot. The downside is I won't be able to buy any games for them in France, but that's not really the idea.

As for hacking, I'm not against it but I'm rather lazy and inept at these things. I'll give it a look. Thank you! If it's simple enough to make it region free I may just do that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Been like a decade since I hacked my Wii but even back then it was pretty simple, should be trivial now I imagine. Googling should probably give a site with easy instructions.

Also I think there's still a homebrew thread on this forum if you have questions or issues.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Mario v Donkey Kong seems to be getting 7s and 8s

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Makes sense, the GBA original was kinda mid and they removed most of the challenge and replayability based on the demo

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I’ve not been in the loop and I thought they were remaking the classic game boy
DK and Mario. This is a disappointment but mostly a relief to not have even more poo poo competing for my time and money.

Now if you’ll excuse me I need to get back to slaying the spire.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I played the demo and it was…entertaining enough for the hour or so it took, but I just can’t imagine paying $50 for a full game of it

Maybe if it’s ever like $20 I’ll think about it

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Yeah thinking I have enough on my plate and it can be a "perhaps someday" game.

But man I'm really starting to get freakin hyped for peach showtime
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1757766864447357214?t=LedEKfs_XRzRr1ZMTaEIZw&s=19

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Yeah thinking I have enough on my plate and it can be a "perhaps someday" game.

But man I'm really starting to get freakin hyped for peach showtime

Man SAME so much. I would say "Just take my money now!" except I did. I used a voucher on it.

I am so happy Peach gets a game where she gets to kick rear end and her powers aren't based on her mood swings.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It looks like it was made by the Yoshis crafted world or the Kirby teams. Looks great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Was there anything good about Super Princess Peach out of curiosity? I kind of just avoided that one based on the concept alone

But yeah, glad Peach is finally getting a decent game of her own. Wonder if there will be cameos by any other Mario characters during it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Larryb posted:

Was there anything good about Super Princess Peach out of curiosity? I kind of just avoided that one based on the concept alone

The graphics were cute

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Mermaid Peach???! This will be my toddlers goty.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I made a post about it in the retro games thread a while back after playing maybe 30% of it. I never did end up finishing it

quote:

I'm playing through super princess peach for the first time. Yes, the one where she uses her emotions to defeat enemies or solve puzzles. I'm about halfway through.

The whole emotion thing...isn't as bad as I was expecting. The story is bowser has a magic wand that gives people intense emotions, but they bungle it and the wand goes super nova. Now everyone has uncontrolled emotions, so there are sad/pissed/happy goombas, koopas, etc.

Peach was away from the castle so she shows up after mario and Luigi were captured, and she sets off to rescue them. She has a vibe meter which allows her to use 4 emotions: happy, pissed, sad, and zen. You play most of the game in her normal state. Sometimes you need to enter sad mode so as she cries, her tears water a plant, causing it to grow and become a platform. Or you enter pissed off mode so you can ignite a candle. Stuff like that.

In the context of the game, it seems like peach is actually the only one in control of her emotions, fwiw.

The sprites (especially peach's) are adorable. Peach has some real cute animations like picking up her skirt so she can run, or holding it down when she drops from a high platform. Her facial expressions are great, too. Overall presentation is very charming

The game is pretty easy as you would expect. It has a relaxed, slow pace, kinda reminds me of Kirby in that sense. You pick up coins and spend them on new moves, which is neat.

I think its worth playing. The emotion thing still isn't ideal, but it doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be. I guess I'm damming with faint praise but at least it's not like mario is all "oh great look who's on her fuckin period again"

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

otter posted:

This rules OP. I saw this post and said “hell yeah” out loud.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's insanely easy to make your Wii region free, same for the innards of the WiiU. You shouldn't have any trouble, 100YrsofAttitude

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

my brain condition is that I love nintendo switch games!

also anxiety and depression
Same!
:hfive:

Just bought the FF pixel remasters
Been eyeballing them for a while and can’t wait to play through them all

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/02/random-its-been-five-long-years-since-hollow-knight-silksong-was-officially-announced

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

got cancelled years ago

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

laziest devs on da fuckin planet

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it's doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

symbolic posted:

laziest devs on da fuckin planet

First game sucks so it's not surprising.