Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What implications does the character Chuck have for a Trinitarian interpretation of Christianity in the universe of Supernatural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Does the TV series Supernatural ever acknowledge the existence of Jesus Christ

The show should have had the boys be descendents of him. Would explain why their family is so important anyway.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Good movie

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i rewatched it recently after finishing The Curse

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 15:46 on Feb 13, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Atrocious Joe posted:

What implications does the character Chuck have for a Trinitarian interpretation of Christianity in the universe of Supernatural

Chuck is just God's earthly form. He is on a millenia long walk about and won't answer his kid's phone calls.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Chuck is just God's earthly form. He is on a millenia long walk about and won't answer his kid's phone calls.

Are the post-S5 seasons of Supernatural worth watching? Everything I heard about season 6 sounded pretty dire and I kind of moved onto other things after that

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

docbeard posted:

Are the post-S5 seasons of Supernatural worth watching? Everything I heard about season 6 sounded pretty dire and I kind of moved onto other things after that

Season 6 is ok. Season 7 is really bad, but has a couple of good goofball episodes. Season 8 is ok, but has a stretch of about 5 episodes that made me want to die. Season 9-10 the show has been more "cwized", but are good. I haven't watched past season 10 yet.

The show does get bad stupid before getting good stupid again and is never as good as season 1-5. Some of the problems that arise are because of budget cuts and the need to create drama.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 16:03 on Feb 13, 2024

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

mods please change my name to White "Pop" Jesus

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

docbeard posted:

If you liked the first 5 seasons nothing after that will make you stop disrespecting yourself by watching the show.

Loved all of it, some of the best pulp TV ever made

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I gave up somewhere in season eight. Dipped back in and out occasionally, and watched the final two episodes. IMO it never really recovers, though I enjoy the conceit with the finale.

But IMO the more people a series finale pisses off the more interesting it is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jensen and Jared recently said they are interested in and have had conversations about doing a revival/miniseries.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

could it be that a "deal with the devil" is a metaphor for selling out one's principles and values for the sake of fleeting material gain?

no, it is a real contract you sign with your blood at a crossroads with a red guy that magically makes you better at something

that's what this guy

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

a guy at work yesterday was complaining about all of the satanism taylor swift's friends were doing at the superbowl

actually believes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Yeah it's pretty tight

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvjhY0MMzOs

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
And after you sign it your name like glows red and then the whole thing vanishes in a puff of smoke

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
drat, the devil is cool as gently caress

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Open Source Idiom posted:

I gave up somewhere in season eight. Dipped back in and out occasionally, and watched the final two episodes. IMO it never really recovers, though I enjoy the conceit with the finale.

But IMO the more people a series finale pisses off the more interesting it is.

the problem with the finale is that baked into the quality is “goddamn it, covid”. entire back half of the season got screwed, and when your emotional finale has “oh the series favorite characters you love? they’re here too, but over that hill. no you can’t see them” it sours the mood

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

The show does get bad stupid before getting good stupid again and is never as good as season 1-5. Some of the problems that arise are because of budget cuts and the need to create drama.

I don’t think CW is quite as bad as nerds claim but they really should have a hard cap of 4 seasons max on their shows before they get really loving bad stupid

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Mr Hootington posted:

Jensen and Jared recently said they are interested in and have had conversations about doing a revival/miniseries.

better get on that sooner rather than later, could easily end up like the X-Files revival

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Xaris posted:

I don’t think CW is quite as bad as nerds claim but they really should have a hard cap of 4 seasons max on their shows before they get really loving bad stupid

I liked older cw shows. Idk how the newer stuff is

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Mr Hootington posted:

I liked older cw shows. Idk how the newer stuff is

does legends of tomorrow count as older or newer

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGwtodw0RXY

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

does legends of tomorrow count as older or newer

I don't know, but Legends of Tomorrow is definitely the best of those DC shows.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1757798426748608927?t=hSCr_sepTEE6VcOmMCP1bw&s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
All of those are bad choices

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pedro I know you wanted the cash, but very very poor choice, it could kill your momentum.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Pedro I know you wanted the cash, but very very poor choice, it could kill your momentum.

well that's pascal's wager

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Chris Evans' career is powered by draining the life force from every other actor that appears in a Fantastic Four movie

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Plank Walker posted:

well that's pascal's wager

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

they cant possibly be planning another Fantastic 4 movie, this has to be another Roger Corman con job or something, a bald-faced grift

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DoombatINC posted:

they cant possibly be planning another Fantastic 4 movie, this has to be another Roger Corman con job or something, a bald-faced grift

Movie studios have decided they don't actually like money anymore.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i dont have my fingers in the comic book world pie, do people like Fantastic 4 comics? is there stuff to like about them that gets ignored in the adaptations or just doesnt translate to the big screen? my only real exposure to them as a franchise has been their seventeen different origin story movies, each more forgettable than the last

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
venture brothers had the most accurate take on fantastic 4

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

i dont have my fingers in the comic book world pie, do people like Fantastic 4 comics? is there stuff to like about them that gets ignored in the adaptations or just doesnt translate to the big screen? my only real exposure to them as a franchise has been their seventeen different origin story movies, each more forgettable than the last

They're well-liked by comic readers but the appeal isn't something that's easily translatable to a live action movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DoombatINC posted:

The original kirby/Lee run is very good and there have been a few modern runs that were enjoyable.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

DoombatINC posted:

they bring Doctor Doom to the fold

and I think in the comics they're kinda the linchpin for a lot of the cosmic stuff (e.g., skrulls, Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc) but Marvel already started parceling that out when they thought that wouldn't get the film rights back so I guess it matters a lot less

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look it could work they just need to do a gritty reboot. Start by hiring that strechy monster from the x-files as the strechy one,

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

DoombatINC posted:

The studio is planning in advance which film they'll shelve for tax credits, but this time they're picking one no one will miss.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

dr_rat posted:

Look it could work they just need to do a gritty reboot. Start by hiring that strechy monster from the x-files as the strechy one,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GuwMnTEFc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

nonathlon posted:

The studio is planning in advance which film they'll shelve for tax credits, but this time they're picking one no one will miss.

half the movies we see in production are going to be entirely fronts for future tax credits. the lots will sit unoccupied. the footage is hours and hours of an empty set.