Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Annointed posted:

My emotions all over the place yay vaush outed as zoophile and lolicon boo Selen got fired yay Jello fored and blacklisted for breaking nda boo Nijisanji threw everyone of their talents under the bus

We didn't start the fire~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Archer666 posted:

We didn't start the fire~

It was always burning since the world was turning.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(kicking door open) i am a chud

Quan Chud.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sydin posted:

idk if it got posted before or not and I just missed it, but Chip and Ironicus finished up their KH1 LP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XmJdFMd5w&t=1469s

Looking forward to Chain of Memories!

Absolutely unbelievable ending.

Actually, on second thought, very believable.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67shsq_t54A

The Infinite Review covers the much touted MAGFest East, with a special guest!

DeafNote posted:

Though this video is already peak KH with the endless final boss fight, the lightsaber wielding secret boss fight who just mutters cryptic sentences, the trailers filled with even more cryptic sentences

And oh so many Organization XIII coats

Yeah it loving rules.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

My current lifestyle requires me to live in two places where every two weeks I have to be away from my own place so sustaining a gym membership or getting a trainer are not viable hence a reliance on home gym stuff like body weight routines, dumbells and yoga. At least I've learnt daily push ups actually will stop sucking and are helpful for general health. I know there are a few guys like that athlete x guy who i saw recommended by goons before but now it's like, you want to watch to know whether your squat is right and then it turns out they use fake dumb bells wtf is that.

Tiktok is terrible as it's always "do these 5 things everyday to get super slim!" or a guy who says he's autistic and watches tons of vidya speed running so he figured out doing kettle ball ladders is the only way to improve cardio (comments full of people saying burpees are better. Incidentally gently caress burpees)

My Instagram explore feed is actually way way worse because it's even more of the supplement guys, maybe that debunking dude someone mentioned earlier a few pages ago, and then you would get the biggest person alive with a tiny head doing a motivational speech while sounding increasingly out of breath every other word. Also I have seen someone refer to their protein drink as their roid cum and asking their buddy to drink it I swear this is not gay no homo haha! Yeah

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-QQpL1YjeU

what's up motherfuckers it's 2004 again and there's new homestar runner toon

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
watch it in simulated flash for the proper experience:

https://homestarrunner.com/toons/frontfacing

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Oh and I used to have a personal trainer who spent half the time looking at the gym floor-to-ceiling mirrors, which were on every pillar there, lifting his shirt up to go yeah these abs are great. Bought into the idea that spice was fattening so all his food were plain boiled chicken breast which is insane in a country full of different cultural food, idk how he's never tempted to just stop doing that. At the end of my programme with him he had a motorcycle accident where he was facetiming his girlfriend while riding, had to emergency brake at a red light and knocked the phone against his unhelmeted face causing one of his eye vessels to burst and then he threw the phone so hard against the road that it broke into a million pieces, and because they were having an argument she tried to call back but because his phone was not exactly operational she assumed he refused to answer so she dumped him. The last sessions were me playing therapist to my trainer and thinking "I'm not having a trainer again"

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Trainers are a joke, always have been always will be.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh and I used to have a personal trainer who spent half the time looking at the gym floor-to-ceiling mirrors, which were on every pillar there, lifting his shirt up to go yeah these abs are great. Bought into the idea that spice was fattening so all his food were plain boiled chicken breast which is insane in a country full of different cultural food, idk how he's never tempted to just stop doing that. At the end of my programme with him he had a motorcycle accident where he was facetiming his girlfriend while riding, had to emergency brake at a red light and knocked the phone against his unhelmeted face causing one of his eye vessels to burst and then he threw the phone so hard against the road that it broke into a million pieces, and because they were having an argument she tried to call back but because his phone was not exactly operational she assumed he refused to answer so she dumped him. The last sessions were me playing therapist to my trainer and thinking "I'm not having a trainer again"

lmao it warms my heart that in other countries trainer dudes rock in the exact same way american trainer dudes rock.

Gaius Marius posted:

my trainer worked with me and my disability in a way that has enabled me to deadlift when I never imagined I could have managed :shobon:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

drat so many chuds....
Godzilla tried to warn us so long ago. When will we ever learn. So many chuds.
I thought that the cover looked kind of cool until I found out that the model beside him is his very publicly abused wife and it makes me want to throw up.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

A good PT is worth their weight in gold, my old one took me from a blown shoulder joint, unable to even press the bar to a 160kg bench.

I work at an educational institution which has a personal training course and gym, the students there are maybe 20% people who want to train others, 10% physiotherapist types, 20% people doing it out of interest and 50% doing it so they can write PT on their insta.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

There was a joke about it all a couple pages back but I actually found DDP Yoga quite useful when it came to catering for all levels/presenting different adjustments for the positions and so on. I mean you're going to be doing a lot of self high fives but what's wrong with feeling the BAAANNGGG

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

There was a joke about it all a couple pages back but I actually found DDP Yoga quite useful when it came to catering for all levels/presenting different adjustments for the positions and so on. I mean you're going to be doing a lot of self high fives but what's wrong with feeling the BAAANNGGG

I wasn't joking about DDP Yoga it's genuinely a great beginner's guide to yoga

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the west is cumbling!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

mycophobia posted:

watch it in simulated flash for the proper experience:

https://homestarrunner.com/toons/frontfacing

Hell yeah

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/sfdebris/status/1757608413083623724

So basically YouTube can just arbitrarily decide you don't make the cut? I'm not surprised, just disappointed for Chuck who seems to have a very rough go of the whole content creation thing.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/sfdebris/status/1757608413083623724

So basically YouTube can just arbitrarily decide you don't make the cut? I'm not surprised, just disappointed for Chuck who seems to have a very rough go of the whole content creation thing.

I’ve never heard of anyone having to make a video as part of a YouTube appeal. Is that a thing?

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

My Instagram explore feed is actually way way worse because it's even more of the supplement guys, maybe that debunking dude someone mentioned earlier a few pages ago, and then you would get the biggest person alive with a tiny head doing a motivational speech while sounding increasingly out of breath every other word. Also I have seen someone refer to their protein drink as their roid cum and asking their buddy to drink it I swear this is not gay no homo haha! Yeah

Still seems healthier than stoicism motivation instagram where it's just an endless parade of AI images of wolves with AI narrators dubbed over them talking about how you can't trust anyone and should be prepared to betray everyone before they betray you the moment you elevate to a godlike state that will make them all want to tear you down. I'm not even sure any of those accounts know what stoicism is but they sure seem fixated on invisible enemies.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
stoicism is when marble bust avatar

anyway y'all wanna see how they make pottery in chihuahua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtFTd8UIaDw

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

most people's understanding of stoicism is indistinguishable from just performing toxic masculinity on yourself.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Ghostlight posted:

most people's understanding of stoicism is indistinguishable from just performing toxic masculinity on yourself.

to be fair that is a pretty apt description of ancient rome

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

I was very stoic when they removed my lower ribs, you’re right

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Arivia posted:

I was very stoic when they removed my lower ribs, you’re right
nothing toxic about sucking d

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Mr Hootington posted:

The full quote

Seems fine to me. A lot of these little bits from his old blog posts make refernce to current leaders and parliament failing Britain. The Tories have been in control that entire time.

From a while back, but anyone who uses the phrase 'insane wokery' unironically is usually quite, quite suspect.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Samovar posted:

From a while back, but anyone who uses the phrase 'insane wokery' unironically is usually quite, quite suspect.

Anyone using the phrase “insane wokery” ironically is very much worth paying attention to since they’re up to something delicious.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

New Chrontendo! Kinda glad that Doctor Sparkle has found himself a system he can confidently state that his target is managable rather than having the myriad of issues he would have for several months to a year between episodes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samovar posted:

That's actually Godwin's second law:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

LanceHunter posted:

I’ve never heard of anyone having to make a video as part of a YouTube appeal. Is that a thing?

I'd never heard of it before but it's indeed a thing: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9564590?hl=en#:~:text=Go%20to%20Earn%20for%20your,unlisted%20video%20and%20click%20Submit

They could pretty much pull this on any essayist, yeah?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its sort of a weird thing cause a lot of people i know use 'wokely' or 'woke' next to like, people using the veneer of social justice to be sexist or transphobic or w/e, like that jelloapocalypse guy using 'a romcom from 20 years ago having some mildly off gender politics' as an excuse to call its female author a sociopath. like thats what id call 'wokely sexist' in a sarcastic way. well peace

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i just call them scolds.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arivia posted:

Anyone using the phrase “insane wokery” ironically is very much worth paying attention to since they’re up to something delicious.

lol

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Pressing the buttons on my computer wokely while I navigate the battlefield of X as a soldier of the resistance.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Sure but I think there's a difference between memeing about woke and railing against the Le Wokisme or whatever the gently caress they have going on in Europe.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the_woke_chud

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Woke was used normally around BLM protests and stuff, but got appropriated to be used sarcastically or conspiratorially. Probably because of the link to the BLM stuff and also people needed a scary new word that didn't sound as dated or dumb like "politically correct" or "SJW".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Endorph posted:

its sort of a weird thing cause a lot of people i know use 'wokely' or 'woke' next to like, people using the veneer of social justice to be sexist or transphobic or w/e, like that jelloapocalypse guy using 'a romcom from 20 years ago having some mildly off gender politics' as an excuse to call its female author a sociopath. like thats what id call 'wokely sexist' in a sarcastic way. well peace

It's a bit of a caveat to what I was posting earlier but IMHO there's a subtle distinction between woke and 'woke'. The first is defined as "being aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" and the second is "pretending to care about important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) so you can cast aspersions on someone else", which seems to fit in with what you're describing.