Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Radia posted:

ok im ramping up on nba watching now that football is dead and gone and dcfc's season hasn't started

how is my beautiful baby boy Stephan Elijah Curry of Basketball doing

from an individual standpoint he's still doing extremely well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Radia posted:

He's still a corny bitch

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
hell yeah :cheers:

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Radia posted:

ok im ramping up on nba watching now that football is dead and gone and dcfc's season hasn't started

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Barkley over here posting on how no one plays defense anymore.
This season so far is the highest ORTG (lowest DRTG) of all time

Luka has been very good as a post/body defender, ok staying in front of his man (but loads better this season), and kind of lovely helping his teammates. I think you can have a good defense around him but I also think that would require a lot of very good defenders.

low drtg is good, highest ortg means also highest drtg. for the league as a whole they're always the same number

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

DeimosRising posted:

low drtg is good, highest ortg means also highest drtg. for the league as a whole they're always the same number

I swapped lowest with worst but yes. This season (so far) is the best offense has always been and therefore the worst defense has ever been.

I don't think it's because defensive effort but I think offensively players are getting better faster than they are getting better defensively.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think so much of the basis of modern offense would be completely unaffected even if you let players punch each other in the face- they could call screen violations more strictly but nobody likes watching whistles blow.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Does this year rank first in both pace and points per possession?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Does this year rank first in both pace and points per possession?

70s and 80s had way higher pace. 74 was the fastest https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Me sowing when my team wins: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me reaping when my team loses: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Red Rox posted:

Me sowing when my team wins: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me reaping when my team loses: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Me last night

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1757562084483637309

happy for my boy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Too many Porter Jrs

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

nba trivia time

many people know there are still two players from the Seattle supersonics around (Jeff Green and Kevin Durant.) There are now exactly 2 Charlotte Bobcats still playing. Who are they?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

DeimosRising posted:

Too many Porter Jrs

Porters Jr

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

GoutPatrol posted:

nba trivia time

many people know there are still two players from the Seattle supersonics around (Jeff Green and Kevin Durant.) There are now exactly 2 Charlotte Bobcats still playing. Who are they?

Bismack and Cody Zeller

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

GoutPatrol posted:

nba trivia time

biyombo is an easy one

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Doltos posted:

Bismack and Cody Zeller

ding ding ding

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I only knew Cody Zeller because I saw him dunk recently in a blowout game and was bewildered he was still in the league

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Were there multiple zellers or am i confusing them with the plumlees

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

there was both a Tyler and a Luke also

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

this is what im TALKING ABOUT BABY

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This loving league and loving PORTER JUNIORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

This loving league and loving PORTER JUNIORS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this one. But also I agree.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

celtics just clinched a winning record

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Union of sleeping car porters jr.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cleveland has been working in a lab for years to create a new Anderson Varejao and are ready to debut the results.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/canishoopus/status/1757315653936005491

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
lol how did I not see this earlier

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBABuzz/status/1757198030715896280

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Cleveland has been working in a lab for years to create a new Anderson Varejao and are ready to debut the results.

we've already got an extremely soft center with a fro, his name is jarrett allen

although hes been pretty good lately

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Glen Rivers cooking up something special in Milwaukee

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Panzeh posted:

I think so much of the basis of modern offense would be completely unaffected even if you let players punch each other in the face- they could call screen violations more strictly but nobody likes watching whistles blow.

nah. the year they introduced the freedom of movement rule saw offensive rating shoot up hugely in just one season. the players are good but the rules have changed to make scoring easier

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Taurean Prince also just now tweeted "I hope Bryn Forbes is doing okay, he's a good human" when Forbes got arrested again for choking out a woman

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Melo starting in on his fiction writing career

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1757541464622485570

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Someone on twitter said that these guys need to be sworn in before podcast appearances.

Seriously it kills me that these guys hate the media so much because they're not allowed to just lie

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

de curry GOAT posted:

the man has a phd in basketball, what do you expect

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Phil Jackson at least backs up Melo's version, I can't remember where but he said the Knicks went out to get Melo without talking to him.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I gotta get in the gold-plated microphone business

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rick posted:

Phil Jackson at least backs up Melo's version, I can't remember where but he said the Knicks went out to get Melo without talking to him.

Yeah, I wouldn't be completely shocked if the Nuggets knew they were losing him for nothing if they didn't try and trade him and thus put him on the market. And they managed to create enough of a market to get a pretty good return for him.

It wouldn't be the first time a Front office successfully managed to demonize a player in the media. Helps when the player is well Carmelo Anthony lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

de curry GOAT posted:

what the heck is going on there