Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ok doomers, looks like you should take a lesson from ol’ spinoza. ain’t so bad out there. keep fighting the good fight but maybe spend a bit less time freaking yourselves out on x, the everything app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

kazil posted:

meanwhile, Trump is having some kind of night

Love that Trump keeps going after electric cars, a product that no consumer I have heard that has actually been in one or owned one doesn't love and I am seeing more and more of every day.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

kazil posted:

"SCREWED!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TrashMammal posted:

ok doomers, looks like you should take a lesson from ol’ spinoza. ain’t so bad out there. keep fighting the good fight but maybe spend a bit less time freaking yourselves out on x, the everything app

I think we all need to realize the news media wants the panic and is capitalizing on the trauma of 2016. And the only thing we really need to do is vote and help others vote.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

SonOfGhostDad posted:

lol, both of my parents have told my and my siblings that when their Silent Gen parents die, they'll be liquidating their assets and selling our childhood home so they can blow their inheritance and leave nothing for their children or grandchildren. fuckin rules

Wow, your parents are childish psychopaths.

Seriously. That's pure schoolyard "We built a fort, and we play in it, but we don't want you to play with us, and we ESPECIALLY want you to know we reject and ostracize you. Ha ha ha ha." I was seeing that poo poo when I was 11. Except they're adults. Hence, psychopaths.

(I tore down their (snow) fort in response. Probably not the right reaction, but I consider it a knee jerk pain response. Assuming my memory is still accurate, the school I was in made me go to the class with the students and apologize, and I remember the leader of the group actually saying out loud "Sorry isn't enough" and him waiting for me outside my class when it was over. I told a teacher, and said teacher confronted him, and I specifically remember the teacher asking him what he wanted since I'd already apologized and the guy outright said "Blood!"

He never hurt me or came after me despite that, though, so I guess the teacher made it clear that his little self-righteous rage would cost him far more than what I did if he continued)

Also that troll that wandered in here reminded me of that guy who was a mod on various video game wikis and one day he went insane and started rewriting a whole bunch of entries about the Silent Hill video game series claiming the series was actually an analogy for the 'evils' of male circumcision, in how he just could not read the room and kept going and going with his claims until they finally got his mod powers revoked and him banned.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 14, 2024

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
congrats taylor winning the superbowl again

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

dochermes posted:

I am 73, born the summer the Korean War broke out.

DAD… I told you to stay off the SomethingAwful dot com forums!

NO, YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP, DAD!!! 😡

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Yes, because voting Republican at the top of the ticket and Democratic down ballot is totally a thing that voters have done in the past 25 years. :jerkbag:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

kazil posted:

this is the man that should lead the united states of america folks

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

MrMojok posted:

DAD… I told you to stay off the SomethingAwful dot com forums!

NO, YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP, DAD!!! 😡

i already did that one.
*sigh*

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

Three Olives posted:

Love that Trump keeps going after electric cars, a product that no consumer I have heard that has actually been in one or owned one doesn't love and I am seeing more and more of every day.

The CBO just revised its projections on how much the Inflation Reduction Act will cost, partly because they expect more claimed tax credits for electric vehicles. Which nobody is buying.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Washpo tells me that the dem win is bad news for Dems. Something about nor being able to shake negative news about chaos at the border and immigrant hoards

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Two states are getting their districts redrawn before November, right? One by a court appointed third party? I hope that translates to two fewer seats for the GOP.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Two states are getting their districts redrawn before November, right? One by a court appointed third party? I hope that translates to two fewer seats for the GOP.

NC is gerrymandering it worse for Republicans, so we’re lucky if it’s a wash in the end.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Zen balance voters will vote red in nov as a check on Biden's extremist leftist views. like gosh, just the most extreme radical left.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean, every state and county needs that to happen, but its not going to happen.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

PhazonLink posted:

Zen balance voters will vote red in nov as a check on Biden's extremist leftist views. like gosh, just the most extreme radical left.

Voting TRUMP! for president and Dems down ballot because I believe divided government comes up with the best solutions!

I’m 73 years old and my brain turned to soup in the 90s!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

How did republicans lose nyd3?
Ohhhh the republican option was a woman... who was Ethiopian.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

It's weird how "pedophile" has become the right's version of torturously overusing "nazi" as a pejorative.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Grey Cat posted:

How did republicans lose nyd3?
Ohhhh the republican option was a woman... who was Ethiopian.

And Jewish!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

how dare u probe my probable fellow minions saying banana enjoyer

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Time_pants posted:

It's weird how "pedophile" has become the right's version of torturously overusing "nazi" as a pejorative.

Back in the day, if you wanted to ruin someone’s reputation and standing in the community, you’d accuse them of being gay and/or wearing women’s underwear. Now that stuff is fine, so they had to escalate to one of the last remaining sexual taboos.

It’s why I call everyone who pisses me off a “horse fucker.”

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

NC is gerrymandering it worse for Republicans, so we’re lucky if it’s a wash in the end.

Even more?! Wasn't NC the "we're not disenfranchising minorities, we're disenfranchising Democrats, and it's not our fault those people vote the way they do" state?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't care if there are confounding factors, everything except the racism in this race should have lined up in the R's favor. The right districting, a special election, and an awful voting day for anyone who had any other responsibilities, and it was a bloodbath. The independent votes would nearly all have to go D, and we know that's crazy. Maybe, just maybe, the electorate is getting angry and they're going to be dishing out some pain.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Time_pants posted:

it's projection

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Man, I hope the RNC goes hog wild on Trumps olin leadershippositions! Don't stop on a co-chair, get the Trump boys all up in there, too. Just roll around in the Trump pig poo poo, being the little Maga piggies they are. Oink oink, whole hog for our orange Jesus.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

Scott Presler should be in the Democrat Hall of Fame

loving MVP of Losing. Thank you for your service, Mr. Presler :patriot:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ubersandwich posted:

Man, I hope the RNC goes hog wild on Trumps olin leadershippositions! Don't stop on a co-chair, get the Trump boys all up in there, too. Just roll around in the Trump pig poo poo, being the little Maga piggies they are. Oink oink, whole hog for our orange Jesus.

The only person who cave the GOP now is Trump! They need to go all-in on Trump!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Spindle posted:

The CBO just revised its projections on how much the Inflation Reduction Act will cost, partly because they expect more claimed tax credits for electric vehicles. Which nobody is buying.

Not making any of this up, I showed up to a Ford dealership a little over a year ago with a $50k Ford EV on order in an electric BMW, they saw us pull up, set me in a soaking wet chair, made us walk all around the dealership looking for a key to a car that they had in stock that was cheaper, than made us walk to the very back of the service lot to look at it, brand new car, parked next to beat up utility fleet trucks presumably in for service, wouldn't let us test drive it and tried to talk us into like a Ford Explorer.

My Trumpy father-in-law who drives like a $65k new truck has now ridden in the car a few times and each time said "You know, I might be wrong about these cars, it really costs you $20 a month to charge?"

Republicans have really hammered the sales side of EVs incredibly successfully but any consumer that has any real exposure to them understands why they are awesome, it's going to catch up to them quick.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Three Olives posted:

Not making any of this up, I showed up to a Ford dealership a little over a year ago with a $50k Ford EV on order in an electric BMW, they saw us pull up, set me in a soaking wet chair, made us walk all around the dealership looking for a key to a car that they had in stock that was cheaper, than made us walk to the very back of the service lot to look at it, brand new car, parked next to beat up utility fleet trucks presumably in for service, wouldn't let us test drive it and tried to talk us into like a Ford Explorer.

My Trumpy father-in-law who drives like a $65k new truck has now ridden in the car a few times and each time said "You know, I might be wrong about these cars, it really costs you $20 a month to charge?"

Republicans have really hammered the sales side of EVs incredibly successfully but any consumer that has any real exposure to them understands why they are awesome, it's going to catch up to them quick.

I was watching a lot of EV videos over the pandemic - mostly stuff about what they’re like to live with, and what a road trip in one is like - and one of them was a guy talking about his experience buying a Ford Mach-E. He said the salesperson was super unprofessional and straight up said, “we don’t get anything for selling these,” so there’s something hosed up with how Ford (and likely other companies) are incentivizing the dealers to sell them.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
What's the lol report for today? I was really out of it for a while.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

GodDAMN what do you gotta post on that site to trigger a "needs moderator review" flag lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

“we don’t get anything for selling these,”

Literally told the same thing by the dealership that sold me mine, the only sales person that I could talk into ordering me one, ordering me, not a car on the lot, asked for like $500 over MSRP to "make it worth his time". Every other dealership was wanting like $5k over MSRP so I just said whatever, I made a killing selling my BMW EV during the pandemic.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

emSparkly posted:

What's the lol report for today? I was really out of it for a while.

Dems flipped George Santos' seat

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Nooner posted:

GodDAMN what do you gotta post on that site to trigger a "needs moderator review" flag lol

Probably trolling the site. I imagine trolls get shut down pretty quickly there

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Thesaurus posted:

Washpo tells me that the dem win is bad news for Dems. Something about nor being able to shake negative news about chaos at the border and immigrant hoards

...They made that entire election about the border?

Good god the centrist media are loving idiots

The GOP got clowned on hard again tonight

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

I'm hesitant to read too much into the margins because this was a special election in the middle of a blizzard but goddamn

This is the correct stance

If there wasn't a blizzard Suozzi probably still would have won but the margins would have been cut by maybe 2-4%, which is an entirely different narrative than what we're gonna see tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

just lol if the Dems' border bill strategy actually worked