Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Play posted:

The friend code is in game only I believe. There's a spreadsheet somewhere, don't have the link on me but add everyone on there and then yourself! I'll add you now as well

E: that code didn't work in-game, nothing found

do the friend codes change? bc its different now

now its: #7284-3801

yea it definitely generates a new one each time you check. well ill leave this up for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The flamethrower needs to like, fear enemies.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
it can get a little dicey but the mortar sentry is an absolute hero in the earlier levels, good god that thing just wails on bugs as they mass

Orv
May 4, 2011

Elendil004 posted:

The flamethrower needs to like, fear enemies.

How do you propose to strike fear into murder bugs and killbots

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Maybe rather than fear they flail around out of control due to being on fire. Make it work on bugs but not robots or something idk.

E: vvvv

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 14, 2024

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Orv posted:

How do you propose to strike fear into murder bugs and killbots
They fear our freedom and democracy, which is why they attack

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hmmm, very well

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

JBP posted:

Maybe rather than fear they flail around out of control due to being on fire. Make it work on bugs but not robots or something idk.

E: vvvv

the robits are overclocked as hell so a little heat makes them freak out

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You know, for all the talk about PATRIOTISM, they don't give you a harpoon gun that shoots a flag of SUPER EARTH.

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
How did people solve the quick grenade problem on PS5? I bound mine to R1 and moved tagging to L1, but that means I can only tag while aiming. Then I had to bind the communication wheel to holding X instead of R1 so I could prime a grenade without it showing up, so now it pops up when I'm mantling things. Not a dealbreaker, and using grenades feels so much better when I can use the impact grenade as an oh poo poo button while I'm booking it in the other direction.

Anything for democracy!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I put it on R3 instead of melee, which seemed to work okay, but i have a controller with backpaddles - probably not great without those since you'd inevitably tweak your aim trying to press the stick in

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I feel as though some bugs have backed away or delayed attacking when the fire is spewing out, but I think their normal behaviour is to hop around a bit before charging in as a mass.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What are some good anti robot weapons? These things are brutal on hard compared to the bugs

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
Is there any chance that this game can run off of a HDD, or am I asking for trouble?

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Inzombiac posted:

I wonder how soon it'll be before someone figures out a stealth solo speed run strat for high difficulties.

I've run some basic solo stealth missions and it seems kinda plausible but I'm only level 10 and don't have all the tools required.

I've seen some streamers employ stealth runs in a team setting. Everyone spreads out and solos objectives and meet back to extract. They make Helldive difficulty look like a joke. Light stealth armor is necessary to sneak into bases and melee takedowns on bots to take out the jammer tower. The meta is stealth at least when fighting the bots.

Diephoon posted:

Here's what the Super Sample landmark looks like if you haven't found one yourself yet. They only spawn in Suicide Mission difficulty or above, and presumably they always spawn together.

https://i.imgur.com/kOetdRq.mp4
You dont forget the super "thumb/buttplug" when you see it. These are a lot easier to spot on the bot map.

Orv
May 4, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

What are some good anti robot weapons? These things are brutal on hard compared to the bugs

On a whim I took the marksman rifle out against them - one taps most humanoid robots to the chest, two or three taps the black armored ones, two taps chainsaw, rocket and mg mechs to the skull. Extremely good if you can aim.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

The JAR Dominator is excellent versus the robots - I haven't had a chance to take it against the bugs yet, but it ought to be conditionally good against spitters - which are a 50/50 chance of even being in your missions.

Shield Pack + Railgun is anti-automaton lunacy at it's finest. It lets you survive a ton of things that would otherwise have deleted you (i.e. random rockets). The EM mortar/strike is also insanely powerful against robots, as it just shuts them down.

Dropships are currently very buggy - but a man with a recoilless can 1-shot them as they come in if you hit the engine. This kills anything that isn't a medium/heavy bot immediately.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

the laser guard dog is obnoxiously OP in its current busted form. I don't even register small bugs anymore, I just focus on the bigger stuff.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this, but I'm not sure my system (CPU mainly) is up to the task:

CPU: i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU: Geforce RTX 3060 Ti

Does anyone have the same or similar CPU? If so, how does the game run?

Orv
May 4, 2011
For what little it's probably worth, I took the heavy armor in the store currently for a spin and didn't die when a rando unloaded their Liberator into my spine. Worth the massive decrease in mobility and stamina? Eh.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

neurotech posted:

I'm close to pulling the trigger on this, but I'm not sure my system (CPU mainly) is up to the task:

You are close to recommended for CPU, try not to have too much going on in the background when you play.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 14, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Orv posted:

For what little it's probably worth, I took the heavy armor in the store currently for a spin and didn't die when a rando unloaded their Liberator into my spine. Worth the massive decrease in mobility and stamina? Eh.

I specifically went through the premium pass for the 30% throw distance heavy armour. It looks cool and I'm planning on it being my robot warfare suit. I've done little in the way of robot missions and they left me mentally scarred.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The diligence dmr is good against robots if you can click heads.

If so, the thing is very good.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

TheMostFrench posted:

You are close to recommended for CPU, try not to have too much going on in the background when you play.

Cool, I'll close off as much as possible haha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Machine Gun. Autocannon. Breaker.

Anything but laser.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

PringleCreamEgg posted:

The rate at which you collect premium currency in mission makes has me absolutely certain that the people complaining about microtransactions haven’t played the game. You can easily earn 1000 supercredits in a week. Stuff stays in the shop for two days, so even if you have 0 supercredits you have enough time to get the 250 for whatever armor you want. Maybe a bit of a push for the armor and matching helmet.

Not only have they not played the game but they are extreme morons and they hate democracy

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Tibbeh posted:

The jetpack is excellent as a "oh poo poo I need to get out" option and it opens up the ability to jump on top of large buildings/rocks and make the bugs have a much harder time getting to you

Just unlocked it but had to stop for the night. Excited to use it :3:

Just went two rounds with a great crew with no voice but heavy in-game comms and it was great. Definitely my preference with randos.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Anything but laser.

The laser is designed for robots afaik. I tried one out earlier and it did really well against them and it shows robots in the laser weaon previews.

Hard robots wasn't too bad but it took us a second try to reliably get it down. Autocannon, laser drone and regular rear end orbital strikes seemed really useful.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

CheeseSpawn posted:

I've seen some streamers employ stealth runs in a team setting. Everyone spreads out and solos objectives and meet back to extract. They make Helldive difficulty look like a joke. Light stealth armor is necessary to sneak into bases and melee takedowns on bots to take out the jammer tower. The meta is stealth at least when fighting the bots.

I hope this doesn't turn into a thing, there was a period in the first game where some people had the idea stealth-only was optimal/required in the top difficulty and got mad when anything went wrong/funny

Had a session where I joined just as everyone died so of course threw a reinforce down as soon as I got there. It was a high difficulty but once you're used to the highest others seem relaxed. The host ordered me to run away because it was Known to be the optimal play. Sadly since I'd already thrown the beacon, I wasn't allowed offscreen - the only choice was to fight the robots. I was able to do that without a sweat but got booted for not being optimal. Sorry for saving your session, friends

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Anything but laser.

The slug pump shotgun with the teal colored shells is basically like a small Autocannon as a primary. At first I hated it until I started using it differently, now it's my favorite robot gun.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

CainFortea posted:

The slug pump shotgun with the teal colored shells is basically like a small Autocannon as a primary. At first I hated it until I started using it differently, now it's my favorite robot gun.

This is most of what I'm looking forward to. Hopefully a Dominator that's not poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I just extracted 34 samples. :cawg:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

neurotech posted:

I have 16 ram, the exact same cpu and a 3070. The game runs perfectly.

I do play at 1080p with vsync at 60 fps. But the game doesn't even drop frames even at intense moments, doesn't seem to be struggling whatsoever

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

1.000.006 just dropped for PS5/PC

# 🛠️ PATCH 01.000.006 (PC & PS5) ⚙️

🌍 Overview
* For this patch, we have focused on the following areas:
* Improved general game stability
* Prepared build for upcoming server matchmaking improvements.
* Resolving connectivity and disconnect issues.

🔧 Fixes
* Fixed crash when application was closed shortly after start
* Game no longer crashes during extraction cutscene.
* User profile with too many friends no longer causes crash.
* Fixed crash when using text-to-speech during extraction cutscene
* Game no longer crashes when users disconnect during the joining cutscene.
* Operation Status in Mission Summary no longer causes crash.
* Fixed crashes caused by leftover visual effects from disconnected players.
* Game no longer crashes when using ADS.
* Repaired instability in game data packing that caused increased patch sizes.
* Improved backend connectivity, reduces likelihood of disconnecting in missions.
* Improved matchmaking experience and likelihood of success.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
As a filthy level 9 machinegun lover still short of owning an autocannon (Why are you making my daily 20 walkers when I am still too scared to fight robots yet!?). I wish charger rear legs were smaller than their front legs. So many dives out of the way to spin my aim around and... only 2% of their rear end is visible past their rear armored leg :argh:

1.000.006 just dropped for PS5/PC

Oh, is this why it froze returning me to my own ship? At least it decided to wait until after I got paid and take a break :v:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
BTW, autocannon users, heads-up: apparently AC shots can bust charger legs if you shoot the legs from behind. Don't bother for the big juicy charger rear end, one round will weaken the targeted leg and another AC shot from any angle will then break it. If you can play matador, you got a good chance of wrecking those fuckers without having to wait for EATs, though I would still take them in any case.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

veni veni veni posted:

Autocannon for yourself and a mortar turret.Eagle Airstrikes for destroying factories/outposts with no effort. Most bots dont try to get in melee range super fast like bugs so mortar is generally lesss of a friendly fire death trap in Bot missions, and it does a great job of thinning out outposts / covering tactical retreats. AC turret works great too but on some maps like Malevelon it's gonna be a hard time finding a good spot for it so it can use its extreme range optimally. AC shots will oneshot those AT-ST walker guys and MG emplacements, doubletap most of the medium bots, and do tons of damage on weakspots (Hulk / Tank asses), as well as being able to destroy bot mortar turrets.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
You can also use AC shots to blow up the bot factories :hellyeah:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

veni veni veni posted:

I'm still just shotgunning it right now but the Diligence is pretty darn nice for hitting weakspots and such. I also got the autocannon last night & I really like it vs the bots. Takes out walkers, the Catapult-lookin missile guys, and the other medium mechs no problem. Doesnt do a terrible job on the Hulk arms but you still kind of have to hit those in the back vents. Also doesnt do terrible AOE either. You get a shitload of ammo with the backpack and if you're good about reloading before you empty the full mag it's a short reload too. Orbital Railcannon is nice for taking out Hulks & Sauron towers but i dont quite have it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Section Z posted:

As a filthy level 9 machinegun lover still short of owning an autocannon (Why are you making my daily 20 walkers when I am still too scared to fight robots yet!?). I wish charger rear legs were smaller than their front legs. So many dives out of the way to spin my aim around and... only 2% of their rear end is visible past their rear armored leg :argh:

Oh, is this why it froze returning me to my own ship? At least it decided to wait until after I got paid and take a break :v:

you don't need to dive from them at all tho; maybe if you're using heavy armor I guess? when they charge you just run at and past them at like a 30-40 degree angle, preferably after you lead them into a rock so they run into it & stun themselves