Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What’s the progression like in Helldivers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Rinkles posted:

Do missions get more explosions.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
There's bigger bug eyed freaks to kill.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/IGN/status/1757735209619931367?s=20

https://x.com/eurogamer/status/1757728786559255026?s=20

quote:

Don't expect new games in any of PlayStation's biggest existing franchises before the end of this financial year, Sony has said.

That means no new entry in the God of War or Marvel's Spider-Man franchises until at least April 2025, according to Sony president Hiroki Totoki.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Good

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Where's the secret ND game? I'd like to see a new Sony brand videogame before this thing is eol.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sony going to hold a press conference where they announce they’re going publishing only, in order to compete more directly with Xbox

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

feels like it just came out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

Where's the secret ND game?

who gives a poo poo

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I got mine a couple months ago. Well at least if it actually is "latter" (say last 3 years before the next system), I can coast on cross PS5/PS6 releases for a couple years probably.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Yeah I only got mine last year. It came out 4 years ago! And you couldn't get one at first because of shipping issues! If they kill it early that feels really sad.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
PS5 sales failed to meet expectations? You couldn't get one for love nor money for years!

efb

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the comments of that nothingburger article are where I learned that Yoshitaka Murayama died a week ago

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had to check that wasn’t a joke article. What the gently caress are they talking about lmao

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

lines posted:

Yeah I only got mine last year. It came out 4 years ago! And you couldn't get one at first because of shipping issues! If they kill it early that feels really sad.

Right on, and to be fair it only came out 3 years and 3 months ago.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

I had to check that wasn’t a joke article. What the gently caress are they talking about lmao

the console hit its average sales peak sometime last year and they don't expect it to beat that number each year from here on out, will probably end up somewhere between the PSX and PS4 lifetime sales, in other words, not PS2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Obviously the only recourse is to release the PS6 next year

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

who gives a poo poo

I do. I'd like to see them make a new IP with big graphics and cutscenes.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The Sony guy did say they're on the "latter half" of the life cycle. Would it kill them to say we're in the later 2/3rds of the life cycle.

Sony talking about PS5's mortality in its prime. It's quite macabre.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

People still making PS4 games and the 5 on its way out

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the positive take is this means kojima’s physint is coming out sooner than hoped.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
They're expecting Starfield and Redfall to boost sales this year. All under control.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If the last half is anything like the first half this might be the weakest PlayStation library. Returnal is the only first party game that excited me that wasn’t touched by insomniac. They’re really carrying the PS5 on their back. I bet Death Stranding 2 will be cross gen at this point

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Its only been 3 years right, unless they are planning to do a nintendo failed 5 year gen?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the comments of that nothingburger article are where I learned that Yoshitaka Murayama died a week ago

He finished his work on Eiyuden Chronicle and peaced out before having to witness the atrocities Konami is about to commit against the Suikoden games. Now begins my year of mourning

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Also the article says no new entries to "existing major franchises" so let's go Year of the New Minor Franchises

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

abelwingnut posted:

the positive take is this means kojima’s physint is coming out sooner than hoped.

The way he keeps going on about how photo realistic its gonna be (your mom will think youre watching a movie!) I suspect Physint is ps6

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

exactly my point. let’s get the 6 here yesterday for kojima alone.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’m not terribly familiar with the suikoden games, 3 was the only one I’ve finished. This year may be the one I take a jump back after EC. Rip

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Heavy Metal posted:

The Sony guy did say they're on the "latter half" of the life cycle. Would it kill them to say we're in the later 2/3rds of the life cycle.

It really is just normal boring business speak for any product. Products have lifecycles! They plan this stuff out! But I suppose it's detrimental to -- excuse me while I hack up some phlegm -- console warrior morale.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Rinkles posted:

There's no real progression in the levels you play on - there's a campaign going on to liberate a planet that the bugs control, so you can do missions on that level, or do a mission on a planet controlled by automatons, but that doesn't feed into the current campaign's completion (which everyone feeds into). So you'll be doing the same planet again and again, most likely.

In terms of personal progression: every mission you complete gets you medals (which you can also find). These allow you to purchase items from what looks a little like a battlepass, but isn't - it's a shop with a number of tiers on it, where you must spend a certain number of medals to reach the next tier. I think it's called Warbonds? The items are a range from cosmetics (helmet, cape, emotes, etc), to functional (new weapons, armor with different boosts, boosters to equip), so to get to the new level you may need to buy maybe 5-6 of the 8 things (or so) on offer. There are like 10 tiers of this shop. There's also a premium warbonds shop that costs premium currency to get access to. You can either buy the currency outright or earn it via the regular warbonds shop and finding it in missions slowly.

You also have the ability to purchase new stratagems, which are abilities you call down in missions, like sentry turrets, powerful weapons, and bombardments. These cost 'requisition' to unlock, which is earned in missions. Additionally, you can find 'samples' on missions, which can be used to make these strategems better, such as with reduced cooldowns.

Then there's you own helldiver level, which I think just unlocks access to new stratagems.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

rumors have cerny as lead architect on PS6 since around last year. to put it in perspective, the hardware post mortem usually takes place well in advance of a current console's halfway point. work on the PS4 began in earnest in 2008 after the PS3 post mortem in 2007. a similar thing happened for PS4 around 2015.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Just forget the Playstation name and call it the CernyScope

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
InsomniacStation

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aipsh posted:

i watched road to PS5, i specifically heard him say he believes in generations. the only question remaining is will road to PS6 be delivered to an audience of cardboard cutouts like we had in 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aipsh posted:

Makes me think that in hindsight it's pretty funny Nintendo seemed to escape any major media scrutiny over releasing a peripheral modeled on a bazooka.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lobok posted:

It really is just normal boring business speak for any product. Products have lifecycles! They plan this stuff out! But I suppose it's detrimental to -- excuse me while I hack up some phlegm -- console warrior morale.

I think the camaraderie of us PS5 samurai during this trying time will keep us together yes indeed

rumors have cerny as lead architect on PS6 since around last year. to put it in perspective, the hardware post mortem usually takes place well in advance of a current console's halfway point. work on the PS4 began in earnest in 2008 after the PS3 post mortem in 2007. a similar thing happened for PS4 around 2015.

Pretty much, I know PS5 will still be around for some years after PS6 comes out, I just figured "second half" meant the second half of the period where the PS5 is their only main console out. What does post mortem mean here, I googled PS4 post mortem and didn't find much. Apparently they kept making them even after PS5 was released, at least until 2021.

Not that this is a very serious thing, it's just kind of funny to address this shocking Sony statement with much gravitas. Or to roast 'em a bit.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Welp, I liked Helldivers a lot more than I thought I would. Played for an hour and a half yesterday before bed and I've been thinking about it ever since. I played 3 missions with the same group of noobs getting the hang of things, then I got paired with a level 8 and a level 12 on the next mission, who insisted on clearing most of the map which got me a ton more medals and stuff. Then I bought the shotgun from the Warband and had to stop myself from playing another round to try it out because it was already after midnight.

I always like shooting better with a mouse and keyboard, so I got it on PC, and haven't had many issues so far. Just a crash to desktop the first time I tried getting into a game. Is it true that there's gyro aiming on PS5? Does it work on PC if I plug in my DualSense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Return of the 'PS5 Has no games'?
:getin: