Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Xenomrph posted:

They could be adding up views across multiple YouTube channels, maybe?

They would have to. Often the top search result for a new trailer isn't the studio's channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There's no post-credit scene in Madame Web according to the reviews.

Did something happen to Michael Keaton? :ohdear:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Morbius received a 15% score, so it will be close to see if Madam Web can break the record for lowest reviewed comic movie.

I was gonna say "God I hope so" because I would like Sony to learn a loving lesson already about the Spidey Minus Spidey Cinematic Universe being a bad idea but well, it keeps happening and they never do. That line from Pascal about the possibility of a live-action Miles after 2 more movies gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, they'll just make their own Spider-Man with blackjack and hookers without the MCU and sweep this whole embarrassing chapter under the rug. Unfortunately I feel like if they do their own Spidey they won't give up on this dumbass SInister Six project they're theatening teasing us with and just toss in Miles (or Pete, whatever) into the mix with loving Morbius.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Some Sony exec confirmed that she meant Spiderverse 3 and MCU Spider-Man 4 so at least those are movies that aren't specifically going to be Sonyverse poo poo.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Sockser posted:

https://x.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1757198658359951686

It’s morbin’ time, alright

I refuse to believe this is a clip from a completely edited and released film and it hasn't been chopped down to fit cleanly in a tweet, there's no way

No, no loving way, this defies the most absolutely basic day one poo poo you learn about filming and editing. How did they break the 180° rule and not even notice?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh god, how bad is Kraven gonna be? Do you think they'll just cancel it WB style?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kraven looked much better than anything they have shown with Madame Web

When I say 'better', that's a low bar, but it's still not as bad as MW

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh god, how bad is Kraven gonna be? Do you think they'll just cancel it WB style?

I feel bad for saying it considering that people have worked hard on it but frankly in a move I thought I'd never endorse, Sony should just take the tax credit just like they should've for this one. Unfortunately it seems like they're only capable of making the dumbest moves when it comes to superhero stuff (that's not Spider-Verse)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kraven looks boring but competent from what we've seen. Nothing like Madame Web or Morbius. It looks like a generic action movie that they just slapped the name Kraven on and slipped some jungle scenes into.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It actually stands for "Pepsi."

Seriously.

https://twitter.com/jeremylovesyall/status/1757418138835325268

Apparently, the Pepsi product placement in Madame Web is everywhere and so prevalent it becomes distracting. Multiple reviewers mention how weird it is that characters have dramatic talks with Pepsi cans as the focus of the shot - multiple times. The final fight also ends with a giant Pepsi sign defeating the villain.

Here's some fun ones:

They defeat the enemy by replacing his pepsi with a coke, don't they?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Madame Web becomes permanently blind after the blind taste test.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They trick him into drinking Pepsi and eating a Mentos.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jamesman posted:

I need to know if there's an after-credits scene in Madame Webb.

She meets her newest ally.

There's also a mid-credits scene where CM Punk shows up and injures himself.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh man, Eddy Burback is dreading his week next week.

I cannot wait

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

bunnyofdoom posted:

"They said my mother read the user reviews." BLAM

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Gavok posted:

She meets her newest ally.

There's also a mid-credits scene where CM Punk shows up and injures himself.

♫ Look in my web
what do you see
another origiiiiin stoooryyyy ♫

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

It actually stands for "Pepsi."

Seriously.

https://twitter.com/jeremylovesyall/status/1757418138835325268

Apparently, the Pepsi product placement in Madame Web is everywhere and so prevalent it becomes distracting. Multiple reviewers mention how weird it is that characters have dramatic talks with Pepsi cans as the focus of the shot - multiple times. The final fight also ends with a giant Pepsi sign defeating the villain.

Coke regretting selling Columbia Pictures in 1989 for a huge profit now. They never counted on the Madame Web synergy 35 years later.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I can't wait to Pep-SEE Madame Web this Valentine's Day.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Jamesman posted:

I can't wait to Pep-SEE Madame Web this Valentine's Day.

That's another weird thing. You could make the argument that even as a joke, Deadpool had some romantic tones to it. Like if you were generous, the parts of the movie where Wade is Wade before the whole Ajax thing, are kind of a zany romantic comedy set up. And they released it on Valentines day, but as a tongue in cheek joke like "Hey guys, your woman wants to go see a movie on the 14th? This might help convince her that this is a romance movie".

Does Madame Web even pretend that there's anything romantic at any point in the story/trailers? From what I've seen there are 4 women and 2 men featured in the movie, which is good numbers for an orgy, but not a rom-com.

Why release it on a Wednesday in February instead of a Friday, unless they are really hoping that they will get some good luck out of copying the above DP gimmick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People go to the movies on Valentine's Day, so when it's mid-week that week's releases often move up. There's 3 others releasing today too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

CzarChasm posted:

Why release it on a Wednesday in February instead of a Friday, unless they are really hoping that they will get some good luck out of copying the above DP gimmick.

Because Sony has a limited number of theater dates reserved for 2024 and they don't want to bump Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire, Venom 3, The Garfield Movie, The Mitchells vs. the Machines, Kraven the Hunter, or The Karate Kid 2 for Madame Web.

The only other time slot they had reserved for the first three months of 2024 was for The Book of Clarence and I guess they figured it didn't matter if there was some overlap between that and Madame Web. Valentine's day is one of the those days that tends to have higher movie ticket purchases than average and they weren't going to make it a summer blockbuster or sabotage one of their other movies, so Valentine's day makes the most sense.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Wait they're doing another Mitchells vs. the Machines? That's cool, I didn't think the first one was very popular.

Also, a Karate Kid movie? When Cobra Kai exists? Just.. Why

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Didn't they like, just start making that Karate Kid? Thought I saw a casting call for it the other day

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arist posted:

Didn't they like, just start making that Karate Kid? Thought I saw a casting call for it the other day

Filming hasn't started.

It's supposed to be released in December, so far.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

kiminewt posted:

Wait they're doing another Mitchells vs. the Machines? That's cool, I didn't think the first one was very popular.

It's the same as the original, but they are giving it a major theatrical release this summer. The original was a streaming-only collaboration with Netflix. It was very well received by critics, but Sony didn't make a ton of money off of it directly, which is why they are giving it a big summer release and hoping that it will make them a lot more money directly with a budget of basically $0 since it is already made.

Arist posted:

They announced the cast the other day. They have a theater block reserved in December for it, so it is supposed to be finished and part of their Christmas release slate this year.

That is a pretty fast turnaround for a modern movie, but not totally unheard of for a movie without a lot of CGI. Most principle filming is done in a couple months.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 14, 2024

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

It's release day for Madame Web and more reviews are coming out.

Morbius still clinging to the title and Madame Web hasn't quite been able to overtake him yet. We'll have to see if there is a late batch of reviews that push her ahead for the record.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1757544943453610067

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FF4 Cast Officially Revealed along with the first poster.

It is everyone who was rumored.

Looks like an extremely 1960's pastiche, which is what the rumored script included as well.

:siren: H.E.R.B.I.E. confirmed :siren:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1757798426748608927

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 14, 2024

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm cool with that cast. And now we await The Discourse about Pascal being over a decade older than Kirby.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Galactus is the only confirmed character who has not been officially cast yet (rumored to be Javier Bardem)

The only official details of the new script that have been confirmed are that it isn't an origin story and it involves Reed exploring/discovering the multiverse.

There were rumors/leaks that it was set in the 1960's, but those were based n the old script, so not clear if that is still in or not. The promo photo definitely looks like it has a very 1960's vibe, though.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

She's only 35, shes practically a child.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is that loving Herbie?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Love the vibe of that poster.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Fantastic Four: Problematic Age Gap.

Can Reed and Sue’s marriage survive the internet discourse of teenagers decrying their age gap? Who’s really behind this internet insanity? Is it the mysterious person behind the tumblr account “Psycho Man?”

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is that loving Herbie?

No. As Leon Trotsky 2012 said, it's H.E.R.B.I.E.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's a good cast. I hope for comics accurate Thing as well and going by the poster that looks like the goal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Moss-Bachrach has a good voice for Grimm

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The promo poster raises a new and important question:

Forget Galactus, who is voicing H.E.R.B.I.E.?

And will he have his absolutely bonkers comic storyline?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Along with the cast announcement, they have also delayed the FF4 release date again until July 25, 2025.

That is a roughly 3 month delay after the other most recent one year delay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Galactus is the only confirmed character who has not been officially cast yet (rumored to be Javier Bardem)

Even if they have him wear the canon hat, that will only be like the 3rd goofiest thing Bardem has worn on his head for a role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kiminewt posted:

Also, a Karate Kid movie? When Cobra Kai exists? Just.. Why

IIRC the new Karate Kid movie is bringing the reboot movie into alignment with Cobra Kai.