Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Grendels Dad posted:

I guess I can't blame Buddy for wanting to go to the WWE for personal reasons, long distance relationships suck. But he has even less of a chance to be used well than Miro, Malakai or Andrade, so I hope he isn't dumb enough to expect any kind of professional recognition or success.

The most recognition they'd get is a bunch of Fedbrains briefly pretending to care about them again before going back to regularly scheduled programming of Cody not finishing the story and Roman Reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i can see john cena

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i can see john cena

And is this John Cena in the room with us right now?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i can see john cena

No…that can’t be true…..

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i can see john cena

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/_featuringNate/status/1757535959233548744?t=Tzr1RdvkBmOYfmMsSHYcqg&s=19

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Edit: sorry he's turned his back on brock. ah.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 14, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Von Linus posted:

Sorry I'm in work and heavily moderated in what I can see, what's that tosser on about?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

good for him i hope brockle snar guy finds a new identity he can carve out for his own

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

romanreignsguy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

romanreignsguy

emf

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That whole era had people leveraging Twitter's early days to become big name fans, like they all wanted to be the new Sign Guy. You had Frank the WWE Clown, a guy I knew as Michael_V_WWE who eventually found clout as "Vincent Michaels"/"MeepMoopGuy", Brock Lesnar Guy, all with weirdly large followings. I guess it's slightly better than the current day trends of your Alfred Konuwas and your The Pro Wrestling Worlds but only slightly.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Frank is probably the one exception who grifted themselves a better life instead of just ruining the one they had by becoming a "famous fan"

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

green lantern fan guy died

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really can’t stand the “famous fan” thing. It’s so annoying. Extra annoying when they post videos of themselves at a live show reacting to a thing that’s happening. Like, who could possibly give a poo poo? How wrapped up in yourself do you have to be to think anyone needs to see your facial reaction to a royal rumble entrant or something? It’s so bizarre.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Incredible.

https://twitter.com/Cultaholic/status/1757768489144578495

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
3 hour livestream of me watching raw and doing the youtube thumbnail face at every entrance, finish and promo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

oh no

ok

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

lol, I was just going to post that same thing

"Whyyyy wrestle", indeed

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jade is being booked like goldberg in every way

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They're going to release her in a year aren't they lamo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

jade would challenge rhea ripley but unfortunately she's in jail across the street

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They're going to release her in a year aren't they lamo

Hell, given how ruthless Nick Khan's been about cutting costs, I'd be surprised if it she isn't part of the post-WM purge WWE's been doing the last few years.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I really can’t stand the “famous fan” thing. It’s so annoying. Extra annoying when they post videos of themselves at a live show reacting to a thing that’s happening. Like, who could possibly give a poo poo? How wrapped up in yourself do you have to be to think anyone needs to see your facial reaction to a royal rumble entrant or something? It’s so bizarre.

I was in a lot of an indies pictures for a while, to the point where people were complaining about me being in them. But like you get tanked up and start screaming from ringside the camera will go on you. It was funny and a little embarassing, but it was nice when people went 'HEY IT'S YOU' every now and then. But like that was once a month at the indies not following a show around the place.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I bet the SLOM would hit a lot sweeter if she and her husband didn't already have SLOM, but hopefully she's still happy with her choice.

But god drat this loving clown-rear end lovely company.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

It's going to be kinda hard for Jade to parlay her fame in WWE into movies, reality TV, etc., if she never actually appears on WWE programming

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Jade: DOA
Punk: Injured
Andrade: DOA
Cody: Embroiled in nonstop political bullshit
Beepie: loving THRIVING

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Beepie was always good

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Don't Sleepie on the Beepie

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Beepie Found His Level

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Von Linus posted:

Beepie Found His Level

King of the Bums

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I said when he jumped that WWE was perfect for Beepie.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

brock lesnar has been deleted

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

gallows and anderson are in NXT now?

lmao

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Remembering the halcyon days of Truple H saying they were training Jade the Right Way and that AEW had no idea what they were doing resulting in her appearing in one match and then getting released.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

(chuckles) sounds like jade needed to go to nxt

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's going to be kinda hard for Jade to parlay her fame in WWE into movies, reality TV, etc., if she never actually appears on WWE programming

She was in the Mountain Dew Superbowl commercial, I'll have you know.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

She was in the Mountain Dew Superbowl commercial, I'll have you know.

Last year Tyrus had a Super Bowl commercial and his career blossomed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They call her Jade Cargill because she's like Gill in that Car bit in the simpsons where he's like selling a car to homer and for a second it looks like gill will finally get a win onscreen since homer is so innocent that he wants to buy the first big red car he sees with no prompt or anything but then when gill is going to put a car on his name on the board another more talented car salesman swoops in and takes over the sale despite gill's begging. Jade