Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hollismason posted:

I feel like all the pollsters are wrong and there's going to be a blue wave.

They are going to get destroyed

People are utterly sick of their poo poo, and those people don't answer robocalls like Boo- I'm sorry, I almost said the forbidden word :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Preoptopus posted:

Reminder of Mark's totally normal daily routine for success.

2:30 a.m. — Wake up
2:45 a.m. — Prayer time
3:15 a.m. — Breakfast
3:40-5:15 a.m. — Workout
5:30 a.m. — Post-workout meal
6 a.m. — Shower
7:30 a.m. — Golf
8 a.m. — Snack
9:30 a.m. — Cryo chamber recovery
10:30 a.m. — Snack
11 a.m. — Family time, meetings, and work calls
1 p.m. — Lunch
2 p.m. — Meetings and work calls
3 p.m. — Pick up kids from school
3:30 p.m. — Snack
4 p.m. — Second workout
5 p.m. — Shower
5:30 p.m. — Dinner and family time
7:30 p.m. — Bedtime

Nobody's going to say anything about Cryo chamber recovery?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Radio Paranoia posted:

Nobody's going to say anything about Cryo chamber recovery?

What, you haven't gone to a spa to get frozen in carbonite like Han Solo for a power-nap?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hollismason posted:

Nate Silver is, and always has been, a bald fraud

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Hollismason posted:

I'm 90 percent sure narsostic is not a word.

Narcanostic will be a word one day.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
A year of listening to Jon Gabrus’s podcast means every time I hear Nassau the voice in my head will immediately go FROM THE SOUTH SHAW OF NASSAW COUNTY LAWN GUY LAND

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Hmmmmmm can’t put my finger on why they objected

quote:

Tennessee Republican Blocks Resolution Honoring Allison Russell
Tennessee Rep. Justin Jones (D-Nashville) sought to honor a pair of Nashville-based musical acts for their Grammy wins on Monday (February 12th) with ceremonial resolutions, but only Black singer-songwriter Allison Russell received an objection from a House Republican.

Jones brought forward two resolutions to honor Russell (Best American Roots Performance) and the band Paramore (Best Rock Album and Best Alternative Music Performance). In a procedural move, House Republican Caucus Chair Jeremy Faison (R-Cosby) objected to the Russell resolution.

According to The Tennessean, Faison’s objection meant that the resolution was sent back to committee, “where objected consent items often die.” According to House rules, no debate was required for the move, meaning that Faison was not forced to express his opposition to honoring the folk musician.

While the newspaper pointed out Russell has been a vocal critic of Tennessee Republicans for their anti-LGBTQ+ community legislation, so has Paramore vocalist Hayley Williams. The latter artist even performed at Jason Isbell and Russell’s 2023 fundraising concert protesting against Tennessee lawmakers’ efforts to target drag performers and members of the LGBTQ+ community.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hollismason posted:

There does seem to be a persistent gap in the same direction.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm not entirely against "this is why it's bad news for Biden" or "lol legacy media" but we could stand to dial it back a bit because it sort of dominated the last few pages

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

Anecdotal, but a friend of mine was working for the Democratic mayoral candidate in our city on election day and while holding up a sign at the polling site had multiple guys threaten physical violence and others just called him a groomer. When he tried to get someone holding a sign for the Republican to get to the mandated 100 feet from the polling location and had to deal with this guy in his face yelling for close to 10 minutes about how Democrats are ruining this country and laws aren't real anymore.

The craziest part is that this wasn't a contentious election, we've had a Republican mayor for 12 years and the one who won this election came away with a 30 point victory margin. If it is Trump/Biden in the fall I fully expect we'll be seeing dozens of clips of people getting attacked in line to vote. Probably at least one shooting or attempt to block people from voting by attacking a polling center.

mainstream media : why are regressive people soooo angry? is it because the dems have moved so much to the left and become so extreme?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Hollismason posted:

They are wrong, and there WILL be a blue wave.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Preoptopus posted:

Reminder of Mark's totally normal daily routine for success.

2:30 a.m. — Wake up
2:45 a.m. — Prayer time
3:15 a.m. — Breakfast
3:40-5:15 a.m. — Workout
5:30 a.m. — Post-workout meal
6 a.m. — Shower
7:30 a.m. — Golf
8 a.m. — Snack
9:30 a.m. — Cryo chamber recovery
10:30 a.m. — Snack
11 a.m. — Family time, meetings, and work calls
1 p.m. — Lunch
2 p.m. — Meetings and work calls
3 p.m. — Pick up kids from school
3:30 p.m. — Snack
4 p.m. — Second workout
5 p.m. — Shower
5:30 p.m. — Dinner and family time
7:30 p.m. — Bedtime

SEVEN hours of sleep? Fuckin sicko

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's like the 27 Yankees of morons

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

House GOP cope:

"Joe Biden won this district by 8 points, whereas Suozzi barely won yesterday by only 8 points!"

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm not entirely against "this is why it's bad news for Biden" or "lol legacy media" but we could stand to dial it back a bit because it sort of dominated the last few pages

I understand where you're coming from, but there are also "experts" right now going on about how the huge win in NY doesn't mean anything and that Biden is underperforming

(also we had like 20 pages of old guy trolling this thread without mod intervention last night)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This is gonna go as well as their other impeachment trial that turned into an embarrassing self-own

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hollismason posted:

idk if it will be a blue wave but i think biden wins and the house gets taken back.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This is going to be a hilarious disaster.

If I were a Republican who didn’t want to keep fumbling elections, one of my top priorities would be SHUTTING MTG THE gently caress UP.

Seriously, the party has given in to her and her voracious need for attention. In the minds of normie voters who don’t pay attention, she is a de facto spokesperson representing the party second only to Trump.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The Senate will vote to dispense with the impeachment rendering this entire thing moot

kazil posted:

I understand where you're coming from, but there are also "experts" right now going on about how the huge win in NY doesn't mean anything and that Biden is underperforming

(also we had like 20 pages of old guy trolling this thread without mod intervention last night)

That's fair, it's just there's only so many ways to say the same thing over and over

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that group couldn't manage a 7-Eleven

thread favorite - whats the over/under on MTG showing Hunter's Hog during the impeachment trial?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It’s almost kind of funny how much Trump complains about the media when they help him more than they hurt him.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Hmmmmmm can’t put my finger on why they objected

Allison is super cool and everyone itt should check out their music.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk if it will be a blue wave but i think biden wins and the house gets taken back.

I think even Republicans expect the House to switch.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

bobjr posted:

It’s almost kind of funny how much Trump complains about the media when they help him more than they hurt him.

It's because when he complains about them they help him even more.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that group couldn't manage a 7-Eleven

thread favorite - whats the over/under on MTG showing Hunter's Hog during the impeachment trial?

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I saw Hageman and actually thought Santos had returned, in drag.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
yet another impeachable offence, mayorkas denied giving rfk special secret service protection that people named kennedy are entitled to
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1757586766884909469

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This is going to be a hilarious disaster.

If I were a Republican who didn’t want to keep fumbling elections, one of my top priorities would be SHUTTING MTG THE gently caress UP.

Seriously, the party has given in to her and her voracious need for attention. In the minds of normie voters who don’t pay attention, she is a de facto spokesperson representing the party second only to Trump.

Hell no, don't give them good advice! MTG is going to hijack the impeachment hearing and it's going to be a glorious train-wreck full of laughs for years to come. Think of the laughs you'd deny us!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol that goons are still using over/under wrong after all these years

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Stink Billyums posted:

yet another impeachable offence, mayorkas denied giving rfk special secret service protection that people named kennedy are entitled to
https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1757586766884909469

How is it every picture of RFKs face is steadily worse than the last?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

bobjr posted:

If Trump didn't complain about the media, everything they would say about him and his Tremendous Presidency (broke sooo many records) would be straight up lies. Yellow journalism. Even now there are people that actually believe, truly believe, that he was a bad President or whatever nonsense. He fights the media just to get even 10% of the Facts out there to keep the American public well-informed. hth.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I swear to God Trump thread if you bite

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Reminder that previously while complaining about secret service protection, RFK casually dropped a 1488

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Republicans haven't unlocked the secret impeachment manager yet. They need to do four more impeachments, and then Akuma will be selectable.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Every time someone brings up BRODER, ask them what happened to the "Migrant Caravans" that suddenly were a thing right before the 2020 election and then nobody ever heard even a single word about them ever again.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

How is it every picture of RFKs face is steadily worse than the last?

He looks like a craggy-faced evil space god drawn by Jack Kirby

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Random Stranger posted:

Republicans haven't unlocked the secret impeachment manager yet. They need to do four more impeachments, and then Akuma will be selectable.

Akuma is broken, don't tell them how to unlock him.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
in biden's america they call him gouki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I swear to God Trump thread if you bite

please just 6er everyone who responds.