Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

MustardFacial posted:

You’re right, they’ll be bad in 2024 as well.

I like to leave some things as an exercise for the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

ilmucche posted:

Does anyone know anything about dehumidifiers? I have a bathroom with no window to the outside and I'm thinking it's a good idea to get a small one to keep the room dry/dry my clothes in there since the washing machine is there too

If you get one that works like a fridge (compressor?), keep in mind that their efficacy drops once you get under 20°C, and by the time it’s 10°-15° they do bugger all, so if it’s going to be in a cold space think about getting a desiccant model.
Also, as someone who owns a dehumidifier almost powerful enough for my flat, better to have one too powerful than not powerful enough.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Diorama posted:

If you get one that works like a fridge (compressor?), keep in mind that their efficacy drops once you get under 20°C, and by the time it’s 10°-15° they do bugger all, so if it’s going to be in a cold space think about getting a desiccant model.
Also, as someone who owns a dehumidifier almost powerful enough for my flat, better to have one too powerful than not powerful enough.

This is the one that was recommended to me. I think it'll easily do the bathroom, and should be powerful enough that if I have my laundry out in my bedroom it can dry things there.

I don't think my bathroom at least will ever drop that low, it's entirely interior in my flat

https://woods.se/en/shop/dehumidifiers/woods-mdx14/

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

a dehumidifier isn't going to do jackshit at 100% saturated moisture which condenses on the walls. and I don't run my bathroom fan to dry my poo poo. consider fixing your extractor fan . or die a painful death. likely your structure will imminently collapse, while you are sick on the toilet

good luck op

also consider showering in cold water. outside like the dog you are

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The new Mercedes: it's got some silver on it this time

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1757710419500614030

the new Aston Martin: might be up there with the Ferrari in terms of color to carbon ratio

https://twitter.com/chrismedlandf1/status/1756951875461542340

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

harperdc posted:

The new Mercedes: it's got some silver on it this time

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/1757710419500614030

Looking forward to Lewis getting in there in this

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Please stop gesturing towards your butthole when you tell Lewis to get in there

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Colostomy Bag posted:

For about the first 2 laps.

Remember at the start of the 2022 season when we all though Chuck was going to clown on Max non stop? :negative:

Sunk Dunk posted:

Please stop gesturing towards your butthole when you tell Lewis to get in there

No :colbert:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

net work error posted:

Looking forward to Sir Lewis Hamilton having a fantastic year in this, finally beating hack fraud Max Verstappen to the championship during the last race in Abu Dhabi and clinching his 8th WDC before enjoying his red-uniformed retirement.

Sorry, I'm getting a little flustered.

The Ferrari looks good, the Aston Martin looks ace, and I gotta say that Sauber is growing on me.

e:

GramCracker posted:

Remember at the start of the 2022 season when we all though Chuck was going to clown on Max non stop? :negative:

That first race was a JOY to watch. Pity it went so far downhill so quickly.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Aston wants to be a strong evolution because it was poo poo in the last half of the year

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ethanol posted:

a dehumidifier isn't going to do jackshit at 100% saturated moisture which condenses on the walls. and I don't run my bathroom fan to dry my poo poo. consider fixing your extractor fan . or die a painful death. likely your structure will imminently collapse, while you are sick on the toilet

good luck op

also consider showering in cold water. outside like the dog you are

Welcome back, tony

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Have you considered just letting the mold grow so that when Ferrari poo poo the bed however many races into the season, you can enjoy the delirium from the mold spores instead of the harsh reality.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

The Aston wants to be a strong evolution because it was poo poo in the last half of the year

otmar's curse

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

Have you considered just letting the mold grow so that when Ferrari poo poo the bed however many races into the season, you can enjoy the delirium from the mold spores instead of the harsh reality.

Everybody in the thread choosing to Brittany Murphy themselves rather than having to witness the Verstappenreich

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Everybody in the thread choosing to Brittany Murphy themselves rather than having to witness the Verstappenreich

I think I'd rather Ronnie McNutt myself.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I think I'd rather Ronnie McNutt myself.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
For these car reveals, are they really revealing the car or just the livery? That is, are these the actual cars they'll be doing winter testing with or are they last year's model with this year's livery? If the former, are there any takeaways about design strategies for 2024?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They are livery reveals mainly

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

bgreman posted:

For these car reveals, are they really revealing the car or just the livery? That is, are these the actual cars they'll be doing winter testing with or are they last year's model with this year's livery? If the former, are there any takeaways about design strategies for 2024?

I read somewhere that there's some new aero around the wheels. I haven't been able to spot much else.

Aero on the undercarriage is a huge factor but they try not to ever show it off.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

livery reveals are the stupidest part of this sport

wow your 30 sponsor billboard is red 🫨

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I had spaghetti last night to honor Hamilton's passione

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

net work error posted:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

bgreman posted:

Some random youtube video pointed out to me that it seems every single team is doing push-rod rear suspension this year except Ferrari, who has said in some interview something along the lines of "eh, we don't think it matters all that much".

Also everyone seems to be copying last year's Red Bull sidepod intake structure.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm genuinely interested in this season now because I've never been as disinterested in a season before it even began. Given the SF-44 news only 2025 is interesting now, so my expectations are so spectacularly low for 2024 that I cannot but be impressed by whatever actually happens. Looking forward to 2024. What a great sport.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-Nqh5Yn-I

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The only good reveal for any racing team this year has been the Honda MotoGP one and that's because their bike was so completely hosed that their best rider left and they had to significantly change the bike. Also they allegedly got in a slap fight with their title sponsor Repsol over money so now its just like a tiny part of the bike compared to last year lmfao

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

bgreman posted:

All of the above, honestly. Even when they're launching the "actual" car, not just the 2023 car with the 2024 livery, the photos are still not going to look anything like the cars we'll see in Bahrain. The McLaren launch photos (maybe renders) are very obviously photoshopped around the floor, for example. Ferrari is already trying multiple different engine covers in their shakedown runs. So it's probably much too early to tell.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So I suppose we won't know until testing whether Mercedes have actually ditched the no-sidepods idea?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

car designs often change part way through the seasons so it's hard to tell - I'm sure they probably don't want to give their poo poo away with multiple angle shots to the other teams before testing

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Tony quidprano posted:

The only good reveal for any racing team this year has been the Honda MotoGP one and that's because their bike was so completely hosed that their best rider left and they had to significantly change the bike. Also they allegedly got in a slap fight with their title sponsor Repsol over money so now its just like a tiny part of the bike compared to last year lmfao
As with Schumi under Ferrari, Honda turned to poo poo because they had the best rider in history riding it and he was able to ride around their bad engineering. A better bike would have had his teammates near him in the championship. Unlike Ducati which makes the best bikes and all Ducatis win. Even the second tier Ducatis which aren't supposed to beat the Ducati Ducatis. That's how good Ducatis are. I lament the death of the Good Japanese Bike (Yamaha) though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

Sounds like that’s partially true:

quote:

Firstly, the loss of Red Bull, who departed HRC when Marc Marquez left the team, has freed up a lot of space on the fairing. And an additional bonus: with both Luca Marini and Joan Mir banned from having their own energy drinks sponsorship, they have a much cleaner and more pronounced helmet design.

The second reason is that with the departure of Marc Marquez, Repsol are paying Honda much less in sponsorship. That makes little net difference to Honda's budget: a large part of the Repsol sponsorship was going toward paying Marquez anyway, so the amount Honda have to spend on the project remains roughly the same.

But yeah this is the least Repsol on the bike since the 1994 season which was between the Rothmans and Repsol sponsorships.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Ferrari so confident that they post a slow pitstop on social media to mindfuck the competitors

https://x.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1758102244489035974?s=20

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

harperdc posted:

Sounds like that’s partially true:

But yeah this is the least Repsol on the bike since the 1994 season which was between the Rothmans and Repsol sponsorships.

I mean that's exactly what I said except it was typed out by a 60 year old computer janitor who decided to become a motoGP journalist so it isn't as spiced up.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

refleks posted:

Ferrari so confident that they post a slow pitstop on social media to mindfuck the competitors

They had all the tires ready when the car arrived. That's a good pitstop for Ferrari

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

refleks posted:

Magnifico.

Will go to hell on lap 21 at Bahrain.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They don't need to rush the stops when they are a second a lap faster than the competition

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao... looks like its gone now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Red Bull are doing a live stream at the moment with a fake Top Gear studio look and Christian Horner is there, which seems bold

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Red Bull are doing a live stream at the moment with a fake Top Gear studio look and Christian Horner is there, which seems bold

given the history of top gear that's not entirely off brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

was there ever news as to what exactly christian was accused of