Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

sorry if you are down i have been there i dont mean to belittle how it feels. but you are strong and deep and itll be ok man. it hurts but scars are wisdom too eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I like to be actual friends with someone before being their partner as I feel that forges the strongest relationship, and how this has played out basically means my already small single digit friend group has been whittled down by a significant margin feels devastating. Closure would be nice, hell it would solve all my issues plain as day tbh, but the fact is we're never entitled to it.

Aside from that I have been having a pretty awful time trying to learn in general lately. I'm reading books and nothing is sticking, which really sucks because my entire method of learning was to look at information once and retain it forever. So I'm honestly not sure how to learn outside of my typical instant osmosis. Fun stuff.

Meditation is still easy, in fact I meditate most of the day. But I've been having a very hard time finding energy to do guided meditation, especially with the Gateway tapes. I don't know, I feel.... closed off? I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't even made any attempts with Gateway in quite a few months for various reasons.

poo poo is all hosed up.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i hate being out of sync like that. everythings wrong and bitter. hang in there, the silver lining is being able to clearly articulate and feel the misery means you are clearly able and deserving of experiencing the opposite too

in my own life its always at the end my own anchors pulling me down and holding me back. you are the strongest and most stable thing you can possibly know and you are the one who will get through this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

late in the night (early morning) I had a dream where I met the machine elves. they were in the corner of a basement of a house behind the boiler room. they didn’t want me there and one of them threw some kind of device at me that instantly woke me up.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

late in the night (early morning) I had a dream where I met the machine elves. they were in the corner of a basement of a house behind the boiler room. they didn’t want me there and one of them threw some kind of device at me that instantly woke me up.

McKenna told a story about being offered a DMT pipe in a dream and then having an actual DMT trip off of it, and also maybe you are psychic now

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

The Demilich posted:

Aside from that I have been having a pretty awful time trying to learn in general lately. I'm reading books and nothing is sticking, which really sucks because my entire method of learning was to look at information once and retain it forever. So I'm honestly not sure how to learn outside of my typical instant osmosis. Fun stuff.

I might be able to help with this. I have trouble focusing and a terrible memory, so I accept that I have to work through books slowly. I highlight important lines, take notes with page numbers, and add bookmarks for sections I want to reference often. I also take short breaks to do further research when I get to something that I think deserves more of my attention.

And even then, I might not remember things as well as I'd like. But I'm more comfortable with that knowing that my book is all marked up from my previous readthrough and will be easier to return to.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

anyone watch the sol foundation videos yet? i'm having a hard time mustering up the mettle to listen to gary nolan talk about isotope ratios or whatever

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/matthew_pines/status/1757223639160680789

helta has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Feb 14, 2024

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Rickshaw posted:

anyone watch the sol foundation videos yet? i'm having a hard time mustering up the mettle to listen to gary nolan talk about isotope ratios or whatever

I watched Karl Nell and Kevin Knuth videos, albeit with closed captions because I'm at work. Would recommend.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I watched Nolan's. It was good. Matt Ford interviewed several of them if you want a more casual discussion of some of the same topics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-XcLvDLdws

Those Karl Nell slides are something else. Not even bothering with "if" anymore.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

LMAO tag yourself:
    Meta-Physical
  • Ascended "Masters"
  • Disembodied Spirits / Consciousnesses
  • Incorporeal / Bosonic Lifeforms
    Time Travel
  • Humans From Future
  • Humans From Past
  • Humans From Alternate Timeline
  • Non-Human Entity
    Hyper-D "Brane"
  • ≤ 3-D "Avatar"
    - Hologram / "Telepresence"
    - Automaton
    - Artificial Lifeform
  • Projection / "Shadow"
    - 0-to-2 Dimensional
    - 3 Dimensional
    - Fractal Dimensional
    ≤ 3-D Entity From Hyperspace
  • "Compactified" Dimensions
  • Hyperspace "Bulk"
  • Disconnected Hyperspace
    Extra Terrestrial
  • Solar System
  • Inter-Stellar
  • Inter-Galactic
  • Unknown Region of Our Space-Time
    Crypto-Terrestrial
  • Ancient / Proto-Human Survival
  • Breakaway Civilization
  • Cryptids / Humanoids
  • Stranded "Gods"
[UFOs]"Your Non-Human Entity gives Hyper-D 'Brane!?'"

UTH represents a grade rather than a clade :eng99:

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 17:11 on Feb 14, 2024

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

thought 3.1.4 was “Bosniac lifeforms” for a second and wondered why they were being so rude

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i dunno how useful organizing hypotheses into a chart like this would be unless you're studying idk social structure or trying to make predictions based on human response to ideas, rather than trying to study the actual ideas themselves. This seems sociological? Like i would think to do something similar to this if i was trying to study the thread, not uap.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this definition includes at minimum great apes, most birds, cetaceans, elephantids, cephalopods and at the same time EXCLUDES astral beings

not a good definition !!

edit

I misread the chart

it’s hard for me to read !!

euphronius has issued a correction as of 17:18 on Feb 14, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

also … cats ???

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I like the psycho-sexual branch of the tree

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

WEH posted:

thought 3.1.4 was “Bosniac lifeforms” for a second and wondered why they were being so rude

i'm a hyperspace bohunk

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

LMAO tag yourself:
    Meta-Physical
  • Ascended "Masters"
  • Disembodied Spirits / Consciousnesses
  • Incorporeal / Bosonic Lifeforms
    Time Travel
  • Humans From Future
  • Humans From Past
  • Humans From Alternate Timeline
  • Non-Human Entity
    Hyper-D "Brane"
  • ≤ 3-D "Avatar"
    - Hologram / "Telepresence"
    - Automaton
    - Artificial Lifeform
  • Projection / "Shadow"
    - 0-to-2 Dimensional
    - 3 Dimensional
    - Fractal Dimensional
    ≤ 3-D Entity From Hyperspace
  • "Compactified" Dimensions
  • Hyperspace "Bulk"
  • Disconnected Hyperspace
    Extra Terrestrial
  • Solar System
  • Inter-Stellar
  • Inter-Galactic
  • Unknown Region of Our Space-Time
    Crypto-Terrestrial
  • Ancient / Proto-Human Survival
  • Breakaway Civilization
  • Cryptids / Humanoids
  • Stranded "Gods"
[UFOs]"Your Non-Human Entity gives Hyper-D 'Brane!?'"

UTH represents a grade rather than a clade :eng99:

yeah i wasn't clear on why stranded "gods" is not occult or transcendental, and why simulation is occult. i guess gnosticism is similar to simulation, the matrix stuff is just gnosticism for computer nerds. but what is a "god?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

actually struggling to read it now and it’s pretty good .

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

also … cats ???

we know about cats

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i dunno how useful organizing hypotheses into a chart like this would be unless you're studying idk social structure or trying to make predictions based on human response to ideas, rather than trying to study the actual ideas themselves. This seems sociological? Like i would think to do something similar to this if i was trying to study the thread, not uap.

It's just a way to list all the possibilities and group them into categories. Visually it does help to see things, like most of our ideas are in the physical realm.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is my personally (loosely held ) theory atm

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rickshaw posted:

The Sol Foundation, to me, is yet another circle of secret-keeping spooks who have been formed to frame the "disclosure" narrative in the most palatable way possible.

Garry Nolan's video especially was maddening. 35 minutes of chat about metal isotopes of supposed UAP bits, concluding that they are the result of an "industrial process". NICAP published the exact same findings about the Ubatuba sample decades ago without any of Nolan's equipment, yet here he is in 2023 saying the same thing. Nothing new. David Grusch has claimed we literally have crafts and bodies squirreled away in private industry, so I'm not really going to get excited about waiting for further analysis of metal trash from incidents 50+ years ago. Nolan is a very rich man, and I can't help but think of the millions of dollars he has received from the DoD/FDA and whether that might influence his role in all this.

I am also not particularly excited about their long-term disclosure plans, as it seems to me that the "catastrophic disclosure" they want to avoid is probably catastrophic only for government/corporate interests.

I watched a few more of the videos and they were fairly interesting, but not really anything new. I liked Kevin Knuth and the guy with the funky shirt that talked about human levitation.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

squarks, gluinos, sdown squarks, snuetrinos, heckin charginos

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“emanations of the godhead” is so broad it probably doesn’t work as a nested category

I mean like yeah that’s everything

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

Hatebag posted:

squarks, gluinos, sdown squarks, snuetrinos, heckin charginos

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

euphronius posted:

“emanations of the godhead” is so broad it probably doesn’t work as a nested category

I mean like yeah that’s everything

that could refer to the emanations of sophia which resulted in the false reality of gnosticism. or if could refer to the real reality emanated by yahweh. we just don't know

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
https://twitter.com/marksatter/status/1757805591316058144

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

uhhhhhh

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

https://twitter.com/marksatter/status/1757805713714295193

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Probably just warmongering against Iran

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

ET is hamas?!?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

WEH posted:

lol. On the other hand, same category as psychotronics & extraordinary potential. Basically xmen?

euphronius posted:

this definition includes at minimum great apes, most birds, cetaceans, elephantids, cephalopods and at the same time EXCLUDES astral beings

not a good definition !!

They gotta mean sapient. Almost all animals are in this. Then they assume some definition of sapient and don't define it on the slide.

Hatebag posted:

yeah i wasn't clear on why stranded "gods" is not occult or transcendental, and why simulation is occult. i guess gnosticism is similar to simulation, the matrix stuff is just gnosticism for computer nerds. but what is a "god?"

I think the quotes are supposed to imply that it's not actually a god but perhaps represents itself as one to humans? But it's a physical object or organism, not a so-called "god." The matrix would be metaphysical because it's outside of all of physics as we know it?

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's just a way to list all the possibilities and group them into categories. Visually it does help to see things, like most of our ideas are in the physical realm.

Yeah i guess so. :shrug:

euphronius posted:

actually struggling to read it now and it’s pretty good .

1: Physical Hypotheses:
Intradimensional:
Prosaic: (bla bla bla, we all heard it, light reflecting off uranus)
Human: Governmental / Extragovernmental / Intergovernmental / Private - Commercial
then all the stuff i posted.

Interdimensional:
    Multiverse:
  • Portal / Wormhole
  • Colliding Universes
  • Parallel Universes
  • QFT "Many Worlds"
Time Travel: Additional Time Dimension(s)
    Scale Invariance:
  • Macro Quantum Fluctuation
  • Distance Recursion
  • Pan-Galactic Entanglement
  • Unobserved "Vibratory Modes"
  • Conformal Cyclic Cosmology

Green zone, Pyscho-Social
    Sociological
  • Hypnosis
  • Mass Hysteria
  • Memetic Virus
  • Conditioning / Disinformation
  • Hoax
    Psychological:
  • False Belief / Misinterpretation
  • Fallible / Screen Memory
  • Psychosomatic Disorder
  • Psychosis / Hallucination
  • Collective Unconscious
    Neurological:
  • Psychedelics / Pharmacology
  • Pathology / Trauma
  • Neurodivergence
  • High Intuition / Functioning
  • "Alien" Implants

Orange zone, metaphysical
    Paranormal:
  • Psychotronics / Extraordinary Potential
  • NDE / OBE
    some stuff from before
  • Mediumship / Possession
  • New Physics
    Occult:
  • Hidden Powers of Nature
    Ascended masterfs from before
  • "Maya" / Sensory Delusion
  • Artificial Reality / Matrix Simulation
  • Altered / Alternate Reality
  • Absolute World of Archetypes
    Transcendental:
  • "Gaia" / Nature Spirits
  • Angelic Beings
  • "Djinn" / Neutral Powers
  • Demonic Forces
  • Hierarchy of Being
  • Emanations of Godhead

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hatebag posted:

that could refer to the emanations of sophia which resulted in the false reality of gnosticism. or if could refer to the real reality emanated by yahweh. we just don't know

it could also refer to the mechanism of emanation. Hierarchy of being is even shittier and less identifiable imo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

let's go to war with ET I guess
whatever

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

The Demilich posted:

Decided to do a tarot spread regarding the one that ghosted me, cause the wound cut deep as hell. I know I shouldn't but it being Valentine's day has me feeling melancholic, especially after they posted some fiction related topics I by default found interesting (especially their commentary). The fact that these posts are probably the last time I'll hear their voice hit pretty hard as well.

2 card spread: Factors to consider that pulled/are pulling us apart. Will there a reconciliation?
3rd card: overall tone to help interpret the 2 cards

4 of Swords (reversed), The Emperor (reversed)
2 of Swords
I had similar feelings regarding a couple people back when I did my Death card reading itt (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?&threadid=3967914&pagenumber=2298&perpage=40#post537582604). Those feelings weren't the main focus of my ritual, but the results did speak to answering them too. Especially the idea of closing old doors. I realized how much keeping those old doors open had been sapping my power, physical, mental, and spiritual. When I decided "the time for things to happen with them has past, I am done thinking about them", the power and confidence finally started to come back to me. That may be part of why you feel so stopped up. Good searching to you, it will be okay.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I might be able to help with this. I have trouble focusing and a terrible memory, so I accept that I have to work through books slowly. I highlight important lines, take notes with page numbers, and add bookmarks for sections I want to reference often. I also take short breaks to do further research when I get to something that I think deserves more of my attention.

And even then, I might not remember things as well as I'd like. But I'm more comfortable with that knowing that my book is all marked up from my previous readthrough and will be easier to return to.
This is great advice. The more intentional and active you can make the process of reading and learning, the better you'll be able to remember it. It will be slower, especially at first, but the difference in the amount of information you actually absorb is incredible.

Andy Pandy posted:

The Sol Foundation, to me, is yet another circle of secret-keeping spooks who have been formed to frame the "disclosure" narrative in the most palatable way possible.

Garry Nolan's video especially was maddening. 35 minutes of chat about metal isotopes of supposed UAP bits, concluding that they are the result of an "industrial process". NICAP published the exact same findings about the Ubatuba sample decades ago without any of Nolan's equipment, yet here he is in 2023 saying the same thing. Nothing new. David Grusch has claimed we literally have crafts and bodies squirreled away in private industry, so I'm not really going to get excited about waiting for further analysis of metal trash from incidents 50+ years ago. Nolan is a very rich man, and I can't help but think of the millions of dollars he has received from the DoD/FDA and whether that might influence his role in all this.

I am also not particularly excited about their long-term disclosure plans, as it seems to me that the "catastrophic disclosure" they want to avoid is probably catastrophic only for government/corporate interests.

I watched a few more of the videos and they were fairly interesting, but not really anything new. I liked Kevin Knuth and the guy with the funky shirt that talked about human levitation.
I don't disagree, but it's nice that even spooks have to acknowledge uncomfortable realities sometimes. I'm still working my way through all the videos since I missed these when they first came around, but I agree Kevin Knuth's video was good. I also really appreciated Peter Skafish's talk for the sociological side.

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

let's go to war with ET I guess
whatever

i will be going to the grocery store and making a huge charcuterie board for them instead of this

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

inchworm posted:

i will be going to the grocery store and making a huge charcuterie board for them instead of this

hell yeah
don't skip out on the honey

honey+goatcheese+prosciutto is a perfect bite

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

we've received credible evidence that radar has hidden weapons of mass destruction in iraq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Mike Turner was one of the dudes that killed the Schumer bill, doubt he's clamoring for bird disclosure.