Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that group couldn't manage a 7-Eleven

thread favorite - whats the over/under on MTG showing Hunter's Hog during the impeachment trial?

Common misconception. "hunter's hog" is a kenning, a poetic metaphor or turn of phrase. MTG is "Hunter's Hog" in the same way that Sétanta is Cu Chulainn (Culain's hound).

Where Marj goes, so goes Hunter's Hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay so odds that Greene tries to impeach Biden while temporarily speaker

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Haystack posted:

Epimetheus, the Greek titian of loving everything up.

Whose name means "after throught", as in "oops, I shouldn't have done that".

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

*loses a competitive election*

“Hey America, are you still not sick enough of our poo poo?! Here’s Speaker-for-the-day MTG on Valentine’s Day!!!!”

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Hasn't Greene been Speaker-of-the-Day before? I recall a moment where she called for order and civility from the podium and house Dems just laughed

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So the Dems will just openly mock her again today.

Also lmao at the people running that impeachment "trial"

So does that mean the Senate have to take it up now, and just say "this is stupid"

Or does the House have to present evidence now, and the Senate can just not even bother to hear it?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

nobodygetshurt posted:

"I WANT TO BE LOVED, LOVE ME, I NEED LOVE WHY WON'T SOMEBODY LOVE ME, I WANT TO BE LOVED, LOVE ME!"

chuds: "gently caress yeah this guy is leader material"

Best part is, there’s a multitude of chuds who loves him unconditionally but he doesn’t give a poo poo about those icky poor people. He wants to be loved by the rich establishment. I think he knows deep down that even the GOP mouthpieces that carry his water detest his stinky rear end :allears:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Okay so odds that Greene tries to impeach Biden while temporarily speaker

Pretty high. It's what the American people demand and she'd be a hero to many more people, maybe some even in this very thread I'd wager, if she did this. Pretty good chance it either goes through or it exposes the Great Fraud being perpetuated by the current American President of the United States of America. Win/win for the Red Wave.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

Reminder of Mark's totally normal daily routine for success.

2:30 a.m. — Wake up
2:45 a.m. — Prayer time
3:15 a.m. — Breakfast
3:40-5:15 a.m. — Workout
5:30 a.m. — Post-workout meal
6 a.m. — Shower
7:30 a.m. — Golf
8 a.m. — Snack
9:30 a.m. — Cryo chamber recovery
10:30 a.m. — Snack
11 a.m. — Family time, meetings, and work calls
1 p.m. — Lunch
2 p.m. — Meetings and work calls
3 p.m. — Pick up kids from school
3:30 p.m. — Snack
4 p.m. — Second workout
5 p.m. — Shower
5:30 p.m. — Dinner and family time
7:30 p.m. — Bedtime

That one and a half hour morning snack is so intense he needs an hour to recover and then another snack. #relatable

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Suozzi is a weird name, are they Finnish?

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Hasn't Greene been Speaker-of-the-Day before? I recall a moment where she called for order and civility from the podium and house Dems just laughed

Probably. Anyone from the majority who wants it can do it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mark Wahlberg spends all day gooning in a VR headset.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Lpzie posted:

Pretty high. It's what the American people demand and she'd be a hero to many more people, maybe some even in this very thread I'd wager, if she did this. Pretty good chance it either goes through or it exposes the Great Fraud being perpetuated by the current American President of the United States of America. Win/win for the Red Wave.

The GOP letting their smelliest glue-eater drive the bus for the day and she beelines straight into a tiger pit? Yeah I'd applaud that

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Hollismason posted:

I feel like all the pollsters are wrong and there's going to be a blue wave.

Sure hope so. That weird rear end recent NBC poll that had Trump up 19 points over Biden with independents (wtf) would mean a landslide if it was even half right.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TulliusCicero posted:

They are going to get destroyed

People are utterly sick of their poo poo, and those people don't answer robocalls like Boo- I'm sorry, I almost said the forbidden word :rolleyes:

Boober was my favorite Fraggle.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't they make a different person speaker of the day almost every working day? Tune into c span. It's never the actual speaker up there

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Yeah, it's one of my favorite Cronenberg movies, or at least was.

At least I still have Scanners, tho

Look at my avatar.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Don't they make a different person speaker of the day almost every working day? Tune into c span. It's never the actual speaker up there

Yeah MTG being speaker's pet is both not new (she did it under McCarthy at least once) and the practice is not noteworthy on its face. I'm not sure why this time it managed to make it into the conversation, I guess it's because it's also Valentine's Day? idk

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=depsFULhqV8

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I remember some goon catching a sixer because he posted that RFK Jr looked like the kind of guy who would pay people to take a dump on his face, but I can’t help but think that whenever I see his photo now. It wouldn’t even have to be like a sick sexual kink or anything, but just something he budgets time for in his day between his own second workout and cryo-recovery sessions.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Yeah MTG being speaker's pet is both not new (she did it under McCarthy at least once) and the practice is not noteworthy on its face. I'm not sure why this time it managed to make it into the conversation, I guess it's because it's also Valentine's Day? idk

It's never not funny when Marge gets to be substitute speaker

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Almost Smart posted:

I remember some goon catching a sixer because he posted that RFK Jr looked like the kind of guy who would pay people to take a dump on his face, but I can’t help but think that whenever I see his photo now. It wouldn’t even have to be like a sick sexual kink or anything, but just something he budgets time for in his day between his own second workout and cryo-recovery sessions.

You’re welcome

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The Speaker pro tempore has no power - it's just a formality if the speaker can't preside over the chamber. They just do what the parliamentarian tells them to

When it'd get real fun is if she ignores the parliamentarian

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

:psyduck: What kind of hosed up valentine's are the Economist writers getting?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Shishkahuben posted:

The GOP letting their smelliest glue-eater drive the bus for the day and she beelines straight into a tiger pit? Yeah I'd applaud that

I dunno if I'd analogize the current (temporary) sitting President of the United States (Joe Biden) and his administration as a Tiger Pit. But I understand what you mean. There're a lot of subtle threats and intimidation tactics that the Democrats are known for (see Epstein, McAfee, etc) that could be used to silence MTG. I think she'll be fine though; she's smart and works out a lot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Sure hope so. That weird rear end recent NBC poll that had Trump up 19 points over Biden with independents (wtf) would mean a landslide if it was even half right.

I think this speaks more to the fact that independent isn't a real thing. If you're willing to vote Republican at this point you're just an embarrassed Republican.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Independent voters are a loving myth or they're the dumbest loving people on Earth.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If you're gonna troll Lpzie at least be funny dude and not boring

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Youth Decay posted:

This is a photoshop thread waiting to happen

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

Probably ones written exclusively by Andrew Tate:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I rubbed one out
to the memory of you.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Call Your Grandma posted:

i friggin hate old people so much!!!

Buddy, do I have some good news for you!

Vampire Panties posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that group couldn't manage a 7-Eleven

thread favorite - whats the over/under on MTG showing Hunter's Hog during the impeachment trial?

I'd guess 40 minutes, but I'm not a bookie :shrug:

Personally, I'd take the under at 25 minutes :lol:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol that goons are still using over/under wrong after all these years

No point in betting on the odds when they're 100%, just a matter of "how soon" :laffo:

Lpzie posted:

I dunno if I'd analogize the current (temporary) sitting President of the United States (Joe Biden) and his administration as a Tiger Pit. But I understand what you mean. There're a lot of subtle threats and intimidation tactics that the Democrats are known for (see Epstein, McAfee, etc) that could be used to silence MTG. I think she'll be fine though; she's smart and works out a lot.

Icarus right into a sixer :hmbol:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

So the Dems will just openly mock her again today.

Also lmao at the people running that impeachment "trial"

So does that mean the Senate have to take it up now, and just say "this is stupid"

Or does the House have to present evidence now, and the Senate can just not even bother to hear it?

The senate is required to hold "a trial", but there's no guideline in the Constitution for what that means. A smart move would be to ask for charges, go "There's no high crime or misdemeanor there," and then immediately go to a vote. It'll take an hour for the senate and Chief Justice Roberts to do this, and then give a rebuke to the idiots in the house.

We'll see what actually happens, but denying them the opportunity to grandstand and tell them they didn't meet the constitutional requirements is a way to shut this down fast. They want to spend a week spouting their nonsense with national media coverage, and you might as well deny them that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

"Dear Billionaires, I will lower your taxes, gently caress the poor" IS a Valentine from Trump as far as The Economist is concerned.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Hollismason posted:

Independent voters are a loving myth or they're the dumbest loving people on Earth.

I think it's mostly people who understand that they should vote, but need someone to tell them who to vote for. I recall a chef once tweeting that his restaurant has chicken tenders on the menu because "some people are hungry but they don't like the taste of food", and I think independent voters are the political equivalent.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Lpzie posted:

:maga:

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

:yooge: I'm gonna move on you like a bitch

"HAPPY" VALENTINE'S DAY FROM YOUR FAVORITE VALENTINE (ME!)

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

You're welcome Seth

embarrassing

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Jonny Quest posted:

Probably ones written exclusively by Andrew Tate:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I rubbed one out
to the memory of you.

Andrew Tate must be one of those semen retention guys. No way he jerks it.

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018
I love how we’re careening towards another shutdown, and the house decided to spend a day with MTG at the helm. :lol:

We’re never going to have a FY24 budget, are we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

find u someone that loves u like the media loves TRUMP