Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Chewbecca posted:

be that as it may
after unification, italy was looking to roll out the sardinia-piedmontese anti-homosexuality laws nationwide. but they remembered the neapolitans, and were like wait. this is never going to work. and the south got an exemption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The inverse of the sick day thing is if you do have them you face questions over being away one day then back the next. "What kind of illness or ailment resolves itself after just one day?" :confused: Me not loving feeling like showing up, that's what! Usually resolves itself after a day- but if you insist, I'll take two! :newlol:

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

colonize threads. this is an american chat thread now.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Imagine being an Italian and being told by men with guns to make peasant food from the south my god the depravity

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

nice obelisk idiot posted:

after unification, italy was looking to roll out the sardinia-piedmontese anti-homosexuality laws nationwide. but they remembered the neapolitans, and were like wait. this is never going to work. and the south got an exemption

They still invented pizza

post COVID posted:

colonize threads. this is an american chat thread now.

No! No!!!!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

exmarx posted:

Pizza is a prime example. “Discs of dough topped with ingredients,” as Grandi calls them, were pervasive all over the Mediterranean for centuries: piada, pida, pita, pitta, pizza. But in 1943, when Italian-American soldiers were sent to Sicily and travelled up the Italian peninsula, they wrote home in disbelief: there were no pizzerias. Before the war, Grandi tells me, pizza was only found in a few southern Italian cities, where it was made and eaten in the streets by the lower classes. His research suggests that the first fully fledged restaurant exclusively serving pizza opened not in Italy but in New York in 1911. “For my father in the 1970s, pizza was just as exotic as sushi is for us today,” he adds.

I'm reading this as there was pizza everywhere yet the Americans were like can you believe there's no loving pizza here because none of the places serving it had the Pizza Hut roof

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Chewbecca posted:

They still invented pizza
Yeah kind of non-sequitur acecdote i had just learned about naples there. naples doesn't come up that often.

Dokapon Findom posted:

I'm reading this as there was pizza everywhere yet the Americans were like can you believe there's no loving pizza here because none of the places serving it had the Pizza Hut roof
What the gently caress is this lovely bread with anchovies baked into it. *cocks 45* gimme a new york slice

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Same

In Australia we invented the Chiko roll, but we don't go around claiming we invented the Chinese spring roll lol

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dokapon Findom posted:

The inverse of the sick day thing is if you do have them you face questions over being away one day then back the next. "What kind of illness or ailment resolves itself after just one day?" :confused: Me not loving feeling like showing up, that's what! Usually resolves itself after a day- but if you insist, I'll take two! :newlol:

indigestion, migraine, really bad diahrrea, be creative!

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

I've never ever been asked what illness I had after a sickie

It's hosed up if they ask each other that!!

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I got ten pages in and can't be arsed to read the rest of the thread so sorry if this has already been mentioned but it's extremely hosed up to microwave your tea to get it hot. Using a loving kettle you savage bastards.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Why am I drinking tea am I sick?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
italians did not invent pizza

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Frank Pepe invented Pizza in New Haven Connecticut in 1925

poo poo thought I was in the correct things Americans believe thread

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dr Pete Zah, the inventor of pizza

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's hosed up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Chewbecca posted:

that's hosed up

a stolen, greasy legacy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
the noid: an american

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it was invented by germans

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

500excf type r posted:

Frank Pepe invented Pizza in New Haven Connecticut in 1925

poo poo thought I was in the correct things Americans believe thread

i went there a few weeks ago. it was OK. after the pizza, i went to louis' lunch to get what the eatery claims is the first "hamburger sandwich." that was phenomenal.

so: eating pizza for lunch and then having a cheeseburger for dessert

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://x.com/samifouad/status/1757429871582785640?s=20

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Idgi? They selflessly gave their neighbor the snow.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Chewbecca posted:

An American once told me that pizza was an American invention

I always thought that was pretty hosed up lol

I think it was originally Persian and I just saw a post on Facebook claiming America is the best modern exemplar of Indo European culture, so this checks out.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

pizza P.I.E.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Eat This Glob posted:

i went there a few weeks ago. it was OK. after the pizza, i went to louis' lunch to get what the eatery claims is the first "hamburger sandwich." that was phenomenal.

so: eating pizza for lunch and then having a cheeseburger for dessert

it seems like the only two reasons to go to connecticut are new haven pizza and louis' lunch :hmmyes:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

new haven is right on I-95 so you don't even have to go out of your way if you're driving through. otherwise not much else around CT. it's OK if you want to meet The Rock in front of the rape factory he works at and that's about it

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/entertainment/article/firefighter-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-ct-wwe-18627735.php

oh, and john brown's birthplace is there. i went there too

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it seems like the only two reasons to go to connecticut are new haven pizza and louis' lunch :hmmyes:

Mohegan Sun

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

americans, like vampires, are repulsed by fish sauce

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

orderin' poo poo from the budk catalog like a real american

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Eat This Glob posted:

new haven is right on I-95 so you don't even have to go out of your way if you're driving through. otherwise not much else around CT. it's OK if you want to meet The Rock in front of the rape factory he works at and that's about it

Hell yeah... get his rear end

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Eat This Glob posted:

meet The Rock in front of the rape factory he works at and that's about it

The Rock looking at the camera and shrugging "Eh, it's a living."

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Dwayne Johnson has been reached for comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqyLJ-fWbSI

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

waitin' for my budk order to ship out to me like a real american

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
If you were a real American you would go to the Walmart at the mall

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Weka posted:

smh

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

walmart doesn't sell guns anymore. admittedly neither does budk, but they sell swords which walmart never sold

Weka
May 5, 2019

You need to buy a wall to put the swords on

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

walmart doesn't sell guns anymore. admittedly neither does budk, but they sell swords which walmart never sold

you can buy a machete at walmart

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

The Voice of Labor posted:

what liberal walmart you go to? they still sell rifles at mine here in gods country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Weka posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0xAWt_2qnY