Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: muscles like this!)

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

That explains some of the popularity, it's easily legible to people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

Escobarbarian posted:

Is it just “bloody women in the man show!!!!” or something

I don't think so. Maybe some of the audience reviews elsewhere on the internet but not here. Everyone here pretty much loved both female leads, and if they know anything of her work the director as well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Nothing like watching Clarice and the 9th doctor getting it on.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1757799044565328171

Bear guy (and Andor guy!) gets the bag

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Glad to see that dude from Game of Thrones getting some work too!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hopefully this doesn't mean Pedro and Ebon are sucked into the MCU permanently and can't make more quality content.

Edit - Though that is some inspired goddam casting for Ben.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Medullah posted:

Hopefully this doesn't mean Pedro and Ebon are sucked into the MCU permanently and can't make more quality content.

I don’t think Marvel does the long contracts anymore, so probably something like a 3 picture deal.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

I still think of him as The Last Ship Guy. Even though he was only in ten episodes, he was very compelling (aka was great at being a scumbag). Was certainly the most interesting actor on that show

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Oasx posted:

I don’t think Marvel does the long contracts anymore, so probably something like a 3 picture deal.

That still sounds like a long contract, I'm sure you're referencing something much worse, but I would still pray this is one and done.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Probably the MCU is gonna be pegged on FF and X-men going forward

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Khanstant posted:

That still sounds like a long contract, I'm sure you're referencing something much worse, but I would still pray this is one and done.

In the early days, the actors signed up for nine movies, and Marvel went away from that. But I don't see the issue, he obviously has no problems starring in popular pop culture stuff, Marvel is no different than Mandalorian and The Last of Us.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

zoux posted:

Probably the MCU is gonna be pegged on FF and X-men going forward

zoux posted:

be pegged

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Oasx posted:

In the early days, the actors signed up for nine movies, and Marvel went away from that. But I don't see the issue, he obviously has no problems starring in popular pop culture stuff, Marvel is no different than Mandalorian and The Last of Us.

Yeah that's 3 times worse. Star Wars, Marvel are just still on my completely ignore list, doesn't matter whether it's the worst or best of it don't wanna watch. Next time I want to see Marvel is if they do something actually new with it on paper.

So it's purely just I like him as an actor, I know many other projects I would gladly watch that would love to have him. Even if I end up watching and loving FF, I wouldn't want 2 more because I prefer when movies can stand by themselves these days.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m not sure why I am asking because I feel like I already know but does the ATV show Invasion get any better? I’m like a little over half way through the first season and it’s pretty aggressively mid to bad so far.

I know it got a second season so maybe the second season is better?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Never watched it but they just announced it was renewed for a third season so it seems like it is fairly popular at least?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think anyone in the Apple TV+ thread liked it at all.

Watching The Vince Staples Show right now. It’s real fun!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Halo good.

(Invasion bad.)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I managed to find some redeeming stuff in Invasion S2, namely (bizarrely) some of the kid actor performances, particularly the snide rich boy. It's actually genuinely fun to watch him work.

Shame about the rest of it really, it's basically Stranger Things but way more plodding

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Data Graham posted:

I managed to find some redeeming stuff in Invasion S2, namely (bizarrely) some of the kid actor performances, particularly the snide rich boy. It's actually genuinely fun to watch him work.

Shame about the rest of it really, it's basically Stranger Things but way more plodding

Are the aliens in Invasion actually interesting or are they the new standard of cheap CGI aliens pretending to be deep? i.e. swirling, amorphous blobs?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

Are the aliens in Invasion actually interesting or are they the new standard of cheap CGI aliens pretending to be deep? i.e. swirling, amorphous blobs?

They're blobs. They're not cheap blobs, and they're several different kinds of blobs, and sometimes they're genuinely threatening blobs, but they're blobs.

Blobs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1758129160273478069

Oh yes....

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023

Shut up Scott, no one thinks you're the boss.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's cool they got the original Cyclops and Storm VAs back. I can't tell if that's the same wolverine. There's only one VA that absolutely must return and that's Gambit.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

It's cool they got the original Cyclops and Storm VAs back. I can't tell if that's the same wolverine. There's only one VA that absolutely must return and that's Gambit.

They should get the Wolverine VA from Pryde of the X-Men. SHE'S JUST A KID SHE'LL JUST GET IN THE WAY

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

Cyclops is clearly Ray Chase to me, so I don't think that's his original voice actor

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/kaymaldo/status/1758132118327034278

Also, l'm pretty sure the original Cyclops VA passed away.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 15, 2024

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmm well he sounds just like him! Do I have goon ear blindness.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
That loving guitar riff rules so hard and is probably 70% of why I enjoyed the show back in the mid 90s.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Hey what was that show that I believe AMC released after lodge 49 and felt like it was chasing that audience. It was about a weird game and maybe a conspiracy, it was very strange. I didn't finish it but that's not necessarily its fault, I can't finish anything anymore

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Dispatches from Elsewhere

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really liked that show

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It was the exact amount of feel good uplifting content that was needed in loving mid 2020.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

theblackw0lf posted:

For a show that’s getting mixed reception online, it sure seems really popular with the general public.

https://x.com/THR/status/1757494891796701279?s=20

In contrast, I've only seen people on this forum gush about Mr and Mrs Smith, otherwise the reception has been lukewarm

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just finished it yesterday, ready for the next season. Glover and Erskine were obviously great but empty milkshake boy was great in his bit part too.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Dispatches and Mrs Davis have had the best / tidiest mystery box / conspiracy wrap-ups of the entire genre. Helps they were a lot more lighthearted though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

For me True Detective is still something I'm unsure about, it's going to be decided by the finale. I generally like it but I definitely don't want a no answers ending

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Chubby Henparty posted:

Dispatches and Mrs Davis have had the best / tidiest mystery box / conspiracy wrap-ups of the entire genre. Helps they were a lot more lighthearted though.

I'd day Psychoville and Funland are up there too.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I've re-watched Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Generation Kill, and i'm watching Masters of Air. Am I missing any big WW2/Military shows?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

zoux posted:

Hmmm well he sounds just like him! Do I have goon ear blindness.

I'm with you, the Cyclops voice actor sounds dead-on to the original to me.

The Wolverine voice actor, on the other hand....

Look he only has one line in the trailer, but I refuse to believe they couldn't find another voice actor that could get the voice closer to the original than this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Oasx posted:

I've re-watched Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Generation Kill, and i'm watching Masters of Air. Am I missing any big WW2/Military shows?

It's older, like 80s older, but Tenko is a classic. MASH too.

I've always had a soft spot for The Unit, but I gather that's a bit more contentious. Though weirdly not because of the two episodes that dip into the straight up supernatural.