Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

exquisite tea posted:

When I get home today I can just give you my last save file (or anyone else who wants the golden dice, for that manner). I think all you'd have to do is just finish the party then you'd get the achievement.

Does that actually work? Aren't saves tied to your Steam account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm fairly certain it will work.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
If it catches ctrl-alt-del and reloading I would assume it also catches loading up someone else's save file? No idea, though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Where is this so called giant patch and the patch notes

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I tried my first Honor run.

Was gearing up to try and steal the Flaming Greatsword but did not successfully count to 2 and didn’t have a spell slot open for Command:Drop.

Rather than giving up and running, I sent “Us” up ahead to hit the console switch while the remaining crew tried their hand at the demon.

Turns out, despite “Us” saying he could connect the nerves, he cannot. He does not have hands.

Demon handily slayed the entire party the turn after that.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

Has anyone ever tried an evil Shadowheart origin campaign? Bad Girl Summer with Lae'zel, Minthy, and Astarion sounds like a fun alternative to Durge.

I let Shadowheart stick with Shar on my current run and honestly it's very sad. I think they wrote it on purpose to make you feel like you missed something. I think the actor does a great job sounding like a person who's trying very hard to project pride and confidence while still absolutely being a scared little girl--basically continuing her act through the first part of the game, just working overtime to convince herself that she's doing the right thing with more and more evidence that it totally isn't. I don't know if I can do it to her again. :smith: Also I didn't realize it kills everyone in Last Light and I love Jaheira.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

When I get home today I can just give you my last save file (or anyone else who wants the golden dice, for that manner). I think all you'd have to do is just finish the party then you'd get the achievement.

this goon is a god drat hero

and if it doesn't work, oh well. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to play this game another half dozen times, and outside of mp I doubt I'll play it on anything other than honor mode from here on out.

Snake Maze posted:

If it catches ctrl-alt-del and reloading I would assume it also catches loading up someone else's save file? No idea, though.

I mean I get why but in a game that still has so many loving bugs, it's kind of obnoxious to ding people for ctrl-alt-del

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Any word yet when the patch will release?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

OzFactor posted:

I let Shadowheart stick with Shar on my current run and honestly it's very sad. I think they wrote it on purpose to make you feel like you missed something. I think the actor does a great job sounding like a person who's trying very hard to project pride and confidence while still absolutely being a scared little girl--basically continuing her act through the first part of the game, just working overtime to convince herself that she's doing the right thing with more and more evidence that it totally isn't. I don't know if I can do it to her again. :smith: Also I didn't realize it kills everyone in Last Light and I love Jaheira.

drat, thats cool tho. Im on full goodie goodie Resist Durge, and just finished Selune Shadowheart's quest last night! it is so ultimately hopeful, despite all the horribleness. I guess thats the difference between the two goddesses? :D

hearing you spoiler, it is amusing to me to be a longtime fan of D&D/FR wishing that the authors and devs could Do Better with this incredibly rich yet corny fantasy backdrop, and now its actually finally here, haha

please give it another go at some point, I assure you it is worth it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OzFactor posted:

Yeah, I was doing a playthrough where I was trying to encourage everyone to be their worst selves, and I just couldn't do it with Shadowheart. (spoilers through the end of the game ahead) I ascended Astarion, convinced Wyll to become archduke, and convinced Gale to be a god, but I just couldn't work up the nerve to do that. And also I wanted to have all the companions so I wasn't about to doom last light. Side note, the end cutscene is really funny when you have everyone because the game just straight up had Minthara standing on a random box lol. I didn't get to see that on my last run because she was in my party for the final battle. Also it was really funny to hear her wandering around in the epilogue going "hmm, how many parties have I not been invited to???

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
re: Act 2, Who sticks around when you doom Last Light?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

wizard2 posted:

it depends if you do it locally or remotely

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

wizard2 posted:

I might be about to find out soon and can let you know!

Is it really doomed though if I saved Thaniel and I kill Ketheric? I'm assuming that takes care of the Shadow Curse, but maybe they all die in between killing Isobel and Ketheric?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Larry Cum Free posted:

I might be about to find out soon and can let you know!

Is it really doomed though if I saved Thaniel and I kill Ketheric? I'm assuming that takes care of the Shadow Curse, but maybe they all die in between killing Isobel and Ketheric?

Shadowheart kills them as she empowers the shadow curse and overwhelms the barrier.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
If you let Shadowheart kill Aylin, it weakens Isobel and she breaks the protection and everyone at Last Light dies. Then you have to kill them again because they're all shadow cursed undead.

If you let Marcus take Isobel, you can tell Jaheira you tried, and she'll stay at your camp until you kill Ketheric and she can join the party after that. But everyone else at Last Light gets shadow-curse-undeaded.

edit: I don't really know if the cutscene implies that Shadowheart consciously and willingly breaks Isobel, it more just makes it look like killing Aylin shifts the balance of power in the area back to Shar from Selune and that breaks the protection. But I might be forgetting something.

OzFactor fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 14, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Friday at 5:30pm whatever timezone Belgium is in just watch.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

For some reason I thought 'dror' was Dror Ragzlin's title, like it was the goblin word for chief or something, but it's not, it's literally just his name. That's worse imo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just finished my first run. tactician, drow monk, “chaotic good” attempts at morality. not very meticulous about quests and npcs and items. honor mode dragonborn dark urge is next but im uncertain whether i should play it evil or resist the urge. if i play it evil i think ill do fiend warlock/oathbreaker paladin multiclass, and if i do good ill do draconic sorcerer. question is, which durge path is better to play if im being a meticulous completionist this time around

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Resist will give you more to do because fewer people will be dead.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Resist will give you more to do because fewer people will be dead.

sure, but will the dead people be people i saved on my first run, and will i lose out on the chance to save people i killed on my first run?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

scary ghost dog posted:

sure, but will the dead people be people i saved on my first run, and will i lose out on the chance to save people i killed on my first run?

If you lean into it, you will kill everyone.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

OzFactor posted:

If you lean into it, you will kill everyone.

Jay Rust posted:

The "what do you think dead baby tastes like" intrusive thoughts that dark urge gets are pretty embarrassing, i imagine going full urge multiplies those, i can't see myself ever doing that playthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dJuLbna7Hs&t=79s

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 14, 2024

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The "what do you think dead baby tastes like" intrusive thoughts that dark urge gets are pretty embarrassing, i imagine going full urge multiplies those, i can't see myself ever doing that playthrough

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
If you want to do a "what did I miss the first time" completionist run you should probably pull up the wiki (the good one not the bad one). A lot of quests can be missed entirely or failed early and will be skipped if you mess them up in earlier Acts. Full Evil/Embrace Dark Urge is generally its own thing, and Resist Dark Urge is basically an entire other plot by itself so I wouldn't view it as redundant.

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 14, 2024

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Frankly I almost put it down because of that but it gets better around mid act 2.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

mycot posted:

If you want to do a "what did I miss the first time" completionist run you should probably pull up the wiki (the good one not the bad one). A lot of quests can be missed entirely or failed early and will be skipped if you mess them up in earlier Acts. Full Evil/Embrace Dark Urge is generally its own thing, and Resist Dark Urge is basically an entire other plot by itself so I wouldn't view it as redundant.

Yeah, I got 50% through Act 3 as a blank Tav before rerolling and now Im like 85% through Act 3 as a Resist Durge. Seeing things as Tav was an important perspective, and I might return to finish the save in the future, but I can honestly say that there's been a bit of very interesting distinctions and outcomes.

I cant really see myself wanting to do a blank Tav again though? Origins all the way.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mycot posted:

sounds like a resist playthrough now and maybe a full evil playthrough if they ever introduce cross-platform co-op. thanks all

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lol, doing Lae'zel's romance and when the duel came she promptly used a bunch of the expensive potions and scrolls she had on her, talk about an expensive bae.

Also this second playthrough is going a lot smoother than the first one, even though I went from Normal to Honour. I remember being very oppressed in the Inquisitor fight in my first game, so much that I had everyone using speed potions, on this one I crushed that boss and his cohort without using any consumables.

Might just be a build thing, I played a Beastmaster Ranger Tav in my first campaign and while having a pet was cool it is a pretty weak class all things told. Now my Evil Durge is a Tempest Cleric/Sorc and she deals so much damage.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Shard posted:

Any word yet when the patch will release?

It's out, I'm playing it rn.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It's out, I'm playing it rn.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ZearothK posted:

lol, doing Lae'zel's romance and when the duel came she promptly used a bunch of the expensive potions and scrolls she had on her, talk about an expensive bae.

Also this second playthrough is going a lot smoother than the first one, even though I went from Normal to Honour. I remember being very oppressed in the Inquisitor fight in my first game, so much that I had everyone using speed potions, on this one I crushed that boss and his cohort without using any consumables.

Might just be a build thing, I played a Beastmaster Ranger Tav in my first campaign and while having a pet was cool it is a pretty weak class all things told. Now my Evil Durge is a Tempest Cleric/Sorc and she deals so much damage.

Systems Mastery's back, baby

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

wizard2 posted:

Systems Mastery's back, baby

Yeah, my party has mostly improved.

-Ranger Tav was replaced by Tempest-Storm Durge
-Lae'zel stayed as a Battlemaster
-Astarion went from Assassin to Assassin/Gloomstalker
-Shart went from Trickery Cleric to Lore Bard
-Wyll went from Warlock to fish food
-Halsin went from Druid to goblin food
-Minthara went from dead to Paladinlock
-Karlach went from Barbarian to a head (I am NOT okay with this)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

ZearothK posted:

lol she immediately threw some spider egg bomb that was in her inventory that I forgot she had at me. I was so god drat confused as to why I was surrounded by spiders.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I somehow managed to avoid the shadowheart/laezel duel

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Huh. I felt like I was pretty clear about how supportive I was of Shadowheart’s Shar worship and dark justiciar career goals, and she just threw that spear away like it was nothing when I let her decide.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DarkHorse posted:

I somehow managed to avoid the shadowheart/laezel duel

If you discover the true nature of the astral prism just a few rests after you find out it's a githyanki artifact, it's possible their camp event will never come up.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Huh. I felt like I was pretty clear about how supportive I was of Shadowheart’s Shar worship and dark justiciar career goals, and she just threw that spear away like it was nothing when I let her decide.

It's kinda neat that this time party members will just do their own thing if you stand back and let them. Like they have their own agency instead of being controlled by Shepard's dialogue checks. I've had a couple nerve-wracking moments where I genuinely had no idea what they were going to do.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Near the end of act three and shuffling around gear, I discovered the arcane acuity hat. I had my swords bard set up as a dex melee smiter with semi dumped charisma. I rejigged her stats and took some control spells and I wish I’d done this in act 2 or whatever. Crazy power especially with flourishes.