Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Reggie Roby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lorenzo Neal

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Hey, he was loving amazing.

Larry Centers was like the opposite of that. A fullback who was primarily a receiving back.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
Jason Avant

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking about big rear end neck rolls

See also: Bryan Cox

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Name your “solid number 2 WR” of your heart that you remember and maybe other people will too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Rishard Mathew’s knocked up then married a former classmate turned cheerleader, then moved to the Tennessee Titans.

He was always a legend in my eyes. She was gorgeous.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

La’Roi Glover

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bill Gramatica

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Name your “solid number 2 WR” of your heart that you remember and maybe other people will too.

Ike Hilliard ---> Amani Toomer ----> Steve Smith (the lesser)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Miles Austin

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Lynn Swann :smuggo:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jabar Gaffney.

Not that I think he was ever anyone's #2, but he was the 4th option on the 2007 Patriots, so he basically was covered by air most of the time he was on the field and put up a pretty sweet highlight package along with Donte' Stallworth that year.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I’m sad Kenny Irons never got to play a professional down. Tore his ACL in training camp and cut after the season, iirc.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Johnnie Morton was the platonic ideal of a number 2 WR

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

Jabar Gaffney.

Not that I think he was ever anyone's #2, but he was the 4th option on the 2007 Patriots, so he basically was covered by air most of the time he was on the field and put up a pretty sweet highlight package along with Donte' Stallworth that year.

Oh man this makes me think of Reche Caldwell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh man this makes me think of Reche Caldwell

It's funny how one picture makes a dude so reviled when he was basically what David Givens had been for the Pats the few years prior... just without a #1 to draw attention away.

Sorta like how Agholor was in '21 and '22 for New England and then he's a perfectly fine #3 for the Ravens.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I would like to Know More and maybe See A Picture of the guys

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

It's funny how one picture makes a dude so reviled when he was basically what David Givens had been for the Pats the few years prior... just without a #1 to draw attention away.

Sorta like how Agholor was in '21 and '22 for New England and then he's a perfectly fine #3 for the Ravens.

Nelson Agholor’s career defining moment doesn’t even include him on the field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZboH1UNhOQ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Hot Diggity! posted:

I would like to Know More and maybe See A Picture of the guys

https://x.com/pats_chatter247/status/1172333978402971648?s=20

You remember the one

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Freddie Mitchell

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

That man put all his skill points into catching and was just kinda a dude in all other ways. Surest hands in the league.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Todd Pinkston

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jimmy Smith went to 5 straight pro bowls and put up 12k yards receiving and I probably haven't heard his name in fifteen years because he spent almost his entire career on the Jaguars.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Jimmy Smith went to 5 straight pro bowls and put up 12k yards receiving and I probably haven't heard his name in fifteen years because he spent almost his entire career on the Jaguars.

him and Fred Taylor

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Mitch Berger

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Tim Hightower.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Cadillac Williams

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Remember when Onterrio Smith got caught with a Whizzinator?

Which I only remember because "Bongterrio Smith" shot through my brain. The internet makes you stupid

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nate Newton's 800 lbs of weed

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Michael Robinson. At Penn State, he filled in at a few skill positions occasionally before having a great season at QB ending with a triple-overtime Orange Bowl victory and even a few Heisman votes. (Only a few, but still!) Drafted as an RB in the NFL, ended his career as a fullback. Played in the Pro Bowl one year as the fullback alternate, and retired immediately after winning a ring with the Seahawks (he caught a pass in that 43-8 blowout over Denver).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

Nate Newton's 800 lbs of weed

Sam Hurd was released from prison last year after doing 15 years for moving a ton of weed and coke

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Remember when Onterrio Smith got caught with a Whizzinator?

Which I only remember because "Bongterrio Smith" shot through my brain. The internet makes you stupid

I vaguely recall Mad Magazine or whoever made a joke about it at the time. It’s the only reason I remember Onterrio Smith at all.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Sam Hurd was released from prison last year after doing 15 years for moving a ton of weed and coke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksxbIY-EAzU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Crescent Wrench posted:

Michael Robinson. At Penn State, he filled in at a few skill positions occasionally before having a great season at QB ending with a triple-overtime Orange Bowl victory and even a few Heisman votes. (Only a few, but still!) Drafted as an RB in the NFL, ended his career as a fullback. Played in the Pro Bowl one year as the fullback alternate, and retired immediately after winning a ring with the Seahawks (he caught a pass in that 43-8 blowout over Denver).

he had a pretty ok youtube series where he basically just goofed off with other seahawks players in the locker room

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

It’s funny you say this. I do specifically remember Gaffney was a better receiver but Caldwell was more notable

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Jabar Gaffney.

IIRC he was the Texans #1 receiver until they drafted Andre Johnson

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Todd Pinkston

Only a football guy in the loosest sense of the word. Same with James Thrash

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Quincy Carter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Andre' Woodson