Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Or like, any cyberpunk media ever

Playing 2077 as a straight corpo, not understanding why everyone hates trauma team and militech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Elon likes ancaps but doesn't like yellow.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

Playing 2077 as a straight corpo, not understanding why everyone hates trauma team and militech

the corpo origin where you get totally hosed in a way that usually happens to the poors is darkly hilarious.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

“You’re violating the NAP!” I shout as members of Tom’s Discount SecuriCorp ransack my house for valuables before putting a bullet in my head because I won’t shut the gently caress up

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Warmachine posted:

I look at this and cannot imagine someone including "Your HOA" and the whole point not being satire.

It's even a picture of a hateful old crone yelling at you.

"Yelling at THEM" more like

Neito posted:

"Company that owns your road" is my tip-off that this is probably real without really looking into the account at all. Ancap types really hate roads because it's such a consice, pointed, obvious argument that we need at least some kind of government that they can't really argue against it so they try to shove it aside as quickly as possible.

Or another read might be that they really love the idea of privately owned and maintained roads because half the reason they're libertarians in the first place is because AAARHGH STUCK IN TRAFFIC AGAIN, and they get up to where there is loving CONSTRUCTION and the guys are still digging a hole for the sixteenth morning in a row and WHY AREN'T THEY DONE YET, and it must be because they're incompetent and lazy and nobody can fire them because they're government employees protected by the GREEDY UNIONS :argh:

They want a turnpike they can pay to keep the riffraff and traffic off of and is never under construction, not that they've ever seen anyway, at least aside from that one time, but that was special circumstances and furthermore

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Why do you have samples from your customers? Usually it works very much the other way around.

I work at a lab

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I'm sorry to report that the account is not satire

Company A and Company B both start manufacturing laser cannons in Antarctica

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Do they not realize that there's a financial incentive to war that some wealthy types would gladly pay for because the cost of claiming someone else's (gold, uranium, fresh water, etc.) is less than the value of that thing?

The same reason governments go to war.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Do they not realize [x]

They do not, for nearly any value of x.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/_mrpussy/status/1757568800730280324

Pretty soon they're just gonna fall apart like Goofy's driving them in an old faux educational Disney short from 70 years ago.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I love the suggestion that we get rid of all government in favour of private companies, that still also talks a lot about the importance of a judicial system that can provide arbitration.

Definitely not a contradictory and stupid worldview.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

O.K. now explain drug gangs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I love that all those models of anarcho capitalism depend utterly on flat-as-a-board universal fiat currency, which is just something that naturally arises and requires no enforcement or regulation of any kind

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hazard pay for war is an incredibly funny concept.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CharlestheHammer posted:

You have been awarded a sack of onions, citizen.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/KVOA/status/1757855461053722696

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
also they all assume the rich assholes at the top of these things would be perfectly rational actors who would act entirely in accordance with the goals and rules of the established system

we already have systems that, for all their faults, are better than "feudalism with fewer human rights," and stupid rich assholes are still a blight on the earth

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Feb 14, 2024

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The actual military does pay more to soldiers in combat zones than ones on a base in Germany or whatever. No idea if PMCs do.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

that's a product of government and regulation, in a true free market they would pay each soldier whatever they could get away with and you don't pay premium wages to bottom tier grunts wtf they have to earn that poo poo through merit, through success in many battles
e: and if they don't like it, too loving bad they signed a contract that says RIGHT HERE desertion/dereliction is punishable by death

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

in other Marketplace Of Ideas News,

https://twitter.com/ghostofjohnbro/status/1757867325548577230

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:ohdear:

Rachel Dolezal? Well now we know what the chuds will be talking about for the next week.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Panfilo posted:

:ohdear:

Rachel Dolezal? Well now we know what the chuds will be talking about for the next week.

How do you relocate 18,000 ants and one person who's really bad at video games to the same workcamp?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

also they all assume the rich assholes at the top of these things would be perfectly rational actors who would act entirely in accordance with the goals and rules of the established system

we already have systems that, for all their faults, are better than "feudalism with fewer human rights," and stupid rich assholes are still a blight on the earth

yeah, soviet communism

lol sounds like he needs to skip breakfast lunch and dinner

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i dunno, seems like a pretty black and white case

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

tokin opposition posted:

i dunno, seems like a pretty black and white case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cloacamazing! posted:

I work at a lab

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Cloacamazing! posted:

I work at a lab

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

I felt bad for this guy getting piled on because the actual article did not suggest you should skip meals or bring up the topic at all. It was just a roundup of how various breakfast items were getting more expensive. Headlines are often written by editors so I don't think the dumb headline was his fault.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

:lmao: there's still beauty in this world.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That has to be deliberately trying to annoy people who use microscopes right?

Headstock's backwards, microscope back to front, none of the objective lenses appear to be in alignment, subject isn't in line with the condenser, can't look at a loving whole raisin with a microscope.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Feb 14, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

It’s “AI” not knowing poo poo about gently caress.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Platystemon posted:

It’s “AI” not knowing poo poo about gently caress.

But it's like, wrong in almost every possible way it could be. You would think it would get something right by accident.

The microscope is on the table, that's about it.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

OwlFancier posted:

But it's like, wrong in almost every possible way it could be. You would think it would get something right by accident.

AI could make a broken clock that's not even right twice a day

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier posted:

The test tubes on the left doing the classic “count the bars” optical illusion is a nice touch.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Wow, the surgery did not go well.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

OwlFancier posted:

Headstock's backwards, microscope back to front, none of the objective lenses appear to be in alignment, subject isn't in line with the condenser, can't look at a loving whole raisin with a microscope.

and her eyes are closed :colbert:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Those are all AI gently caress-ups, sure.
It's funnier when the stock photographer doesn't know what they're doing.

See soldering pic I posted above

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

:supaburn:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Those test tubes be like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

reminds me of a Donnie's Daughter picture from year 1 of his prez.

"hey girls you can do a science too."