Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

One question about the Gamepass "trick" I keep seeing people talk about online. That assumes you're already paying for Xbox Live right? Like if I just wanted to get PC game pass and had no other existing services and didn't own an Xbox, there's no conversion trick or anything I'm missing out on right?

I think it’s still cheaper to just get GP ultimate which covers both for like $8 a month when you find the deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

I said come in! posted:

Game Pass streaming is actually really good!
If you're limited by the inherent latency of your ISP and/or proximity to a CDN then all game streaming sucks rear end and is unusable with no recourse. It's why I'm fairly confident that streaming will never be anything remotely approaching the standard way to play games.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I said come in! posted:

None of the PS5 Pro rumors have been credible. Pretty sure such a console is not going to happen.

The PS5 Pro rumours were first brought to you by the guy who also was first to report "they're coming out with Playstation earbuds and also a weird portable device that only does Remote Play on wi-fi". It seems silly to say that the guy who was bang on about those weird-rear end products is not credible when he says "they're making a Pro".

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My kid plays fortnite via gamepass streaming and he's totally crap at the game anyway so it works well for him! :haw:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Volte posted:

If you're limited by the inherent latency of your ISP and/or proximity to a CDN then all game streaming sucks rear end and is unusable with no recourse. It's why I'm fairly confident that streaming will never be anything remotely approaching the standard way to play games.

My internet is great and 9 out of 10 times i try and steam I get the "lots of people are playing, sorry, gently caress you!" message with the spaceship flying through space

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

tbh even if the PS5 Pro had nearly the same internals and was priced twice as high the entire preorder stock is immediately going to be claimed by scalpers, so why should Sony refuse the guaranteed profit?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The PS5 Pro is going to be the same shape of the PS5 but even larger in all dimensions.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I can’t afford a house that big

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Literally the most perfect gif. What the gently caress is going on with vidja games lately? Late stage capitalism?
The Infinite Money glitch the entire tech industry runs on got patched, basically.

SUNKOS posted:

I wonder if Xbox has Switch 2 devkits?
Minecraft on Switch is still frequently in the Japanese sales charts and is XGS's first million-seller in that country. Does that answer your question?

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Can’t believe RARE once again works for Nintendo

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I can’t afford a house that big

Sony wants you to get two houses

The Kins posted:

Minecraft on Switch is still frequently in the Japanese sales charts and is XGS's first million-seller in that country. Does that answer your question?

Was surprised to see that in the 2023 best sellers list. Not as shocking as Starfield though, why did so many people buy it when it's on GP????

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

SUNKOS posted:

Sony wants you to get two houses

Was surprised to see that in the 2023 best sellers list. Not as shocking as Starfield though, why did so many people buy it when it's on GP????

Modding the steam version is a lot easier

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i think it's the best console ever made tbh

if that were true i could play yakuza games on it

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

streaming games is dogshit

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The worst part about streaming games is that Quick Resume doesn’t work

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/02/14/xbox-february-update-rolls-out-2024/

Touch controls are coming to remote play (not Game Pass streaming, which already has it), plus a thumbstick calibration tool, although they specifically say that it won't address stick drift

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1757877469606981822?t=7WJXpiTiOhm4GOokTIXatg&s=19

After tomorrow, every screen will become an Xbox.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

There's so many xboxes now

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everyone will have an xbox starting tomorrow! Blessed.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I play my series X as much streaming to my Steam Deck as I do on my TV. It’s honestly been a sea change in how I play games

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tomorrow, every PS5 owner will have the Master Chief Collection forcibly installed on their console like it's a U2 album.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Xbox catchup progress report

Gears 5 was a lot more fun than Gears 4. Robots were a boring enemy.

Got Masterchief collection, am finding it way too amusing to constantly switch back and forth between original and remastered graphics on the fly in Halo 1

I dropped off after 3 so I have ODST, Reach, 4, 5 and Infinite to catch up on. Are 4 and 5 actually dogshit?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Steve Yun posted:

I dropped off after 3 so I have ODST, Reach, 4, 5 and Infinite to catch up on. Are 4 and 5 actually dogshit?

You’re gonna get lots of people telling you yes but honestly I like them both quite a bit.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

HiFi Rush loving sucks

Switch can have it. its the perfect switch estore title (complete loving dogshit for babies)

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
y'all better get some sleep cuz tomorrow is gonna be poppin' off

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does the Xbox live / gamepass trick still work? My sub just expired but it seems to only let me subscribe to gamepass, and not Xbox live through my Xbox? Do I need to go buy an Xbox live code offline somewhere first to make this work?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Got Masterchief collection, am finding it way too amusing to constantly switch back and forth between original and remastered graphics on the fly in Halo 1

4 is at worst OK but 5 is a mess.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Steve Yun posted:

4 is ok 5 is dogshit

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hated 4 until I gave it a chance (got through the robots) then I enjoyed it a lot.

5 was an awful videogame but multiplayer modes were good.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

4 and 5 are both pretty meh. I didn't like the weird alien robots. Chief turned into kind of a lil bitch bc he missed Cortana or something.

5 had solid multiplayer, but I'd never actually play through either campaign again. Fine enough to play via Gamepass if you want LORE, but if you don't care about story you can just never play either and be okay.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Laserface posted:

HiFi Rush loving sucks

Switch can have it. its the perfect switch estore title (complete loving dogshit for babies)

Skill issue

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
So Gears and Halo both decided at the same time to have boring robot enemies?

Are the Halo ones slow bullet sponges too

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Man I was talking about gears lol I never played halo after 4 because it was so poo poo.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Lmaooooo wow I should read more closely. Sorry about that! And nah, they were sometimes fast machine things, but yes on bullet sponges

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Hyper Inferno posted:

One question about the Gamepass "trick" I keep seeing people talk about online. That assumes you're already paying for Xbox Live right? Like if I just wanted to get PC game pass and had no other existing services and didn't own an Xbox, there's no conversion trick or anything I'm missing out on right?

The “trick” is a way to stock up on prepaid Game Pass Core (formerly Xbox Live Gold) or Game Pass PC and then turn it into Game Pass Ultimate for cheaper than it would cost otherwise. If you want Xbox Cloud Gaming then you’ll need Ultimate, but otherwise based on your situation Game Pass PC has you covered. It’s the same price as Core.

RCarr posted:

Does the Xbox live / gamepass trick still work? My sub just expired but it seems to only let me subscribe to gamepass, and not Xbox live through my Xbox? Do I need to go buy an Xbox live code offline somewhere first to make this work?

They renamed Xbox Live Gold to “Game Pass Core” and added a small subset of the Game Pass library to it (mostly first party games). It’s otherwise the same thing and it still works for the “trick.” Yes you will need to get codes elsewhere in order to stock up before converting. These days the time only converts 3:2 instead of 1:1, but it’s still like half the price of what it would normally cost.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Laserface posted:

HiFi Rush loving sucks

Dumbass

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have no idea why people are acting like getting rid of exclusives is a bad idea. Games everywhere is good. I just want to play good games and if I can get all the good games on any given thing then that is very good.

The only way this is a fail for the corporations in question (gamer opinions don't matter) is if it makes them less money, and I'd probably side with the corps about squeezing every last cent from their audience.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I wish helldivers II was on Xbox so my buddy could break up with Destiny 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

I have no idea why people are acting like getting rid of exclusives is a bad idea. Games everywhere is good. I just want to play good games and if I can get all the good games on any given thing then that is very good.

The only way this is a fail for the corporations in question (gamer opinions don't matter) is if it makes them less money, and I'd probably side with the corps about squeezing every last cent from their audience.

It’s a weird situation because the backbone of video game platform success among the non-gamer masses (who are the majority population) is entirely predicated on its exclusives you can’t play on another console. And while Xbox releasing its games everywhere is “good for gamers”, it does mean there’s little compelling reason to buy an Xbox, if a PS5 has access to all the same games and also more. The things posted here about why Xbox is better aren’t things that “the masses” really have communicated to them or are particularly interested in.