Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Chargers seem like they have every opportunity to become a strong #2 in the division given the Raiders/Broncos uncertainty, unless history re-re-re-re-repeats itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Trends don’t matter; they’re all locked in Pat’s Purgatory

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kevino07 posted:

We don't know who the QBs for Raiders and Broncos are. So until that's sorted I'd refuse to comment on their prospects.

For the Chargers, the massive coaching upgrade likely trumps the cap casualties. Without seeing the full off-season, I think the chargers will bounce back to wild card contenders next year. Depends entirely on the draft and whether Herbert can stay injury free for a full season.

Chargers play the NFC South, Pats, Cards, and Titans. There were excuses for why they couldn't get 6 wins in 2023; there's no excuse for why they can't get 6 wins in 2024

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Let’s get Troy Franklin and Michael Pittman, re-sign Sneed and Jones, cut MVS and restructure Mahomes and go for a THREE PEAT

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
No don't

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/Jacobs71/status/1757637419724157418?s=20

Incredible sound bite. The way other players talk about Mahomes is really great.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Let’s get Troy Franklin and Michael Pittman, re-sign Sneed and Jones, cut MVS and restructure Mahomes and go for a THREE PEAT

I think most of that is possible and I hope against hope they can find a way to keep Jones and Sneed

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
- gets name dropped by Obama
- guest on Kimmel

https://x.com/MecoleHardman4/status/1757488707870109879?s=20

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Pay a WR, Pay Sneed, Pay CJ, Pay a Tackle

Pick 2, is rough

WR being so deep in this draft makes easier to talk yourself into Rice with experience + Pick 32 being better than what you had this year.

I am really curious who Spags would pick between Sneed and Jones. His confidence in his CB gives him so much freedom but Jones is just so good.

Edit: I am coming around to idea that maybe I don’t care if your LT gets all the holding penalties as long as Mahomes doesn’t get lit up.

Calidus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah I feel like Donovan Smith being a FA after his one year contract is being a little overlooked. Do the Chiefs have someone on the roster they trust to play LT? Or would they move Jawaan and plug in another cheaper FA at RT?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm gonna be soooo mad when Jerry Jeudy makes the most insane circus catch in the Super Bowl for the Chiefs next year

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Wanya Morris wasn’t terrible as a backup LT. but yeah tackle is a need.

Problem with WR is that the room will be empty. Toney, MVS, Moore all will be gone for certain.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Can they cut Moore without cap penalty? I don’t know how 2nd round contracts work.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I feel like Donovan Smith being a FA after his one year contract is being a little overlooked. Do the Chiefs have someone on the roster they trust to play LT? Or would they move Jawaan and plug in another cheaper FA at RT?

At the moment, it would be Wanya Morris who subbed in for a month in the regular season. He was fairly mediocre (better as a run blocker), but he was a 3rd round rookie drafted to develop based on toolsy traits.

With Smith, Prince Tega Wanogho (who started the season as the swing tackle) and Allegretti all hitting free agency there's going to be some new faces in the OL next year. I genuinely believe that if the Chiefs draft at 32 it'll be for a lineman. If Guyton is there, I reckon he's the pick.

I would also expect a day 3 OL player to develop like Allegretti did and a double dip for WR (One at 64 and one on day 3 sounds about right).

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

What happens at top of draft with OT and WR probably forces the Chiefs hand? The top 2 tackles and top 3 WRs are all great prospects and I think a bunch teams in top 10 will be making a choice between the two positions. Which will have ripple effects.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Calidus posted:

Can they cut Moore without cap penalty? I don’t know how 2nd round contracts work.
OverTheCap says they could cut him and take a ~$900k dead cap hit and save ~$800k. Probably not worth it if they think another year to develop in Reid's system may help, or just to keep a familiar/experienced (even if he isnt good) face in the WR room with MVS likely to get cut along with the FAs leaving that the other guys mentioned.

Pron on VHS posted:

Wanya Morris wasn’t terrible as a backup LT. but yeah tackle is a need.

Problem with WR is that the room will be empty. Toney, MVS, Moore all will be gone for certain.
Ahh right, I do remember hearing his name. I have to wonder if they decide to let Morris sink or swim. They just won the SB with a buncha mostly bad randos so I think the WR room can only go up from here.

Kevino07 posted:

At the moment, it would be Wanya Morris who subbed in for a month in the regular season. He was fairly mediocre (better as a run blocker), but he was a 3rd round rookie drafted to develop based on toolsy traits.

With Smith, Prince Tega Wanogho (who started the season as the swing tackle) and Allegretti all hitting free agency there's going to be some new faces in the OL next year. I genuinely believe that if the Chiefs draft at 32 it'll be for a lineman. If Guyton is there, I reckon he's the pick.

I would also expect a day 3 OL player to develop like Allegretti did and a double dip for WR (One at 64 and one on day 3 sounds about right).
Yuck, losing all those OL guys sounds painful. But Mahomes is Mahomes soooo I bet he'll be fine.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Chargers play the NFC South, Pats, Cards, and Titans. There were excuses for why they couldn't get 6 wins in 2023; there's no excuse for why they can't get 6 wins in 2024

I think they probably get like 8-9 wins or some poo poo like that, probably look better toward the end of the year. Harbaugh and his staff will be better than anything the Chargers have had in a long time, but they're gonna have a lot of holes on defense, between the cap casualties and the guys who just can't play at all, and their skill position guys aren't great, outside of Allen. they have a ton of work to do to get the team competitive again with the roster issues they're going to be staring down.

2024 is probably the worst is the roster is going to look, between the cap issues and the draft. They should be in alright shape, but it's the Chargers. I'll believe it happens when the results show themselves on the field, and not before then.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Chargers have finally lined up an elite HC-QB combo, not since Marty and Philip

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Here's Your Chiefs Super Bowl Victory Parade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xah2lbtKWYY

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Don't think they'll draft a qb but more surprising things have happened

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You know what keep Mecole Hardman. He has speed and if he can keep his head out of his rear end he can make plays. Why not

edit:

https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1757825256813695480

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Mecole is basically a mascot. Everyone including him knows that he can’t really play WR. He is always going to have a snap ceiling of like…20 plays. But he is really fast and everyone likes him personally. He’s a fun guy.

It’s like if Gehrig Deiter occasionally caught a 50 yard bomb

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pron on VHS posted:

They do, but it's gonna take a year to get out of the hole that Staley abs Telesco dug.

I think 2024 will probably be 7-8 wins, but 2025 they should be making a playoff/division push

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/NFLonFOX/status/1757830928926413057?s=20

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Clark is such a DORK

yes i’m envious of his position in life :colbert:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1757850079652667521?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe are at the parade. I’m in DC in an office meeting.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

The all time Chiefs team is starting to rival the traditional choices of Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, Pats.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Chiefs extended Spags

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Chiefs extended Spags

I still don't know exactly how much I trust Spags if I'm being honest. Absolute nails this year. But he had a whole lot of tools to play with, and if he doesn't have that he doesn't have the best track record.

Go ahead and do it, yeah, he's earned it I guess. I'm just worried about the balancing act if Jones or Sneed go. And I still think one of them probably will.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm optimistic that with restructuring Mahomes contract + the desire to threepeat will hopefully help some of these guys stay another year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Calidus posted:

The all time Chiefs team is starting to rival the traditional choices of Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, Pats.

The all-time Raiders would beat the brakes off the Chiefs and I don't think it's particularly close. Mahomes is amazing but he's not doing much against probably the greatest collection of defensive backs ever. Besides, he wouldn't get the ball much with the God tier Raiders O-line just grinding out forever drives that keep him on the bench.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Derrick Thomas would run circles around that line and Hill would run circles around charles woodson and eric allen

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

Derrick Thomas would run circles around that line and Hill would run circles around charles woodson and eric allen

Woodson would just smush tyreek into the ground after a yard

Do the chargers get to count NO Brees or 2026 Herbie with Harbaugh??

Would actually be a fun off season exercise for this thread to vote on the all time teams within the division

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Double TE sets with Hill on the outside sound nasty with Mahomes + LJ/Charles/Holmes in backfield.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Larry Johnson does not get to join. I'm using my one veto. gently caress that guy

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Christian Okoye

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

kiimo posted:

Larry Johnson does not get to join. I'm using my one veto. gently caress that guy

He had 2k yards on year, and ran straight up and down, that is about all I remember.

That said the more think about this the Chiefs win because of Reid.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Mahomes Jamaal Charles Tyreek and the 2000s OL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fartknocker posted:

Christian Okoye

Where's the Nigerian flag smilie. Now you're talkin