Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE posted:

Today's light armor superstore helmet is a little TOO on the nose, Arrowhead, but I appreciate the sentiment/commitment to the bit. Then again, even Verhoeven had to all but paint swastikas on the dropships and it still wasn't enough.

I haven't seen it but this appraisal means I'm definitely going to get it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Today's episode of "I can't believe I lived through that poo poo" features getting unstuck from level geometry with an autocannon.

https://i.imgur.com/VCMO2p8.mp4

Today I also had someone accidentally fall into deep water while holding the hard drive we needed for the main objective, highly recommend not letting that happen. You have to go all the way back and grab another one.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 15, 2024

Orv
May 4, 2011

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE posted:

Today's light armor superstore helmet is a little TOO on the nose, Arrowhead, but I appreciate the sentiment/commitment to the bit. Then again, even Verhoeven had to all but paint swastikas on the dropships and it still wasn't enough.

Gotta get those Warhammer nerd bucks too

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I tried out heavy armour last night -

I loaded in to a game with mates and we dropped in hot against robots. Within seconds I got hit by an RPG, sending me ragdolling. I thought I was dead but my guy stood back up. I popped a stim yelling "it works the armour works". Moments later I was struck by a barrage of RPGs and died.

Everyone was laughing at me.

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Servers appear to be having a rough time at the moment.

Also, somebody tried to grief the official Discord earlier?

Orv
May 4, 2011
When they say torrential rainstorm they are not loving around :staredog:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What's an autocannon and how do I get one?

Also, gently caress Chargers. Specifically gently caress their corpses. I just had a mission get ruined because three of them charged the extraction point, we killed them, then couldn't get past their corpses to the chopper.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Diephoon posted:

Today I also had someone accidentally fall into deep water while holding the hard drive we needed for the main objective, highly recommend not letting that happen. You have to go all the way back and grab another one.

I had one random pub game, we’re all vibin etc and like 4/5 the way through the designated sample guy fell into a loving crevasse lol.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

lol

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE posted:

Fair, but also it's definitely soaking in those Courier from Fallout New Vegas vibes as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love communism but I love fighting bugs too. :)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Diephoon posted:

A team member died near the water and we could see the samples only half a metre down. A couple of us were trying to get close enough to grab the samples out without falling in ourselves. I figured maybe crouching would put me close enough so hit the ALT key to crouch

After i performed a perfect dive into icy water I remembered I was carrying most of our samples

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

pubbies are driving me nuts they're driving me NUTS

they just want to fight every single thing they see and slag it over and over with orbital strikes and napalm so no one can ever go in and close the holes so the bugs just keep coming and coming

and just now i had an absolute herd of cats who literally went in three different directions and slowly wandered over to me when i told them i was going to the objective and then it crashed as i was on my way back to the launch pad with the codes

megane
Jun 20, 2008

What happens if the destroyer leaves before you’ve called down an objective like a hard drive or something

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Nuebot posted:

What's an autocannon and how do I get one?

Also, gently caress Chargers. Specifically gently caress their corpses. I just had a mission get ruined because three of them charged the extraction point, we killed them, then couldn't get past their corpses to the chopper.

Level 10 heavy weapon, very good but needs a backpack to reload. 10 automatic small explosive rounds per mag.

And it deals with chargers well from the back.

Orv
May 4, 2011

megane posted:

What happens if the destroyer leaves before you’ve called down an objective like a hard drive or something

RIP

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

blahz posted:

[*] Chargers. Destroying the armor on the chargers legs then using your primary to shoot it takes them down super quickly. You can walk to the side as they’re charging you and they will overshoot and stop for 5 seconds to readjust. Their butt is also a trap.
[*] the first orbital strike is pretty great, and can even destroy the radar station building submission that seems to otherwise require a hellbomb to destroy. Didn’t seem like the airstrike, recoilless rifle, or even the 380mm destroyed it.

This probably also applies to the armor itself, but I am exhausted with games that think a "weakness" is "What does barely adequate damage instead of zero damage."

Orbital wise, I also saw that further justification for sticking with basic orbital forever the other night with my fellow quickplay idiots. I also love the little tiny gatling barrage with a fast cooldown, but it seems prone to failing to pop a nest I threw the beacon inside of :sigh: Plus I think the no damage falloff upgrade doesn't even apply to that one?

Jakabite posted:

I executed a pubbie for misuse of mines the other day. We’d asked him to stop in chat but motherfucker just kept putting minefields like right in the middle of where we were meant to be defending.

I want to buy mines with the vague idea of "Sick of the result of bombing a breach being more enemies 0.1 seconds after the explosions are gone."

Yet I am terrified of people dying because one of the few good mine placements I have seen everyone lived through (instead of repeatedly running into the nest they mined to die on their own mines)... still had a death by "Guess that bug corpse was hiding a mine?"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 15, 2024

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

JBP posted:

I haven't seen it but this appraisal means I'm definitely going to get it lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

"subtlety is for cowards" -arrowhead, probably

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

That owns lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
We're basically already anime fascist cops might as well go whole hog

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

"Why did you shoot me in the head?"

"I was just following orders"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Major Operation posted:

Servers appear to be having a rough time at the moment.

No kidding, I keep getting really weird bugs where parts of the controls become unavailable. Can't change weapons, can't shoot, can't run forward unless the camera is facing behind, can't call strategems, or more likely some combination of multiple of those.

Which is relatively new phenomena but I think it's all related to the servers. They really gotta get this stuff sorted.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Took my autocannon against bugs and got p deec at popping charger butts with it, to the point where I decided "hey maybe I can free myself from the mandatory EAT slot." Next mission, we got jumped by 3 chargers and that brought us down to 1 reinforcement, the nearest I've gotten to a failed mission. gently caress chargers.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Helldivers vs. Xenomorph planet when

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TaurusTorus posted:

Level 10 heavy weapon, very good but needs a backpack to reload. 10 automatic small explosive rounds per mag.

And it deals with chargers well from the back.

Well I know what I want in my life.

Spudd posted:

Helldivers vs. Xenomorph planet when

We have starship troopers and terminator, maybe they'll introduce alien vs. predator.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Well I know what I want in my life.

We have starship troopers and terminator, maybe they'll introduce alien vs. predator.

I should specify that the autocannon bounces off of charger armor, so you need to shoot either leg joints, the back, or have someone else break an armor plate.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Friend saw a level 50 tonight lol

Also yeah, gently caress chargers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They should make a special mission where you're being hunted by The Predator. No other enemies.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Can't wait to unlock the railgun. Never fear a charger again.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
is there any point to blowing up the random vents that are on some planets?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

TaurusTorus posted:

I should specify that the autocannon bounces off of charger armor, so you need to shoot either leg joints, the back, or have someone else break an armor plate.

I'm decent at shooting them in the butt. My big issue is that most of my weaponry at the moment might as well be spitting on them for how much it takes to put them down. Them and the things that puke on me are my biggest threats so far.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Ive noticed that if I railgun a Chargers leg it takes about 7 shots with my autoshotty into that same leg to drop them, which is less that but almost a full clip. I basically just empty the clip.

If I empty that same clip into his butt it doesnt do nearly as much damage. It basically takes about 3.5 clips, which makes no sense

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Update completely broke the game for me. I can’t join any games now. cool!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Helldivers 1 had DLC which included a silenced gun https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/Commando_Pack ("there is no proof that it actually reduces the risk of detection.") and remote explosive https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/REC-6_Demolisher. Both sound like heaven for people who love to run off on their own.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzfwtVswxK8

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 15, 2024

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

Helldivers 1 had DLC which included a silenced gun https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/Commando_Pack ("there is no proof that it actually reduces the risk of detection.") and remote explosive https://helldivers.fandom.com/wiki/REC-6_Demolisher. Both sound like heaven for people who love to run off on their own.

Would love a remote explosive grenade that works on "first tap throw, second tap detonate".

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

sure okay posted:

Ive noticed that if I railgun a Chargers leg it takes about 7 shots with my autoshotty into that same leg to drop them, which is less that but almost a full clip. I basically just empty the clip.

If I empty that same clip into his butt it doesnt do nearly as much damage. It basically takes about 3.5 clips, which makes no sense

Weak points like the butt have two effects - one is that “normal” bullets do reduced damage to them, and one is that explosive weapons do full damage when they hit that part. When you shoot the armor off a leg then basically that leg has no defense at all and takes full damage from everything, thus melting to auto-shotties. Bile Spewers/Titans work the same way afaik

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yrah its a strange interaction that its a weak point but not actually weak without specific weaponry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Playing in the top 3 difficulty levels you see some genuine tier 1 operators and its a sight to behold watching them melt chargers

Tried to swap over to fighting terminators and holy Jesus that’s an entirely different feel. Got absolutely wrecked on low difficulties as i realized I needed a different approach